Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I just checked my journal, and I'm on day 7 today of being on plan! that makes me feel good. I need to up the exercise some more. i'm doing about 4 days a week right now, but I want to up that to 5-6 days. My goal is to be burning an extra 800 cals a day over what my intake is. That'll keep me motivated on my intake and my exercise.

GG- maybe I need to jump back into the numbers game???!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Enygirl! LOL!! I'm not really in the numbers game this week so I think you should DEFINITELY jump in and take my place!!

My boys leaving just knocks me on my fanny. I'm going to take this week off. They fly out Tuesday morning (7/22) . . . I'll deal with real life after they are safe and sound.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the encouragement girls! It's so easy to wallow and get down, rather than just deal. However, as per my epiphany from last month, I have not spent money to make myself feel better. It's been a longer fat funk than usual, but it'll get better!

gg- get those 4.6 lbs and never look back! What an awesome chance to celebrate! Sorry about your kiddos, that's rough. They be back sooner than you think though!

Shay- Happy Birthday! What are you planning to do to celebrate? You work hard- you deserve to play a little!
I do the same reflective thing, but I do it when school starts. I have spent the last week cleaning my office and trying to set up an organization system so that I can spend less time at work. I am **** bent on not working 70 hour weeks this year, and I have been dwelling on priorities and how to balance out my life better. This year I want to be a happier human!

Have a great day ladies! I'm spending mine with stuffy band directors- difficult in my quest for happiness, but at least I know how to not take myself THAT seriously!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #79  

TTTA - let me know how you come up with not having to work 70 hour weeks! I want to be part of that! Right now I'm at about 50-60, but in a month it'll ramp back up to 70+ hours! AHHH! I keep telling them I need an assistant!

I'm still staying strong and on plan. I need to clean out my office from my quilting and work stuff so I have room to do my work outs. It's too hot outside to walk - until late, but right now we're getting a lot of rain at night. So that just means I need to organize my office space

Speaking of quilts - GG - it's that time of year again in which I start quilting fullforce for Christmas! I'm working on 2 right now - one for my mom & Step-dad and one for my friend's daughter. I also just found out that one of my co-workers is pregnant and due in Nov. - She finds out in 2 weeks what she's having - so there's a 3rd one! AHHH! There just isn't enough time in the day!

GG- what are you working on right now?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ya'll!! How's everyone doing???

I am doing ok, I have stayed the course again this week and am doing great. I weighed in at 175 last weigh in. Keep up the good work.

Flying by to say hi!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #81  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hey everyone,
I did get on my urban rebounder and did the push up challenge but nothing since then. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise.

My b-day--probably nothing too exciting. I definitely enjoy getting presents but making a big to do about it not really. Me and BF will probably just hang out.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #82  

Hey girls! Here's to another week of our Ultimate Challenge

I've stayed OP w/ eating, but definately slacked on exercise! I need to get back into the groove!

I'm down to #188.4 this morning - which I'll take! Right now I'll take ANY loss! I'm really going to have to PUSH IT to hit my End of July Goal! Only 10 days left in the month and I have #2.9 to loss! I'm REALLY going to have to be on my best behavior! Bad news is - TOM still hasn't shown up (Dang stress) so you know it'll hit right at the end when I'm trying to hit goal! UGH!!! To be a woman!

Joe and I fought all weekend - it was Freaking lovely.. (can you feel the sarcasm?) We still haven't talked... it sucks. I love the man - but I'm at my wits end. Why do they have to be so dang frustrating!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #83  

Hi girls!

My lower body is so angry- I rode the Moonlight Classic, a 15 mile bikeride through downtown Denver at midnight. It was so fun! My knees are pretty unhappy, and my rear end apparently isn't as padded as I thought... hee hee!

So, I turn 30 in 64 weeks (I know, it sounds desperate, but I really am not having an age crisis!). Which means I have finally defined my ultimate goal. 2.2 lbs per week from now until then will put me at my goal weight by the time I turn 30. It is exhilarating to have a deadline and a specific objective! I do so much better when I have to get something done by a certain date. Now i just have to get off my butt...

enygirl- you are hilarious! Even when you are dripping in with sarcasm... I hope the boy pulls it together- I wanted to push mine off his bike the other night...
Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #84  

Shay - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I breezed through your post on the I-pod and completely missed it. Did you get the I-pod? Did you end up having a good day???

Enygirl - Men . . . Can't live with them. Can't shoot them! All you can do is keep loving them and they eventually come around. Congratulations on your weigh in!! Any loss is a fabulous loss!!!

Crissy - Ahhhhhhh . . . to be 29 again!!! Enjoy it and THANK GOD you aren't 39!!!! If you need motivation on WHY you should lose weight before you hit 30 I can take a picture of the excess skin on my inner thigh. It ought to be enough to scare you into staying on plan.

The bikeride through Denver sounds like a blast!! I find my knees get sore if I have my weight too close to my toes. If I keep my weight in the middle of my foot, closer to the heel, my knees don't hurt.

My goals for the week are 7 days OP and daily exercise. Kids leave tomorrow but I'm ready. We are doing miniature golf today. Got to get Ben to a dentist appointment. I'll be fine . . . Really, I will.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:33 AM   #85  

shay- I hope you had a great birthday!!

gg- that was great! You make me smile!

I'm taking a new approach to this, we'll see how it goes this week. In order to hit my 2.2 lb weekly goal, I need to drop .4 every day... which is totally against what most weight loss professionals would say to do (don't track it every day, fluctuations, blah blah), but it's kind of been a fun game so far, and SO FAR is has motivated me to get moving a little more and make smarter choices... You know, all 2 days!

Off to band camp... Have a great day ladies!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #86  

TTTA - I'm with you. I do better when I'm tracking my daily flux's. Plus I update my ticker w/ every loss - but not gain unless it's on a Monday.

I'm happy to report that Joe and I are doing better. We talked some last night - and I'm going to bring up some other stuff tonight.

Still on plan - I need to workout though! I didn't even do my pushups last night! I'll do them tonight though!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #87  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

gg--No, no my birthday is this Friday. No one has missed it! Thanks for all of the well wishes (everyone). I bought a fuschia 8gb nano yesterday from Amazon. Can't wait. I can just picture myself singing while running on my treadmill or bouncing on my rebounder !

Crissy--The one time I rode a bike briefly my butt was on fire and I could barely walk the next day!

Eny--Happy to hear you and the man are on the mend!

Last edited by Shay; 07-22-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #88  

I'm BACK!!!! LOL!!!

The kids should be landing in Boise any minute. I'm going to clean house like crazy today. That includes super-duper-cleaning 2 bathrooms, one of which I'm going to wash the walls with bleach (found some mold lurking above the shower . . . EWW!) and then paint! I'm leaning towards doing the walls navy blue and decorating in a nautical motif.

I've already run 4.3 miles this morning and am excited and happy about the things I have planned to do while the teenagers are with their (cough, cough) father.

Shay - Your nano sounds wonderful!! I would buy fuschia, too!!

Crissy - I crack up every time I read "band camp!" .4 pounds a day doesn't sound like TOO much. I was up 3.2 this morning, but hey . . . who's counting??? ROFLOL!

Eny - You better stay OP!! My goal is to be in the 150's by the time my kids get home on 8/31.

Karyn - How are you???
Old 07-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #89  

OMG - GG! #150's!!! HOW AWESOME!!I was just thinking how awesome it'd be to hit the #160's by Joe's B-day in November!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

I need to do a super duper cleaning of my house as well. It's getting out of control again. ugh. Hunter's room's the WORST! I think i may clean it while she's gone though. That way it'll be done and I won't have to fight with a 6 year old anymore about it.

This week i'm going to pick one room a night to totally clean top to bottom scrub etc. The worst for me is the Kitchen. i keep it picked up.. but it needs a good scrubbing!

I think tonight I'm going to work on quilts some more too... I want to get the 2 I'm working on done so that I can start on a baby quilt for my friend that's 5 months along. She finds out next week what she's having - I already have patterns and fabrics picked out either way. I think I'm more excited about her having a baby then she is!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #90  

Dammit! I am having a major fat day, and I'm not sure why. It started yesterday afternoon, after I ran around like a maniac all over the high school- what gives?!?! I am definitely not down .4 , in fact the only thing that saved me as far as my goal is concerned is that my 1st day's fluctuation was way more than .4. BUT, now comes the point where I have to make a choice, so I am going for a bike ride. GRRRR!

Have a lovely day ladies!