Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

August Exercise thread is a sticky
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #17  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. My DD got her first paycheck yesterday from her waitressing job. She is 14. She works 15-20 hrs. a week. She was ecstatic. After taxes she earned $188.18 and is proud of every penny. I am scheduled to take her to the mall to shop tomorrow. We took a picture of her first paycheck. LOL, just something for her scrap book. When I picked her up last night, she said "I am hungry". I explained that I hadn't brought my purse, but I would take her to sonic if she wanted to go. She said "no, way, I'm not wasting my money on food, we have food at home." I was laughing. She would definitely have wanted to go if mom was paying for it. LOL, so we came home and I cooked her a grilled ham and cheese sandwich on LC bread. She immediately got on the phone and called all of her friends to tell them about her paycheck. It was a memorable day for us.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #18  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Lily thats so sweet!
Lily, I have a question for you.....how are you keeping op in this heat?

I am having such a hard time...I dont want to eat anything and then when I do, its something quick like a sandwich or 1/2 a watermelon I just do horrible in heat!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #19  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
Hi everyone. My DD got her first paycheck yesterday from her waitressing job. She is 14. She works 15-20 hrs. a week. She was ecstatic. After taxes she earned $188.18 and is proud of every penny. I am scheduled to take her to the mall to shop tomorrow. We took a picture of her first paycheck. LOL, just something for her scrap book. When I picked her up last night, she said "I am hungry". I explained that I hadn't brought my purse, but I would take her to sonic if she wanted to go. She said "no, way, I'm not wasting my money on food, we have food at home." I was laughing. She would definitely have wanted to go if mom was paying for it. LOL, so we came home and I cooked her a grilled ham and cheese sandwich on LC bread. She immediately got on the phone and called all of her friends to tell them about her paycheck. It was a memorable day for us.
What a great story!!
IlostIT4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

yay me.

Took my kids out for pizza and I didn't eat any. I ordered porkchops, veggies and a salad.

yay me.

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #21  
lilybelle

Robin, thanks. She is a sweet daughter and smart too. She didn't want to waste her hard earned money on food. I told her she could buy some school clothes if she wants. She said "no, you always buy plenty of those". She is going to use her money to redecorate her bedroom. DH and I are going to help her paint it. Plus, she is buying some skateboarding shoes and a purse that she wants.
As far as staying on program, most days it isn't too bad. Yesterday I had 42 carbs which is a little high. It seems that I go high on days that I eat a sandwich even on low-carb bread. I also had Oats which are a little higher in carbs. I know what you mean about the 1/2 of watermelon. I love it and could eat that much too. I usually cut me about a 3 inch wide slice and put the rest away. I can and have eaten 1/2 of a fresh pineapple at one sitting. I know the fruit is higher in carb, but don't tend to gain weight with it. I have eaten quite a bit of fruit all along. Today I had 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon and 1 piece of sausage for breakfast. Lunch was chicken salad and green salad with ranch and Dinner was a scoop of chicken salad. My total carbs so far today was only about 13. I am going to have LC ice cream or some cantalope tonite if I get hungry for a snack.
Yes, the heat is horrible. It seems it is always over 100 degrees here. It drains my energy. I try to stay inside in the A/C as much as possible. My ankle is better today and I plan to get on the treadmill again. I haven't been walking outside much, it's just still hot all the way til dark.
Juxtapose, great job on turning the pizza down. Under the LC entree section there is a recipe for pizza that I want to try. I will let you know how it turns out when I make it. Pizza was one of my biggest comfort foods that I used to totally pig out on. We used to eat it every Tuesday night, from our local pizza buffet place and I always ate at least 4 slices.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #22  
Ladean

Thumbs up

Great job on leaving the pizza alone, not an easy thing to do, you should be very proud of yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtapose
yay me.

Took my kids out for pizza and I didn't eat any. I ordered porkchops, veggies and a salad.

yay me.

- Jux
Old 08-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #23  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Its finally cooled off today! Its below 80!! I can clean the house today, maybe even do a bit of bulk cooking Its so nice to be able to move and breath without sweating. Lots and lots of sheet lightening last night. Dd and I were driving back from the sporting good store, and the lightening was freaking her out a bit....she doesnt mind the other stuff, but she said this kind (sheet lightening) is the kind that is in scary movies She kept her head ducked most of the ride home.

Dd and I made a deal this week.........no more toys until christmas. Any "toy" we buy will be something playworthy and something that gets us exercise. So far we have a new badminton set, and last night we picked up a basketball. She seems really excited about this....so thats good.

Ive realized a scarey thing yesterday....Ive been gaining weight at the same speed I gained after I had my daughter. I hadnt been eating competely op, but I wasnt eating to gain the weight I gained either. BUT in this heat I dont move much!! I wont even go for a walk its too hot. After talking to my mom last night, I realized what was happening. Ive always been able to eat the junk, gain a few lbs, but never have the weight creep up so high and so fast. Its because Im not moving!!

Im going to make a concious effort to move more....even in the heat. Unfortunately I dont have a/c in the entire house, just the bedroom. I'll have to think of something tho.....if I keep this up, I'll be back up to 300lbs before the end of the summer.

Thats about it for now........have a great day ladies!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #24  
lilybelle

Robin, I know how you feel. I haven't been exercising either. I am taking DD to the mall today for her shopping spree. I am going to buy me a pedometer and wear it everyday. I am going to challenge myself to get more steps done. It would be miserable without the A/C. Mine went out last summer in July. I went and stayed at a hotel until it was fixed. With my health problems and the med's I take, I absolutely can't go without an A/C. Plus the fact that I was obese at the time and having breathing problems. My DH knows that if our A/C goes out , he can find me at the Holiday INN. Luckily no problems so far this summer. We had a brand new indoor and outside heating and A/C system put in last summer. I think we just now finished making the last payment on it. My electric bill is running $300.00 monthly right now. I had to shift some Doctor payments to $20.00 monthly instead of the $50.00 they were getting just to afford to keep cool this summer. It is over 100 degrees here every day now. The only good thing is the grass has about all died out, so I won't have to mow as often now. I hate the heat. I do love to swim and plan to do this on Saturday to cool me off. My tan is now gone, so I will be very white at the beach.
Good luck with staying on program and getting some movement in. I ended up with a total of 19 carbs yesterday and I was happy about this. I am going to do the same today. I am only weighing twice a week, so I'll see how I am doing on Tuesday.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #25  

Robin - Recently we had a record breaking heat wave here (11 days straight!) and it was horrible. Eating was off, not moving much, etc. and I was very upset to see that even tho I was drinking TONS, I wasn't peeing much and had the sausage fingers and toes and the scale was up aa few pounds! We finally broke the heat wave (thank goodness - 128, or something like that, died state-wide) and the water finally drained of me. But I do agree with you: if you are moving everyday, you can get away with more unclean eating.

Lilybelle - Enjoy your daughter's shopping spree! My tan is fading also. I've still got brown shoulders from working in the yard but I don't have the bown legs I usually do from sitting out watching baseball games as that has been hit and miss this year. And now every spare moment home is taken up with house organization as it went on the market today! Hopefully it will sell fast.

Have a great day all-

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #26  

Just checking in and seeing how everyone's doing this week...I have been on program, but not losing or gaining. I have a full week of trainings with the Crimes Against Children seminars...next week should slow down and I'll post more often then. I am going school shopping with my DD at the Mall of America this weekend! I love shopping! Take care everyone!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #27  
Lovin' Life

We just got some news about a fellow that served in iraq with my stepson....one of the fellas that lost an arm and a leg in a road side bomb was mugged after leaving a restaurant in maryland!! Im appalled and disgusted with the 5 men that did this. Im heart broken, I just cant believe someone would do this!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #28  
lilybelle

Robin , I saw about that mugging on TV this morning. That is deplorable. Some people take advantage of people who are already misfortuned. This is so sad.

Well, I barely survived the shopping trip. My ankle (that the ribs fell on) is 3 times it's normal size after all the walking. It hurts so bad. It feels so tight from all the swelling that I can't hardly bend my foot. I am keeping it iced and elevated today. Anyway, DD bought the shoes she wanted (skateboarding shoes - ugly in my opinion, but she used her own money). She got her new undies, bras and socks and a purse also. I bought her 3 pr. of jeans and 3 shirts for school. I also bought myself 3 pr. of jeans, a pedometer and 6 pr. of socks. I wasn't going to tell DH about my clothes I bought. I just hung them up and figured he wouldn't know the difference. But, No, Lacy ratted me out. LOL. She showed him what she got new and said "now, MOM, show him your new jeans". So, I put on 1 pr. and showed him, then the little sneak said "show him the other 2 pr's , he won't care". He just busted out laughing. He said "honey, I don't mind if you buy clothes, yours are getting too baggy and you deserve to have nice clothes whenever you need them". He is such a keeper. I bought 2 of mine at American Eagle and this is the first time in my life that I could fit in their clothes, so I couldn't resist. They fit great when I tried them on and I just had to have them. We do need to go back next week and find Lacy some more shirts and her school supplies. I think I'll just take enough cash for her items and leave my purse at home. I saw too many things that I wanted.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #29  
Ladean

Lily, you know what I say? I say you worked hard to get that weight off and you deserve all the clothes you want...Good for you!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #30  
lilybelle

Thanks Ladean, that is the principle that I have been going on. LoL, Dh is so happy with me and he really is supportive if I buy myself things. I spent so many years not caring how I dressed. It just didn't matter because whatever I did have would look terrible on me anyway. I definitely love to shop now that I can fit into the new, cuter, stylish clothes.