Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

My computer is up and running again, yey! I missed all of you, including the new ones that have joined us for our challenge. It's hard to believe that we're already more than a week into October. Only 3 weeks to go 'til the Halloween Challenge is revealed. I agree with Cheerio's about only weighing once during the challenge if you're afraid of what the results will be on the scale. I ended up weighing myself more than once in a weeks time. I got on the scale again after my 8# loss and noticed that I was down 10#! I then got on this morning and was disappointed that I gained a few pounds back. I know this could be water weight that I'm playing with, so I won't let it bother me too bad. I'm definitely happy with an 8# loss! I will try and stay off the scale 'til our challenge date weigh-in, set for Halloween on October 31st. Well, I'm gonna fly off of here right now. I will catch you all later, okay?
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Hey Freckles! Kudos for you computer running back up again =) lol I guess I did the same thing as you I weighed in last week and I lost like 8# same as you hehehe and I weighed again like couple days later and it was still the same so I want to see some big changes SO......I am putting away the scale then hopping back on it on Halloween so I can share with all of you if I gained or lost HOPEFULLY I only lose and not gain weight =O Eek I can't wait till weigh in day I must work harder I been slacking a bit lately and eating kind of unhealthy so got to smack my self and get back on track and do my best before weigh in day =) Have fun and good luck everyone!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #63  

Just sending some extra will power dust to everyone, just in case you need some! Have a great day everyone and stay on plan! Hey want some more incentive? Did you hear that Mandisa Hundley from Season 6 American Idol just recently lost 80 pounds? If you go to msn.com you can read her story. It's rather inspirational!

Last edited by Freckles; 10-08-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #64  

Hey everyone! I just came back from Vegas it was super fun and I got side tracked from plan and just ate fast food like everyone else did =( But I had fun though so that's all that matters and now I just have to get back on track! Hmm 3 days of eating junk food in Vegas can I come back to a plan? Lol...of course I can. Good luck every one and I hope you all are doing well!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #65  

CHEERIOS: Get back on the Wagon and reach for the stars! You can do it, so go girl! We still have a little over two weeks 'til our first challenge comes. Just move a little bit more, cut back on junk and just eat healthy and you will get there! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! Glad you had fun in Vegas. Did you come back a winner? Did you take in any shows? Even if you ate all that junk food, I'm sure you walked the strip a lot and that burned some of the calories up for you. Don't be too hard on yourself, okay? Drop me a PM if you'd like. Take Care!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 191/183/165

Height: 5'10

Hi There, is it too late to start this challenge? I would love the support and Halloween is a great point for me to reach anything close to a small goal.
I think you all are so wonderful in your support, I am not sure where to start. Participation is my best friend right now!
lessthanzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #67  

LESSTHANZERO: No, by all means, it's not too late to join us! Some of us have fell off the wagon anyways along this first Journey. I lost 10# in less than 3 weeks, but unfortunately...I've been playing with 3 of the 10# in the last week. All I can say to that is: "Keep Myself Accountable". I ate some food with MSG in it, so I'm sure a lot of this could be water weight. If this is the case, the 3# should come off in a few days. Now, getting back to you: I'm glad that you are joining us for our first challenge. Now that in most parts of our Country, it's getting pretty cold outside, the prize scarf is looking even better! If you scroll to the first page of these posts, you will find out a little bit more about a few of us here on this thread.
As you said, you don't know where to start? Coming here is definitely a good choice. I've been a 3FC's member since 1999 and there is always a group that is here to support us! Back eight years ago, 3FC's helped me to lose over 60#.
Unfortunately, I gained it all back and then some. The reason behind this weight gain? I didn't keep myself accountable! I am going to be faithful this time around. If I don't,I hope that someone sends me a PM, so that it can flag my email account and get me back here again. So...If I disappear for awhile, PM me, okay?

I think I will sprinkle some more Willpower Dust here at the thread-I think we all could use some right now. There, did that help any? Have a Great Day and Stay On Plan!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 191/183/165

Height: 5'10

Freckles,
Wow you are a real trouper to keep on "keepin on" you are an inspiration!
I hope this helps me - I am working and blogging at the same time today so I can get off to s running start, I guess its like "Where to start.....AGAIN!"

I really want to try to exercise more. If i didn't have to teach today I'd jump on the treadmill - while I am feeling motivated!....
but I gotta work in about an hour. But alas. there is later!

Its getting chilly here too, so I opted to start the week by making a good soup! ( cabagge, veggies..etc)

Lets hope this week is a good JUMP START to a good season!

Thank you for the warm welcome!
lessthanzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #69  

Welcome to the challenge Lessthanzero! I am glad you are joining cause it's never too late to lose a little weight =) btw are you a school teacher? cause i want to go into teaching maybe you can tell me how the process goes with becoming a teacher and how long did it take you to get your teaching degree

And wow Freckles when you said we have a little over 2 weeks before the weigh in it hit me hard it is coming up so fast! gosh gotta put my best in these last two weeks we have and thanks for the will power dust now it is time to use it to hit the gym hehe =)

Hope you all are doing well and giving it your best cause BOO! halloween is near

Last edited by cheerios; 10-12-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #70  

I'm not sure if you all heard about Valerie Bertinelli's new book that's out, it's called "Finding It". It's about the struggles in her life and weight loss issues. She was on Good Morning America talking about it. You can watch this interview by going under google search-Just put in: Good Morning America October 14, 2009 Valerie Bertinelli and it should come up. I'm really going through some weight loss struggles this week, so I'm going to look for a copy of this book and read it. Valerie also talks about making a "negative" into a "positive", so I will keep my head held high and reach for the stars! It's going to be hard, but I'm going to make a positive out of this weight loss journey!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Freckles thanks so much for the info.I'm always looking for something new to read and reading about the struggles of weighloss would be great right about now.
So how has everyone been doing?Ready for our weigh in?Only 16 days left.I thought I was doing well and in control up until last night.I did some mindless eating in the middle of the night.I hadn't done that in awhile but my DH was at work kids asleep and the cheesecake was calling my name.One difference was that instead of eating the whole cake I ate 2 forkfulls,so I feel good that I knew to stop.I'm trying not to weigh myself until the 31st.Hopefully by then I should see a good number.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and getting ready to win a beautiful scarf.I know with the weather turning cold so fast we could use it.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #72  

luvmy3: Good for you that you only had a few fork fulls of that cheesecake!
If the cheesecake was at my house right now, it would definitely be a challenge for me. My Son turned 21 the other day and the Birthday Cake sitting on our snack bar was driving me nuts. I was so happy that my daughter ate the last piece last night. I thanked her for eating it! As for our weigh in, I'm not sure if I will be ready. But, if I think positive about this challenge, I may be happy with the outcome. I will check back with you all later, okay?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #73  

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing with the challenge. No one has posted here in five days, so I thought I better keep this thread current! Miss you all!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #74  

hey everyone! we are down to the wire now and got a week left and a couple of days before weigh in day =) I have not been doing quite so well but I am getting on track hoping to at least lose a bit more hope you all are doing well
Old 10-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #75  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Hi Ladies sorry I haven't been checking in... lost track!

I'm down about 7lbs since we started. Slower then I was hoping for, but hey I'll take it. Hoping to get another 2-3 before the end of the month.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote