Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #1  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I need your help please

Why??
I am so motivated and want to loose the weight but I can't stop myself from eating! Yesterday I did awesome while I was at work,I walked a mile, I had my breakfast, lunch and snack all planned out and that is all I ate and then I go home... that is a whole different story. I ate my salad like I planned but knew that there was still pizza in the fridge from over the weekend. I promised myself I wouldn't touch it but guess what, I did . Then I had a bunch of pretzels. After I ate it I felt terrible. I don't know what I can do to stop myself from doing this.... I want to loose the weight so bad but for some reason I can't do it. All I ever think about is my next meal and when I can eat again.

Today I had cheerios for breakfast, then a little later I will have a banana for a snack, sandwich for lunch and stir fry with brown rice for dinner. I am hoping I do not do what I did yesterday and screw up another day that I will never get back.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hi Blue Eyes! Don't rely on motivation - count on commitment. You CAN do this - Take some time to change your surroundings if you haven't already - freeze/get rid of the items that won't help you eat healthy and reach your goal. Be positive - don't hope you don't do something - plan TO DO something. Add into that that you'll do some stretching or some activity as well. Then you're adding in things that are positive reinforcement. Not thinking of what you did yesterday. That's gone. You're off to a great start today! Add in as many veggies and fresh fruit and that'll help as well!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

perhaps you are eating out of bordem? if so, take up solitaire or go for a walk. you'll feel better after.
i have the same issue, you just have to beat it. don't let food control your life... i know, easier said than done!
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you were genuinely hungry then you might want to re-evaluate your meals- you might not be eating enough calories. That is what would cause me to binge at night until I learned to eat more calories during the day and less at night.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #5  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Are you drinking anything with caffeine? That is a huge trigger for me. I would prep some super easy on plan snacks to have available for week moments. I get Mott's apple slices in my produce dept. at the supermarket. Their just 35 calories a pack. The fiber, pectin, and sweetness are great for those craving moments.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #6  
~*Regina*~

Thanks everyone .

I want to eat between 1250-1500 calories a day. I have fruit and veggies in the diet but I just crave being full and I am not getting that feeling.

Sea - I am proud to say I only have 1 little glass of diet coke a day, I drink lots of water instead.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #7  
Never Never Never Give Up

S/C/G: FATTER/FAT/HEALTY

Height: 5'6

Hang in there! We can do this! I know it's hard. Maybe when you open that fridge, instead of grabbing the pizza, grab a fruit! I know its easier said then done! Good Luck!
BlueEyedWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #8  
mandagrl

S/C/G: 268.4/248/199

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

I know exactly what you're feeling. That awful, empty almost sick feeling in your stomach. I know it well. I can say that the best thing to get rid of it is to do whatever you can to not fulfill it for a few days. Your stomach expands with the more you put in it in one sitting (IE: a binge), so the next time you eat, it wants more to fill up. Not overfilling it again it will eventually shrink it back down to where you'll feel fuller with less food.

When I feel that way, I will make me some decaf coffee. It's rich in flavor, but no caffiene to trigger the binge. I also like to chew some gum or just distract myself by going somewhere in the house where I'd never eat, like to take a hot bath for example. Also, try and find things that are more dense and stick with you than salad or even fruit. Something like oatmeal will help or if you do fruit, have something like a bananna w/ a tsp of peanut butter on it.

Also-telling someone helps me. I will call my best friend, or tell my husband, "I've eaten all I need today, please don't let me get into anything bad for me", so that at that point, even if I sneak it, I know the guilt won't be worth it if he asks me how I did.

Hang in there girlie and remember failure only happens when you fully give up. This is just a hiccup in your plan and I know you'll be back on track!

Last edited by mandagrl1; 01-05-2011 at 04:56 PM.
mandagrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #9  
~*Regina*~

I am a shy person and I don't really talk to my friends about how I really feel about my weight and myself. That's why being on the forum makes me feel better knowing I can talk to all of you and tell you how I really feel since everyone is in the same boat as me.

I will try some decaff coffee but I only like the flavored ones . I am going to look into how bad it is for you. Isn't caffeine suppose to help you feel less hungry? All the diet pills out there have it in them.

Well I am happy to announce I have lost 3lbs since Monday . Wish it was coming off faster but any weight loss is better then nothing.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #10  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Hey, BlueEyes.

One thing I noticed about your original post--the menu you describe (Cheerios, banana, sandwich, brown rice) derives a lot of its calories from carbs. If you're having issues with hunger still, you may want to consider adding more protein and healthy fat to your meals.

Every body is different; some people thrive on low-fat, high-carb plans while others find carbs just make them hungrier in the long run. Sometimes it takes a little trial and error to find out which proportions work well for you.

I'm a calorie-counter and don't do well on low-carb or low-fat. For me, what works best is incorporating a little of at least two and preferably all three types of foods in my meals. An apple won't fill me up, but an apple and a cheese stick will. Cereal with skim milk for breakfast leaves me hungry an hour later, but cereal with whole milk works. My salads always include meat, cheese, and/or nuts to supply fat and protein along with the fiber and carbohydrate; without those things mixed in, a salad will paradoxically leave me hungrier than no food at all.

It's all a matter of trial and error. The good news is that the worst that can happen is you discover that some staples don't work for you and need to be replaced. The best that can happen is that you find things that make all of this vastly easier.

Congratulations on your first three pounds! May they be followed soon by all their unwanted brethren.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190S/188C/135G

Height: A hair under 5 ft.

Nola-great advice! Carb thing is what I was thinking after reading initial post.

Blue Eyes- Caffeine does curb my appetite somewhat. Just be careful. Everyone is different. Be aware of what you put in your coffee tea etc. Sugar in my coffee made me want to eat so I switched to a sweetener ( a natural one) As Nola stated I would make sure to mix protein with carbs all the time. I used to think "I only had a bowl of plain grits cereal etc. but that would trigger that binge cause your body responds that way to those kinds of carbs.

Im new here so I hope this was helpful. Lets learn together
worktobedone00 is offline   Reply With Quote