Old 05-04-2004, 02:36 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chat May 4

Good Morning Ladies

Hope everyone had a great Monday! Well it's now safe to assume that I have my days and nights totaly mixed up! I stayed up til 4am Mon morning, and therefor I slept most of Monday!!!! And here it is 2:30 am and I am still up! I gotta get back to normal before Friday!!!! Would be hard to explain at work why I overslept and was late for work when i dont' go in til 11:30!! Well, the good news is, I weighed in this afternoon when I got up and I am down 4 lbs!! yayyyyy for me!!!!! I was actually anticipating a gain, because I have had a few slips this week! I don't know how I lost 4 lbs, but really do not care! I will take it with no questions asked!! Well just thought that I would start the thread, and say Good morning to all you great ladies! Hope you all have a WONDERFUL TUESDAY!!!!!!!

And Rhonda: Congrats to the BF!!!!! My fingers are hurting I have had them crossed for a while for him!!! So glad that he got that internship!!!!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:38 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Congrats on the loss of 4 pounds. Hope you can get your sleeping pattern back to normal

(Sorry Rhonda--forgot the congrats yesterday!!!)

I managed to stay OP (with a tad of sunflower seeds though) yesterday. I noticed my carb count was higher though, so I'll have to watch that. If I don't lose again I'll know I've got to drop it down again. But the "wrap" I made myself was SOOO tasty!! lol. It isn't going to be an every day thing. DH wanted me to go get clothes (remind me NEVER to shop again! I tried on jeans and they were like OMG GROSS!. And my "size" didn't fit ). I'll just snitch clothes my mom buys. SHE can try them on. Either that or I'll find out where she bought them and buy from the same store. GRRR. I'm tired and crampy. UGH! I'm guessing TOM is coming (didn't I just get DONE??). I would love to go back to bed.
Hope you all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning,
I haven't been around much lately, I am still trying to dig my way through this laundry Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I hope all has been going great for you. I am going to try really hard to catch up on all the posts today when I get home from work and my walk.
I've been doing fairly well, still eating good but I've been letting the counting of carbs slide, and my water hasn't been doing to hot lately either, but at least I'm getting in the exercise! I guess I'll find out tomorrow how much damage has been done.

MrsH - Turning myself around when I have my hours all mixed up is horrible. Good Luck
to you!

I owe.. I owe.. so it's off to work I go...... Have a great day everyone!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:40 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Trazzie: you must have posted at the same time as me. Try not to let the laundry demon get you down. Come on in and post with us once in a while--throw it off guard
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:29 AM   #5  
Total Sass Bucket

Good mornin chickies
Well. the BF and some of his friends and I went out for a celebration dinner last night. Ugh. Do I have to go on? Doncha all know what happened? Ribs came out with BBQ sauce even though I asked for it on the side, I couldn't resist the baked sweet potatoe with cinnamon and sugar, waitress brought me a regular coke on my refill and I drank it anyway.... oh... and I suppose the onion blossom wasn't the best thing for me either. I suck. I may have to go back on induction. Which sucks.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your congratulations! I'm so happy. This means he will probably be moved in by Monday. Woo hoo!!!! Chiropractor is running me broke, so he put my sister's birthday gift and my mom's and stepmom's mother's day presents on his credit card for me last night.... Which really burns me. I DETEST not being self-sufficient. I cannot wait until I get paid on the 10th. I'll be able to pay him back and not feel this guilty. Oh well. This too shall pass, right?

Take care all, and have a great day!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:47 AM   #6  

Busy group already!

Rhonda: Why hasn't that chiropractor fixed your back yet? I am so glad that everything is working out for you and your bf. Don't worry about the celebration....it was just that....now just get back op. You will be fine.

Brenda: Grumpy! I had that last week. Trying on clothes is still a challenge for me too. Hate it, hate it, hate it. What a way to get a girl depressed. Lets stick her in a closet with mirrors and make her try on clothes that are deseptively sized!

Trazzie: Is that a new picture for your avatar? Has a Cousin It kind of thing going on Good for you on the exercise....check in when you can.

Lisa: Sorry about your mixed up schedule. WOW! 4 pounds....that is terrific. Send some of those vibes my way will you?

Well, nothing much to report here.....up a couple today but who knows why...could be anything. Not going to fret. Still look and feel better! Even though it is just the beginning of May I broke out the sandles! Wearing my new size 10 jean skirt and my high heeled sandles! Looking good! Hey if I don't compliment myself who will?

Have to try on the "other" dress for the wedding we have this weekend. Worse case senario I can wear the one I had on last weekend. The one I want to wear is a cream colored linen sheath dress with black floral embroidery down one side. I decided with my "tan in a can" I am going to forgo nylons and buy myself a nice pair of high heeled strappy sandles in black! My husband loves the bare leg look

Well girls.....off to work. Be back later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hope everyone is doing well, I was off yesterday but slept most of the day. I have lots to do today hence will probably not be around too much today either. Food wise I am doing well- keeping my carbs pretty in check. This weekend I pretty much only ate nuts - since this was my weekend on I didn't have time to cook- or eat for that matter we were slamed at work, I go in at 3P and all three nights I didn't get a chance to sit down until about 1A or actually had eat in the car on the way home at 3:30... bad habits... so I would sneak in a couple of peanuts every now and then to keep from falling out. I think my next weekend on I am going to make some stir-fry the day before and throw it in the freezer in individual containers.

Everyone at work is telling me I need to stop "dieting".... that I have lost enough weight, you know it is easy for someone to say when they don't see you naked- really feel like I have lost more than the scales are showing- DH says I just need to stay at it but quit chasing numbers, he would like it if I was 110 pound though. I am obviously smaller since I am fitting in clothes that I couldn't wear until I was about 10 pounds lighter before, I didn't buy any of my size 8's before until I was at 140ish and I can comfortably fit into all of them but my levis... on a good day I wear them on a bad day they wear me..

Funny note for the day. Last week I picked up a couple of cheap pairs of shorts at Wal-mart for the summer didn't want to spend much and like the little things so I grabbed the pair I had not tried on and slid them on and they slid back off (literally) I was real confused, had already pulled the tags of and tossed them went and re-checked and they were 8's well I put them back on thinking I was just still asleep- nope they fell off again... checked the tag in the pants they were a 16... talk about being annoyed - basically after I quit laughing at myself, for being so confused I was pissed because I have to take them back, and I have thrown away my receipt.

Lisa ~ Congrats on the loss, I haven't lost anything in several weeks... I see the green-eyed monster sneaking up on me.

Brenda ~ Those sunflower seeds are going to get you every time...

Trazzie ~ Bless your heart, I have they laundry demon to do today also as well as the yard demon and the carpet and dishes demon... No rest for the weary.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Amy
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:01 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Rhonda and Jane I missed you guys....

Sorry about the food, money and your back Ms. Rhonda- it will get better.

Jane - good luck on the dress...
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:07 AM   #10  

Mornin Amy and Leenie
Old 05-04-2004, 09:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Morning all!!

Star - Unfortunately, I'm already aware of how infected they can get

Jina - Thanks much for the Florida info. We were at Daytona and really liked the area. We are looking at moving in 1 year...but the more we talk the closer we seem to be to just chucking all and moving. I found out last night we have both been secretly looking at jobs online in that area! Too weird!

I'll check back in a bit!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Good moring ladies, just stopping by quick while i am at work to say HI and have a great day. After work I am off to the gym and then i will check in with you guys this evening!! Hope all is good!!

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:15 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Helllo Everybody! (in Dr. Nick voice)

Lisa - my DH is that way about sleep. Add to it that his work keeps bouncing him between swing and graveyard every few days and I've ended up with a very confused guy!

Brenda - Grumpy-butt.

Trazzie - Good to see you back! I've been ignoring the laundry monster for a couple of weeks now (good thing I own almost 40 pairs of underwear )

Rhonda - OMG did you go to the Roadhouse Grill?

Jane - you'll look fabulous! (woo woo! bare legs!)

Amoyjo - Tell them to get over it. You're doing this for you. It's not just about losing weight. How about reminding them that you want to get your body healthy and in shape?

Leenie - Morning!

Lori - Oy! Sorry to hear that. I'm glad I just stayed with the tongue piercing How fun to move to Florida! DH wants to move to Texas, but he's having a tough time convincing me to leave my beaches and mountains for it.

TG - ZoomZoom!

Ohhhhhhhh I'm a bad muffin! It occured to me today that I don't think I even touched one drop of water yesterday! Ugh! Then last night turned into a food fest. Fried zucchini, lc pasta salad, steak, lc ice cream. Is there a connection?

On a positive note, I've come up with my new favorite use for DaVinci SF syrups! Drum roll please ...................... martinis!!!! Last night I whipped out the ol' shaker, threw in some ice, vodka, and SF german chocolate cake syrup. Shake shake shake. Strain into martini glass. Yum!!!! Then I had to try one with some cream added - yum again! DH was calling them 'Brandi's creamy tini's'. I thought that sounded naughty.

Other than that, not much new. I go in for my 1 month check-up on my eyes this afternoon. Cross your fingers for 20/20!!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:18 AM   #14  

Morning Star: I was just thinking about you and your eyes this morning on my way in to work. There was a commercial for Lasix surgery and I thought I hadn't asked you how you are doing now. Good luck with the check up.

And yes "Brandi's creamy tini's" does sound naughty...but nice.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #15  
Head Princess

....creamy tini's.....oy! I just started cracking up and asked "how can you call these babies teeny? (gesturing to my chest)"
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote