Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250?/Happiness

Height: 5'7"

Default Success?

The summer after my freshman year of high school, I was the thinnest I'd been all my life wearing size 8s. I'd just gotten contacts, I had hooked up with an upper classman, I was tap dancing and doing ballet twice a week, and I was, in my mind, pretty damn awesome. I visited the UK with a international learning group and during those 6 weeks of living with 8 other girls, all at least two sizes smaller than I was and constantly talking about how incredibly fat they were, my mind completely warped and I spiraled to patterns of binging and purging as well as starvation.

Here I am now, the summer after my freshman year of college. After all these years of up and down and now an incredible therapist, today marks one month without purging for me, the longest I've ever gone.

I used to be so incredibly ashamed because I was binging and purging but I wasn't ghastly thin like some of the other girls I knew who were living the same cycle. I thought I had no one to talk to and that only continued my behavior. When I was binging I was convinced that I was finally in control of my life and only now do I see that I was so entirely wrong. I'm so happy to be in control of my food and life and not have it controlling me.

I wanted to share this with you guys because I wanted to see if maybe someone else was on the same track, needed encouragement or just wanted to hear it could be done.
broadwaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #2  

I was always the biggest one of my sisters. I finally just learned after all of these years that there will be some who look better and some worse, but it's all about health and not looks!
wunnalosemore is offline   Reply With Quote