Old 07-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

I really love the 30 Day Shred.. It doesn't take so long to do, so I add some extra workout sometimes.. I started level 2 yesterday,, it's a killer..
Anyway, if someone is interested, I did a spreadsheet of our challenge..http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...vVrP1zS4eyJBNA I guess I'm a freak when it's about numbers .. Here you can see it.. (I apologize if there's something wrong..) I'll try to update it every day.

Last edited by theresia; 07-02-2008 at 10:31 AM.
theresia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Good morning all you losers!!

start 137
current 136.5
goal 132

have a terrific wednesday!! My Mom is coming to visit and I told her not to bother getting this insanely yummy fried chicken (and she'll bring 2 of them) that I will eat and eat and eat until it's gone. I couched this request in, "oh, don't worry about dinner Mom, the kids and I want to see you. You'll get here faster if you don't stop..." ;0
Hey kitty....here is the recipe I was talking about...

You and your mom can make healthy fried chicken together and enjoy a new tradition!!!

Here is the link...its good I've had it!

http://www.shape.com/healthy_eating/recipes/4194
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #33  

theresia - are you doing the 30 day shred challenge the same one with Jillian Michaels from the biggest loser????
Old 07-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #34  

Yes, that's the one I'm doing.. I will do day 12 today.. But I'm not doing it for 30 days in a row.. Maybe 5 days/week.. My muscles needs a break between

Last edited by theresia; 07-02-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

SW: 166.2
CW: 164.8 (-1.4)
GW: 161.2

Whew. I'm so glad to be going the *right* way on the scale.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresia View Post
Yes, that's the one I'm doing.. I will do day 12 today.. But I'm not doing it for 30 days in a row.. Maybe 5 days/week.. My muscles needs a break between

I want that soooo bad I don't work. I'm a stay at home mommy on a tight budget, so I'm forced to stick with my old VHS work out tapes . They are sooo old. It is hard to stay motivated enough to do them....I wish I could afford to buy the 30 day shred workout and let Jillian kick my but into shape !!!! Oh well, a small price to pay for being able to have this time with my baby girl!!

How long are the work outs....I'm looking for a good 45 minute bootcamp type DVD.....I've been looking at yard sales and on e-bay
Old 07-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #37  
Bye Bye Big Butt

S/C/G: 158/145/130

Height: 5'4

Guess I thought this was the 5lb gaining challenge.

I am back up to 155 this morning

Not a good motivator when I am feeling so unmotivated.
MercerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercerMom View Post
Guess I thought this was the 5lb gaining challenge.

I am back up to 155 this morning

Not a good motivator when I am feeling so unmotivated.
Poo...I know what you mean. What do you think the problem is??? Mine is TOM.... stupid TOM .....do you think yours is gettin' close....or is it salt intake or water gain....or even muscle gain.....do you think you stuck to your calories/points pretty well and got all your exercise in???

Not trying to kill you with questions....just want to be supportive....maybe we can figure out together why you gained 2#'s and then figure out how to get rid of it
Old 07-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

I went to a BBQ last night, and while I didn't gorge myself, I also don't want to become disappointed because I've gained a bit by not sticking strictly to my calorie allowance. It could have been worse - normally I do just pig out at these things, but as it is I say congratulations to everyone who's down today, and I'll weigh in tomorrow.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #40  
Bye Bye Big Butt

I really don't know. I've only been on this site for almost a week. I guess I am still in that can't get going stage. Hard habits, but saying all that.. according to Dailyplate with the exercise I did yesterday, I didn't go over my cals. I have been lifting a few weights but only since last Friday. I wouldn't think I would have muscle gain already would I?

I am a ways a way from TOM. I just don't know

I do feel like I am eating too much fat, according to Dailyplate.

I do feel like I need help finding some low fat low cal high protein foods to eat.

Some posters on dailyplate seem to think the fitness calories burned aren't accurate. If that's the case then I have been going way over cal allotment.

Anyone have any experience with this.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #41  
Bye Bye Big Butt

Guess I will start again

SW-155
GW-150

I could kick myself
Old 07-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
I want that soooo bad I don't work. I'm a stay at home mommy on a tight budget, so I'm forced to stick with my old VHS work out tapes . They are sooo old. It is hard to stay motivated enough to do them....I wish I could afford to buy the 30 day shred workout and let Jillian kick my but into shape !!!! Oh well, a small price to pay for being able to have this time with my baby girl!!

How long are the work outs....I'm looking for a good 45 minute bootcamp type DVD.....I've been looking at yard sales and on e-bay
The workouts are only 25 - 30 min long.. Because of that I always add some extra some days..
Old 07-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #43  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hey MercerMom, everyone gains. Weight loss is never linear, or an exact science. Don't kick yourself, just keep on moving.

In my experience, the Daily Plate site does way over estimate the number of calories burned doing some exercises. I use a heart rate monitor watch to gauge calories burned a little more accurately.

If you just started lifting weights, it is very possible that you are retaining water from doing so because of the slight tears you make in your muscles as you are building them up and the subsequent repair process.

Regardless, don't let it get you down! Keep on doing what you are doing, and the scale will move in the right direction eventually!

I'm still at 156 today. Eh, I'll take it. I do need to start going back at this full-force like I was a month ago, though.

SW: 156
CW: 156
GW: 151
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercerMom View Post
I really don't know. I've only been on this site for almost a week. I guess I am still in that can't get going stage. Hard habits, but saying all that.. according to Dailyplate with the exercise I did yesterday, I didn't go over my cals. I have been lifting a few weights but only since last Friday. I wouldn't think I would have muscle gain already would I?

I am a ways a way from TOM. I just don't know

I do feel like I am eating too much fat, according to Dailyplate.

I do feel like I need help finding some low fat low cal high protein foods to eat.

Some posters on dailyplate seem to think the fitness calories burned aren't accurate. If that's the case then I have been going way over cal allotment.

Anyone have any experience with this.
Do NOT trust the whole "eating back your calories" thing on Daily Plate. It's a great way to watch everything you eat and record your workouts, but eating back my workout calories caused me to stay at the same weight for three weeks. When I stopped doing that, I dropped big time.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
In my experience, the Daily Plate site does way over estimate the number of calories burned doing some exercises. I use a heart rate monitor watch to gauge calories burned a little more accurately.
Same here. Also I don't use DP to calculate exercise cals or "net" cals. I just set my calorie level at 1500 and use the site to track that. Then whatever exercise I do is "extra" if that makes sense.

I find that trying to figure out what cals I can "eat back" is overly confusing.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote