Old 04-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #31  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

shelby I missed you!

Lovemacon: I am supposed to switch shifts on the 23 (my schedule will be weird but I will do 3-4 12 hour shifts per week)

Suz, I am so happy to see you. I hope things start slowing down for you a bit.

Michelle, Makie starts "short sports" ON Friday the 20th at the Y. She gets to learn basics of different sports. and so excited about it too! Mak used to do that pee thing, she just is showing you SHE is in control, and we just had to find a way let her know we are the parents and she got better. Your poor DH, I used to go through that funk with my job about 2 times per year. Working out helped me with my frustration.

Paula, I am so glad I didn't make dinner on easter, that way I don't have to eat the leftovers. In fact I am excited the grocery store had South beach diet lunches on sale (I got 6 lunches for $9) No thinking about what I will eat!

Brandy, I hope your day is going well!

Holyteror, did you get your gym put together?

Hi shari!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Got a good night sleep last night, now I am ready for more work. I will find out today if I get overtime this weekend (I am hoping for at least 1 day) Plus I will get my biggest check ever (well for a weeks worth of work) I got my watch that I will keep in my pocket and be officially back to correct practices.

My eating and water drinking is going to be excellent today!!! I just know it. then I hope to get back to the gym soon (if I don't work this weekend I will go for a good 2 hours)

Happy Healthy one everyone!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Today I hope to back on plan. I had my cheerios and banana for breakfast and I will have the bean soup for lunch. I'm not sure what we are having for dinner yet.
I'm going to do the yoga with weights with FitTV this morning plus walk on the treadmill in the afternoon or evening. I weighed myself this morning and I'm the same as yesterday. I'm hoping for a loss tomorrow.
My grandson is spending the morning with me today. My daughter has a PTA meeting. He came in with his mp3 player and headphone on and a game to play on the xbox. I told him the TV was mine until 10:00. He said he would go up to my room and watch TV until I was done with exercising.

Jeni- I think your supervisor should have talked to the person in charge of timekeeping since that is the person that tells you when to go on breaks and when to start cleaning up. It's not like you could have ignored them and just kept on working since you didn't know what time it was. As hard as they are working you I'm not surprised that you are a little testy and short on nerves. The money might be good, but your health is important too. Be sure you are taking care of yourself. Good for you for finding the error in the machine.

Shelby- Good to see you back. I'm so glad that the grandkids keep their candy at their houses and I don't have to see or smell it everyday.

Brandy- Your weather sounds like ours. It rained hard all night long and it's still raining now. They are saying snow mixed with rain for tomorrow. I can't wait to be able to walk outside again.
Take care of your cold. Aren't hubby's wonderful for sharing?
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #33  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

morning everyone

stupid allergies are beating me down!!!!!!!!!!!! i think honestly I'm coming down with a cold. My ear's starting to hurt and I am due for TOM today or tomorrow.

I got thru half of the weight machine set up. I got ONE bit of help....basically the guide rods didn't fit into the overhead bit. so hubby took one and basically shoved it in both guide bar holes..made them fit, and then we put it on. I went back to work while he sat and watched the movie I put in out in the garage.

But I am the one putting it together. My body's a little sore this morning from lifting the weight plates overhead and sliding them onto the guide rods. I'm sure this counts as exercise somehow LOLOL

My eating is better but not as good as it could be. I got my Jorge Cruise 3 hr diet cookbook (new as of last week) and I haven't had the opportunity to check it out yet......it keeps getting snagged out of my hands by coworkers who are interested in losing weight.

My craft fair is May 10, and I haven't sold any of the fitness kits yet. But I plan on it!! I'm only going to make 5 of them, just to see how they sell. I will make plenty of bath sets (all hand stamped and handmade) and graduation goodies since the fair will be right before mother's day and five billion graduation ceremonies LOLOL

ok i've gotta get ready and half my lunch packed. I bought the 3 lb salad bag at costco and it's already slimy. I've gotta stop off at the grocery store this morning for salad mix.
weed......hmmmmmmmm
w: 100 oz...gettin closer every day
e: whatever I can get, i'm tired
e: as best as I can on plan
d: get to bed early. I'm still tired and a bit under the weather. stupid allergies LOL

have a great day everyone!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #34  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,
just a quick post while the house is still quiet. I am hoping that everyone is doing better today. Dh went to work today, so that's one baby better. I heard my DS coughing all night, so he'll probabbly still be out of it today. If my DD can get enough sleep, hopefully she won't be as whiny today.
As for me, I'm still a little stuffy, but at least I am not achy like I was. I got in the bed earlier than usual, and will try and do the same tonight.Still a bit tired, but will get a workout in this morning.

WEED for today:
W64 oz
E:4 mile WATP
E:On plan...I actually have all of my meals planned for today
D:LAUNDRY!

Shelby, good to see you back. You've been on my mind. Stick around...please.
Chat with you chicks later.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Hey everyone. I'm still around. Just haven't been posting. I've been so busy with school it's nuts. And things haven't been well on the eating and exercise fronts. Will explain later...right now I gotta get to class. And I will explain my comeback plan. I sure missed coming here!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #36  
Calorie Counter

Paula, you are so right. I know I am testy and PMSy that is why I apologized for how I said what I said. This weekend we are off (which is good for all of us). My supervisor has bitten off more than he can chew, and I understand why he is in such a bad mood. His commute is about 4 hours per day, plus he is in a Masters program. NOt to mention the job he is in is stressful, that is why I apologized. I know how stressed he is, but as much as I am sorry for taking out my frustrations out on him, he needs to be respectful of us employees that are doing the work. The toll this is taking on him is very apparent, he needs time off. We all do.

On a brighter note I got a nice compliment today. One of the ladies I used to work with told me I look like I lost another 10 pounds. I said sadly no I havent, but I have lost body fat which is always good (did I tell you all that in our last challenge I lost 1.2% body fat? ) anyway it was so nice to get a compliment.

My eating was outstanding today. I had my normal shake for breakfast, a South beach diet lunch thing and a 60 calorie light and fit yogurt smoothie plus a short nonfat latte= about 730 calories leaving room for my dinner tonight
Old 04-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #37  

Just a quick note before I get to work.

Jeni -- I'm sure your supervisor respects you for coming forward and apologizing, but is just stressed about everything. Having been a supervisor for a few years, trust me it's apparent who really does all the work, even if they aren't able to reward you for it!!

Hope everyone is doing well -- my youngest's 4th birthday on 3/25 knocked me out of wack, then my sister's husband had a stroke last week so I spent a few days with them (42 years old!! but doing well) and Easter didn't help, but tomorrow is grocery shopping day and I'm determined to get back on track. I'm not ready to set a goal at this point, because the closer I get to a date the more freaky I become! So, I'm just going to get myself back on track and I know my mindset will improve.

I hope everyone takes some time for themselves tomorrow (I'd be happy to be able to go to the bathroom without someone bothering me!!).
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #38  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up weigh-in day

I missed you too, Jeni! As for things slowing down - sigh - looks like that will never happen (I was at work again until 7:30 last night), but at least I'm never bored! And woo hooooo for your body fat loss! (reminds me that I really need to get a body fat monitor...)

And Shelby, I've been gone a while, too - but once you're a W.O.W., you're always a W.O.W.!

Brandy - I totally feel your pain about not being able to use your new bike yet. This weather is just killing me...

Paula, you'll get back on track, I have faith in you! One little stray isn't going to completely derail you - so just get right back on it and do your best!

HolyTeror - - allergies are so sucky, aren't they? I'm allergic to a lot of trees and also forsythia, so this time of year just kills me. And I am very jealous that you have a home gym!!

And hi to anyone I may have missed!!

OK - today's weigh-in day, and I'm actually up a few pounds to 164... however, I am not going to change my ticker because I know I am retaining water; I can feel it in my feet and my fingers. I'm not surprised, as I had some salty popcorn yesterday (salty to make up for lack of butter), and I am evidently very reactive to salty/high-sodium foods. During this whole process of learning to live healthier, one of the best benefits has been that I'm learning how my body reacts to what I put in it and how I make it move. I wish that I'd learned that a long time ago!

I am not bummed out about my non-loss today, and I'll tell you why:

I had a long, difficult day at work yesterday (not uncommon). I did, however, have a bright spot in that I got a call from an old friend who wanted to meet Friday - today - for drinks after work. I haven't seen this girl in eleven years but, through the miracles of MySpace, we found each other - so yay for that! So after my long day, I took myself shopping because

1. I needed "retail therapy"

2. Sears has an awesome sale on, and

3. I wanted to look cute when I meet my old friend!

So I went to Sears and browsed the misses' section, found some cute stuff...

Drum roll please...

For the first time in two years, I WORE A SIZE 10.

In your FACE, Mr. Scale!! Give me whatever number you will, I bought two skirts in a size 10, two tops in Medium size, and I feel freakin' terrific!!!

So, as you can imagine, I'm a happy camper today.

Stick with your WEED, girls... it's working...!

I have no idea what work will be like today, but I will try to pop back in later.

Have a fabulous day, girls!!!

W: 100 oz
E: 30 mins cardio, probably will do lower body/core weight training today
E: 1500 calories (more than usual, but I'm meeting my friend today and must allow for that)
D: Not to let them walk all over me at work and actually take my break today instead of working through lunch, etc.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #39  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning. Yesterday went pretty well. I painted a pair of jeans. My sis and I have shared these jeans back and forth for years. I painted a dolphin on one leg with a chinese symbol for younger sister under it. The other leg has a sea turtle and the symbol for older sisiter. They turned out really cute. I should get my camera back soon so I can take a pic.

Today is hair day. I'm way overdue and my roots are bothering me. Tonight I leave for our womens retreat through church. We're going to a state park and staying in a private cabin with a hot tub and a fireplace. I'm super excited about the trip. I just wish I hadn't caught this cold.

Shelby-I hope your sis's hub. is doing well. I freak out every time I hear of a stroke now since my "mini stroke". Its all so overwhelmingly scary. I'm glad things are starting to allow you to get back to your healthy habits. Good luck getting your alone time. Its so hard with little ones around.

Jeni-Congrats on the compliment and the great loss of body fat!!! I hope your break from work refreshes everyone.

LaBonita-Are you coming up to exam time? Good luck

love-Hope everyone is continuing to get better.

Holy-Did you finish getting it together? I'd say you got quite a workout building it.

Paula-Were you able to get back on plan yesterday? What did you do with your gs? Anything fun and exciting? I think I live only about 2 1/2-3 hours drive away from you. I'd guess our weather is usually close. DH's gm used to live down in that area.

W-64+
E-day 2 off to help cold
E-be good til retreat time and then dont fret
D-enjoy the time with the ladies. Some of them I know well and some I've never really talked with. It should be so fun
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Good Morning- Well I was doing OK yesterday. I ate a good healthy breakfast, I got my yoga w/ weights done and then my daughter called and asked if I had eaten lunch yet? I told her no and then she invited me to lunch at Pizza Hut. It was her day off and I hated to tell her no so I went. I got the salad/pizza bar. I made sure I loaded up on the salad veggies and cottage cheese. I had one slice of thin crust cheese pizza and one small piece of the cherry crumb dessert pizza. No pop either, I drank water. So I don't think that was too bad. For dinner I had the bean soup I was suppose to have for lunch. I missed the corn bread though. I walked for my 30 minutes. I got a lot of water in too. The scale said I'm up a pound, but I'm not going to worry about it. Since I was so thirsty yesterday I'm probably retaining water today.

Today I've already had my Cheerios w/ banana and 1% milk. I will be doing Yoga Zen with FitTV after my shower. I'm planning on the bean soup for lunch, but as I've learned, nothing is written in stone until it's already happened. I expect my oldest grandson to call after school and ask to go to Chili's again since he got away with it last week. My hubby has a golf outing that was canceled last week so I'm not sure if he'll be home for dinner or not.

Holyteror- I hope you are feeling better this morning. Did you get the gym all put together? Did you find any good recipes in the cookbook? I did the ediets for a couple years and I was eating every 3 hours and I really felt good. I never got hungry and I did lose weight. I just went off plan in the summer and of course gained it back.

Love- How are the little ones today? I hope they are feeling better. How are you feeling? I hope you didn't catch what they had.

LaBonita- Good to see you back.

Jeni- Don't you just love the unexpected compliments? My daughter has a scale that measures her body fat. I'm not sure I want to know what mine is.

Shelby- Sounds like you had some good reasons for falling of the wagon for a while. Birthday parties, Holidays and family members health problems will do that to a person.

Suz- WOOHOO on getting into the smaller size. Someday I'll get out my jeans and see if they fit again. I'm just not ready to try yet.

Brandy- You sound so talented.
Have fun at your retreat. It sounds like a lovely place.

W- drink-drink-drink
E- yoga zen and walking 30 minutes
E- stay good and on plan
D- go for healthy choices if we go out to eat today.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #41  
Calorie Counter

Yawn. Rough morning ladies. I just had to say hi!

Good for you Suz getting into size 10!

I am doing awsome on my weed!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #42  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Hi Ladies,
Well I thought I would get in a quick post while the little ones were still sleeping. Yesterday was rough. My little one was so pitaful. He coughed most of the day and his noes ran like crazy. I didn't hear him last night, of course I was drained, so he may have been up. My DD is still coughing as well. I've been giving them both breathing treatments, so I am hopeful that today will be better. I just fee so bad for them. I was a bit more snacky yesterday as well. I used to think I wasn't an emotional eater, now i am coming to realize that i am. It wasn't anything bad yesterday, I just felt like I wanted to eat more, but I didn't succumb. I did make some homemade hummus, or at least attempted to. It didn't taste quite like the one in the store, but it was edible.

I am still a bit under the weather, and tired even though I went to bed a little early. I probably need to take my multivitamin as well. I've been slacking here. I may even do a nap today when I put the kids down since it's kinda cold here. We were suppsed to get all of this snow, now it looks like it's only going to be a few inches. YAH! My DD has soccor, but we've only been to 1 game since it started. Snow in April UGH.

Shelby-Sory to hear about you BIL. Hope he is doing better. Glad to see you're back though. My DS's birthday is coming up and I am trying to come up with something that will be figure friendly for me.

Brandy-You are Artsy. I'd love to see pics of the jeans, or some of your work. Have fun on your trip. I love ladies retreats and things like that.

Paula-Sounds like you even did well at the PH buffet. I've been avoiding pizza for now. I don't think I am quite ready to eat just one piece. That and chinees food are my weaknesses.

Suz-You make me tired just reading your posts. WHOOO on the size 10. I can't wait till I'm shopping that rack. I know you're goingto look fantabulous.

LaBonita-You're in the home streatch. Hang in there!

Michelle-Hi

Jen-good for you getting the weekend off. Get some rest and enjoy the family.

Holyteror- Did you get your gym together? I wish I had one. I am hinting around for some type of exercise equipment for mother's day. convience is everything.

Hi to anyone else I've missed. Gotta get some breakfast before the kiddos wake up. Oh speaking of breakfast.
Robin-Last day with the kiddos, huh? I tried your breakfast mix yesterday and suprisingly enough I felt very satisfied for quite some time. Usually with cereal, I am hungry within a couple of hours. It was really good too. Having it again this morning and on sunday, since that's our usual cereal day.

Weed is the same.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #43  

Suz – See, now matter how far we stray away, we can’t keep ourselves from coming back!! And glad I’m not the only one who “lost my way”!! Hope everything is going well.

Jeni – Enjoy your time off, regroup. And I’m with you, I’m sure your supervisor’s job is stressful, but he took it and I’m sure he’s compensated for the extra stress. I swear when I have to go back to work after the kids start school, I’m most worried about getting along with others, more than having to learn a new job. I’ve been working from home for the last few years and like being on my own.

Paula – you sound like such a cool grandma, I wish my kid’s had a “you” around.

Holyteror – By the time you get the gym together, do you think you’ll be sick of looking at it?!! I lucked out, my husband is a workaholic and wouldn’t let me build something if I wanted to. Of course, there are other areas he could be better, but I guess it all works out in the end.

Brandy – Those jeans sound awesome, so you must have seen/read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? That has become my favorite movie. I just wish I could fit into my sister’s jeans!! Enjoy your retreat, I envy you.

Lovemacon – Good luck for your DS’s birthday. I think I’ve decided a better choice for me would have been to just throw all the left overs away, even though I did horrible that day, throwing it all away it would have been over. I hope everyone feels better soon. I hate when the kids are sick, you feel like it’s your responsibility to just make it disappear and you can’t. Take care of yourself, no one needs a sick mommy!! Amazing how we aren’t “allowed” to be sick, just no time.

Sorry for those I missed, I guess I’m out of practice here. Have a great day and since it becomes a ghost town on the weekend, enjoy your weekend.

Okay, WEED – if I remember how to do this---

W – Already finished two bottles, would like to do two more so I won’t eat instead.
E – Did 10 minutes on the new, awesome stair climber at the gym (23 flights, .5 miles), 20 minutes on the elliptical and 1/2 mile on the track
E – Stop munching all the time
D – Get back into and stay in my “good” frame of mind!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #44  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone! TOM is here and I am determined to kick his butt this time! I'm not going to let him screw me over this time. I went to the gym today and yesterday, the first time I've ever gone during TOM. So far, I've been so-so with cravings but it's just the beginning so you never know.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #45  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls! Just a "quicky" for me today...I feel kinda left out! LOL been working the last three nights, between work/sleep/home/gym don't have much time for much else. I'm so happy to see YOU again Miss Shelby! And you Miz SUZ!

I read in today's paper one of my 7th grade teachers was convicted this week for sex with a student.....a 17yr old consentual thing, but still. I was SHOCKED. Nice guy, good teacher, but OMG!

Robert starts SOCCER tonight...so gotta go get the kids and quicky dinner and go there. At least it is reasonably sunny out there, chilly but not as bad as it has been.

Love you all fabulous girls, can't wait to catch up on these posts with a nice cuppa decaf like lunching with my friends. Guess I better get thru today. No WEED for today, it's a "short" day for me anyway (sleep all day, go to bed at night) so it wouldn't be an accurate WEED anyway. But I did go to the gym...in fact, if you're interested, I've been posting on Jeni's April Exercise challenge, I'm about 3/4 of the way down on page one. I'm up to 600 minutes of exercise already, and I've been 4 days this week, and I'm pretty sure I can tomorrow too.

Was this a quick post or am I rambling? LOL Take care this weekend. xoxoxooxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote