Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 06:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Daily Thread -- Wednesday, January 28th

I'm the first one up? Okay, I've been up since 5:30, so I suppose...

Oh, Chris... What a dreadful day you had yesterday. I'm so sorry, sweetie. Do you think the sleep helped? Sometimes when we're in a mess like that, our body is just telling us to shut down for awhile! I know how hard that can be when you're working and you're a mom and a wife and a friend... but you must put yourself first. You're no good to anyone if you're not well. Physically and especially mentally. Sending you lots of love and hugs and prayers...

Sarah, how was your art class?
"You might not be in my home with me, but you are in my heart and mind."
What a lovely thing to say. We're so glad you're here with us, too. You're like sunshine.

Kat, the meatballs turned out GREAT! To my surprise. I CANNOT cook! My family were delighted, and I've got three more batches frozen for future meals.
That meeting was far too long. That's ridiculous! How on earth did you STAND it!? I would have been in SUCH a snit.
Yes, enjoy your quiet time now, because you won't get a darned minute to yourself once the babies come along.

Jennelle, you did so well yesterday! Good for you! I'm sorry Sunday was tough for you, but you got through it... you are one strong lady.

Christy, why aren't you up? Are you having another snow day?

It's almost time to get my darlings up... I think I'll try to fit in one more coffee before then.

Have a wonderful day, girls... love to all of you...
Old 01-28-2004, 08:13 AM   #2  

Good morning, girls! It's another snow day and I *need* to talk. Bear with me, please!

Chris -- (((big hugs))) I'm so sorry about your day (night?)! I could relate to everything you wrote from beginning to end; I wish I could pat you gently on the head, as my best friend and I always say. You did well and you're back on track. I think you're my hero! God is always there even when we push Him aside; He's great like that!

I was this close to my Liberty yesterday! Went out in the snow and yuck to the dealership, filled out all the paperwork, and they were getting ready to send a couple of guys to the other dealer to pick it up and then...finance guy came in and had screwed with the interest rate and the base price of it. The payment was up over $500/month. Ummm...NO THANKS! So we walked. Our credit rating is phenomenal and there was absolutely no reason for them to jack with us like that, other than to try and pad their own pockets. Maybe another day...

Jennelle -- Good for you with the cafeteria food! You're doing so well.

Kat -- Sounds like the meeting from *&%$! How did you remain attentive that long? Did your mind slip away to a happy place?

Sarah -- Great to hear from you! You seem so perky and upbeat...the world needs more of that!

Ellis -- Glad your meatballs turned out so well. I love to do freezer cooking like that. It sure helps out when you're having one of those crazy days. But, how often does that happen really?

I still have heard nothing from my sponsor; I'm sort of worried that something may have happened to her! Anyway, I was feeling sort of what the heck? yesterday. I didn't overeat or binge, but I didn't stick to my food plan either. And I convinced myself it would be okay to weigh. I've lost 6 pounds since I began really trying to do this. Of course, instead of being happy about that, I listen to that voice that says "Six pounds?! Good grief, you fat tub! You'll never get anywhere at this rate. You need to be doing a real diet and work your big butt out harder. Yada, yada, yada..."

Then there was the deal with the new car, no one was here (the boards) much to talk to, and my master's class was canceled due to the weather. I was beating myself up that my abstinence hasn't been as squeaky clean as it could be and I had no one to tell or help me. (DH doesn't know that I'm working on OA; probably would think I'm a little more flaky if he knew.) Anyway, to make a long story not quite as long , I was having myself a big ol' pity party here in the boonies. I wanted to eat, but I just couldn't do it. I'm very grateful to my HP for that and hope it shows some kind of growth (maybe).

I don't know what to do about the whole sponsor thing. I guess I don't need to email her and let her know I'm moving on since she doesn't respond anymore. I feel like such a loser.

Anyway, I'm going to be posting my food plan here for awhile until I decide what I will do about a sponsor. I hope it doesn't offend anyone if I include my food here. If you'd rather not see it, let me know!

Breakfast: egg beater omelet with turkey kielbasa and sprinkle of cheese, coffee, juice

Lunch: 1/2 can tuna with little mayo on mini bagel, spinach salad with dressing, orange

Dinner: roast chicken, 1/2 c. rice, steamed broccoli

Snack: strawberry smoothie or cucumber slices

Okay, enough of my sad story. I'll be back later with something happy and uplifting.

Hugs to all,
Christy
Old 01-28-2004, 08:35 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Christy, you are NOT a loser. (well, except for weight )
Your sponsor is the one with the problem. Didn't you say you had a few options for sponsors? (or was that the best one?)
Of course you can put your food down here! You put down whatever you like, girl. There's nothing we like better than to read about what someone else is eating.
Now stop looking at all the bad stuff in your life and take a look at the good. You're dragging yourself down, and you've got LOTS going for you. We love you!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:20 AM   #4  

Default Haven't had a chance to read...

But I wanted to say my morning hello.

I am getting my haircut after work. My usualy lady left, so hopefully I'll like this new one! I am also going over to our friends' place tonight, but I should have time to check in before that.

Have a great day.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:57 PM   #5  
Searching

Default Good Afternoon!

Hi Everybody!

I probably should still be sleeping, but I woke up and realized today is my day off and I can do whatever the heck I want. So I chose to come see what ya'll are up to.

First I want to tell you what my FP sponsor said last night. She couldn't believe I was beating myself up for a slip with a fun size Snickers. She told me that God and her had already forgiven that, and of course she was more concerned with the meals I skipped I told her I was afraid because of the nose thumbing I was doing. She told me that was a gift. I haven't felt that way or that rebellious since I have been in program. That was my gentle reminder that those bad feelings and that life can be mine again in a heartbeat. This morning I reflect with love and serenity. I am very blessed to have my sponsors.

On that note Christy thank you for the love and you will find the right person for you. Its in my prayers and God is looking out and taking care of you too!!!!!!!!! I have no problems with you posting your daily food plan as long as no one in the group objects or feels pressured by it. But here is the hard part Christy, if your going to count on us we probably need to know any deviations you make as well

You never know how DH might react to OA. My DH was real pissy at first thinking here is another diet, and its going to take time away from him. Since he has realized how important my abstinence and the program is to me this is the most supportive he has ever been. Yesterday when I was feeling blue about what had happend he came in the kitchen and cut vegetables so I could make a lovely stir fry, and more than once has he put his hand on mine and told me he will not enable my self destruction. From any of the girls who have known me for awhile this is new. He was always the when I was dieting. Another reason for me to feel blessed

Congrats on the 6 lbs lady! Here is the bigger blessing that no fad diet has to offer. No BINGEING! No feeling that tommorow will be the day when you get back on track. No heartburn. Oh and people who care about whats eating you and love you no matter what your weight is You could have gained 6 lbs and would still be the loving, beautiful woman that you are.

The car thing might be a blessing too, one extra day without an extra payment or insurance hanging over your head

Ellis-If I can cook than anyone can cook So happy your meatballs turned out lady. Have I told you lately what a sweetheart you are, look at the beautiful loving comments you had this morning. I love you girl!

Sarah- You are a doll like sunshine Looking at you and recieving your sweet PM make me realize I have the choice everyday to be happy and loving to those around me.

Kat and Jenelle- HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!

Love you all!
Miss Chris
Old 01-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

What a day! I woke up at 6:40. (I have to leave the house absolutely no later than 7:00 if I want to get to work on time, and that's IF I drive 85 miles an hour!) Threw on some clothes, threw my hair in a ponytail, brushed my teeth, choked down some microwave scrambled eggs, and left. (Forgot my lunch again...tuna fish...on the counter...)

Then, our schedule was screwed up because the second graders were having "lunch with the home folks" so we had to switch lunch periods with them. We ended up going to lunch at 10:30! I took a group I don't normally take, and then my sixth graders were INSANE because of the change in schedule.

When I got home, I ate and watched a little TV. Hubby was having one of those days where he just couldn't leave the damn remote alone. His worst habit is continually fooling with the volume, and it drives me NUTS! So, I came back to the computer and logged on to a Scrabble club I belong to. While I was playing, a friend logged on, so I asked if he wanted to play when I was done. As we were playing, I wasn't very chatty and he sent me a snide message about "sorry you feel obligated to play me." Man, it just REALLY rubbed me the wrong way! I almost told him to shut the f*** up and logged off, but I kept it (sort of) cordial and didn't log off. (This particular friend can be so damn needy...he also likes to pull the head games pity card - got that from his mom. I do NOT tolerate head games. If you pull it with me, I'm likely to tell you where you can stick it.)

Sigh. I guess venting is making me feel a little better....

At least I had an okay food day. I had a second helping of coleslaw at dinner, which I probably didn't need. I do weigh myself every week (with plenty of prayer beforehand!) and gained a half-pound last week. It is very easily explained, as this is PMS week and my boobage (as Miss Chris calls it ) feels like hot water balloons! Still, the small gain has brought up some old (bad) habits, like alternating minute-to-minute between "who gives a crap" and "let's monitor and obsess over every atom that passes my lips."

God, grant me the serenity...

Jennelle

Last edited by Jennelle; 01-28-2004 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:47 PM   #7  

Ellis & Chris -- Thanks for your kindness. It means a lot to me!

Jennelle -- I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time right now. Vent all you need to, hon. We can take it! Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way tonight.

Hope everyone is doing okay!

Love,
Christy
Old 01-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #8  

Another quick hi. I promise to actually respond and post a real post tomorrow after work.

Everything is fine - just busy. And I got a cute new haircut today.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:04 AM   #9  
Searching

Default Good Evening!

Busy day for everyone I see

Jenelle some people just are clueless about their behavior I think where most of us run against the wall is the inability to control them and their sucky behavior. You nailed it on the head.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

You had alot of things in the things you could not change category Jenelle today and you vented instead of bingeing (is it binging, it looks like bing-ing, to me if I spell it like that ) PMS for me multiplies the frustration and having sore boobage sucks. So here is a gentle hug (((((Jenelle))))))

Hi Kat

Christy, Ellis, Sarah BE GOOD TO YOURSELVES!
Much love,
Miss Chris
Closed Thread