Old 10-11-2005, 07:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Yep Lacey, he's in the army.

I want a boob job, mine are saggy from breastfeeding.
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #32  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
what was his reason for not doing situps?????????????????????? Situps, and any other ab exercise will tighten up the muscles in the middle, but cardio is the only thing that will help burn it off.
My surgeon actually is who said no...I had surgery on 2 herniated disks approx. 5 months ago. They were L4 & L5 so I'm assuming it's because he doesn't want them to do it again If I do a lot around the house or lift too much at work my back and leg start hurting again...so I try to take his advice as much as possible..I NEVER want that surgery again

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #33  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

well that explains it!!! Its just sometimes we hear dr. stories, and they make you shake your head. Im glad your doing better...this doesnt sound like something you want to push. Baby steps.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:06 AM   #34  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday

Audrey: I took my measurements when I first started but haven't checked them lately. I probably should start doing that until the weight loss kicks in, eh? Thanks for the reminder!!

Lacey: My boobs had fell before I lost weight. The only good thing with losing weight is now I can see my feet instead of them!! DEFINITELY listen to your doctor on this one!!!

Robin:

I haven't weighed myself yet. I'll go do that in a minute. Just wanted to pop in and get this started. From the looks of things we might want to start going to a daily chat instead of a weekly. We're busy lately talking and the pages wrack up That is a good thing
What do you all think? Should we try a daily thread next week instead of a weekly?? Whoever got here first would open it?? Ok...off to go weigh myself. I'll pop in later with the (hopefully) good results
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:20 AM   #35  
Baby Steps

Bad news is...no weight loss....the good news is....no weight GAIN!

So my plan of action is:
1: DRINK MORE WATER
2: Skip the peanuts (bad habit!!)
3 Drink more water

One of these days I really SHOULD give up the soda again. I'm sure that's not helping. But I'm going to work on those 2 (ahem...3 ) things and see how that works. I've got a couple weeks before I have to go to the Women's Retreat so not sure how I'll do there. Will see if they have LC options and do my best for that. Friday we're eating out so if we do fast foods I'll load up on salads and such. Maybe I should bring some LC breakfast bars and eat those instead of the stuff there. Not much filling but it'd be at least OP stuff. Have to consider that option. I'd LOVE to be able to come back and say I was OP!!! We'll see how that goes.
So now I have a plan for the rest of this week and next. Help me keep to it!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:59 AM   #36  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

well I weighed this morning and I've gained 2 lbs. I weigh about five times a day...but the morning weight is what I count. I'm so neurotic. When I don't weigh for a long time I find myself eating more and not caring....

anyway, I think it's because I didn't eat anything besides 2 pieces of sausage all day...I need to start putting some healthy foods inside myself so my body will go into melt mode...oh, and the water, I didn't drink hardly anything either goal for today: eat at least 3 times today and DRINK MY WATER!!!!

Have a good day girls!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 AM   #37  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Girls

Love Yah !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

A daily or a weekly would be fine with me, whatever is good for everyone else!

I need to stop weighing myself daily. There is so much that can go into gaining a pound or two and I need to get over it. I was back up what I had lost yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm bloated or what cause I stayed OP yesterday.
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:12 AM   #39  
Atkins Lover

Hey all....I'm popping in for the week. I miss all of you and HELLO to all the new ones that are here. I can't wait to get my head out of my butt and be able to get in here more than once a week. I did do my weigh in today and it was down one pound. That is good. I have been working out about 4x a week. Sometimes I do workout 2x a day which I really like. Wish I would have last night, couldn't fall asleep to save my life. Well got to get things down. Good luck staying OP all!!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #40  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Beck~ sounds like your working hard. Its good to see you

Audrey~ I measured when I started out, but I only measure once a month. The first week I measured, after I had started working out, I had gained 2.5 inches So now I leave to once a month, or when things feel loose and the scale hasnt changed.

Lacey~ you have to eat more!!! thats all Im gonna say

Brenda~ I bought peanuts last night, but didnt open them yet. You just reminded me, I have portion control issues with them. I think I'll leave them sealed!

I made some more finnish coffee bread yesterday....and right when it was finally time to put them in the oven, the oven wouldnt light!!! I was furious! It was 8pm, and I didnt know what the **** I was going to do with 3 still rising breads that I couldnt cook! After about an hour of trying, dh comes in, gives it a try, and didnt the bugger start it?!?!?!? He knows I want an electric stove and oven, after last night, he really knows!

I dont have much planned for today, just putzin' around the house....have a great day everyone.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #41  

HI ALL!!! Did anyone watch biggest looser last night? HOLY CRAP! I always thought Suzanne looked a little like me... But damn! What she looks like now is a friggin super model! She was down to 159... (Now, if I ever weigh 159 you all might want to get a nice dress for my funeral! I am 6 foot 2 inches tall..) But she was BEAUTIFUL!!!! She made may hubby and I both take a double take! GEEPERS! WOW! So.. right after that.. I ran up and down my steps for a half hour. I guess she inspired me! he he he! I run my steps when I get sick of my exercise bike.. that gets boring after a while...

I only weigh myself 1 time a week... I have measured myself.. and I will check that soon and let cha know! I forgot I even did it!

I promise all ya that I will be good today...
Corn Fed in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #42  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

you girls are talking about falling boobs...they have this new breast master out..kind of like thigh master..but, for boobs. I wonder if that would be a heck of a lot cheaper..and still do the job. Just means you would have to work for it..lol. I'm considering once it hits the store shelves looking into it. I mean..why not?
tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #43  

LOL! I was thinking of doing a web search on that but I can only IMAGINE what would pop up if I put "Breast Master" into my search engine! lol

Hello to all the new faces, btw. I'm Kel and have been around here for ages. I prefer to eat the LC way but the carb monster that lives in my brain gets the better of me at times. Your 'gung ho' posts are motivating me in the right direction, tho - thanks!
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:09 AM   #44  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday

Lacey: DEFINITELY make sure you're eating during the day!! Even if it's something little. I know it's hard sometimes but gotta try. The 2 pounds'll be off in a day or two!

Leenie:

Audrey: I used to weigh myself every day. Yup you need to get over it Don't worry about it saying you're up. If you're OP then it's just a slip of your scale! Keep up the good work!

Bec: WOW! You are an inspiration to exercise! Dang I wish I wasn't such a slug though Well, that and I don't seem to be home or have a free time to do that. But you're making me rethink my schedule

Robin: Good luck staying away from the peanuts. I didn't manage to last night. Not sure what the problem is because I wasn't hungry!! ARGH! Great job on the willpower though

Brandy: Aren't you ever afraid of falling down the steps? We have steps in our house also and I wouldn't dream of doing that. of course ours leads to the basement and that's cement down there Keep up the great work!

Mindy: Oh my. That sounds interesting. lol. Good luck w/it and let us know how it works!!

Kel: HOw's it going and welcome back

Well, the peanuts got the better of me again. ARGH. The only good thing is I took a trek through the woods yesterday to go feed the deer. So that's a plus in my direction. So I'm getting some exercise in w/out it seeming like exercise. Not sure what to do when we don't have to bait the deer anymore!! Not much happening around here. We're supposed to bowl tomorrow but my wrist is sore enough I think I'm going to have to call in a sub. Hate doing that because I enjoy bowling but I don't really think I could bowl much with it like this. Nope, not sure what I did to it. Occassionally it aches like this and after a few days of wearing a brace and driving me nuts it gets better. Luckily there's nothing too pressing happening that I truly need to use it---just bowling. Eating otherwise was good (minus the peanuts of course) and water intake is so-so. Need to get more of that in. Definitely need to start skipping the soda and drinking the water. I know, I know, I keep saying I'm going to do that. Easier said than done
Old 10-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #45  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Brenda~ I used up ALL the peanuts!!! I made a batch of "Eatmore" bars, then promptly gave them all away!! Ive been wanting to make these for months. Just to see if they tasted like the real thing (canadian chocolate bar) I had a small square to test. It was perfect, and now they are gone!!

Kel~ good to see you back here. How is the dating going?

Dottie & L....where are you 2?

Stairs~ I hate them!! I wont do a stair master, or step class, and I hate having only one bathroom, and it being on the second floor! Im a master at falling up and down stairs. I told dh, our next house will be ONE level!! Brandy~ keep up the good work girly, and be careful!!

Not much planned for today. I was up early because the garbage men were by early and very noisey. They always toot (big honk!) at the kids across the street. They sit in the windows and wait for them to come, of course, they toot, and the kids get all excited. Im not complaining, its cute. But it was enough noise to successfully wake me up and get my butt out of bed

Meatball making might be on the agenda today? Some italian wedding soup without the noodles maybe? We'll see. Im bored out of my mind being at home all the time. I could clean I guess Im sure I can find something to do other than cleaning!!!

My front garden is getting prettier and prettier! Go figure! The silver stuff I planted back in June has exploded, and its huge. The dalia type flowers are amazing, and I dont want to pull anything out yet. Everything is so pretty. But I dont want to be out there when its snowing, digging up my garden, and planting tulips and daffys. We actually still have bees coming to the flowers in the front. Even the birds have quit bathing in the bird bath!! (time to put it away for the winter)

Alright, well I should get started at something.....have a great day everyone