January Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 16
Go to
  • I'm in for sure. NO EXCUSES....I have a membership to Curves, a membership to the local gym,and not to mention there is always just walking outside on days that are not too cold....I'm also gonna get a pregnancy yoga DVD! I hear yoga helps with a worry free labor and delivery.

My goal is 600 minutes.....starting out slow, but I want a realistic number! That is 45 minutes 3 times a week for 4 weeks!

Good Luck all....and Happy New Year!
  • Alright Tummy put me down for 1000 minute goal for this month. Getting back on the wagon never felt so good.
  • January Exercise Challenge

Taurie - 1200 minutes
    Laurie78 - Cardio 5 days a week for a min. of 45 mins; weight train 2 days a week
    TummyGirl - Cardio 4 days a week; strength training w/abs 2 days a week
    MsP - Walk/run 4 x a week; strength training 2 x a week
    JazzyPeggy - 20 WATP miles; 60 minutes toning/strength training
    MelO - Be on week 3 or 4 of the c25k; be able to do 20 guy-style push ups
    DixieMae - exercise 6 times a week, 3 cardio and 3 yoga or strength training
    PrairieChick - Walk (on hilly dirt roads) 3 times/week; steep'r (indoors) on alternate days - 4 times/week; warm ups on balance ball;"Kitchen Yoga" daily
    Tigga - 800 minutes
    Karrebeaar - Exercise 4 times a week: gym for 3 of the 4, power yoga for the 4th
    Jldsgirl - 900 minutes
    Busymovinmama - Walk a minimum of 4x a week, starting with 2 mi. briskly and adding a mile a week; lift weights/tone at least 2x a week; stretch really well every day I exercise
    McKenziesmomma - 600 minutes, 45 minutes, 3 times a week
    Delphi - 1000 minutes

Please let me know of any errors or omissions.
  • I'm leaving tonight for a week and I'll be back on January 8th. Please feel free to sign up and I'll make sure the list is taken care of when I get back. And I will be working out while on vacation to keep up with all of you lovely ladies, just a little less than normal

Taurie - I count all my food with Sparkpeople and started with maybe 1800 or 2000 calories when I was at my heaviest, then as my weight went down I lowered my calories about 100 or so to see if that kept the loses coming and it always did. I occassionally went to 1200 a day here and there but I found my loses were better in the 1400-1500 range considering my activity level. From the beginning, I have eaten little to no processed food and read labels like a crazy person. If I can't pronounce it I won't eat it, period. And last but not least, about 30lbs ago I became a vegetarian, near vegan and have never felt better in my entire life. Now I eat around 1800-2200 calories a day and am losing weight through exercise calorie deficit alone. Hope that is helpful and let me know if you need anything else
  • jan. exercise goal is to hit the gym three times a week consisting of treadmill, elliptical, and weight machines.. tues did legs and today did arms .and then going back on saturday. for day three
  • Goals: 3 cardio workouts + 3 yoga or strength training +425 minutes per week

Jan 1~30minutes 100 pin bowling
    Jan 2~12 cardio + 40 min 100 pin bowling
    Jan 3
    Jan 4
    Jan 5
    Jan 6
    Jan 7

Goal

Jan 8
    Jan 9
    Jan 10
    Jan 11
    Jan 12
    Jan 14

Goals
  • Quote: Taurie - I count all my food with Sparkpeople and started with maybe 1800 or 2000 calories when I was at my heaviest, then as my weight went down I lowered my calories about 100 or so to see if that kept the loses coming and it always did. I occassionally went to 1200 a day here and there but I found my loses were better in the 1400-1500 range considering my activity level. From the beginning, I have eaten little to no processed food and read labels like a crazy person. If I can't pronounce it I won't eat it, period. And last but not least, about 30lbs ago I became a vegetarian, near vegan and have never felt better in my entire life. Now I eat around 1800-2200 calories a day and am losing weight through exercise calorie deficit alone. Hope that is helpful and let me know if you need anything else
    Thanks for that. I signed up with Sparkpeople. It looks like a great tool to track calories in/calories out. I'm a big believer in whole foods as well. Don't think I can go vegan again, but I would definitely like to limit my flesh food intake to a couple times a week instead of having some every night for dinner.

Thanks for the help. It's motivating to see you doing so well. I'm confident I'll find the right balance calories vs exercise to start losing again.

Have a great holiday!
  • Yay, a new month and a new year! Thanks to the challenge last month, I think I did way more than I would have otherwise. You guys are so motivating here.

So - my goals:
    [Actually, I have set a year-long goal of 365 hours for the year. It includes running 30' 3x/week, strength-training/yoga 4x/week and trying to walk/hike more... ]

But it's a *goal* and I'm sticking with it (for now, haha) :
    31 hours, or 1860 minutes, for the month.
  • I'm gonna hop on this challenge with you all. I'm just starting out, so I am going to keep it low key so I don't want to quit. I am going with 30 minutes a day 4 times a week to start. Hopefully, I can stick with that. That will be doing the elliptical and excercise dvd's. My 11 yr old likes to do hip hop ab's, so hopefully he'll keep me moving
  • I'm trying to get back to what I did in August. . . 1500 minutes.

The toddler is all better now, so more running/jumping/climbing and less snuggling. I'm less depressed since I started getting my heart rate up again. It feels good.
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Put me down for 30 mins of exercise a day, which is 930 mins for the entire month. I've always found exercise to be my biggest downfall and the thing most likely for me to give up on and feel discouraged by, therefore I am setting myself a relatively easy goal for January.

I'm going to be taking my first walk of the year in a few hours after I've sorted a few things out this morning.
  • I'd love to join you healthy people! Sign me up for walking/jogging 5-6 days x week; strength train 3 x week. I'm also training for a 1/2 marathon in April.
  • to all the new faces, it's good to have you all aboard.

January 1 ~ 60 min Cardio w/MFC
  • 1400 mins again!! Go chickies!
  • 30/60 today
    30/1500 this month