Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #31  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

YAY KENDRAB! YOU ARE NOW A RUNNER! Enjoy those cramps of success!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 276/270/125

Height: 5'3"

Kendrab that's awesome, congrats!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default pledge for the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 45 lbs./20%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who are determined to give 110% each and every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge is Back!

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.
Sarge!
Thought I better catch you before the chocolate bunnies attack...

I am pledging to maintain and up my game with more exercise. Maybe I can knock off that last 1/2". I truly loved the coco-bunnie joke!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #34  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the link to the new thread, Sarge!

This is my first pledge so I hope I am doing it right.

I want to pledge to start the couch to 5k program this week and stick to it for my first week and to lose at least 2 pounds. I hope I can meet both goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojotheyoyo View Post
Sarge!
Thought I better catch you before the chocolate bunnies attack...

I am pledging to maintain and up my game with more exercise. Maybe I can knock off that last 1/2". I truly loved the coco-bunnie joke!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
YAY KENDRAB! YOU ARE NOW A RUNNER! Enjoy those cramps of success!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna1303 View Post
Kendrab that's awesome, congrats!!!
Thank you both! I got home and my hubby was like "wow, you actually did it!". It was beyond obvious by how sweaty I was

Question for all that have done the c25k- did you REALLY end up running 3 miles in 2 months?!? Looking at the plan, I just look at it like, "yeahhhhh okay...". No matter what I'm sticking to it, I'm just curious on others success with it
Old 04-24-2011, 01:13 AM   #36  

S/C/G: SW-213/GW-170/CW-194

Height: 5ft 7

Hello!
Can I join in?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #37  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Hiya phillygirl, resident man child here Hey the ladies let me stick around i'm sure you are most welcome, make a pledge and then make it happen.

So another day where i had to go 10 rounds with my evil alter ego, did my 10K walk this morning then came home had a turkey bun (yummy) proceeded to head out on the bike for a 10K ride came home feeling like i was doing pretty good.

So's i go and visit my brother, whoops he decides to bring out some drinks anyways i had 3 or 4 and thought i better get home before i go overboard, so what do i do when i get home, i eat way to much and lay on the couch like a sloth.

This is the part i'm proud of though, after feeling sorry for myself for around 3 hours i wrestle myself to a rage and head out on the bike and do another 10K, was really rough because of the booze and full stomach but i punished myself good, when i came home i felt reenergized and have spent the whole evening listening to music and cleaning the house.

So i should still have a deficit today, tomorrow i plan on going biblical to get back on track fully, will post my weekly loss tomorrow, afraid to get on the scale tonight.

Oh ya, did i mention i love my new bike.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
This is the part i'm proud of though, after feeling sorry for myself for around 3 hours i wrestle myself to a rage and head out on the bike and do another 10K, was really rough because of the booze and full stomach but i punished myself good, when i came home i felt reenergized and have spent the whole evening listening to music and cleaning the house.
Gotta say this gave me quite a giggle drunk on a bike lots of crazy mental images just glad you didnt injure yourself

SO HAPPY EASTER TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE got a big old roast dinner at the parents today, i bought a Gammon joint and want to glaze it, so bought low sugar honey and will make it with mustard, so less calories my mum is good though, she struggles with her weight so all her food is now cooked alot healthier. I my mum.

And something i want to share, probably not interesting but i dont care I decided to convert my garden into a vegetable garden, bought tons of seeds etc and yesterday, i looked and got so excited, loads are through I have potatoes, carrots, lettuces, rocket, tomatoes, herbs, pak choi, choy sam, chilli plants, pepper plants, the only think not through is my spring onions and baby corn plants. BUT I cant wait to munch on this lot nom nom nom

So Zumba today, I downloaded the podcast to do the c25k, but the guy annoyed me so ill stick to paper

have an awsome easter kids and talk later SALUTE
Old 04-24-2011, 02:47 AM   #39  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Evening, all. Today was a reasonably good day - I made it to the gym for some cardio, then did some strength and balance exercises later at home, and my calories were within my target range as usual. Passover seems to be going better than in past years, but I am still REALLY looking forward to it being over on Tuesday night. Just three more days to go.

MadamB: I'm glad you're feeling better about the scale after getting some encouragement here. Don't forget what an awesome job you're doing with all that exercise!

Cheshire: Nice job on the long run! I'm glad it felt better this time.

dcapulet: Glad to hear about the pound, and your goals for the coming week. I hope you're doing well.

penguin: I couldn't help but giggle at your vacuuming description!

Sarge or MadamB: Could one of you explain what happened in the past? I don't mean to dredge up old stuff, but I wasn't around or aware and so don't know the history. Oh, and good luck with the Easter meal, Sarge!

Kendra: Great job on the C25K!!

Koshi: The garden sounds like fun! It will be great to have all those vegetables come up.

Resolute: Way to motivate and get another walk in so that you felt better about your day! I've been meaning to ask you... what exactly is a "turkey bun"? I googled images and got turkey sandwiches and this

Welcome to all the new recruits, and Happy Easter everyone!!

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-24-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:51 AM   #40  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post
Gotta say this gave me quite a giggle drunk on a bike lots of crazy mental images just glad you didnt injure yourself

SO HAPPY EASTER TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE got a big old roast dinner at the parents today, i bought a Gammon joint and want to glaze it, so bought low sugar honey and will make it with mustard, so less calories my mum is good though, she struggles with her weight so all her food is now cooked alot healthier. I my mum.

And something i want to share, probably not interesting but i dont care I decided to convert my garden into a vegetable garden, bought tons of seeds etc and yesterday, i looked and got so excited, loads are through I have potatoes, carrots, lettuces, rocket, tomatoes, herbs, pak choi, choy sam, chilli plants, pepper plants, the only think not through is my spring onions and baby corn plants. BUT I cant wait to munch on this lot nom nom nom

So Zumba today, I downloaded the podcast to do the c25k, but the guy annoyed me so ill stick to paper

have an awsome easter kids and talk later SALUTE
LOL, i wasn't really drunk, a little tipsy earlier but it had diminished to lethargy by the time i mustered up some motivation.

Can't wait to plant my garden, still be another month , did throw some steer manure on my Rhubarb, blueberries and raspberries today though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Resolute: Way to motivate and get another walk in so that you felt better about your day! I've been meaning to ask you... what exactly is a "turkey bun"? I googled images and got turkey sandwiches and this
Are you joking me ? Turkey buns are plain but delicious, for me just a bun some butter, salt and pepper and nice white turkey meat.

Some people might put mayo on it or go nuts and throw a bunch of stuff but not me, lower cal without anyways.

You have never had a turkey bun ?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #41  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Happy Easter!

Chickadee, When I was in collage I went to an antique show and bought a 'spanish haircomb' that was just beautiful. I started to collect them and ended up with hair past my butt and 75 combs. So your picture brought back memories because I used to wear my hair that way. Well ,coiled up in back but nothing as nice as the picture. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CGEQ9QEwBg This is very similar to my first comb.

Phillygirl, welcome, glad to have you join us. This is my first week also.

Resolute, good job for getting on the bike and not being a sloth.

Kendra, great job on your run!!

JayTee, Love the bunny cartoon! What?

Deanna, thanks for the clarification. I was hoping you weren't talking about your kids, LOL!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #42  
SARGE

HAPPY EASTER ALL! TIME TO HOP TO IT!

Sarge = 1 /// -2
Resolute = 4 /// already -4 and still going!
Linalin = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Cheshire = 1.5
Sizzlin = 2
MadamB = 2
Kneed = 2
NEMom =
Hummingbird = 1
Chickadee = 2 /// already -2.9 and still going!
Lucyf = 3
Pokey = 1 /// -1
Rainbow = maintain
Yoyo = maintain /// MAINTAINED & 1/2 in. off waist!

Newbies
Prvt. Koshi = 2 /// (-6.5) & ONE-derland!!!!!
Prvt. Deanna = 3
Prvt. Bnhtla = 2
Prvt. Amylou = 3
Prvt. Pintamino = 1
Prvt. Lixard = 2.5

Total Platoon Pledge = 36.5 /// Actual loss =

Pledges week 4/24 - 5/1

Sarge = 1
Pokey = 1
VickieL= 3
DCap = 2
MadamB =
Resolute =
Peanutt =
Pokey =
Cheshire =
Chickadee =

Yoyo = Maintain & and another 1/2" off waist

Newbie Prvts.
Mochi =
Penguin = 1
Kendrab = 2.5 (AND LOST 3.8 SINCE LAST SUNDAY!!!!)
Tschaff = 2 and start C25K program!
Phillygirl =

Last edited by JayTee; 04-24-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #43  
SARGE

ATTN' HUT TROOPS!

Yes, we can be a chatty group but as MadamB pointed out yesterday, I believe our common goal is weight loss?!?!? (and a good laugh now and then!), I really hope we meet our platoon goal for last week. We've got such a strong start!

Few personals before Easter Brunch--

Phillygirl -- WELCOME!!!! Hope you stick around for awhile! Let us know how much poundage you WILL lose next week and come back as often as you need for a kick in the pants to stay on plan!

Penguin -- another line in your siggy also amuses me, "an exercise in futility still counts!"

Reso -- drunk biking?!?!?! lol... "going biblical" on weight loss ... love it!

Koshi -- What's a "Gammon joint?" Sounds like something I smoked in the 1960's! Also, made me smile when you wrote, "...probably not interesting, but I don't care" That's the spirit of this platoon!

Which brings me to Chickadee -- not to dredge up the past, but this thread was created when a group of us were chastised in The Biggest Loser Challenge thread for being "overly aggressive." Go figure, it was/is a CHALLENGE!!!! I guess some were more accustomed to talking about losing weight instead of doing it. Hold a grudge...who me?

Again, all have a great day and if you've got time drag your buns (turkey or otherwise) to the gym!

Sarge
Old 04-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #44  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

Didn't lose AGAIN this week!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a bad week overall though, baby was sick so three days this week I couldn't go to the gym. Didn't gain though, so I'll take it.

Pledging only 1 this week, I'm hoping I can get back into the swing of things! My deadline is creeping closer and I'm still about 8 pounds from my first mini goal!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #45  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

Oops! And Happy Easter!
Closed Thread