Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Ok, I lied . My daughter helped me put a mole skin thingy on/over my blister. We went for a 90 minute walk. Granted we didn't break any speed or distance records. We did get in a nice walk in the evening sun . We did a lot of talking to Im happy with it. Something is better than nothing. I am going to do a yoga workout later tonight. The blister site is very sensitive but I managed with the extra cushion over the bandade. I will be so happy when I get these shoes broken in!!!
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #17  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

AnnElk- Welcome!!

Dixie- It's cool that you got your walk in. I got my run in today after work.

I went and got a new haircut- check out the new avatar photo! It's a lot closer to the last pic than what my hair was before it was cut today. The stylist cut about 4 inches off my hair. I needed my summer cut.

On plan today - 1600 calories (dunno how I hit that exactly) 40 minutes exercise. Yay! Going to make myself some sleepytime tea and hit the hay. Night night Ladies!
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #18  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Sprkl - Your hair looks great. I keep thinking of cutting my hair for the summer. It is getting just long enough to fall behind my shoulder blades when I sit down and it is getting annoying!!!

Dixie - Moleskin is the best. I will be loading up on it this weekend when I am running around in my knee high Docs. That sounds like a great walk too. Isn't walking and talking the best? My mother and I always go for after dinner constitutionals when we are on vacation together.

I ran again last night. I am getting faster, even after just a few days. Still on the treadmill though. And I inspired a friend to start the C25K as well. Since we are both using the treadmill and listening to our iPhones, we aren't doing it together (it just isn't that social), but I am hoping to move outside and gather a running group once I need the queues less (like when I can run for 30 minutes straight)

AND........

I saw a new number on my scale this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

That brings me just under having lost 15% of my starting weight!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #19  

Knobdhy~ The moleskin is helping. I think she got it at Wallys. I love going for walks with her . hope your running goes blister free
Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #20  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

sprkle: your hair is so cute! And I love the glasses!!! I'm trying to find a picture that I can add of myself, but I just don't have one that is recent. I could post what I used to look like as motivation, but I don't know...

My computer hates me! Ha. I'm going to try and change my signature, but right now I have to go to bed. I have been so crazy busy this last week, I don't know what's going on! Hope everyone is doing well!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #21  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I've got to hit this thing on the head. I've been AWFUL the last month and didn't take part in the previous part of this challenge at all. I've gained 4 pounds back of what I had lost! I don't know what is wong with me! I'm still conscious of what I'm doing and want to achieve but I keep throwing it all away. I ate a mcflurrie and fries yesterday!

So anyway I'm back here now to try and get back on track and not carry on messing up.

This challenge my goal is to lose 10lbs. As of this morning I weigh 147lb so by May 31st I want to weight 137lb!

Today all I've eaten in a bowl of fat free yoghurt and a cup of tea and now that the weather is getting nicer I've decided to start cycling to work insead of catching the bus. I've got to leave in a few mins actually.

I'll have to come back later and complete my reflections/habits part of the challenge.

Have a good day guys.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #22  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Okay, sorry for the double post but my last post was just a kinda intro, lol.
So I'm back from work and I did it! I cycled there which went pretty okay. It only took me about 22 mins and it was mostly downhill. Cycling home was much harder because I live right on the top of a hill - my god my thighs were burning - but I did it in about half an hour! Yay! I have to do it again in a few hours though. This is because of my work hours. I work a few hours in the morning and again in the afternoon each day with a big gap in the middle. So if I can keep up this cycling each day I'll be as fit as a fiddle in no time... I hope, lol.

So a bad habit which I've broken: This might sound kinda stupid but it's actually a really big deal to me. I've started taking accountability for my weight by weighing myself each week without fail. This is huge for me because I've always had this mentality whereas as long as I don't look at the scales then my weight problems will go away. In the past whenever I've fallen off plan, even if it's just one spurge or something, I stop weighing myself. I just get too scared to do it. But his time I've been forcing myself to step on those scales and confront my weight and take accountability for my actions. This is why I'm still here. I know I've gained four pounds and it's only because I know that that I can make the choice to rectify it.

A bad habit to work on: I graze a lot. I constantly eat handfuls of nuts or saltanas or other little things we have in the pantry and then pretend it didn't count towards my daily intake. I need to stop that!

So I hope everyone is doing well. This year long challenge has been good for me even if I have had a bad patch. I hope to see everyone around here soon.

Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 04-12-2010 at 07:40 AM.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #23  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

have not and will not WI this week that is next week. Nothing to new to report here that seems to be my theme right now. but soon very soon I will be back at it.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #24  

Went on a long hike yesterday. It was beautiful hiking. ready to do some more
Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #25  
I have another theory . .

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post

So a bad habit which I've broken: This might sound kinda stupid but it's actually a really big deal to me. I've started taking accountability for my weight by weighing myself each week without fail. This is huge for me because I've always had this mentality whereas as long as I don't look at the scales then my weight problems will go away. In the past whenever I've fallen off plan, even if it's just one spurge or something, I stop weighing myself. I just get too scared to do it. But his time I've been forcing myself to step on those scales and confront my weight and take accountability for my actions. This is why I'm still here. I know I've gained four pounds and it's only because I know that that I can make the choice to rectify it.
OMG, thank heavens I'm not the only one who does this. I avoid the scale unless I've been 'good' . . . which is totally dumb because then I do the same as you, think the scale is remaining the same or that I'm not doing any damage.

I started a week ago and the damn scale is up 2 lbs today (even though yesterday it still read 161, my start weight). Blarg!!! I need to tighten up my cal intake cause I don't know what else it could be. I averaged 1600-1700 cals/day last week and that's too many. I'm looking to average 1400-1500.

I ignored the scale for the past year and ended up gaining 10-12 of the 22 lbs. I had lost so . . . avoiding the scale doesn't do much good. Of course when the jeans that had been lose enough to require a belt started leaving marks around my waist . . . I didn't need no stinkin' scale to tell me I'd gained weight! lol
Anne Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #26  

Was feeling upset. Thought Id go on a nature/history hike. I went to the Erie Canal historic trails and went for a wonderful hike. They are doing some construction on one end and the canal is dry :-((. was going to go to my favorite place and pray and meditate. It wasn't there any more. I walked to the other side and walked he path that follows the canal and Wabash River. It was awesome!!!! I walked to Sun Set Point then down OBear trail. I hiked for 110 minutes. I have my trail picked out for tomorrow. I always loved to hike and nature walk. But couldnt cuz of health issues. I still have a few issues but I can take my Aussie with me for protection and safty in case I should fall or encounter a wild animal. Its good to be out doors again!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone I hope everyone has been doing well! I'm finally getting a break. I'm out of school for spring break this week Once school goes back after this week, I only have 2 weeks and 2 days left of school I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

On the other hand, yesterday I went to my mom and dad's house with my hubby and my daughter to visit. We were all sitting in the front yard playing and enjoying the nice weather.....we were taking pictures, and I ended up in a few of them. I felt physically sick when I saw these pictures. It seemed like there was just as much fat on my back as there was on the front.....I looked huge, awkward, and uncomfortable. I am so ashamed that I have gotten like this. Even worse...I'm ashamed that I KNOW I have a problem, and I continue to do nothing about it.

So.....anyways...thats whats up with me Hope you are all doing well.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #28  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

So I just kind of fell off last week. Sorry about that I had a very busy week getting everything together because I had an unplanned trip back to TN for an interview. It was yesterday and it went super well! Hopefully I'll hear something in the next couple weeks. We've also had someone come to look at the house. I think April is going to be a good month for me. I'm back on plan this week, and last week's damage was a lb gain. (Hopefully all salt from eating takeout- I didn't overeat, just didn't cook).
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #29  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi All. Wow it has been a busy week. But I just have to mention, I blew my doctor's socks off with the weight loss. She was all: "What are you doing?" And I was all "exercising more, eating less."

She wants me to raise my goal weight to 130 pounds though, and I probably will. For the second year in a row her tech has measured me as 5'7.5" tall. You will notice from my profile I am usually not that tall. If I have actually grown 2 inches since college, then I will have to change my goal weight. And I suppose after two measurings, I may have to accept that I have either grown or I slouched a lot before.

Anyway, weight is losing, moving is going and I have almost recovered from the weekend of camping with no sleep. I hope everyone is doing well.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #30  
I have another theory . .

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Hey everyone I hope everyone has been doing well! I'm finally getting a break. I'm out of school for spring break this week Once school goes back after this week, I only have 2 weeks and 2 days left of school I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

On the other hand, yesterday I went to my mom and dad's house with my hubby and my daughter to visit. We were all sitting in the front yard playing and enjoying the nice weather.....we were taking pictures, and I ended up in a few of them. I felt physically sick when I saw these pictures. It seemed like there was just as much fat on my back as there was on the front.....I looked huge, awkward, and uncomfortable. I am so ashamed that I have gotten like this. Even worse...I'm ashamed that I KNOW I have a problem, and I continue to do nothing about it.

So.....anyways...thats whats up with me Hope you are all doing well.
You're not doing nothing about it if you're here posting. Take it one day at a time and don't look at the big picture (ok, pun not intended). I feel the exact same way you do and think "well, I can just give up and resign myself that I'm going to be fat and look fat and feel fat and keep doing what I'm doing and keep getting fatter" or . . . I can not do that. I choose not. You can too.
Anne Elk is offline   Reply With Quote