Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #31  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Ohhhh, that taco bell.......
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #32  

Just wanted to report in I've been on two walks in the last 24 hours (40 minutes last night and 20 minutes this morning)! Is that a trend I see starting?
Parsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #33  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsp View Post
Just wanted to report in I've been on two walks in the last 24 hours (40 minutes last night and 20 minutes this morning)! Is that a trend I see starting?
I think it might be, Parsp.

I've been walking every day and have only had two "drink days" this week, which is exactly the "flip" I was hoping for.

Let's keep it goin'!!!!!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

I don't think I could ever give up alcohol! I'm in university so the tequila and vodka are often involved in my nights out. Since going on a diet I stick to shots or diet rum and coke. So far I haven't found that it stalls me.
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #35  
I'm back!

S/C/G: 144/127/120

Wow - I can totally relate! I haven't read the entire thread yet, so will probably come back to comment more after I've done so (We're getting off early today, so I'm about to head out the door!) Just wanted to say that red wine is my downfall also. I have made a conscious effort to only drink on weekends (Fri-Sun) and it really helped. Unfortunately, I met a friend for dinner on Tuesday and ended up having a few glasses of cabernet. Hence my inability to meet my goal this week.

This weekend is going to be tough with the holiday and all but I'm going to try to have vodka and soda water instead, since it's less calories and sugar, and try NOT to go overboard. Wish me luck!
Lil Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #36  
blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm177 View Post
I don't think I could ever give up alcohol! I'm in university so the tequila and vodka are often involved in my nights out. Since going on a diet I stick to shots or diet rum and coke. So far I haven't found that it stalls me.
Yeah, I don't know if in my future I could/would give up *anything* entirely. Who knows how my tastes may change or what sort of changes I'll experience physically, emotionally, or otherwise!

I'm glad you're not experiencing stalls. That's awesome! It seems that if I keep it down to two nights per week, I'm stall-free. So, that's the goal for now. I feel free to revise it later as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Misfit View Post
Wow - I can totally relate! I haven't read the entire thread yet, so will probably come back to comment more after I've done so (We're getting off early today, so I'm about to head out the door!) Just wanted to say that red wine is my downfall also. I have made a conscious effort to only drink on weekends (Fri-Sun) and it really helped. Unfortunately, I met a friend for dinner on Tuesday and ended up having a few glasses of cabernet. Hence my inability to meet my goal this week.

This weekend is going to be tough with the holiday and all but I'm going to try to have vodka and soda water instead, since it's less calories and sugar, and try NOT to go overboard. Wish me luck!
Good luck!

I think it's great that you can keep your drinks to the weekend. My life is just so NON weekday/weekend that it's tough to do that sort of boundary-setting based on what day of the week it is.

But I am finding keeping it to twice a week is do-able. I just have to pick--ahead of time if at all possible--which day or days it's gonna be, so I set myself up for success instead of a slip.

Good tip on the vodka and soda. I might try that next time, rather than the wine.

Good luck this weekend! Let us all do a great job with reaching our goals!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #37  
I'm back!

S/C/G: 144/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of grace View Post

Good tip on the vodka and soda. I might try that next time, rather than the wine.

:
It's great b/c you can also mix and match - flavored vodka and/or flavored soda water. I like raspberry, so I'll usually have raspberry vodka with lemon soda or plain vodka with raspberry soda. Any combination is good, so it feels like you're not drinking the same boring thing
Lil Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #38  
blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Misfit View Post
It's great b/c you can also mix and match - flavored vodka and/or flavored soda water. I like raspberry, so I'll usually have raspberry vodka with lemon soda or plain vodka with raspberry soda. Any combination is good, so it feels like you're not drinking the same boring thing
I tried vodka soda last night and it was so yummy! Really tasty and quite refreshing.

I didn't feel like I was missing out while others had beers and maragritas and mojitos.

Very nice treat--and I approached it as a treat--and not something I could easily binge on, so things stayed in control.

AND we walked to fireworks and back (about two miles each way), so I got in that exercise to earn the beverages, just as planned. Yay!

Thanks everyone. Hope you're all having a delicious holiday weekend!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:25 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I'm still hanging in there. Wanted a (light) beer this past holiday but I held out for my commitment.

Am looking forward to popping a bottle of Dom with my husband on our anniversary.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

I know the alohol dilemma all too well!! As a college student staying at school over the summer and working, there is not much to do here after work except go out to bars a few times a week. I've switched to drinking a couple Michelob Ultras (95 calories a bottle) instead of fruity mixed drinks, but it sure adds a lot to my daily calorie intake. Why can't they just make calorie free alcohol?
lunabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:56 AM   #41  
blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapless View Post
I'm still hanging in there. Wanted a (light) beer this past holiday but I held out for my commitment.

Am looking forward to popping a bottle of Dom with my husband on our anniversary.
I'm so impressed with your resolve! And you're almost there!!! Just another week, right? Yay!

Get ready to celebrate!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabella View Post
I know the alohol dilemma all too well!! As a college student staying at school over the summer and working, there is not much to do here after work except go out to bars a few times a week. I've switched to drinking a couple Michelob Ultras (95 calories a bottle) instead of fruity mixed drinks, but it sure adds a lot to my daily calorie intake. Why can't they just make calorie free alcohol?
LOL

Well, how about calorie-free chocolate, while we're at it.

Ah, the wish list of all the things "they" should figure out how to make taste so great AND allow us to reach our goals.

Heh heh!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

I quit drinking because I can't stop once I start, then I make bad food choices since being UTI makes me feel hungry also I feel bad the next day so three strikes against alcohol keeeps me away from it
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of grace View Post
I'm so impressed with your resolve! And you're almost there!!! Just another week, right? Yay!
One more week!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #44  

Default all right, dangit! time to cut out the booze!

You need to ask yourself, "How important is the booze?" Do you control your drinking, or does it control you? Are you able to have a good time without alcohol? Does the alcohol change your personality? If it's just a habit, it takes about 7 weeks to break. Why not change to iced tea, and have that as your "social" drink. You'll definitely feel better about yourself in the long run. All of those empty calories add up.
mistee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:58 PM   #45  

Today is our anniversary. Husband bought a bottle of Dom Perignon, and I made my goal. Wasn't bad at all, even with the 6 bottles of red wine sitting in my wine cellar.

Have a much harder time staying away from the Ruffles...

Last edited by snapless; 07-22-2008 at 09:58 PM.