Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #76  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I could never go so long without binging before. I think that this time a number of circumstances helped me: first, I was on holiday, so my stress levels were lower; second, I started a low-carb diet and eliminated sugar and flour from one day to the next, which diminished my cravings; and then, this site gave me something to read and to write about when I felt bored. I noticed at the beginning that along the day I felt the "fridge tug" --I thought "mmm... this is the moment when I would go for that piece of cake...", but didn't do it, and rather thought about the emotion that I was trying not to feel. And yes, the more I stayed away from sugar and refined flour, the easier it got. Now I just don't think about eating if I am not hungry. I even find it hard to eat everything I should eat... When I remember the madness of going for food, eating and then getting up again to get more, and more, and then feel like puking... OMG, I hope that is over for good!
During January, instead of eating, I analyzed my emotions and tried to find the reason why I was feeling the fridge tug; that helped a lot, because I could identify my stressors. Now that I cannot resort to food for comfort --it is just out of the question--, stress surfaces with other symptoms, like allergies. But I don't worry, because I am confident that in time my mind/body will adapt and I will find an outlet in exercise. It is so hot here --today we can breathe, at least-- that doing outdoor activities is not healthy, but in some days, when the weather changes, I will get new sneakers and start a good fitness plan.
Danzing, 14 days is a great success! The first days are the most difficult ones! You'll see that you will get to the end of Feb and we will all celebrate!
How are the others in the thread doing? Are you feeling less cravings as you go along?
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #77  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for answering my question inglesita! today was my first day back at work after a vacation- I decided over last week that due to several factors- I just need to be done working there and find something new. Came home grumpy from another day of the same old and made myself lunch- I just wanted to eat, and eat, and eat. You know what I did? I kicked those cravings in the a$$!! Made myself a healthy "paleo" brownie and had some Greek yogurt, made a hair appointment to pamper myself- and here I am- 15 days binge free! I'm
so stinking proud of myself. I had even OPENED a macadamia but clif bar (those TOTALLY set me off for some reason) looked at it, and threw it away. Food does not control me.
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #78  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

nice work danzingurl

well i am here to hapily report that i haven't binged in a month and maybe even more... i didn't count it. plan is to made it trough february and march.
i also lost a few pounds and i had my period after 3 months ..so double yay
it's so funny that my bff and i always have our tom at the same time lol
i have doctors appointment on thursday and i'm doing bioresonance ...it checks your whole body for illnesses and candida...anyone had any experience with it?
and i've been spending like crazy lately plus tomorrow i have to pay my car insurance which is a total ripp off. i'm already stressing about it and i hope i won't cave into binging :/
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #79  

missunshine, danzingirl, you are doing great! Isn't it wonderful to feel so much in control? Today I was a little low with my calories (barely above 1000), so I remembered my 20 year-old DS gave me chocolates for St Valentine (well, I brought up my 3 DSs with huge Oedipus complexes... LOL). I googled how many cals they had, and I found out each has 50 cals. I took two (there were six left), and ate only two. They were delicious! I doubt I would have enjoyed them that much had I eaten the six chocolates. Two was enough, there are more left for my sons, and I feel in control. And I only ate 1100 cals, 100 under my daily allowance!
Come on, chicks, one more week to go!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

My weekend was pretty bad...I binged a bit on Friday and A LOT yesterday (had a long weekend). Really though i NEVER binge like this unless i'm dieting. I am sure it's because my body craves food--a natural thing when you're eating at a deficit. I didn't binge because of any emotional issues.

So here's my plan for future weekends (which seems to be when i've been binging): if i feel the need to eat more than my planned calories, i can, but only healthy, non-binge foods: meat, cheese, vegetables, and fruit. I could see myself eating an extra 1000 calories if i were to eat a steak or something...but that would still be less calories and healthier than the crap i ate last night. Plus it would fuel my body instead of make me feel disgusting. That would be a true "refuel" rather than a binge. This will not be easy but i'm going to try it. I need to stop using hunger as an excuse to binge on crappy carbs. Not allowing nuts or nut butters either because i've DEFINITELY been known to put away a large part of a jar of peanut butter just eating it right out of the jar.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #81  
Jessica

Surfergirl- I think that sounds like a great weekend/hunger plan. It helps me to be able to fill up on healthy food- that way I don't feel deprived but I don't feel like ive "ruined and should give up" either

Missunshine- it's good to hear that you're doing so well! Don't let that stress get to you!

Inglesita- as always- keep up the good work!

Day 16 for me and 1 day until my audition! I could use some good vibes/ crossed fingers/ prayers from anyone with any to spare! ;-) we're almost through february, let's finish out strong!!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #82  

Danzingirl, you will kick ***! You'll do wonderfully well! If we can master food, which used to be our problem, we can master anything. :
As to overeating because of hunger or boredom, it is something we can prevent, so maybe we should have a stock of healthy goodies for those critical moments. When I started trying not to binge I mixed some blue cheese with low-fat cottage cheese and used it as a dip for celery sticks. That kept me munching and was quite filling and low cal. How about the rest, what do you recommend to fight boredom and hunger and to stay away from salt/sugar/flour?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #83  
Jessica

thanks inglesita! No danger of a binge today-- I'm so nervous I've completely lost my appetite. Auditions used to be NO big deal but Im just getting back into it after a year.. and I forgot its scary!! But I AM happy to say that I've made it 17 days.

I like to read to fight the boredom binge.. pb2 has been a LIFESAVER for me also. celery with low-cal dressing.. non fat cottage cheese... caned tuna with soy sauce or mustard...
Old 02-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #84  

gooood luck danzigurl
i'm still binge free. but last night i came from work and ate a big sandwich and a big piece of chocolate, but only because i went ot that bioresonance therapy yesterday and the guy told me that i have candida and i have to follow a special diet for at least 17 days...no sugar, no wheat, fruit,...
it wasn't a big deal for me but i don't know if i should go back. it's quite pricey but the boy was so cute and we talked like we've known each other for years. lol. he told me that i have trouble with gluten which i suspected already and that i eat too much bread and fruit. also i have problems with my digestion but he didn't found out about my skin problems but i will mention to him if i go next time.
the feeling that something is forbidden for me to eat makes me want it even more but that was only yesterday and i hope that i will make it for 17 days.
oh and i went to work yesterday after two months and my boss said that i look like i lost some weight ....maybe he was just polite but i don't think that 6 pounds is so noticeable.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #85  

Ugh once again back down to 154 at the end of the week. I've been binging every weekend and it takes the whole week to get back down to 154. This weekend i'm breaking the cycle. I may not lose...but my only goal is to not to gain and sabotage a week's worth of work.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #86  
Jessica

Thanks missunshine! I got a callback for tomorrow and it's the last day so I'm very stressed but I've stayed strong! 20 days! I can hardly believe it! And congratulations on your boss noticing your loss!!

Surfergirl- good luck on staying strong! you can do it!!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #87  

Stay strong, people! Plan your snacks ahead and don't eat anything outside that plan!
Four days to go and our month will be complete!
And now for my self-kudos, today it's 8 weeks without binging... I can even eat crackers and not get fridge-crazy as I used to do.
You can do it, one day at a time and keeping your carbs low... I want to hear about how you are doing!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #88  

woo hoo 1 more day left and i will be binge free in february + half of the january. it seems a bit unreal to me and i'm really proud of myself and all of you guys
i'm 99,9% sticking to that diet no wheat no sugar and i can really feel the difference ..i feel better and i missed this. but i crave pizza and some pie so much. i just hope i get rid of this candida.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #89  

Well, i binged once over the weekend, which was an improvement over the last few weekends, when i've binged twice. I am down to 153.5 today. Hope i can maintain this weight until the 1st of the month and then i will be on track.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #90  

Two more days to go, people! We'll make it!