Old 01-02-2011, 05:42 AM   #16  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Kris, Keep up the hard work. I know you can do it!

I am feeling very confused by the days. I was thinking today was monday Oh well I can manage 2 more days of work. I'm getting ancy to workout. I am going to be working out after work starting tomorrow (since the gym isn't open for me this weekend. I will be taking my clothes with me and changing while Mak is getting ready for swim team. busy times are ahead for me (6 weeks worth anyway). Mak is going to be swimming and playing basketball, Tommy will be doing swim lessons and short sports (its a class they offer 3-5yo at my Y, they learn all sorts of sports.) plus cooking dinner every night AND getting in my workouts.

W 64 oz
E extra laps around the plant
E 1500 cals no startches at night
D have fun at work!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all!! Glad to see some familiar faces and so many new faces. I look forward to meeting you all!

Kris, I am so proud of you, it's hard, but you are stronger. I "smoked" straws when I was quitting for something for my hands and mouth to do. My hubby chewed toothpicks instead....I gave up the straws, but he still has a toothpick most of the time.

Yesterday was pretty good all in all. Did have a couple of beers and split an order of egg foo young which was the best of the bad choices for my low carb eating. It gets easier on Tuesday when I go back to the office.

W 100
E 10k steps and abs
E Today should be my first perfect day in a while
D One choice at a time
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #18  

Okay..I'm *in*! It's so nice to have a support system like this at your fingertips. I am a complete newbie.
I am 48 and 5'8''. My ultimate goal-weight is 160 lbs. (sounds heavy - but I'm thin at that weight!)
I weighed in today at 194, so my goal in this 6-week challenge is to be 180.

W- 2 litres of water/day
E - treadmill 5x a week for at least 35 minutes. Three gym classes a week.
E - Follow the Simply For Life Plan - it's easy, non-depriving and works for me.
D - Work diligently on the *inside job* then everything will follow. Stick to my goals.

PS Where can I get a weight-scale post like you all have - that would help with motivation? Thanks!
shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #19  

Okay..I'm *in*! It's so nice to have a support system like this at your fingertips. I am a complete newbie.
I am 48 and 5'8''. My ultimate goal-weight is 160 lbs. (sounds heavy - but I'm thin at that weight!)
I weighed in today at 194, so my goal in this 6-week challenge is to be 180.

W- 2 litres of water/day
E - treadmill 5x a week for at least 35 minutes. Three gym classes a week.
E - Follow the Simply For Life Plan - it's easy, non-depriving and works for me.
D - Work diligently on the *inside job* then everything will follow. Stick to my goals.

PS Where can I get a weight-scale post like you all have - that would help with motivation? Thanks!
shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #20  
At it again

Good morning everyone and thanks for being so welcoming.

I'm glad that others are finding it challenging to still be in weekend/holiday mode. I made some initial healthy steps yesterday - getting rid of the holiday goodies we still had in the house, took a long walk, drank some water, kept my calories down - BUT, I certainly wasn't in total "healthy living mode".

I pledge to be better today, even if I can't quite get totally into it until Monday when life goes back to normal. Better still beats the lifestyle I had before!

Hope everyone has a great day!
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #21  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

I was SO bad yesterday. I am already doing tons better today! I am doing a local, in-person weight loss competition and our initial weigh in was this morning, so I think that is having something to do with it. I made a huge salad and put it in the fridge so when I get hungry maybe I'll snack on that and not on anything bad that's here. I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast and I'm on the right track. I just have to drink all my water and complete my exercise and my daily goal is taking care of my dirty kitchen and I'll feel like I'm really ahead of the game.

Happy Sunday everyone! Shiloh, I think you have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts to add stuff to your signature. It just takes a little time.
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #22  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hellooo Ladies!!
Welcome to all our new ones!! I am Vikki - 39, mother of a 14 yo, girlfriend to Will. I suffer major depression so I am a sporadic poster at best. But I do real ALL the posts and try to do personals responses when I can.

my weed for today

w - 64
e - no appetite after binging yesterday but i will try to do minimum calorie intake.
e - cleaned house and put up christmas tree and put decorations together
d - continue on my journey
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

I'm pretty sure my husband is trying to give me a heart attack. He came home from work this morning and said he wanted to discuss joining the National Guard. He's a police officer, and that is stressful enough (although I'm not to the point of some of the wives who sleep with police scanners by their beds), and now he wants to join the Guard?! I grew up in an active duty Army family, did the whole moving to a different country every two years thing, my dad was gone for years at a time. I know that the Guard is different, but sheesh, can I get a break please?!

All that has led to a rather lazy day with me trying to keep my mind off of it. My eating has been great, but definitely haven't been moving like I should be. Any suggestions here? I've always been bad with exercising.
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #24  

Kathrynk, my son, who is working on his Masters is now talking about OCS, so I can commiserate. As for the exercise, anything that can get you off the couch, a walk, video, exercise on demand if you get it, dancing, Wii, whatever gets ya moving.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #25  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi weedies... just checking in.

Kathrynk – 15 minutes of movement – you can do anything for 15 minutes. Set a timer, when it goes off decide if you want to do more or not. At least you get your 15 in a day (which usually results in 30 for me - if I'm already moving/sweating then why not). The whole exercise thing… in any form…. Seems easier to me in 15 minute increments. Hope that helps.

Wills – Welcome back! I’m 39 too and ready to be Fit by 40. I’ll do my best to remind you to post and to keep you on the happy side of things. We are glad you are here!!!

Dandi, Mavie, Jen thanks for the encouragement…. I am stronger and more determined than ever. I realize how many times I have “quit” and feel foolish that it was not longer lived or done more whole hearted. I got it this time! Looking forward to changing my signature every day!

I am headed for a super naughty fast food dinner. I have my meals planned and packed to start tomorrow. I am ready to hit the ground running in the AM! But for tonight.... after taking the kids home.... its gonna be food bliss then 8 hours of sleep!

Nite weedies.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #26  
Calorie Counter

just a fly by I can barely keep my eyes open. post more in the morning.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Okay, I am proud of myself! I did pretty good, but still tons of room for improvement...first day is always hardest for me, but now I have my confidence going and I want to do better tomorrow...

W: 4 or 5 bottles, lost count, but met goal either way

E: as perfect as I could possibly be today!

E: completely forgot about the morning exercise thing! Did reach 300 calories burned on wii, but didn't hit goal there either.

D: I would have hit my work goal but I got held up by a client...darn! Just puts more on my plate for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I want to not forget the morning exercise and get caught up with work. I can catch up even if that client still doesn't get back to me, it will just be a bit harder.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Another newbie joining in!

I'm Sarah. I'm a 37 yr old sahm of 2 fabulous kids and I also do daycare out of my home. I have 75 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight and I think this challenge will really help me get going.

W - I have no idea how much water it is but my goal is to drink AT LEAST 2 of my big water bottles every day.

E - Minimum 20 minutes of exercise each day. I have Rhuematoid Arthritis so I have to start slowly there - most likely will just be walking to start with.

E - I'm really working on portion control for my eating plan, that's where I have the most trouble.

D - Just taking it one day at a time and not beating myself up if I slip up now and then.

I don't have a weight loss goal for Valentine's Day...I just want to stick to the WEED goals for now.

We can do it everyone!!
Soontobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #29  
Calorie Counter

Shiloh tell me about that Simply for life plan.

Willsangel: Nice to see you back!!

Kathryn: take exercise one step at a time. start off slow. It may not sound like enought, but build your stamina and muscles. 15 minute increments.

Dandi~I love having competitions at work. They are very motivating for me.

Kris~I hope you got some sleep!

Purple: great job on your water and food!

Soontobe I rarely set a weight loss goal. It took me 4 years to reach 60 pounds lost. (of course then I gained a bunch back) I never really met my goal, but I did learn what a sustainable goal was for me.

My official w/i will be tomorrow, but it is looking like I lost 3.5 pounds this week. I get to start back to working out after work today. I guess the Y was nuts yesterday so I'm sure afterwork today will be interesting. I jsut hope I beat the 5clock rush.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1500 cals
D dont feel guilty that I am not watching all of Maks swim team practice from the bleachers.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #30  

Morning Chicks! Yesterday was a good day, weight was up anyway so need to get that figured out. I think I may need to weigh once a week instead of every day so the day to days don't freak me out.

Jeni, don't feel guilty, you are leading by example. Mak will benefit from a fit Momma!

Tomorrow I go back to work, but today is a me day with my college boys who are home for 3 more weeks. We are going to go shopping but mostly just to spend the day together!

W 100
E 10k steps, will not be too bad with the mall in there
E OP, lunch out will be a challenge, probably a salad of some type
D Relax & enjoy