Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #31  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday girls!

I just getting ready to leave for work. Day 3 smoke free! Gonna keep it that way. Scale WAY up this morning due to last nights horrific fast food binge AND hubby deciding to watch TV in bed. I am usually asleep by 930. At 11 I finally asked him to shut it off. Then he had coughing fits until 12:30. I am running on about 4.5 hour sleep. So not my style. But I'll catch up through the week!

Welcome soontobe! You will love it here. And the girls on this thread are fantastic leaders in healthy busy life land!

Purple- yay for your confidence boost! I am one day behind ya and hope to report the same at the end of the day today!

Okay girls. Off to work. Have a great day!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #32  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Whew! I feel like today I'm really getting back on track, even though I have SO much to do around the house. My DH went back to work today after being off for 4 weeks b/c he had surgery. We love each other, but we're not used to spending every minute with each other, so I think it'll be nice to have him back at work during the week.

W: one gallon...I'm already on my way. I'm a quarter into my first large cup! It's really helping that I've started taking vitamins; I drink a lot of water with them.

E: 45 minutes on the eliptical plus the housework that needs to get done today

E: it's a vegetarian day for me. Fruit smoothie for breakfast and I have my salads portioned and in the fridge waiting.

D: Today I'm going to take 20 minutes of alone time!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #33  
At it again

Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well this Monday

W: 64 oz. I made it yesterday and know I can do it today.

E: Healthy calories!! Usually, I'm gung-ho to start off and have no problem keeping under my calorie limit, but I want to really try to make them as nutritious as possible this time around.

E - Already took dog for AM walk. My goal is to add a second one this afternoon, which should bring me to at least 60 mins of brisk walking. (My puppy has a LOT of energy!)

D - Catch up on work and not get so stressed about what remains to be done. I love vacation, but getting back to the grindstone is not fun!

dandimae, I totally agree - I love having my family around, but it's difficult when there's a change in routine. And four weeks is a long time! Glad your husband is back on his feet. My kids are home from school for another couple of weeks, so things are still a bit hectic here, but they'll be gone before I know it and I'll start missing them again.

Have a great day everyone!
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #34  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Long time no see!

Hi y'all, Carolyn here!

I had to look back at my most recent post to see how long it has been. I discovered that my last challenge was the Valentine's Challenge in 2009! I was happy to see that my weight was what it is today. I did gain 10 pounds in 2009 and got it off last year, but I would like to get to 150 lbs as I am most comfortable at that weight.

My goal is a pound a week down which means 6 pounds by Valentine's Day.

Here we go:

W - 80 oz. a day (80 oz.)
E - Exercise 6 x week (Weights)
E - Body For Life eating plan
Cereal/Blueberries - 9 AM
Bagel/Protein Shake - 12 PM
Turkey Sandwich/Cucumber/4 After Eight sticks - 2:45 PM
Protein Bar - 4:45 PM
2 Turkey Dogs/Carrots/Yogurt - 9:30 PM
Chai Latte - 11:00 PM

D - This is a lifestyle change. Start now. Log in your progress as you go!

Off to the gym I go!

Last edited by Clykk; 01-04-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #35  
Goodbye Fat!

Hi Ladies,

I would love to join this group. I started exercising again at the start of December and I really think it helped me get throught the holidays and still lose 10 pounds. Usually it is the other way around. So I am hoping by Valentine's Day I can were a new dress for my husband on Valentine's day. My goal is to lose another 10 pounds. Currenlty I am training to do a half marathon on March so that is also my motivation. I am going to walk most and run some. Afterwards I want to get back into running but baby steps!

W - ok for this I am usually okay, but I am going to try and limit myself to only 1 Diet Coke a day.
E - Do my four miles on Tuesday and Thursday under an hour
E - 7 fruits and veggies a day
D - Prepare mentally for Sunday 7 miles!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #36  
Living Light

I just weighed in at the gym and discovered I am 165 today, not 161 like I thought! I am hoping it is water retention, but either way, I haven't seen 165 in months. I'm not impressed!

Last edited by Clykk; 01-03-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #37  

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies!

For those who don't know me already a quick bio since I'm late to the party...My name is Emily, I'm 31 (on thursday), have two boys ages 4 and 2 with one on the way in June. I work full time, my DH is an engineer so he works and travels a lot (you'll hear me complain every now and then ) For now my weight loss is on hold and I'm just trying to gain as little as possible this pregnancy since I'm already ~35 pounds overweight. My plan is to start Weight Watchers for nursing moms back up when this babe is out and get my body back!

Sorry with all he craziness of the holidays I haven't been on the past week. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday - for the first year we were home on Christmas morning which was really nice. I'm turning 31 on thursday, but as a nice present we (hopefully) get to find out the gender of this bambino on the 13th! Keep your fingers crossed for a girl ladies!

I'll try and catch up with personals soon, nice to see so many new 'members' of the group - the WOW ladies are great!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #38  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Emily, I almost had a heart attack when I read that you were finding out the gender of baby number 13 and not the gender of the baby on the 13th! I guess that's what I get for trying to read when my kids are trying to get my attention! LOL
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #39  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

hello ladies... too many to name by name but hello everyone..
My name is tiara and im from hawaii.. Im 22 gonna be 23 on feb 13 and am in desperate need to loose all my hoilday weight. i weighed in this morning at a shocking 251.. yes i gained 20lbs. Oh my... any way i have no kids and i work . i hope to be back down to the 30's by my bday
w 64oz
e none for today but will start 2mo
e 1200 calories starting phase 1 of sb.. let us pray for strength..
d finish cleaning out last of hoilday junk out of the house...
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #40  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandimae View Post
Emily, I almost had a heart attack when I read that you were finding out the gender of baby number 13 and not the gender of the baby on the 13th! I guess that's what I get for trying to read when my kids are trying to get my attention! LOL
I laughed out loud when I read that you read it how I read it. Guess we both should slow down or Emily is gonna be a super busy mamma!

Hey Chicks,

I did it. I got on the treadmill today. 1st exercise seriously in 6 months or better. I didn't want to, but I did.... for 30 minutes even! and ran 2 60 second chunks. I forgot how good it feels to sweat!

Victory #2 is day 3 of no smoking. I usually would patch up, but I went cold turkey this time. I think having the nicotine out of the system (I think 48 hours it takes) seems to be the key. I loved me some patches but I had to take it off and go straight to bed or I found myself craving into the night.

Work was a nightmare today. 3 greivances filed, 2 additional discipline actions underway, and I didn't get to do anythiing I had lined out. I felt like quitting, but made it through, came home, did 30 minutes and lived to tell about it.

Okay... I'll stop babbling... (I'm just excited about getting through life!)
Have a great night, and stay strong girls!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #41  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Way to go everyone!!! I am envious of those of you who are training for half marathons and doing the c25K~~ My knees totally cannot handle that!! Zumba twice a week is bad enough on them, thank goodness for elliptical machines!!

Emi - I am definately crossing my fingers for a girl for you!!
Nixmom - Awesome job on going cold turkey - I keep seeing this thing online called 'smoker's ally' it is an electronic cigarette - have you heard of it?
JC - sounds like the kids are over there illness, thank goodness
Hi MotherMavis! happy new year!
Nice to meet you dandy and clykk!!

W - 96 oz
E - half hour weights and hour zumba class
E-1465 calories
D - get a good night's sleep
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #42  
Calorie Counter

MM~I hope you enjoyed your day with the kids.

Kris~I hope you made it another smoke free day! Great job getting on the treadmill. Soon you will crave the endorphines, NOT nicotine

Dandi~My DH was laid off for 3 months and the days we spent together were great for a while, but I'm glad he is back at work.

Rmc~I believe in calories in vs calories out, but I do not beileve 100 cals of sugar = 100 cals of fruit. I supose technically they are, but refined vs complex carbs its a no brainer to me.

Clykk~Glad to see you again!!!

Dollypie~ Half marathon!! Good for you. The most I've ran is 8 miles.

Emily~I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a girl. Have you picked out names yet?

Tiara~ I'm in the 20 pound gain club too. It happened very fast (I even worked out 3 times a week most of the time.) We can both lose this weight!

Willsangel~I agree thank goodness for ellipticals. It helps after a long day on my feet to even want to work out. Yes, the kids are all back to healthy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a good day WEED wise but a cruddy day work wise. It felt good to workout today. 37 minutes. Food has been awsome. Water is all drank. Now it is time to go to bed, I have an early morning date with Makenna and her dentist.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all! Glad to see so much activity!!

Kris, yay for moving it!

Jeni, had a great day with my guys and got over 15K steps!

Quick today, back to work!!

W 100
E 10k steps, walk at lunch but it's cold in the northeast, so we will see.
E Plan
D One thing at a time
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #44  
Living Light

Good Morning!

My WEED went pretty well yesterday. I met my goal of water and exercise, but slipped some with my diet. It's another day though. Here I go!

W - 80 oz. a day (56 oz.)
E - Exercise 6 x week (30 min. Cardio Run)
E - Body For Life eating plan
Protein Bar - 8:30 AM
Bagel/Protein Shake - 12 PM
Chicken nuggets/Carrots - 3:45 PM
Cottage cheese/blueberries - 6:15 PM
Smart popcorn/Cheese/Crackers/Wine/2 Handfuls of butterscotch chipits - 11:00 PM
D - Make a meal plan for today. Done! Now, follow it!

Last edited by Clykk; 01-05-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Yesterday was not on plan, but not by choice. Around 11AM we headed out to get hubby a new car and ended up being there until 8PM!!!!! Long story, but I could not leave and the only food was vending machines full of junk and complimentary coke. I caved around 6:30 and got the kids a candy from the machine and convinced our sales girl to get me a bottle of water, but otherwise we were starving to death when we got out of there. Long story short, my weed didn't look real good and I'm not even gonna post it. We ended up eating fast food, but I had a veggie burger, so at least that was better than anything else on the menu today has to be better. Staying home and doing everything on plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Okay... I'll stop babbling... (I'm just excited about getting through life!)
Have a great night, and stay strong girls!
Don't stop! I love reading posts like this where someone is all excited. It is very motivating to me. You have are on that beginner's high and it feels so great, right! I loved reading that you had that horrible day at work and still went home and worked out. That's what it takes to make it to the end...or so I think, coming from someone who has yet to make it
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote