Weight Loss Buddies III

You're on Page 3 of 36
Go to
  • Hi Ladies,

I am delayed coming on here, due to stress, stress and stress. I will work through it, but it has been tough for many, many months........no make that a year and a half.......no make that 8 years, because we financially supported his father and all his debts. Its been tough for a lonnngg time, but not this bad. In 2008 we lost everything, including my father-in-law, 2 businesses, a house (father-in-laws), and more. It just really sucked. We did rebound slightly in the beginning of this year, and have been blessed with our home business, as it does help, but it doesn't pay all our bills, or replace our losses the last year and half. My husband has been looking for work for 4 months, with nothing to show for it. It is hard to compete in a bad economy, where even in our small town of Deland one little business gets 600 applications!!!! Plus he is over qualified for almost everything. He was a Navy Seal, then Business Owner for 20 years.......so it is slim pickens. I have looked too, however in Deland they aren't many offices, and the few hiring are for Medical Degree positions. I worked mostly in law and insurance for years. Anyway, at my age I am not 'thrilled' at the idea of office work - kindof burned out on it. I really would love to work in something more creative, but there's none of that either. Anyway financial stress has been smothering us for many months, but it really is at a critical stage now and to boot...............

my daughter let us know she is getting married 9/7/09 - yes in a few weeks. It isn't a total shock, but is. I know, doesn't make sense....lol. They have dated for almost 2 years, but broke up a few times during that......as early as a couple of months back. They do well together, but then don't. Anyway, this is what she wants to do, so I will support her. She is such an awesome gal and knows the financial stress we have been under, and said she is doing something simple and they will pay for it. This is so wonderful of her, but really makes me feel bad, because I want to give her a beautiful wedding, like we did her brother. She said in a year we can do another wedding, but it won't be the same. It just all sucks...

I have rambled enough......sorry. I should have spilled, but I think I have held it in for so long, I just needed to vent again. Lucky you's! Needless to say I didn't work out, but I haven't pigged out either, as my stomach has been upset all day........go figure. I am proud of all of you though - and Lindy, you are really focused! You can have those Cheetos now! LOL....
  • I just uploaded pictures to my computer from our various memory cards and I have a picture for you girls in my wedding dress...ready? Here it iiiiiis!

• Sandy: So sorry for the trouble you are going through. I know that my mom has been out of work for quite a long time, hit bankruptcy, lost a car to repo, etc. etc. Then I was laid off, and in the same week I got a job, my husband was laid off. He hasn't found a job yet either, the severence has run out, and I'm nervous about our savings. We have some, but I don't want to use it. Just know that things will get better...keep looking. I know the office may not be ideal (I'm not a fan either) but maybe until the economy gets better you can find something you can tolerate. Just know, I'm there with you and don't feel bad about venting, that's what we're here for! Good luck to your daughter that's getting married (is this the one that's in the military?)

Tiff: BEAUTIFUL! Love the dress. Can't wait to see more pics!

Lindy: How did you do with your cravings?

As for me, went to WW today and was amazed that they said I was down 2 pounds considering I havne't worked out in almost a week and I feel like fat 'ol Bessie from eating so much over the past week. Guess it did jump start the metabolism after all.

Thank you for the workout concern. I am not working out with my trainer until 8/24, but thought I would try the gym on Saturday as far as working out my arms, etc. Don't want to move too fast. Lindy, no water aerobics are offered at the gym...the pool at my gym looks more like the grotto from the Playboy mansion (literally).

Have a great night!
  • Sandy, I am sooooo sorry for your financial stress you are going through. I am actually at the first time in my life where I am actually financially comfortable. From the time I was 18 til very recently, I was flat broke, living off credit cards, working very part time because I had to go to school. My parents expected me to go and get a degree but couldn't help. Money was a constant source of stress, ESPECIALLY around the time when each semester's tuition was due. I know that 5 years of being a poor college student doesn't really compare to all that you have lost and are currently up against, but I just wanted to let you know in some small way I can relate. I just really really really really hope and pray that things turn around for you. You seem like an amazing selfless person and it is time for good things to come back your direction.

Staccie...awesome job on making YOU time

Lindy...that salad sounded SOOOOOOO good. Now about your boneless skinless chicken....do you cook that yourself and if so, how? If not, what brand do you buy?

I did awesome again today on my diet plan, stayed under my calories, however I didn't make it to the gym because my Mom needed me to do work for her.

Also, one question for you guys. When I ran last night the first time on the treadmill, I got these HORRIBLE cramps in my calfs like right behind my knees and down the back of my calfs. I was able to bring the speed back down and walk them out, but now today it is REALLY sore in that area. I have just really been getting weird cramps in my legs and feet lately. I wonder what it is about. Anyone have an experience like this before?
  • Tiff - you look SOOO gorgeous in your dress! Love the hair, the sash, the flattering cut of the top, the great pickups in the skirt - the whole package! On the leg cramps, I've heard lack of potassium can cause cramping so maybe add a banana to your breakfast cereal to bring your potassium back up.

Maddiesmom - wooohoooo on the loss - good for you! That's super hard to do when you're mobility restricted. Can you start going on walks again or do they want you to wait?

mygrits - big giant hug! So sorry you're in such a tough spot and have been for so long. Stress is so draining - I don't think we even know yet the full extent of the effect of long term stress on our bodies and minds. Don't worry too much about the wedding stuff - when your ship comes in and everything's better, you can throw them a big party for their "x"th anniversary to make up for it if it makes you feel better. And the job stuff sounds tough - hope you can find something that works for you. Hang in there, sweetie! We're here for you so come vent anytime - I feel bad knowing you've been keeping all of that to yourself for so long when we're moaning and groaning about our little worries. It will get better and things will turn around, I promise. They always do!
  • Aj-didnt get all my housework done, went to the beach instead and ran and ran and ran with the dogs. A picture of the beautiful mountains would be nice, I am from Alabama, now living in Michigan and I miss the mountains.

Tiff-sounds like you are right back on track. Cant wait to see your pictures. Thanks for the encouraging words, thats what keeps me going with the 30ds. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL, your dress is amazing.

Staccie-definitely dont try to do too much, I know if I do, thats when I start to want to quit. Go at your own pace and build up from there.

Maddiesmom-If I didnt have my dvd, I dont think I would do much else. It keeps me on my toes. Hopefully you back feels better soon so you dont have to take the pills that make you dizzy much longer. Down 2 lbs, I need to do what you have done.

Basics-good job resisting the fast food. My husband wanted to eat out tonight but I had to say no.

Lindy-glad your lunch satisfied you yesterday and you didnt splurge. You drink so much water, I would have to live in the bathroom if I drank that much.

Neesy-woohoo on being focused!!!!

Mygrits-I think you found the origin of your headache, that is a lot to take in. Congrats to your daughter. Everything will fall into place. I had a small, intimate wedding in my moms front yard and wouldnt have had it any other way. Good luck job hunting. There is nothing here either, unless you want to work at Kmart and I did that for 5 years, not doing it again. Vent anytime, we are here for you

Today was a good day. Went to the beach again this morning. Swam for a while and had fun with my niece and nephews. Came home and just relaxed. Got my workout in tonight. I had tons of fresh veggies from the farmers market so I made stir fry tonight, it was yummy. It was cabbage(of course), onions, green bell and banana peppers, tomato, pineapple, chicken, zucchini, and lite soy sauce. Cooked in the wok about 15-20 minutes in a little water. Now I have plenty of leftover for lunch tomorrow. My trip is getting so close, I am so excited. Only a week now. Oh, I put on a dress this morning that used to lood awful on me and I was pleasantly surprised when it looked pretty good. Not yet where I want to be but getting there a little more everyday.

Goodnight ladies, have a happy Friday tomorrow.
  • Dance, Tiff, Maddie and Burgund - You all are the best, and Lindy, Neesy, AJ & Backtobasics too, because I know they would also have such supportive, kind words had they been logged in. I read your three posts and just started to cry. I guess it's a cry I needed, as we women try to keep things inside and be positive for the husband and kids. It was so heartwarming just to be able to read your words and know someone listened (even if written) and was supportive. It really sucks, I won't lie, but what can one do under these economic times? I remember prior to this, living in Orlando, and I had employers fighting over me to hire! Two law firms upping the salary to get me to accept their offer - gosh those were the days. Now we can't beg to get hired, but of course living in a small town doesn't help. Maddiesmom I would take an office job, just to get some money coming in, but Deland doesn't haven't alot of offices. Remember The Andy Griffith Show? Thats Deland. LOL......yes quaint, but not alot to offer. We do have neighboring towns, but then we have 20 to 30 minute drive and with one vehicle we are trying to stay close, so we can share commutes (and gas $). We had two vehicles and got rid of mine last year. I don't know, it will work out is all I keep telling myself. Maddiesmom, I understand the savings and not wanting to touch it. Ours is now gone and that is not a great place to be. Very scary to know there is no backup anymore. All of this is quite humbling, as I can remember as a single-mom living like this and it was normal.....lol. Then when Bubba and I married 6 years ago, money was not an issue, which was such a change. He did very well with his water business. Now look at us, and actually many of our friends who were very well off have lost everything. Anyway, enough of that. Thank you again for letting me let go. Hearing about Alina's plans to marry just put me over the edge with all of this, because I can't help the way a Mom always plans to with her daughters wedding. Oh, and yes, she is the one in the military.

Today I didn't work out, but am going to go out early in the morning and get it done! My food was good today, around 1300 - 1400 calories.

Thank you again - you all are just awesome.
  • Grits-I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. Money has always been a big stress factor for us. The main reason my husband joined the army was because he has been unemployed for several months, unable to find a job. It's crazy what you have to resort to nowadays to find steady employment. I really feel for you. I know how hard it is to live paycheck to paycheck and feel that burden constantly when you're doing all that you possibly can just to get by. Stay strong. We're here for you. Congratulations about your daughter getting married.

Boy, I feel down. I cannot sleep at all. It seems like everyday just gets worse and worse. I would work 10 jobs if I could have my husband here with me now. I keep trying to stay positive, but I am really losing a little bit of my sanity day by day. I didn't know I could cry so much. It's just hard. I have been with my husband every single day for the past 8 years. I just don't know what to do. It's only been a week and a half since he left and I have 9 more to go.. then I just get to see him for only 6 hours.. then another 4 months of waiting. then what happens if he gets deployed right after training. How am I ever going to deal. You guys really help get me through. Focusing on this diet and getting everything out on here really helps. Sometimes, I just have to get it off my chest.
  • MyGrits- Oh gosh, I’m so sorry to hear about the stress that you are going through! I am praying for you and your hubby that something great lands your way, that will allow you to use your talents and it’s not “just a job”. I recall from last spring how proud you are of your daughter, it sounds like she is a lot like you- by being mindful and aware of the situation of those around you. Congrats on having a wonderful daughter and soon to be gaining a son-in-law.

Lindy- You’re doing so awesome on watching your calories and doing your research on the amount of calories you need to balance out with the mad-exercise you’ve been putting in! There’s a lady I work with that is in the same boat, she’s been doing the P90x for 4 weeks and she’s GAINED 3 pounds… and she figured out as well that she was taking in enough calories… hopefully it will work for her as well.

Tiff- What a beautiful bride…I love the splash of color, so sassy!!

Neesy- I’m sorry that you’re hurting so much and missing your man. I bet that it is really consuming when everything reminds you of him… I’ve never been through a situation exactly like that, but when I have been in situations where I’m counting down time and feel like I’m falling into a depression, I find that if I can set some kind of a mini-goal outside of the major event I’m waiting for, it helps to redirect my thoughts.
    Anyway, I know nothing can substitute for him while he’s gone…just know we are here to read and help you through this… so, hugs from Minnesota to you and MyGrits

Okay, I need to head into work, hope all of you ladies have a wonderful day!
  • Ok...my focus today is on Mygrits...OMG....I cried, I balled my eyes out reading your post, I never knew I could feel so attached to a bunch of girls but as I saw Tiff go through her house sanfus and Neesy with her husband gone and now you, My grits - my heart just breaks. I am happy to hear your daughter is getting married, congratulations are in order, but I am so very sorry to hear about the financial situation. In time, things will work themselves out. Have you looked into all the "assistance" programs they have right now. Not welfare...but like, people are able to get their electric bills cut in half if no one is working in the house...just a thought?

Tiff - I LOVE YOUR DRESS!!! Absolutely gorgeous and you looked stunning it it. The splash of color was such a nice touch. I cant wait to see pics of you and Don (if he's ok with that). Oh, and as far as the running/walking issue. Yes...I have been walking and running since October of last year, more running now...and STILL have that problem. The trainer told me its because I am not stretching properly. You also HAVE TO wear good shoes to support your arches and such. Look on YouTube, I learned some great stretching techniques from there. Lastly, the chicken. Ya know what I do. I buy the rotisserie chicken from Publix and peel all the skin back and then break it into individual portions. One chicken lasts just me..about 5 meals, so I would say thats pretty good.

Maddiesmom- Playboy Mansion Grotto?! Lol...that was great. It was the pick me up I needed. Congrats on your 2 lb. weight loss, so happy for you.

Neesy - were here for you girl...vent away.

Back2Basics - thanks for the encouragement, this is where I let you all down...

Ok, got on the scale again today...where was it? BACK at 187! I cried, I sat on the edge of my bed and cried - A LOT. I know this is only weight loss, its not the end of the world and there are so many other people that have worst things to cry about but I am just beyond frustrated. Ok...maybe Ill take into mind that it could be water weight...BUT, even so, that would mean I have LOST anymore either. SO.....what did I do this morning? Well...I had physical this morning where I was required to fast for blood work, but as soon as that was done...I binged...boy did I binge. I had 1 mini chocolate donut, 2 hard boiled eggs with salt and pepper, 2 mini bagels with regular cream cheese (loaded I might add), 2 glasses of OJ and about 2-3 cups of dry raisin bran. UGH! I wish I could say I feel bad but I feel no worst than I did this morning, if that makes sense? Im not even going to evaluate my calories today. I have a AbsPlus class tonight that Im taking but the rest of the day I really dont even care. In fact, I planning what fast food restaurant I am going to plurge on today...I really just dont give a crap right now, Im am PO'd. So I sit here, typing, raisin bran crumbles stuck in my cleavage because I was such a ravage, I POURED the damn things in my mouth instead of using a spoon like any other human...and think - what now? What can I do now because I have tried so hard and have not seen any benefits. SOrry girls, this just isnt my week for sure.
  • Ok, Lindy - we're going to do an electronic intervention! First of all lots of hugs for your feeling so frustrated but bingeing is not the answer and I know you know that. Stop now, log everything you've eaten, give yourself enough calories to get through the day without being too hungry and GET BACK ON PLAN!

You know it's the right thing to do and you have the strength to do this. You have been exercising like crazy and eating super well AND WE KNOW YOU WILL SEE RESULTS, just maybe not right now when you want to see them, and for that I totally commiserate with you. I have no idea why the scale is not cooperating but we all know that we use the scale to measure weight loss because it's the most convenient tool we have, but it is certainly not good at just isolating fat loss. You are changing your body completely with this exercise routine so keep doing the right stuff and don't give up. The Lindy I know is no quitter. Seriously, are you going to let one of us win the challenge because you were mad at the scale and then punished yourself (note: the lack of logic here) for it's failings? Also, think about what you would say to one of us if we had the exact same situation. No way would you say 'Go ahead, keep on bingeing!'. Having a treat after fasting is one thing but it stops here! Don't make me get on a plane to come over and talk sense into you!!!!!
  • Girls, can you jump in with me on this intervention?!?
  • Lindy, what the **** are you doing? You KNOW the scale flunctuates and it isn't an 'accurate' calculation of fat loss. Get a grip already!!! You would be chewing me out if I had done that, and all your going to do is be pissed off tomorrow if you continue to eat your way through today. STOP IT! You even said it is probably water, and it probably is. Are you now going to blow it completely and make it into fat? Why? Think of all the sweat, stress and exercise you have done and you are shoving Raison Bran in your face! Come on, count out what you have eaten, slow down and plan out the rest of the day. I ask you if this was me, or better yet, your daughter as an adult, wouldn't you want her healthy and happy? What would you say to me or her right now if we were doing that?
  • Lindy Lindy Lindy- You're better than that girl! Although, the raisin bran crumbles cracked me up.. You can do this. The scale fluctuates. I'm sure you just hit a plateau. Thats what happened to me when I got down to 202 back in March. Then I gave up and gained a lot back. Don't let that happen to you. I know you won't. Just keep with it. It will come off eventually.

Tiff- I love the dress. Very pretty=) I love that color. I bet your wedding looked amazing

I'm feeling better today. It seems like it's the night that gets me. Anyway, I'm gonna go buy the Jillian 30DS dvd and try it out since you girls use it so much. I'll let you know how it goes
  • Lindy-we are not going to let you do this. NO FAST FOOD FOR LUNCH OR DINNER. See what you have already have and get back on plan the rest of the day. Who knows, by Sunday there might be a loss. Stop getting on the scale so much, remember when a lot of us were staying away from the scale for weeks at a time. Maybe the only day you should even look at the scale is Sunday. We are right here with you and have all been in your shoes. Dont sabotage yourself anymore!!! If you need to vent, then vent, but please dont fail at this(even if only for a day) We love you girl and want to see you succeed.