Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #31  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hello! I'm so sorry I haven't been on 3fc for a while now but I have been thinking of you all I have been binge-free for about two-three month now and am rarely even thinking about food as a cocmfort. The pounda after a long time of manitenence are beginning to slowly come away again and I just wanted to come by and tell you all to hang in there! Being comfortable with eating and banishing guilt is so wortwhile, so never give up! If anybody ever needs to vent or pm me please do!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #32  

I'm still hanging on by the skin of my teeth..but so far I'm two days out and I'm not overeating...

ASoutherner~
ASoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #33  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

^ Me toooo!! Not only is it Friday (the dreaded weekend, ugh) but I'm feeling a little frustrated/disappointed about something that happened at work today. Literally the ONLY thing that is keeping me from binging today is the fact that when I weighed in this morning, I was 169.6 lbs!! The first time I have EVER seen the 160s since my pre-puberty days, heh. It felt SO awesome, and I am NOT going to throw that into the trash with a binge. I am entering the weekend in the 160s, and I want to leave it still in the 160s, d*mnit! Hehe.

Today is my 12th binge-free day... Wish me luck getting through this weekend without binging! And good luck to all of you ladies, as well. We can do it.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:49 AM   #34  
ida

Hey, Star2Be, congratulations on the weight loss and 12th binge free day! And resisting to binge when the urge is there is hard, that's strong of you. I hope you can keep that strenght during the weekend!

And thank you all for welcoming me. I'm only into day two, but I really feel fit for fight this time, and I'm sure this forum will help me stay that way. ^_^

Have a nice weekend!
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #35  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

wow lauren, its great to hear from you again and that you are doing well.
Bella has been by too recently, and you are both great supports for others' struggles.
Well done everyone. DOn't let the weekend turn into a binge festival.
Enjoy yourselves without making food an issue.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #36  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I am going on day 27 binge-free/OP. I weighed myself this morning and saw 211.8lbs - I took out my other scale and weighed myself...It read 211.9lbs. But I think I am getting a stomach flu, so, I am not taking that as official weight. We'll see how things are by tomorrow (my weigh in for a challenge).

Anyways. I am going out tonight with some friends. I've been doing very well and after being very restrictive last week, I think it's time to enjoy a nice night out to eat - but not over doing it.

Good luck this weekend, ladies!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #37  

Day 3 and I haven't binged...

Scale hasn't budged though but 3 days isn't a long time ...

Dang

ASoutherner~
Old 03-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #38  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Ay yi yi. I'm afraid I have some bad news to report today... After 12 totally kick-a**, binge-free days... The binge monster finally won. It could be worse, because the food itself really wasn't that bad--I basically just had a few too many "bars" (3 Fiber One chewy bars and a Luna bar!) and a LOT of peanut butter. So it certainly can't compete with my most impressive binges, but it still felt like a "binge" to me because I know that I lost control, was eating when I certainly wasn't hungry, etc. It's so frustrating, because I don't even know what caused it! I had been feeling totally fine, and had just finished a totally healthy lunch, and then all of a sudden I just decide to stuff my face with all that crap?! I know it's just granola bars, but they are totally packed with sugar... And the peanut butter has so much fat and calories that I don't even want to think about it.

I feel pretty ashamed now, but I guess that's the reason why I wanted to start joining these threads in the first place... For accountability. At least it feels kind of good to be able to confess and move onward. And I'm still very proud of those 12 binge-free days! Next time, I'll go even longer!

Tomorrow will be day one again.

Last edited by Star2Be; 03-07-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #39  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Star - You have the right idea - just start again tomorrow.

Today is day 5 for me and I made it through being alone in the house this afternoon (big trigger for me). I'll be alone again tonight and I plan to stay the course.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 219/TICKER/145

Height: 5'10"

Hi Girls! I'm new to this thread but I think it's a great one!!! Binging is what caused my weight gain to begin with.

I'm on day 5 without a binge and I feel great! I'm following the WW plan and I eat when I'm hungry without binging.
Like a lot of you I LOVE the Fiber One bars. My favorite is a new one, strawberry and almonds! I bring two to work with me every day and eat one midmorning and one midafternoon to avoid the cravings monster that sometimes hits me on my drive home and makes me stop at McDs or the local Chinese place.

Good luck everyone!
whiskeygirl862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #41  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Star2Be - Don't get down! You are doing awesome. At least you binged on good stuff. It won't effect your efforts. It may even boost it a little bit (shock yerrrr bodddddy). Haha. And those FiberOne bars are tricky. I love them and it's so hard not to eat just one more.

Good luck on day one!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #42  

Hi all...I'm going into day 4 without bingeing...

I wish us all luck for today to be easy on us

ASoutherner~
Old 03-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #43  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Day one again! I'm going to make it to 13 and beyond this time... (Ya hear that, binge monster?)

WormwoodDoll - Funny you should say that, because according to the scale I did have a loss today! But I don't know whether to trust it... I mean I guess the binge wasn't THAT damaging, but it just doesn't seem possible that I could have actually lost weight after that. Here's a toast to "shocking your body"!!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I know this is the last day of the week, but it will be Day 1 for me. I will check back tomorrow after a really rough few days (weeks? years?)
badbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #45  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Hi badbaum! You might have had a couple of rough days - or weeks, or years (?! hehe ) - but now you're on your way to a looong string of GOOD days, weeks, and (hopefully!!) years! Since we're starting over at almost the same time, let's challenge each other to see who can stay binge-free the longest. No pressure or anything of course, but IMO a little friendly competition never hurt anyone!