Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #1  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

Unhappy needed to share...warning is a bit of a downer

i'm sorry that this isn't amazing tidings of comfort and joy about how i no longer think about food and overeat and eat in secret and feel ashamed and am good on listening to my physical hungry/full signals.

nope.

this is a rant.

i am sick of thinking about food and i think of all the missed social opps i gave up on for the sake of my disordered eating. i am almost 30 and havent had a boyfriend since college. like almost 10 years ago -- i was outgoing then and had fun and didn't care so much. i was on the meal plan and honestly that was pretty good for me i guess. i had no choice. but i hate that. i hate that i can't be normal unless i have someone else tell me what to eat.

but when i try to be normal around food that means i just spend the whole day grazing. is that so bad? i guess it is if i let it make me feel miserable.

today i did OK i guess. i would say about 2500 calories, and i also worked out a ton (b/c i love it and partially b/c i felt guilty for all i ate) but i ate in a non healthy way. "had to have it" -- needed my fix. would have felt bad had anyone i known seen me thru out the entire day.

and then i look around at the rest of the world. the people who enjoy their lives regardless of what they weigh. they don't not go out to meet people b/c they need to go work off what they ate that day. they don't shy away from guys who may be genuinely great people to date b/c they can't imagine being that close with someone since they have had such rotten luck in love.

the self hate and anger are so strong right now its unbelievable. i hope to use it tomorrow to have a great day but i say that all the time. and still the binges happen. sigh.

i wish i had a bat right now and an old car i could just beat the snot out of.

life just seems so unfair. i hate that. i hate the whoa is me and i am a victim pity party i keep having. if only i wasn't told i was fat as a kid, if only i ate in public at all times, if only i took a break from beating myself up, if only the sky was made out of chocolate. OK scratch that.

Sigh sigh sigh sigh.

violins playing
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

You know, we are all allowed to have a bad day and you should not beat yourself up or feel guilty because of it. Hang in there and keep working out "a ton" and it WILL get better...one day, one hour, one moment at a time!

Honestly, though, if you don't feel better very soon you may consider seeing your doctor
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

mdl
Let me tell you about a woman. She was cheerful, outgoing ( but very very shy ) and loved to be friends with everyone. Day by day things changed. She was so down all the time, for no reason she could see. Days turned into months and then years. It came to a time that today seemed like yesterday and well yesterday seemed like everyday she could remember. She stopped talking to anyone. Stopped singing in the church choir ( which was a joy to her ). Lived day to day cleaning house, taking care of her children and husband and wondered what had happen to fun.

Then one day she finaly went to talk to someone. She talked and ranted and raved. She found out depression comes in all kinds of forms. It doesn't have to be drinking or drugs or not taking a shower. It can just be not finding fun in anything. After a few years ( 3 ) of just talking to someone every week she started to become her old self again. She started to do the things she loved again. Years later, she is now told she makes everyone feel good. She does this with a smile or a laugh sometimes. Sometimes it is with a joke or a word of encouragement. Makes her feel good and she is glad she took the step to get some help. She is still very very shy but that is ok. People who know her love her just as she is.

I am no expert but this doesn't sound like you are having a bad day. Sounds like you are having a bad time. Talk to someone. It really does help. Believe me. I look forward to each and every day now. I smile when I make someone laugh. I don't let much get to me anymore. Spent way to much time letting everything and anything get to me. There is light at the end of the tunnel but you have to look for it.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #4  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

thank you so much sweet chickies -- i feel better already

Old 12-12-2007, 12:33 AM   #5  

I have experienced the same thing. Even after losing weight food is still the center of my life. We have a love and hate relationship. I find that sometimes a quick fast will help me, and yoga has definitely helped. I must admit when I see a thin girl mindlessly shoving down a cheeseburger I want to have a meltdown, as I eat my green beans and count out my tic tacs. It's okay to have days like these. That's why we have each other
Koren Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

I often feel like you do too. I've lost all the weight I want...I've done this about 3 times in my life. First time in high school, last two times after my two boys and it's never really enough. I have a hard time trying to be "normal". I get tired of always thinking about my next meal...it bothers me that I can't eat whatever I want without thinking I'm going to gain. It bothers me that I feel like I have to eat perfect to maintain and when I don't eat perfect I binge. It's an endless cycle that drives me mad.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #7  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

the vicious cycle we put ourselves thru is enough to drive anyone mad!

i went out on a date despite all the "what ifs" in my head
-what if we eat dinner what will i do? what i'm not hungry? what if i am hungry? what if we got to a bar? what if i drink? what drinks are low calorie? do i want to eat beforehand just in case?

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

i had to shout to my brain to relax and calm down and go have a good time and see what happens

if i'm hungry. eat. if i'm not, dont.

jeez

and ya know what? i had a nice time with a great person.

i wish i could just drop kick my critical voice to the curb and stomp on it ...

i dont wanna live my life on a perpetual tight leash diet ya know? it can be done....
Old 12-13-2007, 06:29 PM   #8  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm thinking of trying meditation and or yoga to shut my brain up...

And for what it's worth - you have a fantastic sense of humor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post
i wish i had a bat right now and an old car i could just beat the snot out of.

if only the sky was made out of chocolate. OK scratch that.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #9  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

oh i totally missed my calling -- should have been a comedian

and i do go therapy for whats its worth and i was on zoloft for a bit but had really bad side effects -- had to drag myself out of bed and even though i had less anxiety i would still binge and it just made me care less about consequences....doc then switched me to lexapro and that wasn't doing anything.

so now i am not taking anything...if the really bad feelings from the original post continue i will go back to doc and try something else.....

yeah and meditation/yoga are great for that stuff...really i just need to zone out with something OTHER than food...just get lost in something ,a book, music, counting cracks in the ceiling
Old 12-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #10  

Hang with us - with a nice cuppa herbal tea. And yes, I know it's supposed to be a coffee smilie - work with me, people!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #11  

Hey - I find a lot of inspiration in Squigg's blog - yesterday's was really good about visualizing.

Thisis another Blog entry I printed and have hanging on my wall.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #12  
Rennie

mdl
I do know about the meds. My gosh we tryed to many and they just messed me up. Between hurting my tummy and even the lowest doses of those that didn't hurt my tummy I was a zombie. Talking is all that was the answer for me.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:09 AM   #13  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

yea i feel the same way -- not to sound totally bad here, but on one hand the meds made me not hate my life so much but on that other hand they made me not care about anything. totally sucked the life out of me
my best friend has taken zoloft for a few years and has no side effects and its working for her but for me i just felt like i didnt care about anything. was scary. i know i feel things very intensely. and i think that is OK....
Old 12-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #14  
Rennie

mdl
Wish we could have found a med. Would make things easier lol. I would sit around while the kids were going crazy all over the house. Their father would say aren't you going to do anything? I would say oh yessssssssss. When I get uppppppppppppppp they have just hadddddddddddd it. lol. Nothing was so important to do anything, zombi ville lol. Even on the smallest does either zombie ville or they didn't work at all.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #15  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

hahaha -- yeah i will (insert chore here) LATER. as in when i have my brain back to its usual overworking shananigans