Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:25 PM   #16  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

I'm in. I am not going to keep triggers in the house anymore. I said to myself that I would just eat one a day, and it didn't work! It never works. So its not staying here!!!
ScooterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #17  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys.
Sounds like you've all had challenges today. You've all done well!

So far today I've been good. I had a little bit of a binge-urge after dinner, but instead of going ahead and overeating I just came one here. this is the first weight-loss website/chat place where I feel accountable and supported.

Good luck everyone.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #18  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Hi there gals!!! Hope you're all maintaining your resolves. I work nights and am about to fall asleep on the keyboard here but wanted to reassure you all that I AM STILL HERE, still on track. I question my dinner choice last night, but it wasn't a binge, it was take out. OK it was mexican, a Pollo Loco dinner, grilled chicken flatttened out with caramelized onions on a bed of lettuce, pico de gallo and cheese...I never eat guac or sour cream, not a fan. So maybe I'll be okay as long as they don't use a lot of fat or oil in the chick. And it didn't trigger anything worse for me so I'm happy. And I climbed the steps at work THREE times...did I mention I work on the SIXTH floor?!

I plan to sleep today til 2, hit the gym, then get taxes done.

Good night ya'll talk to you when I wake up xoxoox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #19  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone!
Well, everything is going pretty well over here. Yesterday was day 7 of no binges for me...so YAY! One day at a time...
I did eat more than usual yesterday, but I WAS hungry. I do not count calories or anything...I'm eating more intuitively...but I was proud of myself that I acknowledged my hunger and was able to eat without losing control. Sometimes, even though I am eating intuitively, I feel guilty for eating (even when I am hungry) which usually triggers a binge, but no such thing yesterday...making some progress I hope!
Michelle- It sounds like you are doing GREAT! I am glad that you were able to eat takeout and indulge a bit without feeling guilty or triggering a binge! And way to go on climbing the stairs at work...I really think it's possible to get a workout in anywhere, as long as we are willing to be creative...good job!
Today's workout is an hour-long run. I am hoping my legs work for me tonight better than they have been. They have felt really tired lately, so I rested them yesterday...keeping my fingers crossed!
I hope everyone is doing great, and have a wonderful day!
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #20  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello everybody! I hope that you're all doing well! Congratulations on all of the successes! You can do it!

I am so thrilled to have finally gotten a hold of my binge-monster! Since I returned to the low carb way of eating and have detoxed from the sugar that was controlling my life I feel so much better! I'm more energetic, I feel much better, and I'm down 40 lbs!

And best of all... I'm binge-free since January 6!!! That's 54 days binge-free!

good luck to you all this week!

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #21  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Hi gals, just a quick pop-in from work...BUSY night...but still.

4 days down BINGE FREE! I get munchy here and there but nothing I've lost control over. I'm worried about Saturday night though...some friends are coming out with us to our bowling league and I just know we will be drinking, and esp with the friends out we will be hitting the shots like crazy. How do you guys handle yourselves when you WANT to go out drinking? Will it ruin my week?

I "did" the low carb thing four year ago, right before I got preggers with DD and I agree, you really get amazing control on it. I like doing the calorie/fat thing but I do still get the impulses.

Meg SEVEN days is GREAT!!!! And Phoenix!! 50-some days! OMG! You're my hero!

Ah crap being cut short, I'll check back later. xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #22  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!
Well, today I am back on the wagon after 2 sort-of-rough days. Not full-fledged binges, so that's a good thing...but definitely not on plan! But, I am resolved to start fresh today, forgive myself, and move on. What other choice do I have? I think I learn more about myself and my triggers every time a binge happens. I am much more aware of WHY I binge, which is helping to reduce their frequency and impact...so there's my positive spin on this whole thing! I have been very busy these past few days, so I didn't have a chance to read back through all the posts...but it sounds like you all are doing well.
Michelle- With the drinking this weekend, personally I find that if I have a fun night every once in awhile, it doesn't derail my efforts. I do promise myself ahead of time that I won't eat all of those snacks and fried stuff that most people eat when drinking. I think this helps minimize the diet damage. I eat a healthy dinner before I head out, and I am done for the night. Then when I come home, it's straight to bed...no late-night pizza ordering. Also, I think ahead of time what my "limit" will be, and try to stay close to ordering that number of drinks. If I were you, I would stick to regular mixed drinks (with calorie-free mixers is even better!) or beer rather than doing shots. Those calories add up quickly, and also the more shots you do, the less inhibited you will be about what food goes in your mouth. So, that's a really long-winded way of saying that if you don't want Saturday to ruin your week, you have the power to avoid that. Go out and have fun, but have a plan of action before the drinks come out!
Barb- Way to go on your binge-free streak! You are my inspiration! I don't do low-carb, but I only eat whole grains and have completely removed processed foods and sugary foods. I also find it helps control those urges. Way to go!
That's all for now...take care everyone, it's almost the weekend! I'm looking forward to hearing how you all are doing!
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote