Old 04-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Monday Chat - April 5th

Morning Everyone,
Well today's the day I've been looking forward too and dreading. We get to pick up the new car today!! Yeah! But afterwards I go to the bridal shop to try on this dress for my sister's wedding and have alterations done. I am literally afraid to see what I look like in this thing.. OYE!
Any who it's a very busy day for me today and I'm not sure if I'll make it back tonight to post more so I hope everyone has a great Monday!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning girls!!! Thank you all for your prayers, kind words and encouragement!!!

Lucky for my my OB has her office in the same hospital I work in. Soooo, I've had my blood drawn this AM already and will get the results in a few hours!

I did my workout tape last night and it felt great. I've been surfing the net. And there were a few stories about people who where losing before being pg and continue to workout during PGCY and was BETTER for it in the end...more tone, etc. That is my vision. I think I would go nuts if I could still workout each week!

Good to see the board so busy. I have to try and concentrate on something until my results get in! Yeah right!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Trazzie: I'm sure the dress will look marvelous on you! Keep your chin up

Lori: Not sure what tests you had taken--but good luck on them. Hope the results are what you're looking for.

Well, it's back to induction for me. The only stray will be for lunch. I've got this yummy yogurt that just canNOT sit in the fridge and rot until I get done with strict induction. So 4 (or was there 5 containers left?) days and then it's strict induction time. Otherwise I'll be following those rules to a "T" (or is that an "I" for induction? ). Anyway, I'm also going to watch my portion sizes. Maybe that has something to do w/my not really losing weight much.
OMG I wish it was Saturday so I could go back to bed. I'm SOOO tired!!!
Have a good day everyone!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:23 AM   #4  

Morning..............oh my am I this morning. I hate time changes. I so wanted to stay home today but I have a 5pm meeting at work today. Who planned this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night we had my bil and sil over for dinner. My dh made his delicious delmontico potatos....sigh.............I had one bite but resisted the urge to have a whole plate full. They stayed until 11pm. Didn't anyone tell them it was Sunday night!

I will have to work really hard to keep my eyes open today.

Have a good day. Can't wait to hear from Star today. Hopefully all went well with the eye surgery.

Talk more later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:04 AM   #5  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

Hi everybody!

Didn't get to sleep in on my day off - so I hopped up and poached some eggs then doused them with worcestershire...mmmm.
Then flatmate and I went on a cleaning frenzy - we got everything including the mould behind the sink! Then we trucked on over to Ikea and drooled at all the lovely lovely things... I only bought a few things, I promise! Then we stopped by the hardware store and I picked up a jade plant (Money tree!) to go next to my new IKEA black piggy bank can't wait for the coins to start rolling in!

I learned today I can survive lunch at chili's (which is what they call Oscar Meyers over here) AND still not break my induction perfection! - I got fajitas without the tortilla. Genius!
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:53 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

Hope your weekend was a good one. Look out, here comes Easter/Passover Dinners.....who will be the next survivor ?? HAAAAAA !!! I'll get voted out first I"m sure.

Nothing much is new except it feels like its 16 degrees out and its APRIL???????

Have a wonderful day everyone
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:33 AM   #7  
bzyathome

S/C/G: 199.5/175/150

I introduced myself with the Newbie & Question thread, for anyone interested, but wanted to pop in here and say "HELLO".

I started Atkins on 3/30/04 (think I put 31 in my post but rechecked my journal) and as of yesterday had lost 4lbs. Holding off on weighing today.

But the big event of the week was attending an ice cream party last night and having just 1/2 cup of coffee without cream, even.....it was sooooo hard. My poor DH sat on the sofa and was so ready to go home cause he loves ice cream but he enjoyed the conversation with friends. Nobody really does Atkins so there were no "safe" treats there but we survived. Next time I won't listen to the hostess and i will take my own treats.
We came home and each had 4oz of white wine, I know it's not on Induction but still only gave me 9 carbs for the day so it helped to put the ice cream behind us.

I just can't believe the motivation and inspiration I am getting from all of you. I read the board everyday now and can't wait till the day I can post a before and after! Thanks for the support....and you don't even know me!

bzyathome
bzyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Hey everyone!

The surgery went great (details on the StarPrincess thread). Other than that, I was completely drugged on Tylenol 3 on Friday and Saturday which resulted in DH attempting to provide me with food. The man does not cook. So he went to McD's and got me a quarter pounder w/cheese value meal. I was so out of it, I just ate the entire burger and half the fries. #$#@$%!!!!!

I'm feeling all squishy and can't wait to be able to get some exercise now that I'm not sick and my eyes work Yippee!

Trazzie - you're gonna look great!

Lori - I'm gonna have to read the posts that I missed so I know what's going on, but I hope all's ok!

Brenda - enjoy that yogurt! It's wonderful, isn't it?

Jane - I'm right there with you on the why did I drink all that red wine last night? Oy! Excellent willpower on the potatoes!

Raven - I haven't met you yet.

Leenie - Hey there! 16 degrees? Yikes!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 AM   #9  
Head Princess

bzy - you snuck in on me! welcome!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:42 AM   #10  

Welcome Bzyathome! Glad you joined us! Great job on no ice cream last night!

Well, Dont' really have time for personals, and will check back in later for that! Running a little behind this morning. It will take me a few days to get used to this new time change, then I should be back to normal! Nothing much happeneing here. Had a great weekend, and didnt do too much. Was lazy most of the day yesterday but boy did it feel good Sometimes it's just nice to have the whole house to yourself to do as you please Well, it's off to work, and then to the grocery store to get restocked on the no/low carb foods for the week. Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!

Lisa

By way Star: how are you doing? Let us know something. We have been thinking of and praying for you all weekend!!!!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:44 AM   #11  

Star: Great to see you! glad your eyes are working! You snuck in on me! Great to have you back!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:06 PM   #12  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!

Oh boy was I running late today! I usually leave home between 6:30-6:40.... it was 7 AM!!! And even then I don't know what time I REALLY left because I spent another few minutes hugging my BF so he couldn't leave! Ugh. We had a great weekend and you guys would not even believe the size of my smile when he arrived Friday afternoon!!!
I had a bad run-in with the DMV on Saturday. I lost my license, Soc Security card and ATM card... YUCK. So I went on Sat to get a new license..... I arrive 20 min before they opened and was 8th in line outside the door... by the time they opened... there were 40 people standing outside. So I get inside.... I need 3 forms of ID... one with my SS# AND my signature on it! So the lady was like "Just go home and get your social security card and a major credit card and your checkbook. I was like "I lost the Soc security card too and I don't OWN a credit card. She was soooooooo snotty. I left and went to the social security office.... OH, I need my LICENSE to get another card. GREAT. So, I'm just going to see what I can come up with. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

But anyway... I'm sad today but happy because....... my BF kinda hinted that I'd be getting a ring sometime in the next couple of months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:15 PM   #13  
Head Princess

I'm slowly making my way through all the posts I missed.

Lori - Congrats!!!! That's so exciting!

Trazzie - Thanks for the song

Kristin - Thanks for the present And Dr. Twatleigh???? LMAO

Shimma - hope you get everything sorted out. What a pain. Very exciting about BF though!

Mrs H - Thank you!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 01:18 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Bzyathome welcome and congrats for outlasting that party. I went to a b/day party a few weeks ago and was P.O.'d that I had to watch everyone else enjoying themselves, next time for sure I'll be prepared and I WILL bring something.....lesson well learned.

Congrats on the 4 lbs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Bzyathome - Welcome!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote