Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #16  
Living the Life

Popping in to check in.
I just got done cleaning the car, inside and out! It's so nice now and I worked up a little sweat getting it done.

JoYo-Congrats on getting down to your goal. It is scary actually getting to where you wanted to go because what do you do now?! I'm getting closer to mine and I've been at my goal weight before but that maintenance didn't actually work and I went back up. I attribute my gain to a lack of any kind of plan. I didn't think maintenance out. I drastically changed my activity level but my eating didn't change. Having a plan of course is the way to go. Thinking, okay I'm here, what do I need to do to stay here. Or what are my goals now! Oh the head games.

Yay for our newly acquired members! Kick some butt-er!

Kendrab-Awesome job! That's a great week's worth of butt-er dropping. You'll do great with the C25k! It's so exciting to try new things. Enjoy!!

Reso-Ahh yes soreness. But it's the type of sore that says, "yes, I kick some butt-er!" Stretch it out.
Oh and I love the Pita you mentioned...I make pretty much the same thing but with chicken.

MadamB-You are more than a number remember. The scale is not the end all-be all. Take stock of how you are feeling, how healthy you are feeling. How great you feel after exercising. Your energy levels too.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 04-23-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #17  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Plan today is go to gym and do weights and cardio today. Food Plan needs some work. My weight loss pledge for next week 4/24 - 5/1 is -3 LBS. Now
Let's Melt some Butt-er.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #18  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

More to follow later but WELCOME, WELCOME to fatarnp & patchworkp! Patchwork, I've always admired your siggy sayings...no one knows you're typing with your beak! Any/all weight loss plans welcome here. Can Sarge put you down for at least a -1 pound pledge next week?

Congrats to the other recent posters on those losses! I'll update the pledge board in a bit but SO exciting to see that butt-er melting for so many, especially with it being peeps, jelly beans, & chocolate bunny season!

Sarge already done melting off 800 calories... must...go...back!

Old 04-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #19  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

JayTee, thanks for the welcome. I prefer to be called Penguin its easier than Patchwork, I feel. Please put me down for 1lb, that's what I lost last week. I'm trying to take baby steps back into this weightloss thing; I tried for a long time without losing and got very frusterated so I quit, and am just getting back where I feel ready to try again. I hope I can count on you guys to help motivate me when I get stuck, because I don't want to get to the place I was when I quit.

Cheshire, I feel you are right. Maintainence doesn't just happen, we need a plan that will prevent us from slipping back into old habits.

Kendrab, I used to be a daily weigher but the ups and downs drove me nuts. I figured out my 'low' day and decided to only weigh that day. I did have to hide my scale from myself {and even got Hubby to take the battery out and hide it from me}, But I feel better now weighng only one day. You can do it!

JoJo, very cute user name!

Cleaning house today. I got a new vacuum for my recent BDay so I got to try it out today. Score= Vacuum 1, Penguin 1/2. I got the house vacuumed but I kept pushing the wrong buttons, and once an attachment fell off the back and scared me. Will do better next time. Weights for later.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #20  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I'm officially down 1 pound this week, so I met my goal and didn't experience a gain. I'm trying not to be disappointed - with as much as I worked out this week, I was hoping for a bigger loss, but I'll take a pound!!!

I'll pledge 1 pound for next week, Sarge!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #21  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
I'm officially down 1 pound this week, so I met my goal and didn't experience a gain. I'm trying not to be disappointed - with as much as I worked out this week, I was hoping for a bigger loss, but I'll take a pound!!!

I'll pledge 1 pound for next week, Sarge!
Don't worry it will catch up Pokey, use the dissapointment to your advantage though, let it drive you that little bit harder, push just a tiny bit more.

We all have weeks where we feel we aren't getting what we deserve with our effort, truthfully on the other hand i have had weeks where i lost lots and thought i wouldn't lose anything or very little, just when your body decides to let go, it would be nice to dictate this in an orderly fashion but thats just not how it works.

You still get to see the scale move in the proper direction, one less pound to worry about.

Last edited by Resolute; 04-23-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #22  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WORDS OF KINDNESS & SUPPORT !!

As you all know . . . when the scale is not being nice it can bring you down REALLY FAST, UGH . . . But I look back to Oct 2010 when I weighed almost 200 pounds, now 6 months later and almost 40 pounds lighter: I feel much better, I definitely look better and that's still about 6 1/2 pounds a month . . . OK I'm greedy, I want 10 pounds a month, at least . . . but I will definitely take what I've accomplished so far and know that sooner or later that scale will give up those pounds . . . I'll weigh tomorrow, but then the scale is going in the trunk of my car . . . <sigh> and there it will stay until the next Sunday, at least . . . now if I can stay off the scale at work . . . LOLOL

Penguin: This thread keeps me going, so get ready to BUST YOUR BUTT-ER!!

Pokey, VickieLou, Kendrab, decap & EVERYONE ELSE; CONGRATULATIONS ON THE LOSS, WAY TO MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!!

JOYO: WOOHOO 1/2" IS WONDERFUL . . . I too like it when the inches come off!!!

Kendrab: How did C25K go???

Reso: I bet you are sore, but it WILL PAY OFF!!!

fatarnp: IT NEVER TOO LATE TO JOIN . . . WE LOVE FRESH MEAT, OH, OH I MEAN RECRUITS . . . WELCOME!!

SARGE: THANKS FOR THE CAN OF WUPA@@, I PLAN TO RELEASE IT ON THE SCALES !!! LOLOLOLOL

OK, went for a bike ride, no rain, but colder than I thought it would be (mid 30's) I was warm except for my feet <note to self, when under 50 degrees, wear wool socks outside!!> A bit windy, (what's leftover from the rain yesterday, I guess) but still went for almost an hour (legs were screaming after 15 minutes) . . . went to the store, but I forgot a few things, so I'll MARCH MY FAT BUTT-ER SELF to the store with my back pack. I need more ibuprophen for my knee . . . and a few other things . . . I should have made a list . . .

Peanut/Cheshire: C25K question. I ran, Mon, Wed, & Fri . . . Do I run again Mon, Wed, & Fri or should I start week 2 on Sunday???? or can I wait until Monday???

Peanut: where are you woman???? have you checked in this morning??? Do I see chocolate smears from the bunny ears??? Hmmmmmm I looked at all the bunnies, jelly beans, cadbury eggs, etc and they didn't even really appeal to me . . . if they had been dark chocolate I might be singing a different tune right now . . . Did you get those crunches in????

Everyone just hang in there, I hear there is a scale fairy on the loose . . . you never know where she might land . . . HAVE A GREAT DAY, I'M OFF FOR MY MARCH TO THE STORE!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #23  
SARGE

MadamB -- I think Peanutt posted yesterday that she was off for a day or two to Easter celebrations. And, I agree with all the others. We are not numbers on a scale. Look how far we've all come since meeting each other in January! You've lost over 40 since December!!! I've lost pounds, gained a whole bunch of new friends, found a new use for my free time in trying to motivate others, and we did all this because people tried to silence our FUN!!! So chin up! Eat a bunny ear or two, it won't kill you and it's back to MORTAL COMBAT on MONDAY!

In the meantime, here's another image for those scale-o-phobes out there. Kind of brings new meaning to Reso's "dropping the hammer."

Pokey--You're another one who should on the bright side. Did you ever think you'd be running? A loss in a loss! Like Reso says, one less to worry about and now Sarge is in your head and you're taking a pass on sweets and sweating on the stairmaster!

Chesh--What is the weather starting to look like for your 1/2 marathon? I'm not exactly sure where you live other than the south (I think). Are you already in potential heat wave mode.

Pledge board updates as numbers roll in. Keep sweating peeps...summer is just around the corner!

Old 04-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 276/270/125

Height: 5'3"

Wow I miss a couple of days and there's a whole new thread, yikes!! Can't do that again....lol

Cheshire- Oh thats too funny, my boyfriend's parents live in Rio Rancho, and we currently live down by Cruces. I'm going to start school at NMSU for the fall semester. Very small world indeed....

So Yesterday was a pretty laid back day, I got side tracked working on a painting. Anyway, I did pretty good, stayed under my points, but took a day off from exercising. Ended up only burning about 2400 calories or so....

Today is promising to be much better already, going out to work with, Caesar (2yr old with mental issues, very loveable, but is described in two words Fruit Loop.) Once I come back in I'll do my Zumba, and we'll see after that......lol
Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #25  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

I cleaned house this morning, then did 55mins of weights. I exercise at home to DVDs or on my treadmill. I have an elaborate workout schedule but it pretty much boils down to 'weights one day with cardio the next'. While I have been consistant I've been in an exercise rut recently so I've decided to add in other cardio besides my TM {such as boxing} and different kinds of weightwork such as my dusty kettlebells.

MadamB, one of the things that interested me in joinng this thread was that it is so active. I spend a lot of time home alone and I like having people to talk to. I wore wool hunting socks this year and its the first year my feel haven't been freezing all winter.

Deanna, can I ask what species Ceasar is? I'm betting dog or horse?
Old 04-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Madamb- I won't be doing it until tonight for a few reasons- I'm watching my 2yo nephew (in addition to my own two kiddos), I need to finish Easter basket shopping when he leaves, annnnd- I don't think I feel comfortable attempting to run during daylight :\ at least not yet... Plus, it's FL and freakin hot. I don't want an "excuse" as to why I failed if I do lol

I was able to get in an hour of playing dance central so far, though! I really wish I knew the true amour of calories I burn while playing. I know the cal counter is probably wrong. Oh well.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #27  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

GOOD AFTERNOON ALL!!

Ok, feeling much better after my walk, I put on wool socks, so my feet were toasty warm . . . Oh that's right, I forgot Peanut was hiding Easter eggs and what not . . . and we have come a loooooong way . . . I'm still so angry about that whole "silencing" thing . . . really gave me a BAD taste in my mouth, but we're HERE now and ANYTHING GOES . . . well, you can't say mean things to people, that's just not nice . . . and without you SARGE, we would all be flopping around in the sand like beached whales . . . and what would we do without Rainbow and everyone else who wants to laugh and have a good time . . . oh yea, and lose weight . . . (what was I thinking) .. . . I didn't buy any chocolate bunnies but I did buy some ghirardelli chocolate of which I am going to enjoy a piece or two (I think 2, because I bought 2 different kinds) with a nice glass of red wine . . . and whatever happens, happens . . . I just hate disappointing you SARGE!!!!

BUTTTTTT, SUNDAY IS GOING TO BE A DO NOTHING DAY, WELL I HAVE TO WORK, THEN . . . ON MONDAY, START WEEK 2 OF C25K, AND MELT SOME BUTT-ER AS I AM OFF ALL DAY AND MAYBE THE SUN WILL BE OUT SO I CAN TAKE A REAL BIKE RIDE!!!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 276/270/125

Height: 5'3"

Penguin-yep that would probably help, he's a very large pony right now, but will probably mature just over what's considered horse size. I have two nutty ones (Caesar and Mocha) and then the one in my avatar is Tucker, who is the very sensible and sane one out of the bunch.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #29  
SARGE

Deanna--So funny, I had the same reaction. Species please! You're horse descriptions sound much like our platoon. I'm sure we have at least one sane member in the group?!?!?!

Penguin -- I so agree about the being home alone and finding fun throughout the day right here at Boot Camp!

MadamB--Glad you're more chipper. Yes, Sarge always allows minor exemptions for holidays...with all the various religions we've probably got here I'm guessing if we really tried we could find at least one day a week to go off plan!

And chatty?!? Yes we are. 500 posts every two weeks...who can really keep up? The best part though is that we've found several privates who've stayed tried and true and weathered the inevitable weight loss storms.

Sarge is out for the rest of the night but wishes you all HAPPY EASTER and leaves you with this:

If you can, melt extra butt-er tomorrow. Unfortunately Sarge is facing Polish Fest Easter...ham, polish sausage, egg soup, and various doughy, overly sweet confections.

Sarge
Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

I did it! I did it!!!!! I just did my first workout of the c25k!!!!! I'm still out of breath as I type this and my thighs are cramping but I freakin did it!!!

Sorry I'm just really excited
Closed Thread