Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #16  
i'm on my way

S/C/G: 143/136/125

Height: 5'5

i read in a magazine that it's harder to lose weight when you have low self-esteem. it ends up becoming a horrible cycle!

whenever the scale is higher than i expected, i definitely do not try as hard and feel a little more hopeless. the best advice i can give you is to get a few really good days under your belt---it will be hard--but the motivation will start kicking in because you'll start feeling better and seeing results.
sleepandfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepandfood View Post
i read in a magazine that it's harder to lose weight when you have low self-esteem. it ends up becoming a horrible cycle!

whenever the scale is higher than i expected, i definitely do not try as hard and feel a little more hopeless. the best advice i can give you is to get a few really good days under your belt---it will be hard--but the motivation will start kicking in because you'll start feeling better and seeing results.
Boy, this is the truth! I'm trying hard to stay within my calories today, but it's sure difficult when you figure, "why bother?". I'm feeling VERY hopeless today.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Truffle, you need a hug! And you need some new clothes.
I do that too--don't buy myself anything new, and then hibernate, because my old clothes don't fit--but that makes you feel worse about yourself, which is something that leads to overeating. Target has some cute things for under $40--maybe just one nice outfit, that can be your "going out" outfit?
And I know, sometimes getting one day under your belt is the hardest thing, but after you do, things look a whole lot more promising. So just focus on one day. Make that your entire goal.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/149/105

Height: 5'2

you know, you shouldnt feel bad at all! i've done that several times in the past: I would get fed up from exercising and exercising and dragging my lazy butt to the gym..and put on a pair of jeans which i knew id fit into perfectly, the stupid button wouldnt even close....and id run into the kitchen and eat ICE CREAM, BROWNIES, all that good stuff..! we;ve all done it..

now, if i cant fit it, i do get a little annoyed but its ok. i know better that going into the kitchen to snack on something will just make me feel even worse.

instead, come on the forum and let out your frustrations to us...we are all going through the same thing...

Last edited by joyinSF; 07-13-2009 at 04:18 PM.
joyinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHungryHippo View Post
Truffle, you need a hug! And you need some new clothes.
I do that too--don't buy myself anything new, and then hibernate, because my old clothes don't fit--but that makes you feel worse about yourself, which is something that leads to overeating. Target has some cute things for under $40--maybe just one nice outfit, that can be your "going out" outfit?
And I know, sometimes getting one day under your belt is the hardest thing, but after you do, things look a whole lot more promising. So just focus on one day. Make that your entire goal.
Thank you for the hug.

I actually put in an order at Woman Within for some tops to wear with my church skirts, and a couple of new nightgowns. I've been looking like a rag bag for too long. It'll be depressing if the clothes don't fit when they get here though. That's the only challenge with ordering online. You never know.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote