Old 05-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Dixiemae-Sorry to hear about your sister getting sick. I hope she is doing better today.

Today I rode my bike to the Y for a step class. I love riding my bike. I wish I could spend all day outdoors!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #92  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am joining a gym! Yeah I know, I have a gym already at my condo complex and I have lost 40 pounds so far with exercise DVDs at home, but I am joining a gym, and getting a personal trainer. I am kinda excited about it. I hope it will help kick start me again after injury after injury.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #93  

knobhdy-Congrats on joining a gym. Having a personal trainer will be really cool. That is so exciting. I belong to the Y and spend anywhere from one to two hours a day there now that I am out of work. I find exercising to be very rewarding.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #94  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Dixie-is your sister all healed up? Sounds like your Dr visit went pretty well though. Congrats on being soooooo close to your goal weight.

Knohbody-Woot on the gym and trainer! Maybe the trainer can help you strengthen the weak spots where you've been getting injured. My new job (that i start in a week and a half) has a gym in the building. I am so excited about it. Currently I've been running and using a stationary bike, and some free weights but a real gym would be super.

I've stopped weighing. I'm scared what it will show once I weigh in again. I'm trying to do damage control, but having all sorts of things stressing me out is not really working in my favor...
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #95  

Hey sprklemajik-Hang in there girl. Moving and starting a new job is exciting but definitely high on the stress-o-meter. And stress really takes it's toll. Good news is that all that exercise is good for both handling evil stress and keeping weight gain in check. It won't be long now and you can start settling into a new routine.

Speaking of stress. I got the surprise of my life on the treadmill the other day. Now granted I have seriously upped the ante with my exercise since losing my job but I was amazed what a difference a few weeks makes. I had the best heart rate and best recovery rate at the end of 30 minutes that I have seen in years. I am guessing it is due to getting out from under a very sad and stressful workplace. I am hoping to take this interim time between jobs to get in better shape and be better prepared to handle what life throws my way.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #96  

So - there's one more week to this challenge. I weighed in this morning - uugh. 223 At least I'm facing the facts. Up 4 lbs in 2 months. I had wings and alcohol this weekend (going away party) so maybe (blind hope) that some of this weight will come back off before next week's WI.

I've got this week's challenge:
Near Mid Year Summary Next challenge will take us to the middle of the year, so we've only got a month to make these first 6 months count.
2) Something you've excelled at
3) Something you've failed at
4) How you'll correct for your struggle

Next week we'll start the new thread.

Fighting for the Right to be Who I Am 6/1-7/4

Last edited by sprklemajik; 05-24-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #97  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well just stopping in to give an upsate. As of 1:34 this afternoon I am officialy down 8lbs 4oz. Virginia Robin was born today.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #98  

What exciting news! I am so happy for you.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #99  

1) Your loss so far-I have lost 5 pounds.

2) Something you've excelled at-I excel at getting myself to the gym to exercise. This is usually not a problem for me when I am on a schedule. I am a creature of habit. Plus, I like exercising.

3) Something you've failed at-I have a lot of trouble with stress eating. My drug of choice is white wine! I also love everything that is fattening. Sometimes I get in grooves where I am able to ignore the bad stuff for a period of time but I have never sustained it. Right now I am in the groove, so I guess I will see where it takes me. I have not been below 160 for four years now although I have been close multiple times.

4) How you'll correct for your struggle. I don't really know. Right now I am just ignoring all the bad stuff but I don't see that a long term solution. Plus I am exercising for nearly two hours a day which I know I will not be able to continue when I find a job. Right now I am just taking things one day at a time.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #100  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to you MrsAugie!!!! Great birth weight for her. Seems like Mommy and Baby are doing fine! That's awesome.

Ladies, I've been a lurker lately. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have been eating and eating and eating. I'm gaining weight and I was doing so good. I think the stress of my dad being so sick has really affected me more than I was originally willing to admit. That's the only thing I can think of. I mean seriously...I had 5 cornbread muffins with dinner tonight. I don't even like cornbread. UGH!!! I won't weigh myself and I just keep eating. I will weigh tomorrow morning though, and I guess own up to what I've been doing to myself lately. And I've contacted a personal trainer and I start that on Tuesday, so that's good I guess.

I don't know if I'm just in an awful funk or what. I need to loop, swoop, and pull it all together.

<sigh>
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #101  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

OMG 212.6 this morning. I'VE GAINED 11 POUNDS. I am so upset with myself. I ordered the Mayo Clinic Diet and Journal last night, and I heard it was a great book about changing your complete food lifestyle so hopefully if I follow the plan it'll work. I have to do something.
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #102  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

My loss for the year has been about 23 pounds.
Until the last two weeks I have been excelling at journaling my food. I fell of that bandwagon two weeks ago when I just could not stop eating, then this week, it has been all I can do to get myself above 1000 calories each day, cause food is the last thing I want. I hate when my body does this... But I have been hanging in there, changing my patterns, and now, I have started making sure I have as much fruit around as I can, and eating as much as I want, just to make sure I am eating something marginally healthy.
Exercise has been my struggle. It always is, but with my injuries this month, it has been just one long frustration. I have joined a gym and I will be getting a personal trainer, which I think will help with getting over the injuries and back on the wagon.
I am just keeping on keeping on, as they say. One day at a time. I am not going to let myself be derailed by false success (That is, being lulled into complacency by losing weight when I know I am not eating or exercising correctly) and I will do this slowly but surely.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #103  

4th of July Challenge: Fighting for the Right to be the Way I am

Last edited by sprklemajik; 06-01-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #104  

Hang in there girls. Hold on to that desire to lose weight and just do the best you can. I understand how stressful events can make taking off extra weight very difficult.