Old 12-09-2004, 09:59 PM   #1  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Question Ketosis/Fat Percentage

I have read, in this forum, somewhere that if you get in alot of rich fat, or a high fat percentage you can get a really good ketosis going. I dont know if I am in ketosis but just assume. I dont test & I dont have the bad breath like before. I have bad breath occasionally but its very slight. I drink my water & eat often so I dont think I would notice if I did have it. I am losing weight so I assume ketosis is there. Anyways what is the high fat thing someone was talking about that helps you reach a good ketosis ??
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:08 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Sorry I can't help you with that answer Dawn. I never tested myself and just figured if I was losing weight that was the main thing. I never knew most of the time when I was in ketosis but did know that my armpits smelled because of burning fat (eww!!!) Congrats on losing weight!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:49 PM   #3  

Not sure, but why don't you run to the drug store and get those Ketostix things and test yourself then you'll know for sure? They're kind of expensive, but I only use a strip every other day or so, just to make sure I'm in Ketosis. Its sort of fun, to see how you're doing, and then you can see how things you eat bump you in or out of ketosis.
CPgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:13 PM   #4  
Mouth of the South

The first time I went on Atkins, I bought the strips. The strips never showed that I was in Ketosis, but I was losing weight. I think if you are losing weight, you are in ketosis. Everyone has a different metabolism, so ketosis is different for each individual. I wouldn't spend the money on the sticks unless you really want to. Like CPgirl said, use one every other day. I hope some of this helped.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:37 PM   #5  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Thumbs up Thanks to you guys !!

Thanks Brenda, CP & Cat !!

I think I will buy the stix just to be sure bc I am a obsessive/compulsive/neurotic so I will drive myself mad until I buy the stix & just test to see !! Then if I'm NOT in ketosis I will drive myself mad obsessing over whats keeping me from ketosis !! I am a TRUE nut !! Thank God I keep a food journal of everything that goes in my mouth so its easy to see what is "stalling" me.

Thanks everyone for helping me out !!
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote