Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Sarge-
I'm finding it hard to actually get my calories in. I'm doing it, but I have that icky "way too full" feeling. That's how they ended up so low... I'd make my food and be full half way through but in my mind I was eating the full calories of the meal I prepared. Just by adding breakfast and snacks I'm at 1100 (I used to eat snacks but once again... Wasn't hungry so I wasn't eating then). Today when I went shopping, I got the regular non low cal versions of the foods I'd usually get that are low fat/low cal/fat free/etc so we'll see how it works out. Stepped on the scale a little bit ago and I'm lower than I was this morning which NEVER happens at night. Amazing what food can do haha (don't get me wrong, this hasn't been the way I've lost all my weight and it was very very unintentional).

By the way- I'm allowed to have a signature now!!! Yay!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #62  
Living the Life

Checking in.
Run accomplished (plenty of sweat) and stretched out. Plus I did the dishes. Yay!

Kendra-Glad you figured out the food/calorie situation! I had my surprised face on that you have been managing on such a small amount of fuel!

Sarge-It is a fun little site. Definitely butt-er kicking!!
I like the challenge. I'm going to have to think about what I can do. What I have been hiding from. Good luck with your cross country trip! I've done a few trips by myself--as long as you are prepared they can be good!

K3-Way to trample the fear and be bad a** in the rain! That's being a runner.

Aally-Welcome, welcome! Now tell us how you are going to melt that butt-er!

Kneed-That's right, you get into that gym, whenever you want.

VickieLou-Get it together! That was a string of excuses! You have been butt-kicked by Sarge. Now get going. Right now!

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 05-11-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Just quoting this for you, bnhtla. Just 24 hours ago you thought you couldn't do w5d1, yet today you completed it and you're feeling like a total rock star. You CAN do it....I know you can because you did it today!
You were right. Next time, I won't doubt myself, I'll just try harder. Thanks for the support.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Cheshire- me too! All that exercising, plus house chores, plus taking care of two kids on 700 cals a day. I don't get it! Hubby said I had been getting irritable though lol

Two super cool "goals"- way back in the beginning I bought a pair of old navy size 6 (old navy vanity sizes like crazy) capris that hardly went over my knees when I first tried them on- they official button and zip with no muffin top!!!!!! I was going through some clothes and found an itty bitty pair of "daisy duke" shorts. Once again they only go about half way up my thighs and I almost tossed them in the donate pile thinking "ya right" but... I'm keeping those suckers! Anythings possible and those old navy capris proved that today!

Another thing- my ring went mia temporarily today. It's been getting loose but I've continued wearing it. Well, it went flying off today lol. I'm trying to decide if I should get it resized now or wait till I'm done losing weight. My finger feels naked without it but I'm so excited it needs to be resized lol

Just two little things that totally made my day
Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #65  

Height: 5'6''

Just checking in for the day. Got 90 mins in at the gym, and 2 hours at the river. Not all of those two hours were hiking though. I played fetch with my dog, so he could swim, for about an hour. Haven't weighed myself to see if I've gained any but tonight I am pretty tired.
Today was my last day at the gym I hope I can keep this up!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Bnhtla -- Awww, love for the platoon! Just don't start hugging Sarge.
Have you signed up for a 5K yet?
Sorry for the emotional outburst, Sarge. I was hopped up adrenaline or endorphines or whatever hops one up after massively rewarding exercise. Don't worry about the hugging. I did have the urge, but after seeing the butt-kicking earlier today I think I'll keep a respectful distance .

Signing up for a 5k is actually one of those things I fear. I looked one up on-line that's coming up in Sept in my hometown. I've never run in public before so that's pretty scary for me. My poor dog has never seen our neighborhood during the daylight-I always walk him under cover of darkness. Gonna have to get over that before I do a 5k.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

As part of my introduction to crossfit I will be doing 50 ball slams and 50 air squats this week. I will add 10 reps each week until I get to 80. I also want to run up this hill in my neighborhood 10 times with 10 pound weights.

Fear list: This is a very important part to owning my success. I need more time to consider what really needs to be worked on.

Kendra- I enjoy having you be an active part of this thread. thanks for being honest with us.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #68  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Interesting can of worms this whole "fear" thing opened and it's amazing that so many are willing to conquer!

Celrae -- Your hill w/10lb weights sounds like an awesome challenge!

Bnh-- Sign up for that 5K! It'll be great motivation for you to expose YOU and your dog to new friends in new neighborhoods! "...running under cover of darkness..." PSHAW! We'll have none of that!

Kendrab--Get that ring sized. Peanutt lost hers and didn't find it until the snow melted in her driveway in Canada!

MadamB & Pokey--Silent today????

Sober/Day 3
Old 05-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #69  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Kendra! Get that ring re-sized or get a temporary band to wear until you're at goal. I did in fact lose my ring for a couple of weeks this winter. I now have a silver band that I bought on Etsy to wear until I'm at goal.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Default Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Interesting can of worms this whole "fear" thing opened and it's amazing that so many are willing to conquer!

Celrae -- Your hill w/10lb weights sounds like an awesome challenge!

Bnh-- Sign up for that 5K! It'll be great motivation for you to expose YOU and your dog to new friends in new neighborhoods! "...running under cover of darkness..." PSHAW! We'll have none of that!

Kendrab--Get that ring sized. Peanutt lost hers and didn't find it until the snow melted in her driveway in Canada!

MadamB & Pokey--Silent today????

Sober/Day 3
Sent you a little note with everything I know on travel.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #71  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Here! My daddy is coming into town tomorrow to visit us for a few days, so I've been busting my BUTT-er to get the house clean, projects done for work, and meals planned and prepared for. On Saturday, all of my family that lives near by will be coming over to visit with my daddy as well - I'll be feeding 17 people altogether. Whoa!

I made sure to still get to the gym today, and will be getting up early the next few days to get my workout in.

Miss you all! Have a great Thursday!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #72  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Kendra, I've been having the same thoughts on my rings (wedding and engagement). Though my weight is slightly lower now than it was when I got engaged, it's only by a few pounds, yet my rings are getting really loose. I'm afraid they're going to fall off. I think I might wear them on my right hand for a while (fingers are a little bigger on my right hand) and then eventually just take them off and wait until I'm at goal to get them resized. My husband DID lose his wedding band last summer - we were on vacation and he was throwing stones into the ocean, and his ring went flying off his hand. We have yet to get him a new one, lol, so we might both be ringless for a while.

I have been sick with a cold and have had really bad cramps the past two days, and tonight got a little nervous when my heart rate went pretty low (below 50) when the cramp pain was at it's worst. Thankfully I was already sitting down because of the pain. But, I waited until the Advil kicked in, and when I felt better again I went to the gym, and my treadmill workout went fine. Got up to 10% incline tonight at 3.6 mph (walking). Food has been on track as usual, but I'm low on my calories again today and need to get them up a bit before bed. I just haven't felt much like eating. Weight is all over the map (to be expected with TOM), but yesterday I was down to 224.0 and so reached my 20% loss goal.

Sorry for not doing personals, but it's already late and I have laundry, food tracking, lunches, and work to do before bed tonight, and tomorrow is an early morning for me. Hope everyone is doing well this week.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #73  
Living the Life

Happy Morning to All!
Thursday! Getting so close to the end of school for me. I can count in on my hands!

Anyhoo...
Have a great exercise a day all.

Kendra-Maybe you can see if you can find some of those plastic ring adjusters. The ones that clip or slide on to the back of rings to make them more snug until you are ready to resize it.

Cal-Squats, yay. Have fun with those. I'm still feeling the ones I did Tuesday. LOL

Okay, I have to go get lunch ready and then work.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 05-12-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #74  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Morning all! Tons to do today including a must attend dinner/cocktail function. That whole no drinking for the week pledge is gonna be interesting.

MAKE TODAY COUNT PLATOON...MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:52 AM   #75  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Morning again, another day to make the best of it.

Wasn't the greatest day yesterday cal wise, will work to right that wrong today, at least it was and is sunny.

Chickadee : My heart rate drops below 50 all the time when i'm just sitting, i've seen it as low as 43 BPM, when i was in the hospital they didn't seem overly concerned as long as i felt fine (wasn't nauseous or weak), probably a direct result of all the exercise i do daily, the better the shape you are in the more efficient it will work.
Closed Thread