Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #76  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

ladyrider, wooohooo on not bingeing! I'm assuming you're talking about McDonald's. I just googled McRib because I had no clue what it was.

As for me, I ate my salad for dinner (a ton of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, black olives, cabbage, peas, a little bit of corn, turkey slices, 1/2 slice havarti cheese, balsamic vinaigrette dressing) in a mixing bowl and was totally satisfied and full afterwards. I'm not sure if I even have room for watermelon--will probably have some for a treat tomorrow.

Going for a short run in a bit--just have to let my food digest. I already exercised this morning, but I feel like I should exercise again to burn off some of those cookies and candy from the last couple of days.

I really need this accountability right now. This thread (and you girls) have totally turned my day around and got me back on track. Now I just need to continue to stay on plan through tomorrow and I should be good.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

I just put my kids to bed and my dh is gone on a business trip so it is just me and the TV and a bunch of junk food calling my name. Nighttime is so hard!!

I weighed myself at the gym today and I am almost back to where I was before my halloween binge.

Six days....:c arrot:
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

start of day 6 for me! Here I go.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 6 for me too!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #80  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I'm on day 7! I lost all the halloween binge weight and more. I noticed that since I'm not binging, I can't eat as much as I used to for the past 2 days. I get full much quicker. I think binging stretches your stomach and it takes longer then to get full. Did anyone else experience this??
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! You're all doing so well, it's awesome!! I'm on Day 3 of my 21 day challenge and feeling stronger with each passing day. Fruitlady, I totally know what you mean about your stomach stretching out. I find when I get into those stupid binge modes, I'm more hungry throughout the day, probably because my stomach is bigger and needs more to fill it up. My weight drops pretty quickly too when I stop bingeing, like a pound a day, so I'm easing back to my normal maintenance weight...woohoo! Good job everyone! Keep up the great work!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #82  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

fruitlady, yes I have experienced that same exact thing. When I binge it feels as if my stomach does stretch out and then when I go back to eating a smaller amount of food it goes back to a more normal size. I love getting full on less food.

I am doing well. Exercised this morning and then came home and had an egg, slice of whole grain toast and a Jersey apple for breakfast. Drinking water as I type. Scale was up 1 lb this morning from ticker weight but I suspect it is water weight and I am also on my period right now so I expect to be back to ticker weight by tomorrow or Monday.

It sounds like everybody is doing well, even in the face of temptation. I don't think I'll ever be totally cured of my bingeing but if I practice mindfulness then I won't succumb to it as often.

Have a great Saturday all!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #83  

Good morning chicks!

I agree with the stomach stretch thing. It is a similar thing to when i cut out sugar, anything that is really sweeteened tastes TOO sweet. Or when I cut out processed food, how any processed food tastes bad. I used to live with a couple body builders/fitness nuts and they believed that whatever you eat, that is what your body will crave. My father-in-law did an in-patient weight loss program at Duke University and they were big on going low sodium. They believed that it is the salt that fuels a lot of cravings.

All i know is that it works for me; the healther I eat, the easier it is to keep eating healthy. Binges are really something different tho, because I can binge on healthy food just as easily.

Now that I haven't binged, the weight has come off quickly. Now I am hitting more of my typical plateau. I will continue to not binge, but I don't know if I will continue to lose (certainly not at the rate I have). At this point I am not going to worry about it. It is more important to me to stop the binging than losing weight.

I am on day seven binge-free! I could not do it alone!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #84  

I am curious, what is your primary/secondary goal? Losing weight or not binging?
Old 11-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #85  

Darn, I binged for the first time in a looooooong while today. I feel horrible and ill and sick. My stomach is in so much pain. It's never been like this before. My stomach has shrunk. Never, ever again. Tomorrow will be Day 1 again.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #86  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Hi Chicks, I feel so guilty, uncomfortable and bloated right now. I blew it! I was on day 7 binge free and I just lost control. It always happens when i start eating lunch. I get done with lunch and I'm full, but for some stupid reason ( I don't know what yet) I continue eating for an hour and a half straight, non stop. I ate everything I could get my hands on. Thankfully I only have healthy low fat foods around the house, but binging on healthy stuff is just as bad. I will probably gain 3 of the 4lbs. I just lost from my Halloween binge. It will take me another 6 days to lose it! It's just not worth it. I am so done with binging , I'm not eating anything else for the rest of the night!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Peachy and fruitlady, don't be so hard on yourself. Get back up tomorrow, dust yourselves off and try again!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #88  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

KarenLee, in my experience whenever I have done well with not bingeing I have also lost weight so I would say they go hand in hand, but then again I have never been at an ideal weight in my adult life so I was consciously trying to lose weight. As a teenager/adult I have always been between 5-30 lbs overweight. With that said, though, I do think stopping the bingeing is more important than losing weight.

For me sugar is a big binge trigger, salt not so much. I don't consume a ton of salt anyway and never add any to my food because I just don't like it all that much. Sugar is the for me though. Makes my depression a million times worse and makes me want to eat and eat and eat.

peachykeen and fruitlady, i second ladyrider's comment. Don't continue the binge. Dust yourself off and get back up. You are both stronger than this. Take a walk, read a book, drink some tea, anything to get your mind off of food for a while.

I'm doing OK. I had a mint and a blowpop (60 cals) but that was to stave off worse cravings so even though I normally don't eat blowpops it was OK for today.

I'd like to know how people who are struggling today are doing. Remember, you can turn things around any time you choose. You have (and always have had) the power.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #89  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Ladyrider and Esperanza, thanks for your comments, you chicks always make me feel better. I'm so glad I found this site. It's 9pm right now and I am still full from the binge today, so I have not eaten anything else. I don't plan to either, I've had enough for today. Tomorrow I will start again as day one binge free. I should have posted a binge emergency before I pigged out, I probably would not have done it. I sure will next time I get the urge. Thanks again!!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

So many common experiances here, it's amazing. I always think I'm a freak, turns out a lot of people struggle with this strangeness.

Almost binged today, really wanted to buy junk at the grocery store today, but I resisted.

Tomorrow will be Day 7!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote