Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Kate,

You are absolutely right that often the advice people give says more about them than you. If you have people around telling you you shouldn't try to do something because you might fail at it, I would take a long hard look at those people and ask yourself whether they really have your best interests at heart and whether you should continue to be friends with them. It sounds like you have a lot of toxic people in your life who don't want you to achieve your full potential because it would make them feel smaller.

Personally, I always view it as a challenge when someone tells me I can't do something. (My mother says the fastest way to get me to do something is to tell me it can't be done, lol.)

And that reminds me of another quote--I don't remember who said it--something like "The only true failure is if you never try." There's nothing wrong with failing at something. Look at failure as a learning experience. If you try something and fail, you have still accomplished more than the people who are too afraid to even try.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:45 AM   #17  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Yes, that makes perfect sense for me. I guess itīs quite the same for me...I am blocking myself if I start to have success...Itīs weird somehow. Thatīs why I love that quote!!

Strange: I first read it on the inside of a tea package. I was a bit "Huh??": yes wanted to grab a tea bag and then I read "“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most.". If I wouldīt be such a rational and catholic person (*cough, cough* ) I would have thought that my tea package is trying to make contact

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 08-28-2006 at 06:57 PM.
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate109 View Post
Yes, that makes perfect sense for me. I guess itīs quite the same for me...I am blocking myself if I start to have success...Itīs weird somehow. Thatīs why I love that quote!!

Strange: I first read it on the inside of a tea package. I was a bit "Huh??": yes wanted to grab a tea bag and then I read "“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most.". If I wouldīt be such a rational and catholic person (*cough, cough* ) I would have thought that my tea package is trying to make contact

Kate, I think you and I think a lot alike (don't take offense to that - although I might if someone compared me to me - now does that make sense ) I need to start paying more attention to my tea boxes. I almost asked "on what tea . . . ?" But then I remember MY tea boxes have quotes on them, but I never read them. I carry the quote, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined" (Henry David Thoreau) around in my purse. And do I? No. I need to carry "heed the advice of the quotes you carry around in your purse." And maybe I just might.

NOTE: Kate, I apologize - I accidently EDITED your post instead of quoting it - dumb me. So it might look a little different than what you originally posted - Sorry again I just edited out your quoting of me, I didn't delete anything you wrote. I really confused myself. But I don't want you to freak out when you see that, "edited by HCG" on your post.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 AM   #19  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho View Post
Kate, I think you and I think a lot alike (don't take offense to that - although I might if someone compared me to me - now does that make sense )
Oh, no, no offense at all!
But I know what you are meaning. FOR ME, it makes perfect sense. But maybe I am not a perfect standard of comparison when it comes to "sense"....

Quote:
I need to carry "heed the advice of the quotes you carry around in your purse."
After all, thatīs a real good idea!!
I could have some "heed the advices of the quotes you are collecting" memos all over the place. And maybe some "heed your own time schedule" stickers...

And a huge "Heed that your brother is a ******* and donīt listen and/ or get angry" sticker. Maybe tatooed somewhere.....I always forget it otherwise.

Quote:
NOTE: Kate, I apologize - I accidently EDITED your post instead of quoting it - dumb me. So it might look a little different than what you originally posted - Sorry again I just edited out your quoting of me, I didn't delete anything you wrote. I really confused myself. But I don't want you to freak out when you see that, "edited by HCG" on your post.
Uh, ok. To be honest: I havenīt realized it before you mentioned it.....

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote