Old 09-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Hey ECmom2, Kristin, helpmelose, and luvmy3! Thanks for all joining =) And I'm glad you guys have accepted the challenge and are ready to lose some weight before Halloween rolls around and then we can treat ourselves to some candy =) My favorite candy of all time is tootsie rolls!! yummm...What are your guys favorite candy?

Last edited by cheerios; 09-28-2009 at 07:46 PM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #32  
former blabber mouth

Guess my favorite is those stupid Nestle's $100,000 bars......I did just buy candy today, but I bought Baby Ruths- which I can't stand! (did that so the gang can eat theirs and I am not tempted).
So far I am having a good day - got 4 points left, but my "witching" hours are coming up- when I am tired and the will power is weak.
Gotta go finish loading the dishes. Have a great nite all!
ECmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Wow which candy bar is my favorite?That's a hard one.I'd have to go with Almond Joys or frozen Snickers.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #34  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

I'm in! More motivation for me! This is just what I need. My and my mom used to haveset dates and who ever lost more weight, won a prize! Its 7pm so I will weigh myself in the morning and post my weight! Hoping to loose 10-12lbs by halloween!

About me:
I am a 20 year old stay at home mom with my 4 year old son. Also a nanny! I was chunky all of my life until I got into middle school and was tired of being overweight I wanted to be like the "skinny girls" So my mom and I had a challenge, who ever lost 20lbs first won $20. I won! I kept it off until high school when I slowly started gaining back. Then I got pregnant at 16, and used pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever i wanted, whenever I wanted. Thinking I would loose it after giving birth. WRONG!! I gained 70lbs while being pregnant. (My mom also gained 60-70 while being pregnant with all 7 of us kids, BUT lost all of it after giving birth!) But mine stayed with me. After I had my son I stayed at 197 for a year, than I went up to 220. I would try, lose weight, than give up. I've done it several times but never stuck with it! And I'm teling myself NOW is the time. Time is going by, I'm getting older...I want to go to the get togethers or the friends wedding etc wearing that cute dress or outfit like everyone else Ive been stuck in mens T-shirts and cotton pants for 4 years and I want to dress like a GIRL!
I want to lose weight for my health, appearance, and other reasons.

So I will join this challenge and thank you!!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

OMG I can't choose just one favorite candy bar for me it really depends on my mood. I love M & Ms though! My downfall is baked stuff like cookies, cakes, donuts!! YUMMMMMMEEEEE
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:55 AM   #36  

YUmmm all your guys favorite candy sound so good to me!!! luvmy3 favorite is frozen snickers and right now that sounds really good to me! Do you just buy the snickers and place them in the freezer or are you talking about frozen snickers ice-cream? Cause I know I have placed kit-kat candy bars in the freezer and took them out to eat they were so good when they were ice cold, but I never placed snickers in the freezer =) Helpmelose my downfall are doughnuts too! The other day my sister brought some home and I managed to avoid them maybe because they had blueberries in them lol anyways I would like to welcome Mateosmama2005 to our challenge!!! I'm also glad that you have accepted my challenge and are ready to make a change! Change doesn't always come easy, but with the help of others it makes it just a little bit easier because we have support and encouragement from one another =) So everyone let's get off our butts tomorrow and try to get at least 30 minutes of exercising in whether it's walking your dog, going to the gym, cleaning the house, gardening or anything at all as long as your moving! Let's try to do our best before Halloween rolls around! When you have gotten your exercise in come back and tell us what you did Have fun guys and good luck and most importantly Don't Give Up! If you mess up one day just start again the next day as if it's a brand new day
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

I'm in! I was aiming for 9 -10 lbs by halloween, but I think I'm just going to go for it.
This will be perfect for me, as I am going to Australia in Feb (hottest time of the year! ) for my sister's wedding, and I really need another kickstart, I've been stalling for months. Hopefully I'll be on the beach not worrying about looking like a beached whale.

ALSO, I'll be attending my first ever halloween party and it will be fun to dress up and look good.

exciting!

Oh and my starting weight is 178.3

Last edited by merose; 09-29-2009 at 05:01 AM.
merose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Cheerios,just put the Snickers in the freezer.They are sooooo good.The ice cream is okay but I prefer the candy bar frozen.Just don't leave it in too long or you'll break a tooth!!!

Hopefully today I can get moving some.I've had a cold and it makes breathing hard.My little ones sick to so he wants to be held constantly.But any exercise I can get will be good.I'm trying to count calories.I'm sick of trying every diet out there only to fail.I just need to figure what is the right amount of calories for me.Good luck to everyone today!!
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Oh my! So many posts since I was here last! (That's a good thing! ECMom2: Glad you found the right thread. It's nice being a "loser" with you, once again! The last few days have been irritable for me, TOM, blah! I'm so tempted to give in to those darn temptations. Cheerio's My favorite candy bars are Almond Joy & Caramello. I'm glad I don't have any in the house, or they would be gone in no time at all!Welcome, to all the newbies here! Glad you all could join us! Well, I've gotta scoot right now. Hopefully I will have more time to post later. Let's try to keep one another on track, okay?
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #40  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

I'm back!! I weighed myself this morning, I lost 2lbs snce the 22nd, so I now weigh 211! Looking forward to the weigh in!!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #41  
former blabber mouth

I blew it last night! Atilla the hun came home instead of my husband, and the stress monster got me big time. WHy do I do this to myself? Anyway, got my workout in already, the diet jello is chilling in the fridge (my anti stress food for later) and today I will win this battle! Hope everyone has a great day. (glad I found you, Freckles.......)
Old 09-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #42  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like fun! I'm in! Starting weight:280
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:28 AM   #43  

Welcome to the challenge Merose and Kiml1214!!! Merose I know you will be going to your first Halloween party so I want to know what everyone will be dressing up as on Halloween. I think I will wear my maid outfit and throw some blood on me to look like a "killer maid" like I did last year or if not I'll just throw on a cape and some fangs and be a vampire =) Luvmy3 I hope you feel better soon and I will make sure I don't break a tooth when I eat the frozen snicker =) and congrats to Mateosmama2005 for dropping 2 pounds since the 22nd!!! I hope everyone is doing well
Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

I know that I am a little late to the party, but can I join?

I am 225 pounds now.

About me...

Lets see, I am a sahm to 6 great children. They are 7, 5, 4, 4, 2, and 7 months. I am still nursing, so I struggle with the desire to quickly lose the weight (not good, I know), and keep my baby healthy. Luckily keeping E healthy wins, but I am ready to make some changes.

I was not always heavy, in fact in my early 20's I suffered from anorexia. I was down to 98 pounds (and still sure I was fat), before getting that under control. I started putting on weight as a side effect of some medication a few years later, and then added tons more during pregnancy. I really want to lose healthy, but not be consumed by the scale, kwim? This is the first time I have owned a scale in 10 years (getting rid of it was part of the treatment for my anorexia).

Gosh, this was a little more in depth than I am sure you were looking for.
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #45  
former blabber mouth

Crazy mom, not at all!!!! I just have not gotten around to posting any details on me yet! I am too embarrassed to post my weight for now. Sorry.

Made it thru last night, for the most part, ok. THe diet jello helped a lot,
Be back later. Have a great day!