Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-08-2009, 12:40 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

I was thinking about eating some more but after reading these posts I am going to stick it out!
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #92  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

One night with the ILs down, six to go. (26 days binge free!)

My washer broke yesterday. I have houseguests and a mountain of laundry and no washer.

Something's wrong with my car.

Eating will not solve these problems. Eating will not solve these problems. Repeat!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #93  

Thanks for the support. I have picked myself up and dusted myself off. That was a one time binge and it will not happen again.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

^^ good for you! Keep it up!

I've been reading all week, almost afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing myself.

Today starts Day 9 since my last eating "episode" and Day 5 that I stuck to my food plan!
Also, my son's Halloween candy is still here and I've taken it out to give to him, but haven't taken any since being back on OP.

I keep saying I'm trying the best I can, not for perfection -which is what always gets me in trouble.

Last edited by BethC; 11-08-2009 at 07:18 AM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #95  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Well I'm starting day one again binge free, so depressing that I screwed up yesterday. I didn't want to start all over again!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! Great job to those of you doing so well! So many days on track is really impressive! Sorry to those who had some slip ups but we've all been there and you know exactly what to do to regain control and can do it!! I had a minor slip last night but I was just so hungry after running 8 miles! I haven't quite figured out how to control my eating on these long run days but I guess practice makes perfect, so I'm not counting it as a total binge. So I guess I'm on day 4! We're all in this together! Let's be strong!!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #97  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Sorry to report I binged last night, and bad. I felt like I was going to throw up and I still kept eating. I haven't binged like that in a LONG time.

Today's day 1 again, though, and I'm determined that this next week I am GOING to make it past 5 days (that's my record so far).
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I so badly wanted to binge last night...and all the conditions were right. My dad cooked dinner, it was all healthy, but I definitely had a bit too much, and two cookies afterwards. Then, I had a two handfuls of chips a couple hours later. I so badly wanted more cookies and some of the Halloween candy we have lying around. But, I didn't! I stopped myself. Brushed my teeth, went to my room and read a book. It's amazing. When I'm downstairs, in front of the TV, feet away from the cookie jar, it's all I can think about. But when I'm upstairs, in my room, the cravings are so much more subdued. I really have to push myself to remove myself from the the situation, but once I do, things get better. I have to remember that and put it into practice more often.

So, while I wasn't perfectly on plan yesterday, I didn't binge either!

Stay strong everyone! Finish the week off on a positive note!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #99  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

peachykeen and fruitlady, good for you two for getting right back up and continuing on with your journey.

paris, I had the same feeling about my bingeing until I found 3fc. I thought I was the only one who did it. I was never a big binger but my desire to do this behavior always scared me until I saw that other people face the same problem and are dealing with it successfully.

KarenLee, I'm glad this thread averted a binge for you. That's the idea! Regret is so much harder than aversion.

to everybody else. Stay strong. Don't beat yourself up if you have stumbled. Whatever you do, don't give up on yourself and don't quit. Instead of eating, think about what is eating at you to make you want to eat...and then confront it. I'm trying to work on this right now.

I'm on Day 2 today. Day 2 is kind of misleading, though, because I had gone a whole month binge-free and then slipped up twice over the course of 2 days. I think that from now on I am going to start keeping track of how many days, whether consecutive or not, I am binge-free, rather than just the number of consecutive days I go without bingeing.

If I can cut my bingeing down to a few days out of the whole year that will make me very happy. Of course, ideally I want to eliminate this behavior entirely. Like Ward said, eating will not solve my problems. When I face my problems head-on I am less likely to want to eat my emotions away. The problem is that weight loss brings out so many emotions for me that I had previously stuffed down w/ food and it's hard to confront those feelings that I had been ignoring. However, it's one of those things in life that you just have to do if you want to move forward and become the best possible version of yourself.

I have lots of cleaning to do today as well as some errands to run so I'll just close by saying hope everybody has a great binge-free day!
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

today was day 7 for me. I had a big breakfast.... with carbs, which would normally trigger my binge..... but I did not do it. I stuck it out. I truly want to finish losing the weight.

Thank you so much for the accountability!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Today---- after my big breakfast was by far the hardest! It truly is a habit..... but I made it. I am shooting for Thanksgiving!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

hi all.... just joining this 'challenge' - joined the site only a couple of weeks ago! Anyway, had a big binge last night, and this entire wknd really, so today is day 1 for me! However, it has been a good day! I've eaten only good foods today: apple with all natural peanut butter, banana, hardboiled eggs, coffee (ok, maybe only good for my mental state...), skim string cheese.. anyway, i wanted to be in the 160s before thanksgiving, and seeing as though thats next week, i dont see that happening, but if i could just see a loss this week that would be great! I love the idea of posting often to keep me on track!!
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote