Old 08-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #16  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Lily~ enjoy those ribs!!

IP~ I eat breakfast too, but only a protein shake. Only because I have never been a breakfast eater....and this works for me.

Sandra~ nice to see you back

Well its been an interesting day!! Dh and I went for our kayaking lesson this morning. 4hrs of lessons....money well spent. Im so happy we went, simply because dh now sees what I love so much about being on the water. Its the most relaxing thing Ive ever done. Nothing beats floating around ontop of the water paddling around the shore exploring. I think he's hooked!

Now however, I have muscles that ache and hurt where I never knew I had muscles!!!

Im having trouble with my diet too. Not so much with keeping op, but with my choices I guess. It seems...(and Ive gone thru this before) ....that I can do induction for about a week, then I have to drastically drop my fat intake (drastic compared to regular atkins intake) to continue to lose weight. I gained 2lbs over the last couple days....water I know, but its an increase instead of a decrease when Im still only about a week into induction. So I am going to have to think on this a bit.

I can go low carb, and lower fat, but then I dont eat enough, and end up adding fruits and other foods that will trigger my cravings. So Im sort of at a place inbetween, and cant seem to find my happy medium.

Well thats it for today, Im taking my worn out sorry body to bed...night ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #17  
Baby Steps

MIL brought red velvet cake over yesterday. So I had a piece. Then of course there was left over cake. I really wish DH would have taken the rest to work so I wouldn't have been tempted. I was good until after supper...and then I caved. ARGH! Not sure why I'm unable to follow through and stay not only OP but drink the water and exercise. It's like I've given up.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 262/252/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi All

My sister called her daughter's fiancee was in jail for not having insurance.(long story he had his brothers pickup with no insurance card in the glove box, it was at home in a drawer. needless to say the cops didn't know that) anyway he was sleeping last night and another inmate in the jail beat him to death with a pipe. I went over to my sisters tonight, its really tough to see her daughter they have an 18 month old son together and everytime she looks at him she starts to cry all over again to think he won't have Daddy around anymore. Anyway that was my day rough emotionally, sis and her family needed a lot of support the next few days are going to be rough for them. Please keep them in your prayers.

As for breakfast I try to eat it everyday but I know when I don't I seem to be hungry all day long.

Have a good day everyone
slimagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #19  
Under construction

Leah, oh my God! YES, your family will be in my prayers. Oh, that poor man....
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 AM   #20  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Leah, that is truly terrible. You and your family are in my prayers.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #21  
Baby Steps

Oh my Leah that's terrible! Your poor family!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #22  
Lovin' Life

Oh Leah, my first thought is what the **** was a prisoner doing with a pipe in a holding cell? This isnt something that is easily concealed. I hope your family has hired a good lawyer in the midst of this tragedy.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #23  
Lovin' Life

I just found the story...it was a handicap railing from a bathroom. This is just so sad. Obviously someone wasnt doing their job!! Many thoughts and prayers for your family, and his.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #24  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

How is everyone doing? Where is everyone?

We've been busy around here....more with organizing stuff than actual business. Hopefully it will pick up soon again.

Eating isnt good....Im not in a very good place with all that at the moment. Im terrified to get on the scale.

I need to get back out to my walking.....its only suppose to hit 72 today, so I think dd and I will get out and move a bit today.

Have a great day ladies....check in, even if its only a wave.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #25  
Under construction

Howdy everyone!

Robin, good luck with the walking. I need to get out there and do it too. I prefer to wait until my hubby gets home so we can walk together, but then he's so tired after work that half the time we don't go. But, my exercise is my responsibility, not his.

Eating's been going well. For whatever reason, I've just really been able to stick with Induction this time around (the Nyquil Incident notwithstanding). The loss is slow, but I don't have that much farther to go, so I kind of expected that. My body just likes being in the 140s, I guess. But as I keep reminding myself: I'm doing this for health, not looks.

Someday it'll sink in! lol
Old 08-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #26  
Baby Steps

Robin: Good luck on the exercise.

Gypsy: WTG on being able to stay on induction! Your stats are AWESOME!!

Well, managed to stay OP yesterday. A bit too high (due to smoothies. Really have to figure out how to make them lower in carbs), but it's coming along. I'm working on the water today. Going to see if I can start working that in. Otherwise nothing new here.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #27  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. Good news today at the orthopedic Dr. The CT scan showed no breaks. This doctor thinks my ankle/foot will heal in time with lots of Physical Therapy. I start PT on Monday. I am so happy.
My son and his GF finally got their own apartment. She is moving their stuff as we speak, with my DH's assistance. Son is still gone for his Army Training, but is supposed to get to come home in 1 week. Yeah. I get to get a new living room set because I'm giving them my old furniture.
The summer passed so quickly. My DD starts back to school on Monday.
My eating has been on program today, but not too great yesterday. I had 2 cookies made with splenda yesterday but know they had flour in them. They were good too. All my other food choices were on program. I hate it when I eat something off program. I know better, but do it anyway occasionally. The problem was that I hadn't eaten til 3PM and was too hungry to make the best choice. One slip up and I wake up feeling my tummy to see if I feel fatter. Does anyone else do this? Now, I'm waiting a few days to weigh and survey the damage. I was weighed at the Dr. appt, but no change showed.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #28  

Happy Friday...I have eaten breakfast for 2 days in a row. I am off to New York again for a long weekend- we fly out of Minneapolis/ St. Paul tonight at 8 pm, but I suppose we'll have to wait in line for 2-3 hours...my weekend eating always sucks and traveling is very hard on my dieting (I'm just so weak)!

Brenda- I can't be in the same building with any baked goods, that is definetly my weakness. I'll be in your town next month for a conference at the KIA Center...I love visitng Tueday Mornings-is that store still there? I can't find that store too often....have a great weekend everyone, I'll check in on Monday!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #29  
Under construction

IP, I hope you have a great time in New York! I've always wanted to go there. Is it NYC, or somewhere else in the state?

I am back and chatting to keep my mind off FOOD. PMS has struck with a vengeance, and I'm starving. I know I should eat, but I can't get out of the calorie-counting mindset long enough to actually snack and not feel guilty, darn it.

Oh well, at least it's not sweets cravings! Anyone else just get ravenous at that time of the month, even on low-carb?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #30  

Oh, yes. I feel like I could rip the legs off the table and munch on them - HATE feeling like that! If I eat something that has more fat in it it seems to help. You might try that.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote