Old 04-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #16  
I'm on my weigh....

S/C/G: 274/264/215

Height: 5' 11"

Hi Everyone!!! I'm a newbie as well and would like to join the challenge. Hmm...let's see my goals for the month of April.

1. Drink 70-80 oz. water/day
2. Eat more vegetables and rotate different fruits into my daily diet.
3. Try new foods
4. Exercise 5 days a week.
5. Lose 8 lbs.

Those are the first 4 are my sticklers, the last one really is a bonus. Wishing all of you great success this month!
Ladybballer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Tyler - my fiance is like that too, he is 6 ft 3 and slim, he can eat mounds and mounds of food and doesnt gain an ounce, he actually drinks protein shakes to try and gain wieght!!!! Its ridiculous!! Sigh!! 21 days on plan is amazing, I hope to stay on plan for that long also.

lumifan4ever - welcome back!! I have a really good feeling about this month, everyone on this thread is going to lose and feel so much healthier and happier by May, I just know it!!

Welcome Ladybballer24 also looking forward to gettin to know you better as the month progresses!!

Im going for a nice long walk tonight, its a lovely day here today, so Im going to make the most of the sunshine!! Have a lovely day ladies.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #18  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

PP: Must be nice to be your fiance! My husband actually wants to lose some weight but he's not really all that dedicated so I don't think the extra weight really bothers him. And when weekends come along he wants to relaxed with munchies and boozies. That is always my highest risk time -- one drink and I can easily lose my judgement!

Welcome Lady! Hopefully we will all have great success this month!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hello Everyone. Welcome to the challenge Ladybballer24 and lumifan4ever!

Yesterday I drank liters and liters of water and I went out on the bike in the morning. We were playing poker last night and I didn’t drink or smoke. If I drink I know I will smoke, I can’t drink alcohol this early in the giving up phase. This is good because beer really piles the calories on.

Tonight I will be doing W4D1 of C25k.com. Wish me luck. Tyler - I keep hearing that people turn into runners after using this program. I hope that happens to me.

Back to work for me!
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Lumi - good to see you! Your goals look good - and you know you can do it! I like the 50 miles in a month thing. Maybe I'll set a goal like that. The weather is getting better around these parts - and walking outside would be good for me, DD, BF & the dog Now I just have to pick who's coming with me! I also have Leslie Samsone's 3 mile walk DVD that I've been using. I've been needing an exercise goal. I'm focusing more on inches this month the pounds though. I'll have to debate this one!

Lady to our group! come visit often!!

PP - My ex was like that.. but now that he's pushing 30 it's showing He has a very nice gut on his 6'4" frame.. I can't help but smile

Tyler - My BF is like that right now too. He says he wants to lose some weight - and he's doing little things - but he just walked downstairs w/ his buddy w/ a 6-pack in hand.

dubh - YOU ROCK! Good job not smoking - I quit on Sept. 24 and it's the second hardest thing I've ever done - the hardest being this lifestyle change thing to be healthy! Stick with it hon!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:45 AM   #21  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

yall!

Piggin ~ I'm so happy you're feeling all great and motivated!

back Lumi!

Lady!

Hi Jo!

You're doing great Dub!

Eny ~ Just felt like giving you something.

Well, finally the headache is gone! I got my water, walking, and good eats in today. Feeling alright, you guys make me feel good.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #22  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning everyone, Happy Thursday!

Anybody feel like coming over and washing my car for me?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #23  

Shari - you're inspriration and motivation are enough for me! - Oh and your playlists. I listen to your blog one at work, and your other one while I work out! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

I'm doing good - accomplished day 1 yesterday - and day 2 is on it's way! Only 18 days until I weigh in. I'm kinda anxious to see how I'm doing since I've changed more of my diet

Ok - lots of work to get done today - but here's the motivational quote for today!

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge
Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #24  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Jo ~ How much are you offering?

Eny ~ Thanks sweetie. We keep each other afloat!

I got my hair done today for an interview, used my new camera for the first time, and dammit the usb cable thing doesn't fit so I have to wait to get a new one before I can upload them! And I actually think I look kinda nice in these pics.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #25  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning everybody! I can't believe I'm at Day 23 on-plan! Yay! I always think of 30 days as a landmark number because at that point I've established new healthy habits that don't seem too terribly hard to maintain (unlike how they feel in the first couple of weeks!)! And this morning I dropped to 201.2, so close to ONEderland!

Eny -- Great quote! 17 days to go til your weigh-in, I bet you're going to rock it!

Dubh -- good job passing on the beer and ciggies! I can't drink right now either, I lose all my willpower when I do! I'm an eaty kinda drinker. Must have salty snack with my drinks of choice!

Shari -- that's a bummer about the USB. Are we going to see the new photos of your hairstyle?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Happy Friday ladies!! Last night H2B and I ater a bit of a naughty dinner, thing crust pizza and garlic bread... oooops!! But im back to it today, I will be OP and Im going to the gym tonight for an hour. I am so determined to have an OP weekend, weekends are always hard for me.
I am flying to see my dad tomorrow; this is the first time dad has met scottish man, so I hope it goes well! Im sure it will, but its still a bit nerve wracking!! Have a nice weekend everyone.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #27  

Hey girls - today's going so-so. I ate a donut for breakfast... I didn't eat too much - so I'm not completely off plan. I just know I'll have to have a light dinner to make up for it.

Tonight's the Night I'm partying like a rockstar! My Step-Bro's band is playing at a club here in Flint - and I'm TOTALLY GOING!! It's exciting for me because Joe and I rarely get to go anywhere cool... and even when DD is away - he's such a homebody we usually end up staying home BUT NOT TONIGHT!!!

I'm not drinking tonight at all though - I don't need the empty cals. I'm actually feeling good today.. maybe it helped that I took 1/2 a day off

Alright girls - here's your quote for today (sorry it's a little late)
"Action is the key to all success." ~ Pablo Picasso

Last edited by Enygirl; 04-04-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #28  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning ladies!

Eny -- I hope you had a great time last night listening to the band, it sounds like it was going to be a ton of fun!

PP -- I hope you and scottish man are enjoying your time with your father!

I hope everyone has a nice weekend! I want to for a run this morning and now I'm hanging out with my DH. We may go kayaking a bit later.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #29  
Michelle the Vegan

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I finally broke out of the 200s! yay! I've lost 4.2 pounds this week so far (tomorrow is my official weigh-in) and I'm just giddy with joy!

Today will be a GREAT day!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #30  

Josephine- WAY TO GO!! :congrats: on the weigh in! That's AWESOME! I'm not weighing in until the 22nd - but I am measuring every week - and this week I lost .5" off my bust, waist and Hips... I'm happy! My goal is to be a size 8. I've never been in single digit clothes before! Right now I'm a 14/16 - but I started at a 22/24 - so I know I can do this! I feel better when I focus on the changes in my body (inches) rather then pounds. It means that I'm toning too

On a side note - my DD is the coolest little person in existence. She's decided that when she's a grown up she wants to teach art to kids after school, play drums in a rock band on weekends and the money she earns will help pay for college so she can be a veterinarian. The crazy part is that she came up with this plan on her own... and she's 6! Sorry - she just walked in here to tell me that

I'm feeling crappy today - I've come down w/ Strep - and have been running a fever off and on all day. I'll be ok - I just know I need to take it easy.

Ok I'm going to go get some house work done.. but here's today's quote:

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.