Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #1  

Default Second day on a diet & I just binged

today is my second day on a diet..and I just binged.
i feel awful. i did portion control diet which has worked amazingly well in the past.
i need a diet buddy & plenty of hugs. i was dong great on breakfast & lunch. but dinner was a disaster because I binged.
now i have to chug lots of water and go to bed soon. staying awake with the TV on is too tempting.
lira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #2  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Hey Lira! I need to break my addiction to the desire of how it feels to stuff my self sick. I do not know why I became addicted to the full tummy feeling but I do it until I pass out asleep
I have been free from this crazy addiction since January but I did have a slip up this weekend too. Lucky for me I ate foods that were not chock full of sugar/fat salt/ preservatives so the "damage" was minimal.
I must remind myself to stop treating thirst as hunger and to drink water instead of stuffing myself.
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #3  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Binging sucks. But... I think we have to call it what it is and then try again the next day. Someone on these forums mentioned setting a time to eat and only eating at those times. Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. Have it planned, have it on time, and that way, when you find yourself in the kitchen... just get a glass of water. If you feel hungry... try munching on celery.

Just remember the guilt for now, and next time, remind yourself that eating that much isn't worth it. Tell yourself why you want to diet. What's more important, that dress, your health, or eating a brownie every night?
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

It's so easy to blame ourselves for the binge eating, but I really feel strongly that it's not your fault. The points of view about binging are so varied, but I believe it has to do with addiction to food. Just because a diet worked before, doesn't mean it will work again. Take good care of yourself and drink plenty of water. Don't weigh yourself for at least 3 days. Get back on track and also, rethink what could have caused you to binge. One of the best things I've done for myself is to eliminate flour and sugar from my diet. I eat 3 meals a day with one snack and my food doesn't have a lot of variety. I need to keep it simple for me to be able to stick to my plan. I think exercise is great for stress management, if that's a factor in the binging. It's also great for your health. I hope you can move on and love yourself because it's not your fault.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #5  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
It's so easy to blame ourselves for the binge eating, but I really feel strongly that it's not your fault. The points of view about binging are so varied, but I believe it has to do with addiction to food. Just because a diet worked before, doesn't mean it will work again. Take good care of yourself and drink plenty of water. Don't weigh yourself for at least 3 days. Get back on track and also, rethink what could have caused you to binge. One of the best things I've done for myself is to eliminate flour and sugar from my diet. I eat 3 meals a day with one snack and my food doesn't have a lot of variety. I need to keep it simple for me to be able to stick to my plan. I think exercise is great for stress management, if that's a factor in the binging. It's also great for your health. I hope you can move on and love yourself because it's not your fault.
Boom.

I stress eat. My last binge was brought on by disappointment and stress. I usually have a plan to go for a walk when I feel a stress binge coming on, and that usually works. Last time it was just raining so I went for a snack (which at the time I had allotted for) but then just went crazy. I know what caused it, I know why it happened. So, I come up with plans, I come up with alternatives. These help so much. Yes there are slip ups, yes there are mistakes. But it's how we deal with them after that count.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Doing well for breakfast and lunch and then binging at dinner can be typical and there is a reason. Portion control can be extremely effective but it is possible to restrict too much early in the day and thus "allowing" more room to eat later. Often this backfires because the restriction causes too much hunger and too much loss of control. What works for me is to have a substantial and extremely satisfying breakfast. I don't count calories but I would guess the range between 500-600 cal. This allows me to start my day satisfied. If I under eat then the feeling of dissatisfaction continues and compounds throughout the day making dinner time an inevitable binge.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

I have the tendency to binge in the evening as well. I think that Wannabeskinny is dead on - the more I restrict in the early part of the day, the more likely I am to binge in the evening. I think it is a combination of both psychological and physical reasons. Physically, I am so EXHAUSTED by the end of the day that my typical binge foods seem so appealing to give me energy. I can fix this by snacking during before the dangerous part of my day (or right before work ends). Psychologically, I am finished with work for the day. When I have spare time, I tend to think about food and eat out of boredom. To fix this, I try to find something to keep me busy, or keep me out of the house, where I am much less likely to binge. These are the kind of things that help me. Listen to your body. Find out the WHY you binge, and then you can take steps to prevent it. But don't get mad at your body - it is trying to meet your needs and doing exactly what it is supposed to do! Work with it!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #8  

thank you for the kind & encouraging response on this thread. Let's continue to support each other.

lucindaarowspark - i understand what you mean about that full tummy feeling. Nowadays I use water to achieve that full feeling. I used to get confused between thirst & hunger.

kurisitaru, i also eat more when i'm stressed. it sucks, right?

luckymommy- thanks for the tips. They are very useful for me.

wannabeskinny - I agree, sometimes I am too strict with my food intake during breakfast & lunch only to have it backfire on dinner time.

hannahbeanies- being tired at the end of the day also is a binge trigger for me. The same goes with spending time in front of the TV. i always tend to reach for snacks when I'm in front of the TV.
lira is offline   Reply With Quote