Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #1  

Default New! Am I in the right place?

Hey everyone,
I'm new here. Googled "over eating forum support" and hoping this place will be what I need.

So in a nutshell: I am 23 years old, I have 2 kids: 4 and 2. I was 115 lbs before getting pregnant with my first child. And leveled out to 130 once she was 1 year old. Now my 2nd daughter is 2 and I am stuck at 160. I am 5'1.

The problem is that I cannot stop eating. Sugar and carbs are my poison. I have a unresolved back issue so I cannot work out until I have money to get that fixed.
I am hoping to lose 30-40 lbs by dieting/changing my eating lifestyle. I think i just have a real problem- I love food so much and I just can't stop eating. I feel so disgusting and fat that I don't ever want to have sex with my husband.. I don't feel pretty or healthy or happy- I feel so gross and am hating myself that I keep eating even though I know I need to stop!

I'm wondering if this is the right forum for me or if anyone can tell me which forum would be best for me to try? I need support to stop eating excessively, support To fight my cravings, and to feel not so alone.

Thanks

Em
Em160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:24 AM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hi Em! I don't typically read/post here, but saw your note. I'm trying to use the Beck Diet Solution to assist with weight loss/healthy eating (it's cognitive behavior therapy skills that you'll use with whatever healthy eating plan you choose) ... I'm on the upside right now, but we have a great group over in the Beck Diet Solution thread - very supportive. Not to steer you away at all but sometimes posting in a few relevant places helps with "contact" when you need it. A solid group with great support and ideas. I am struggling right now, and trying to not beat myself up over it but need to get myself on track asap

Good luck with whatever threads you call home here!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231.4/199.8/140 As of 12/19/15

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Em

I too struggle with sugar and carbs. I find if I eat any sweet/dessert item, I begin to crave them for a long time. I just spent a month overeating due to stress but also because I allowed candy on Halloween, which I shouldn't have. I can handle carbs as long as I am eating them in small portions (ie not the entire bread basket) and with something high in fat.

Could you just start small, say remove any sweets? That worked really well for me- I lost 17 pounds in a month back in August. I wasn't counting calories or anything but just eating no sweets reduced my cravings. It didn't feel so overwhelming unlike trying a complete overhaul.

To be honest, this forum isn't the most hopping around. I think the support here is far greater and more gentle than you might get elsewhere though. I don't tend to post much, but I check in every so often. I think I will post more though for now just to keep me on track. There are some subforums that are much more active than Chicks in Control so check around. But seriously, this is one of the kinder support forums (not much in the way of tough love or whatever lol, which who needs that when you're already feeling down?).

And good for you to take care of it while you are young! It comes off much easier in your 20's. I am 29 and already in the past few years I noticed calorie reduction is less effective than it was when I was 26 and under. I was a young mom too so have struggled with my weight off and on. Good luck
MovingOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote