Old 04-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #46  

Michelle – Very nice job on the exercise. Even with how busy you are, you are fitting in all that exercise – I’m so proud of you!!

Shari – Okay, you can be my role model – I hate TOM. I figure since I’m done having kids, he should just go away, not useful anymore and no longer welcome!!! I know you can make it through.

Just a quick note -- but apparently I have to do this, maybe it will help. I am recommitting, today is the day. I just can't seem to make it through a day without binging. It just keeps going down hill and I just keep gaining weight. I know my options, gain or lose because I won't even stay the same, it's either up or down and I can't stand the thought of continuing to go up. I was feeling so great losing and was finally getting my self confidence back and crash -- in about two or three weeks I've ruined all my hard work. The idea of losing the same weight again is killing me -- but I want it gone so bad. At one point I was down to 227 and now I'm back up to 243 -- I could cry seeing the "40's" again!!

So, today's the day -- I'm going to try to be more positive, stay away from the things I know I can't eat without losing control and keep myself busy.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I'm going to think of all of you and how well you are doing even with daily stress whenever I think I might lose it and you guys can bring me back!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Shelby,
We can do this together. You just have to get the unhealthy things out of the house. I just can't have anything I can't eat in here. I buy things for the grandkids to snack on that I know I don't like. I try and keep fruit for me. Yesterday my sister brought me some mini candy bars for a late Birthday gift. I was doing so good since I didn't have any candy here from Easter. Well I ended up eating a handful of the candy bars. I just can't have it in the house and that's proof. Every bite I took I kept telling myself I shouldn't eat it.
I don't buy pop because if it's in there I drink it. I don't have any willpower so I just don't put the temptation there.
You can be back into the 230s and then the 220s. We can do this.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #48  

Thank you so much Paula!! My problem is not the particular foods, I can binge on anything, it's a control thing I guess. To be honest, after so many years of binging and previously pruging, I don't even have much left of taste buds -- nothing really tastes like anything to me -- it's just going through the motions of eating. I could binge on grapefruit!! So, I'm just going to keep myself busy, god knows I have so much I could do around here! It's the down time that gets me!

I hope you threw the candy bars away, but I bet they tasted pretty good I just need to learn, they all taste the same, so one or ten has the same benefit. Our church actually collects halloween/easter candy from the kids to send to away college students, I just never made it to church to drop any off unfortunately.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, any grandkids coming over next week? I used to adore spending time at my grandmother's, she lived next door to us -- your grandkids are so lucky to have you.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

The 13 yr old grandson spent the night last night. He likes coming here so he doesn't have to fight his parents for the computer to play WOW. The other 3 kids went to the in-laws. Tonight he is going to a geek night to play D&D with his dad and some Boy Scout friends and parents. So it looks like no grandkids tonight.
I do spoil the kids. I know that my parents spoiled my kids. They used to live across the street from up, but now live a few blocks from us in a much bigger house. They needed the room. The 3 bedroom house with very small bedrooms at that just wasn't working for 3 kids and their parents.
OK I'm off to make the kid more French Toast.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #50  
Tigga

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Hello Everyone,
Last week was not a good week for me my motivation is lacking and I keep beating myself up about it.
I wish I could just stay focused on the goal.
any advice?
How do I fit in exercise
Tigga
tigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #51  

Tigga -- Good morning. Sorry you had a bad week, I know how you feel, I've had a bad month

I luck out, I go to the YMCA while my oldest is in school and they have a kid's room for my youngest -- otherwise I would have no chance to exercise. But I find lately I still try to get a few things in during the day, a few sit ups when the kids are playing nicely, I have an exercise ball I just kind of roll around the house with me so I can use it whenever I have a spare 5 minutes or so. Could you take a 15 minute break to go for a walk a few times a week. I'm learning it doesn't have to be 1 hour of something, but little breaks here and there. I think this also helps me eat less. I eat when I'm "bored" or have some down time, but if I fill these few minutes in with exercise, I have less desire to eat. Even if when you have an urge to eat something not on plan maybe you could just walk around the house a few minutes, dance to the radio (I must say the kids like this one ), go up and down your stairs a few times if you have any, walk around the outside of the house, etc.

Hope you have a great day
Old 04-14-2007, 12:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls. Yes, it's getting close to exam time, and tons of things have been piling up, which is why I've neglected eating well and exercising...and this site. But that's going to change. I have my workout plan all laid out for the rest of April...I made a calendar and made it as my desktop background. Now I just need to DO it! Today's plan....easy day. Just Core Secrets today for 45 minutes. This was just a quickie as I have lots to do. Here's my WEED...

W - 3 cups
E - 45 minutes Core Secrets
E - 5 small meals
D - Get some homework done

Have a great weekend!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #53  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

My laptop died yesterday. Spent all day crying, eating junk, being super angry (it was only 8 months old) but apparently the harddrive is safe so as soon as I figure out how to transfer files, I will transfer them to the desktop.

I got a new laptop yesterday. Hubby got a new wireless router that isn't working for crap. Been a long weekend, but I'm going to try to get my foodplan all worked out.

i haven't finished putting together the gym (i was so tired friday night) so I'll do there here shortly. Hubby I think wants to return the router (it's an issue with their javascripting....tech support had no clue) so that'll have to be later. I also have some crafting to do but I want to finish up the gym before I start anything else.

Hope you're all having a great day
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote