Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-15-2004, 08:07 PM   #1  

Wink 11/15-11/21 Check-In

Evening ladies!

I just got back from the gym and am in a comfy, la la space (nice and relaxed after a good workout).

Today was a bit hectic, so it felt good to work it out on the eliptical (spelling?).

to you all!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:27 PM   #2  

Gosh, I wish I could say the same. It seems I completely decided against going to the gym, and instead, sat at home by myself, putting myself, yet again through another binging and purging cycle. Gosh, I wasn't hungry and don't think I'm sad or stressed, grrr!!! But, lately, I've been working on the "way I feel about things" in general, and I'm not as depressed as I would normally be after consuming all the sweets that were ever made. I gues b/c I know that for the rest of the week, I will have a good week, binge-wise. I know my cycle, and i know that there will be a few more days this week, that even after telling myself that I don't need to purge, I will! However, this week, I will change, tomorrow I'll go see my savior, my counselor from school, eat small, healthy evenly spaced meals, be happy, go to work, and end my day with a great workout! I'm not quite sure if this is what this paticular thread is for, but, I really needed to vent. THanks!
JessieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:37 PM   #3  

Hey girls! Alas another Monday is in the books. Dark clouds, gloomy skies and Jack Frost nipping on my window and on the ground. No plans this week except I have tickets to see Alexander(love history flicks!). Eating has been ok, still restricting, but my mindset is that I have to eat to be healthy. This maybe too much info, but I don't have anyone else to talk about it and it seems appropriate for this board. I think I may have gotten my period, which obviously I should know, but I haven't had one in 2 years. It's not the usual "color" but I guess it still would qualify as my period?! Not really worried, more relief that my body is getting back to normal, but still, my period stopped when I was at a much heavier weight 2 years ago. Maybe my body has finally adapted or accepted my weight??

I hope everyone is doing well, I know we can get through this week together. Any plans for thanksgiving??
Love you guys!
Vanessa
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:02 PM   #4  
Searching

I think we can be honest here as long as we don't go into the specifics or give people "tips" on behaviors. I think I am too good at what I do anyway.

I have been struggling myself. Its the isolations and tiredness mode I get into on nights. I went to meet my new therapist today. She is fun, 4'11, little ball of erratic energy. I also found out some things like there are people who are just born more sensitive. My husband set there with his eyes growing wide, that Chris. She gets overstimulated and has to leave or act out. I think he got some understanding even if I am a bit overwhelmed at this point.

I signed a contract with the therapist for the year. I start group treatment on Wednesday.

Dying from lack of sleep, but hey after tonight 36 hours down, 48 left to go.
Chris

PS. I am jealous that my son is sharing himself with his therapist. Is that normal, ya think?
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:48 PM   #5  

Hi

Never posted in this section before, even if I've known I'm an overeater for a good year or so now. Maybe two...anyway, it's like I can't stop eating. No matter what I'm doing, I find I will stop and go right into the kitchen. As I type this, I'm sitting here crunching on ice because I don't have anything else to eat in this apartment. When I try to stop, I fail miserably, I don't even last a day. Help! How do I knock this off? I need to nip this in the butt first before I can lose weight.
ali_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:12 AM   #6  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi ladies. Juju's Skinny Daily column today (or yesterday - haven't checked my email in a while) was on "Turning the Ship Around" - slowly changing your behaviors to get your life moving in a different direction. It was perfect for today. I've been feeling overwhelmed and undermotivated (lowering my dosage of Prozac probably wasn't a good idea either), but I'm trying to get my head out of my butt and make changes.

Funny thing happened last week - after all the marital stress I've had this year - I got a little religious booklet in the mail, no return address, all about the evils of infidelity. I don't think I'm in any danger of that anymore, but it made me wonder if my HP thinks I AM. Very peculiar!!

Hi again to Jessie, and welcome Ali!

Hi Vanessa, Hi Kat, Hi Chris. I hope you're on your way to sleepytown soon.

Take care, everyone!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:40 AM   #7  

Default Good morning

And welcome to our new posters.

Chris, I do that that's normal. It makes total sense.

Vanessa, that's great that your body is getting back to doing it's natural thing.

Tracy, how is the marital stuff going?

I am super busy at work right now and probably will be the next 2-3 weeks. My supervisor is at a convention then is getting married so I have the reigns for a while. Eep. Plus we have 2 new SLPs starting, so they are full of questions. A busy time!

OK, off to shower so I can get to my morning meeting. Have a great day
Old 11-17-2004, 08:30 PM   #8  

Hey girls! Alas it's Hump day and another page in my life has been written. It was another normal day filled with patient crisis's and collecting urine. LOL Out of all the things issues and problems I deal with, personally and with my patients, the one I have the most difficulty is my hunger. I mean, normally if people are hungry they eat right? With me, I try to sabotage that and not deal with it. When my stomach growls, it freaks me out and I have no clue what to do... Definetly my OCD controlling that, since I've "trained" myself into not eating in the mornings. It's getting harder to control it and I'm afraid I'll break over and eat something(which could be a piece of candy) and it will throw me into a dark hole. LOL I try to keep my humor with this, it's the only thing that keeps me going.
Kat-I suppose my body is turning back to normal? Maybe it's finally adapted to this weight and maybe I could eat normally? LOL We'll see! Congrats on having the supervisor reign!
Tracy-Did your MD lower your dosage on Prozac? Any reason why? That's such a cool sign about recieving the christian booklet in the mail!! Good omen!
I must give a warm hug to everyone tonight...chris, anna, aphil, linoleum, skippy, ceejay, michelle, sandy, christy... and everyone else I can't think of! I'm going to see Alexander tommorow night, I will dish reviews!
Love ya
Vanessa
Old 11-17-2004, 10:12 PM   #9  
Searching

Okay I am this is the end of the first 60 hours tonight, then I get a day off before I go to days for the next 24, forgive me if I am incoherent.

First DBT session today, seemed okay. I mean lots of it was like unhuh, ya I know that, HOW DO I DO IT?

Stupid tired girl stepped on the scale. Having a total case of the "How did I get so damn fat" Got to let it go. This is me today. Accept myself, my road, my recovery, this a journey not a destination. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! Do I believe it? Or is that just rationalizing my fatitude? Part of me wants to scream look at what not purging has done. But thats BS. Because my powerlessness over food and iunmanageabilty, and lack of willingness along with a good dose of rebellion has done this.

ODAT!
Chris
Sorry to dump and run everyone.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:14 AM   #10  

Default Meditation for today

Getting high on life is the best addiction.

Addicted to life--this is the way we hope to be as we move ahead in our
recovery. We give up the false highs that only too quickly let us down, and
we choose instead the lasting satisfactions of healthy living, loving
relationships, and useful work. We give up the fantasies and let ourselves
become hooked on reality.

Being open and vulnerable to what life brings us each day is a challenge
that leads to growth. Bingeing and purging, restricting and
overeating--these are defenses we put between ourselves and the rough edges
of real life. When we give up the defenses, we are more vulnerable to the
hurt of rejection, the anxiety of risk, the sadness of loss. We also become
more alive to the joy of love and friendship, the thrill of accomplishment,
the beauty of the world around us.

The more we rely on a Higher Power, the less we need false highs and
crippling defense. A new world opens, which we may enter timidly at first
but with increasing confidence as we become convinced that as we give to
life, so life gives back to us.

Today, I will be open to whatever life brings.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:21 PM   #11  
Searching

That is beautiful Kat. Exactly what I needed today

I am in alot of pain girls. My body is still recovering from months and months of self-destructive behavior. I throw my hormones off and I have been having hot flashes, terrible pain in my breasts from the inside out, and it feels like my ovaries are going to burst. Maybe TMI, but at least it is out, I have been holding the pain in and it feels good to just say, hey I physically hurt. I hope my body brings me some relief soon (a period might be nice).

Chris
Old 11-19-2004, 09:31 AM   #12  

Hey ladies! I hope everyone's Friday is going well. I took a personal day, because.....I didn't want to go to work! Hey I am honest! Well I didn't get home from the movies until 1230 and there was no way I was getting up in 3 hours to go to work. Alexander...hmmm..It was very different I must say, and really long! I guess I liked Troy better, but their history. LOL Though I've lost more weight, I've been eating better, allowing myself a wider variety of foods to eat. This maintaining crap is really hard and why do I have to be so overly ambitious at everything? I guess ambition is not a great quality sometimes.
Chris-Be open! I felt the same way too, but I realized that I have nothing to hide and it was just a part of this disease. Do you get your periods regularly?
Kat-Beautiful passage!!! That really hit home when I read it and the part on how we restrict or purge, and are afraid of the vulnerabilities of life. Wow, that's good stuff to read How's everything going?
Hey to Tracy(any plans for the w/e?), Jennelle, Michelle, Linoleum, CeeJay, Skippy, Aphil, Anna, (Ali Cat and Jessie D------Welcome!! Please post more!)
Don't know what my day has ahead for me, I'll let down this wall of restriction and just live.
God Bless and love you all
Vanessa
Old 11-19-2004, 12:21 PM   #13  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Oh Chris, I'm so sorry you're in pain!! Are you seeing a medical doctor to help you through the healing? I don't know if they could do anything anyway, but more support could only help. You're in my prayers.

I've started really journaling - honest to God!! We'll call it my Honest to God Journal. I'm logging my food, writing about it, my exercise, whatever. Since I'm one to catalog shop, I'm clipping possible future rewards and putting them in there, so if I can't do it with good health as a goal, I can use that flannel nightgown for motivation (I have a pajama obsession - probably reflects my lack of sleep since having children).

Anyway, I thought it would be really painful, but it's helping. You can't eat mindlessly when you see it there on the page. I have to think about what I've eaten.

Kat - lovely meditation. Thanks for posting it.

Vanessa - you take that personal day!! That's what they're for!!

I've got to clean and bake a cake today. Tomorrow my 'rents are coming to babysit while I go to a training class (for Church) and then we're all going to their house to celebrate DH's birthday, with Carolina barbeque (it's what we're famous for), made by the men at my mom's church. If you're ever driving through, barbeque is best made either by Methodists or volunteer firemen. It just isn't the same at restaurants.

Okay, well, Matt's sleeping, so I need to get to work. Bye for now!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:28 PM   #14  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Chris - meant to tell you, I'm sure it is normal for your son to feel more comfortable confiding in an outsider, and I know it's got to be normal for you to hate it. For myself, becoming independent meant slowly cutting away emotional strings to my mom, and we had a "good" relationship. But now we're close again.

Just wanted to tell you I heard you. And I'm not there with my kids yet, but I'm dreading it.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:02 AM   #15  

Default Late post

Hi all,

Just got back from the Spongebob movie. It was a riot. DH and I "discovered" Spongebob the morning of our wedding so he's extra special to us. It's an absolutely bizarre and wacked out movie. A lot of fun.

Chris, so sorry your in pain. It's probably going to be a day by day, hour by hour type of thing for a bit. Keep HP close and you'll get through it.

Tracy, that's awesome about the journaling! I slacked off a bit this week - thanks for the reminder.

Vanessa, I think any quality can be negative if in excess. Ithink I can also suffer from too much ambition, so I feel ya!

Our anniversary trip is the 2 nights after Thanksgiving. I am planning to bring a lot of OA material with me and make it a very program-centric vacation. Do a lot of reading, step work, journaling, etc...

Have a good night ladies.