Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Enygirl - Thanks for the KICK!!

I see Billy Blanks DVD's for $4.99 every time I go to Ross. Do you have a Ross near you?? You may be able to pick up some of his stuff cheap. I need LOTS of different dvd's to keep me from getting bored.

I clocked my jog yesterday. 2.2 miles! I switched from jogging to walking about 4 times to drink water but I never let my heart rate dip below 120. My route home was 2.0 miles, but I walked that whole thing.

I have been working out in the evenings but a storm is blowing in tonight . . . Not sure what I'll do, if anything.

I recovered 4 dining room chairs today. I'm going to list them for sale on Craigslist. My mom found them on the street with a FREE sign on them and brought them home. When she moved, she gave them to me and hopefully, I can make a little $$ on them!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

So, I am going to try out for The Biggest Loser tomorrow. My mom has been trying to talk me into it all week, and she finally wore me down today. I'll let you know how it goes...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #63  
ready to stand

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'1

Good luck!
MelodyLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

TTTA - That'd be AWESOME! Let us know how it goes!

Joe and I got into a big fight last night - butI didn't eat! Hopefully he'll start talking to me today. *sigh* I'm sure we'll be ok - but it's stil really frusterating. Boys... ugh

I did a cheat weigh in this morning and I'm down to #188.8 (a .8 down from Monday) I changed my tickers because I need something happy today.

I have to do my pushups today since I didn't do them yesterday. definately depressed today.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #65  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

TTTA--Good luck with the Biggest Loser tryout!

gg--I used to jog too and I'm really trying to get myself back there. I think buying my ipod will help me. I think I will buy it this week or early next. It's my b-day present to myself. I did the 3FC Memorial Day and July 4th 5Ks. I wogged them as Eny would say. I need to go sign up for the midsummer's.

mrsaugie--Changing up your exercise routine will help. It will keep your body guessing. Doing some strength training. Cardio and weights in the same day. Intervals on your elliptical. I know any of these will help.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #66  

Crissy - OMG!!! I'm dying to know how it went!! I hope you make it!!

Shay - I had a great run on Wednesday. 4.3 miles. I just zoned out on my stride and kept my eyes on the path directly in front of me. I can't believe I went that far. I've avoided jogging but you never know. Maybe I could learn to really like it??

I'm in a funk. My kids leave in just over a week and I'm miserable. Trying to pack in a whole summer's worth of fun.

I'll check back soon.

Enygirl - Congratulations!! I'm happy you're back on track!!
Old 07-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

TTTA- How cool. I can't wait to hear about the Biggest loser.

GG- I would love to be able to jog like that. How did you start??

Eny- Good for you for not giving in to emotional eating. I hope you guys make up soon!

I am doing ok. I have had a pretty good weekend/week. I have been OP 6 out of 7 days and exercised for 4 of the 7. I think that is a NSV for me. I weighed myslef today and I am 175.8. Wed July 2 I was 177.8 so I pretty happy. I am going to really work on the program the trainer made for me. I am stoked.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:45 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, I didn't get a call back, but I had a blast yesterday! We stood in line for 8 hours for a 3 minute interview. Our interviewer talked to 6 of us at once, and she did most of the talking. When she emphasized that we should send in a tape I knew it was pretty much over. BUT, you can't stand around with fat people for 8 hours and not do some major soul searching. I met some really wonderful guys (one of which flirted the whole day, it was flattering!) and laughed all day long. I am definitely going to send in a tape!

Enygirl- congrats on the numbers! You are doing so great! Your guy will come around... ugh sure does sum it up though!

gg- hang in there- it's got to be hard.

Here is my commitment to myself. My weight is my priority. I am coming to grips with the reality that I have to give up something to fit something else in. I have to make time to take care of myself. I was thinking all day about what I would have to give up to film a reality TV show for 5 months. 30 minutes is not too much to ask!

Have a great week everyone!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #69  

Alright girls I need a of my own! This weekend was a COMPLETE BUST! I ate Horribly (not as bad as I would have in the past though) and I didn't do any exercise other then my push ups! Someone needs to kick me!

TOM is supposed to srrive this week - so I know I need to be EXTRA good! ugh - I don't want to go back into the #190's!!! I weant to get to the #170's!!!! Girls stick on me! Tonight I'm DEFINATELY working out! I need to stop the cycle of self sabotage. I need to use exercise as a crutch and not food!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #70  

Enygirl - On the bright side, you continued with the pushup challenge. That's a step in the right direction!!

Crissy - I feel ya!! I remember being in your shoes. Having to take a cold, hard look at my behavior and admit to myself I wasn't really trying that hard. (I decided to join Weight Watchers.)

I'm in that place again. I've hit a place where my body is really comfortable and I'm going to have to give up more to keep losing. I'm not going to give up. I'm only 4.6 pounds away from being out of the "obese" category. I don't want to be obese anymore. Let's do it together!!

I think you SHOULD send in a tape. Have some fun. You never know . . . you may get picked!!

Karyn - Congratulations for staying on plan and for the resulting loss!! I'd love to have a personal trainer to kick my butt but I can't afford it. Tried to interview one and he was a jerk, too!! GOOD LUCK!!!

When I lost weight after having my kids I started jogging. Walking first. I'd walk as fast as I could . . . then I started slowly adding jogging. Jog a little, walk a little. Gradually, the length of time I could jog got longer and longer. I used to do about 3 miles every morning before work. THEN, I got married. Who wants to get up and jog when there's a new, handsome husband left in bed???!!! That's when I started gaining weight again . . .

Here's the link to the C25K program . . . . http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml It's a great place to start.

For me, having my heart rate monitor has really helped me see the improvement in my fitness level. I keep a diary that I log time exercised, time in my workout zone, average heart rate, and max heart rate. It's been harder and harder to get my heart rate up into the higher levels of my zone. That's why I started jogging again. It gets my heart rate up faster and I can sustain it for longer periods of time.

I need to get going. We are taking the kids up the North fork of the Coeur d'Alene River today and are tubing down ALL DAY!!

Healthy thoughts to you all!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #71  
My Evolution

TTTA & gg--Yeah I'm at that place now. For many years I have been able to just eat less and lose weight. Maybe 3-4lbs a week. You add exercise to that and I can post some big losses. This time around I have barely exercised and it shows in gaining and losing the same weight a million times. Just eating healthy isn't going to work this time. Damn me! I need to get off my a** and exercise. My b-day is next week and I always take a cold hard look at my life beginning about a month prior and leading all the way up to my b-day. Yeah, time to make a huge change or I will be obese forever!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #72  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

thanks for the tips i asked for. i know that i am alittle late in getting back here. anyway those 3 lbs that i lost last month found there way back home. time to work harder and make them stay a way for good this time. it is good to see that everyone is doing well and i am finally back up and running for good this time.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #73  

aug - I'm glad to see you back!

Shay - MOVE MOVE MOVE! This weight loss thing isn't easy - but we have to work!

GG - Thanks for the C25K link. I'm going to start doing it. I've slacked off completely on my wogging!

I'm up today - which eans TOM is on his way. *sigh* the lovliness of being a girl....
Old 07-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #74  
My Evolution

Eny--Thanks for the encouragement. I did exercise yesterday and I plan to do so today. Maybe get on my Urban Rebounder,pushup challenge and weight training. We'll see.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #75  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

alright still holding strong i am starting to get back on track after the move. i also had the greatest supper. Chicken salad that had grapes and suspose to have toasted almonds but not added because of an over that is on a medical vacation. ( front piece of glass went Puff when we moved and are waiting for the new on to come in.) and crackers to go with it.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote