Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 09:21 PM   #1  

Default My problem..

Hi there I am new to these boards, and I thought I would give this a shot. My name is Amanda and I am 19 years old. I weigh about 170 pounds and I'm 5'3. I have always disliked my weight even though my friends and family insist I do not have a problem. I guess no matter what anyone says.. if you hate somthing about yourself it dosent make a difference. I have always been on and off crash diets until recently. I got so upset that I havent lost weight that I started to make myself vomit if I ate a normal meal. I would take a slice of bread and cut it in half, and take a hot dog and cut it in half, and then half again so I had a fourth and that would be my dinner. I would eat soup and 2 crackers and then feel guilty.

It got so bad that we went to Village Inn and right after I ate while everyone was sitting there I went to the bathroom and made myself sick.I decided recently that I wanted to stop this.. so I guess I need to find a diet that will produce results fast, without comprimising my health. Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to lose about 40 pounds. Thank You

Amanda,
Old 12-17-2001, 06:38 PM   #2  
Mel

Default Get out of this habit!!!

Amanda- My name is Mel and I'm 47 and led the life you are describing for about 15 years. I also started when I was about 19. I stopped the vomitting when I had kids but I've fought with my body since I was 12, between starving, exercising hours and hours a day, and vomiting. Finally, this summer, at 175 pounds (I'm also 5'3") made myself sick for the last time. It does HORRIBLE things to the inside of your stomach, your esophagus, and your mental state. My step-mother gave me her copy of "Sugarbusters" book and it has changed my life. I've lost 35 pounds so far, and this does not feel like a diet. I still workout alot, but not crazy like before. Sugarbusters cuts out all added sugars, white potatoes and refined wheat products from your diet. I plan on eating this way for the rest of my life. I know it's not for everyone, but a lot of people have had dramatic results on it. It is NOT a low or no-carb diet as some people think. For a good explanation of the diet (we call it Way of Eating) log onto www.vitadolce.org. The woman who set up the site has had an amazing personal transformation and the site is full of good information and other links.

Please take care of yourself and get help if you need it. I didn't and wish I had.

mel
Closed Thread