Last edited by Jo7475; 10-14-2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #47  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Hey everyone!!!

So i think I'm over being sick and all.....I was able to eat pretty well yesterday but my head was swimming all day long. I'm really beginning to think I'm diabetic! Which really scares me cause first of all I don't have health insurance so I can't consult a physical and get it confirmed and get advice....i just have to try to investigate how i should eat.....and it is going to be soooo hard cause I love carbs.....pasta pasta and more pasta......I can even eat it and watch my calories! I also love coke and sweet tea.....although I have tried to give them up for diet drinks....but they make my throat hurt and I'm afraid i'm gonna get cancer or something!

I'm going to try to start limiting red meat and cut it out all together if i can.....maybe a seldom steak here and there....I really don't think it will be too hard cause anything I eat with red meat I can pretty much substitute...lean turkey or chicken or soy or something.....

I just feel so tired and horrible all the time....I have to do something to get how bad I feel under control! I don't want to have to have my legs cut off someday cause i had diebetes and didn't control it or get rid of it! I'm getting to that age were I'm afraid if I don't get my health in check I'm gonna die soon! That is really scary!

If anyone has any tips please share!
What da
Everybody calm down
Melissa some of this your going through is called being a student as well as being a wife and lets not forget your a mommy as if that wasn't enough your a human being that just had a death in the family and had to be supportive to your mother which causes a loving mental drain on you. Do you think you could give yourself a break you are getting over a sickness, babe girl your not about to die. No one is going to chop your legs off. You have a chance to change your lifestyle and live a happy healthy life FOR THE REST of YOUR LIFE. Fear not----Melissa(said in my angelic voice) live.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #48  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Look I went back and read other post
Melissa for sure you should get checked out, esp if you have a family history and you were high in the morning prior to eating anything. I agree that you should look into your county health clinic you may be able to be seen for a reduced rate or even free. I wish you good health, sweetie take care of you.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #49  
Intuitive Eater

Hey gang!

This is a first for me: I spent 90 minutes on the treadmill watching The Biggest Loser tonight. Usually all I can manage is 30 minutes but something inside me said "just keep going" and so I did. (Was that you Babygal?) Wanted to walk the whole two hours but a blister starting on my foot and tired legs said "nope, not gonna happen." But I'm pretty excited about doing 90 minutes anyways. I really need to wear athletic shoes when I walk but it's just so convenient to slip into some crocs. Tho now that I have a blister I'll have to wear my walking shoes. (Duh, that's why I bought them.)

I'm going to work so hard to get the bloat back off. One of these days I'll figure out that if I don't put the bloat on I don't have to take it back off and can just keep whittling away at the fat. Silly me.

I'm thinking that I'll adjust my goals after I weigh in Friday. I've had a few setbacks along the way so I don't see me reaching my goals as soon as I had hoped to. Live and learn.

Heather, I like your long hair, very pretty. I'm in the process of growing mine out. I had it cut chin length for a while. It's about at my shoulders now.

Melissa, do take care of yourself.

Julie, congrats to you!

Eny, hoping you get the job you want!

Take care everyone!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Julie99s--congrats on your pregnancy! Yeah, talk to your doctor......

Melissa--whatever you do--definitely find out for sure and take proper meds. Diabetes is so destructive to your body--besides being dangerous. Get it under control.

Stephi--love those hair extensions--wish there was some salon here doing it for so little!

Blue--WTG! A great WO while watching TBL! As Jillian says--we don't even know what we can accomplish until we try!

Eny--you'll get there--everything you want will happen in it's own time.....

Just got home from work and bone tired. Will watch TBL later. No exercise for 2 days in a row--a first for me in about a month! And leaving to go to Chicago tomorrow for 6 days for a family visit and a wedding. Here's hoping I don't backslide too much!!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #51  
At it again

Quote:
My mom asked what I wanted for christmas. I told her a punching bag, I want one soooo bad, I bet I could take out some frustrations.
Heather, do you box now? It looks like such a great workout. I'm thinking of asking Santa for either a treadmill or an eliptical. I think I'd prefer the eliptical, but the treadmill would probably get more use in our house.

Melissa, sounds like you have a lot going on right now. No wonder you’re stressed! The Health Dept is a great idea; I hope it went well yesterday. I know sometimes we women often put everyone/everything else first, which is how a lot of us ended up here. But taking care of your health should be a priority – can’t take care of everyone else if you’re not well yourself! Be well!

The extensions look great, Stephi. Having fun & donating towards a good cause; can’t beat that!

Blue – Great job on your 90-minute workout! I am so impressed with your perseverance. One of the reasons that I like walking the most is because it’s not as easy to stop. (Once I’ve decided I’ve had enough, I still have to walk home from wherever I am!) And take care of your feet!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Blue- Thanks!

Rmc- Nope, I dont yet but I want to. I think it would be a good exercise and stress reliever. I have a treadmill but I just get so bored with it. A eliptical would be nice.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~I will catch up on the posts as soon as possible. I have a major headache, took some pain reliever. I had a blast last night. My Nephew came over we had a mini birthday party for him. The kids were so excited! We went down to the park and let them play for a while. I got in a 20 minute walk. we had a cinnamon cake (buns) with icing. It was great. I am excited I got in a walk. I had one small cinnamon bun. Eating yesterday was calorie wise way down. I bought a note book, I am going to start writing in it.

Eny~Do I get a sticker for my awful weigh in? I need a kick in the butt for reporting such a monsterous thing! Too much salt, not enough water or exercise!

Julie~ Congrats on the baby!!!!!!!!!

I will catch ya all later. I am waiting for the mail person, I am hoping and praying for some good news!! I need it badly. Pat
Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #54  
:)

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Serenity View Post
Cool pink Stephie. :
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Steph- I love the extensions. Its really cute.
Thank you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Serenity View Post
This is a first for me: I spent 90 minutes on the treadmill watching The Biggest Loser tonight. Usually all I can manage is 30 minutes but something inside me said "just keep going" and so I did. (Was that you Babygal?) Wanted to walk the whole two hours but a blister starting on my foot and tired legs said "nope, not gonna happen." But I'm pretty excited about doing 90 minutes anyways. I really need to wear athletic shoes when I walk but it's just so convenient to slip into some crocs. Tho now that I have a blister I'll have to wear my walking shoes. (Duh, that's why I bought them.)
I went to Disney World last year in flip flops. I was blinded by the pain! So they had Disney themed crocs and they are so freakin' comfortable! I consider mine to be walking shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modcat44 View Post
Stephi--love those hair extensions--wish there was some salon here doing it for so little!

Just got home from work and bone tired. Will watch TBL later.
Thanks, and I got two put in for $20. I watched TBL for the first time ever last night. I actually liked it! Now I'm gonna have to figure out where I can watch the past few episodes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc9142 View Post
The extensions look great, Stephi. Having fun & donating towards a good cause; can’t beat that!
I know! I also bought some "Save the Tata's" clothes. They're awesome.

I need to exercise some myself... I think it's been too long when you can't remember the last time you did it. Gotta get on the .

I'll check back later and let y'all know if I managed to myself in to exercising.

Have a good evening everyone!

Last edited by oneupsteph; 10-15-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! Hope all is going well with everybody!

Let's all kick it into high gear! We have a little over 2 weeks to finish this challenge off! Can you believe it is almost already over?????

WOW! This year will be over before you know it...

I'm still hoping to finish strong and end the month at 230...it isn't where I wanted to be...but it is still a 10 loss from the start of the challenge...so I will take it! I just have about 4 pounds to go!

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #56  

Blue, WTG on the 90 minutes treadmill, I think there is definitely something motivating about watching the biggest loser. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill too last night.

Modcat, your doing awsome, I'm sure you'll stay on track while on vacation. Have a great time in Chicago.

RMC, an eliptical is on my Christmas list as well. I've been talking about it for a while so hopefully I'll get it. I have a treadmill and really love it. Either one is great to use while watching TV.

Melissa, 4 lbs is doable, go for it. I also can not believe how fast this time has gone. Time to kick it in high gear!

Well I've had a couple of good days with exercise and staying OP so I'm hoping for a decent weigh in this week. I'll take anything. I'm also hoping for some nice weather this weekend because I would love to go for a long walk outside. My little boys daycare provider is also hosting a pumpkin carving party this Saturday so we will probably take him to that and get some seasonal pictures. What does everyone else have planned for the weekend?

Tori
Old 10-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hello girls - sorry I haven't been on in the last few days.. life has gotten in the way of my plans yet again. Things are a little weird at home. Hunter (DD) is freaking out about things and I'm not sure what's going on with that.

I tried talking to her this morning - and I think we may have gotten somewhere - but she's going through a lot in her little 6 year old world! Ugh.

With TOM's visit I'm trying to do good... but the cravings are unbearable this time around! usually I don't have that problem... *sigh*

Alright - i'll check in with all of you later!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #58  
At it again

Morning all! This has been a weird week. Even with the holiday, it's really dragged by. On the other hand, it's hard to believe that tomorrow is another weigh in day already! I'm hoping for a good one. I've been great about food and pretty good about exercise.

There are days when I know I don't push myself as hard as I should. I tell myself, "Well, "before" I wouldn't have gotten on the bike at all, so it's ok if I only do 3 miles instead of 5 now". But, that's just an excuse and I know it. My goal for this next week is to really challenge myself to go a little further, try a little harder. The only person I'm harming with my excuses is myself!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #59  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmil206 View Post
I think there is definitely something motivating about watching the biggest loser.
I agree. Last night I tried to relive Tuesday nite's 90 min on the treadmill but it just didn't happen. I was watching a Halloween movie on Cartoon Network and somehow it just wasn't as motivating as TBL! lol (I did manage 45 minutes tho.) Maybe I should find all the old TBLs and watch them while I work out! Hmmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Hunter (DD) is freaking out about things and I'm not sure what's going on with that. ... she's going through a lot in her little 6 year old world!
Awww. Give that baby lots and lots of hugs and lovin!' (Which I'm sure you already do.)
Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #60  
:)

Height: 5'7

I've been sick today, and I've eaten... well... not so well.

I hate allergy season.
Closed Thread