Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #31  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo! "CRACK" ROCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalbeagle1952 View Post
I am in my third week and I can't believe how much better I feel and how I am not hungry all the time anymore! My co-workers can't believe it believe it because I have always been one to be hungry all the time, constantly eating snacks and meals all day! I am down roughly 8 pounds and hoping it keeps coming off. I lost most of my weight the first week and haven't seemed to loose any since, but I'm going to continue with it because I really feel great.
Someone on one of the threads mentioned Atkins ready made shakes as being good for filling in for a protein. Any info on that? I am looking for ready made protein shakes to take with me for time when I can't really eat a protein or a small meal.
LegalBeagle! on your loss! :scale:
I was at WalMart the other day and YES, Atkins ready made shakes are the BEST and closest to Wendy's formula. I have plenty of shake mix that I bought from another site, when that runs out, I will be purchasing the Atkins shakes too.

The weight loss - don't worry about the lack there of. The first week is always the BEST in numbers...the second week - rare if you loose... the third week your body is still in transition. Just keep up the GREAT work and you will see the results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
yayyyyyy! I got the book in the mail yesterday! I hope to read it over the weekend and next week although the weekend will be busy cause we are doing Christmas at my mom's and the next week is Christmas of course...so will be busy, busy, busy. Hopefully I can get some of it read and then really focus on it after Christmas. I really wanna absorb the book and understand the process before just jumping in. Can't wait to get started!
LeslieLou - I am so honored (you being a Senior Member) that you are excited about this program. I would suggest, being so close to Jan. 4th (first Monday of the New Year - this program works BEST started on Mondays) that you start your program then. Read, study, buy your and protein items and get'r done starting 1/4/10!

I am working on "Crack" program sheets that will have a journal and the foods list for each type of day. Sheets will be in Word format so everyone will be able to download them and start using them. They should be ready just about the time you get started!
See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #32  

well, I'm actually a junior member? does something say I'm a senior member?!?!

I am not new to trying different weight loss programs though. I have tried every plan out there but before you posted this about Wendy's plan..I had read on here from someone else and have been researching it....I like it that hers is a lifestyle change. That is where I am at in my life....lifestyle change...not a quick fix.

yes. Mondays always work best for some reason. We shall see. I am part of the Biggest Loser Spring Challenge on here too so I will have to figure out which day would be best for me to start. Monday, Jan 4th will probably be a good day since our first weigh in is Jan 5th. I'm excited about that too! All of this excites me! I'm so ready to have more energy and be able to wear smaller sizes !
Old 12-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #33  

Ok i see now where it says senior member...hmmmm how does that happen? is it the amount of posts you do? I have only been on this site for about a month.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 175/170/135

Height: 5 foot

Default Hi new here, but started this conquer/crack the fat loss

Hi, I just joined 3fc when I saw the blog for this program. I started the conquer...plan three weeks ago and did great, lost seven pounds but fell off two days this week, but feel ok, I will hit again tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #35  

Thanks for the info Kim and for the encouragement! I was glad to hear about the weight loss or lack of being the norm. I am excited for what the next 5 weeks holds and can't wait for week 4. I am so happy with this life style. At times I do get sick of the same ole stuff. Like tonight I had a carb down day and just wanted to have something sweet, but I have learned that being thin tastes better!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #36  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up GREAT plans & Welcome MoFromCo!!!

Quote:
well, I'm actually a junior member? does something say I'm a senior member?!?!

I am not new to trying different weight loss programs though. I have tried every plan out there but before you posted this about Wendy's plan..I had read on here from someone else and have been researching it....I like it that hers is a lifestyle change. That is where I am at in my life....lifestyle change...not a quick fix.

yes. Mondays always work best for some reason. We shall see. I am part of the Biggest Loser Spring Challenge on here too so I will have to figure out which day would be best for me to start. Monday, Jan 4th will probably be a good day since our first weigh in is Jan 5th. I'm excited about that too! All of this excites me! I'm so ready to have more energy and be able to wear smaller sizes !
LeslieLou - I don't have any idea - just hope I get my signature on 3FC's by my birthday (12/22) it will be twenty days then that I have been a member of 3FC's also!

The Spring Challenge sounds great! We all should join that - and give them a run for their money (so to speak). I'll look them up! I'm on the Winter Challenge right now...by January, I'll be good and ready for a new Challenge!

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofromco View Post
Hi, I just joined 3fc when I saw the blog for this program. I started the conquer...plan three weeks ago and did great, lost seven pounds but fell off two days this week, but feel ok, I will hit again tomorrow.
MoFromCo!!!!

Thanks for joining us - yep, I started this weekly thread cuz I thought we needed a place of our own for "Cracks" & "Conquer" 3FC members. Glad you found us!

No reason to do back to the beginning (Deplete Week), just do 2-3 "C" (Carb-Down) days and you will be back on track!

We are not perfect and we mess up a times - life goes on and we get a new day tomorrow! The world is not go'n to fall apart cuz you went off plan - this is a life style change!

That's the attitude!!!!

See ya Lighter!

Kim
Old 12-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #37  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up You GOT the STUFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalbeagle1952 View Post
Thanks for the info Kim and for the encouragement! I was glad to hear about the weight loss or lack of being the norm. I am excited for what the next 5 weeks holds and can't wait for week 4. I am so happy with this life style. At times I do get sick of the same ole stuff. Like tonight I had a carb down day and just wanted to have something sweet, but I have learned that being thin tastes better!
YOU GOT IT!

I feel the same way as you do. There was something SPECIAL about that first week of deplete. It just takes ALL the sweets out of your system and replaces it with so much energy that ya just want to keep go'n!

I can't explain why I FULLY enjoy this new WOE for me - I have been on literally hundreds of different diets, so many that when I get a new book, I have to sneak it into the house and read it when DH is not around!

But he is all for this WOE and especially VERY supportive since he is seeing a positive change in my energy, pain, weight and attitude!

THIS new year is gon'a be SPECIAL!!!
Cuz we have Wendy Chant's Program now!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-19-2009, 01:49 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofromco View Post
mofromco I think you're going to like it here. I don't know anything about conquer, but I'm on week 6 of Wendy's program. I'm doing the special holiday week and then will start week 6. Holding at 13 pounds lighter. I feel so much better. I tried on a blouse tonight and I could button it.

So you ate off program, it's called life. It happens!! Get right back on program, it'll come off. We know what to do now when we slip!! That's what's great about Wendy's program. You don't think....oh, I ate something that I wasn't suppose to, so I blew it! Might as well eat what I want.

If you eat the very next day on program and drink the water, you might not even have a gain or it might be a very small one. It's so easy to start back up.

It's surprising to me that I've stayed this long and not slipped on this program. I really don't want the sweets, except I thoroughly enjoyed a fudgesicle before I went to bed on a B day once. I think I've had 2 chips in 6 weeks. Other than that, I've tried to do the program as best I can reading the menus and checking back at Wendy's book. Trying to plan in the morning what I'm going to eat for the day. I am getting a little tired of chicken, but after Christmas I'll have more time to look at recipes.

I'm hoping to be on this forum for a long time and meet friends that are following Wendy's WOE and for once in my life, maintain. I think I've found the secret. At least it's working for me now.

I'm sure posting has helped me be more accountable. Yes, I write down the foods on the charts, but talking to others having the same problems, seems like we're in this together. I am so glad I bought that magazine in October with Wendy's article in it.

Well, got to hit the sack.

Have a great weekend every one!!
Carol
Old 12-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #39  

Kim...that is SO funny about you sneaking and reading the book! LOL!!!! My family has heard me talking about so many diets and new things I'm trying that I haven't even told them about this one. I figured I would wait and see if they notice I'm losing weight.....that would be a great surprise for all of us!

Welcome everyone to this forum! Yay....more and more are joining us here...that's wonderful!

We can all support each other! With reading her book (so far) she does seem unique in her approach to weight loss and maintaining. It sounds very exciting! I do good with the depletion part....its the maintaining....so I think her approach sounds like what I need! Kim , I can't wait for the deplete week and the hehehe! Keep cracking gals!

Last edited by Violet73; 12-19-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #40  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Hello......My name is Kim............

Quote:
Kim...that is SO funny about you sneaking and reading the book! LOL!!!! My family has heard me talking about so many diets and new things I'm trying that I haven't even told them about this one. I figured I would wait and see if they notice I'm losing weight.....that would be a great surprise for all of us!

Kim , I can't wait for the deplete week and the hehehe! Keep cracking gals!
I ordered "Crack the Fat Loss Code" book in PDF so that my DH would not see me getting another diet book! Well, that and I wanted the book FAST. I have to read it on the computer. I have printed out most of the book and have it in a three ring binder - it is VERY helpful - can just print out the daily food journal sheets too!

Found it at A1Books.com - have "Conquer" in the SAME format!

Yep! We have all come the the "DIET" cave of book hording hoping that the NEXT book out will do the trick!

I'm so thrilled to have found the LAST two books I will every NEED!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #41  

Can you guys post an example of a meal plan you use? I will not do the protein shakes...would rather have some turkey and cheese for my protein and fat. Just curious on what you guys eat. LIke for instance... I love eggs but I'm not clear on how many to eat for breakfast. Her example of her breakfast burger said one whole egg with five egg whites or egg substitute. I dont like the recipe for that but can scramble some eggs with some cheese for the protein and fat. Anyway, it would be helpful to know what you guys are eating. I've read the book up until week one and the samples. I couldn't put the book down last night hahahaha!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #42  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Menu examples...

Quote:
Can you guys post an example of a meal plan you use? I will not do the protein shakes...would rather have some turkey and cheese for my protein and fat. Just curious on what you guys eat. LIke for instance... I love eggs but I'm not clear on how many to eat for breakfast. Her example of her breakfast burger said one whole egg with five egg whites or egg substitute. I dont like the recipe for that but can scramble some eggs with some cheese for the protein and fat. Anyway, it would be helpful to know what you guys are eating. I've read the book up until week one and the samples. I couldn't put the book down last night hahahaha!
I absolutely L♥V 3/4 cup of Egg Beaters poured out onto a flat skillet sprayed with Pam Butter Spray. I just let it get about half cooked then I tear a slice of Sargento's Low Fat Medium Cheddar Cheese from corner to corner and place that on 1/2 of the egg beaters cooking, then I take 2 Tablespoons of Pace Mild Chunky Salsa and spread that over the cheese. When it looks like the egg beaters are about cooked through, I raise one half of it and place it over the salsa and cheese. Sometimes I will flip this just before placing on my plate. This omlet is VERY satisfying in the morning and will keep me with no hunger till the next meal. It turns out to be just 2 carbs (salsa). So that is a P/O Breakfast.

I know you said you aren't going to do shakes, but just had to share a FAVORITE of mine I learned from Wendy. I use 8 oz. of water/ice combo, with 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder and 1 tube/envelope of instant coffee! is it GOOD!

I like to wrap up deli turkey sliced THIN meat into a Romane lettuce leaf, that is really good.

You will find that food will take on a whole new meaning of TASTE with this program - you automatically will want to eat slower! I don't know what is making me do that - but I love it. My DH can't believe I am so satisfied with so little food! But, remember the food you are getting is REAL food and it is more satisfying!

Hope this helps ya!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #43  

The first week is really not much different from Atkins introduction phase. I remember how I felt the very first time I did Atkins. Food does take on a whole new meaning when you are strict about it. What I like about Wendy's program is it designed to help keep you on a schedule. I went to a nutritionist once for weight loss and her plan was so similar to Wendy's. I wish I would have stuck with it (sigh) but I am at the point in my life now where shouldve, couldve wouldve is in the past and now its time to make a lifelong change.

Anyone else have any idea how many eggs a person can have ? I would rather eat eggs than eggbeaters (no offense).

I also found it interesting about pork not having as much protein as chicken and fish. good to know!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello, I enjoy 1/2 cup of egg beaters and 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage links or patties. I count the patties as 3 fats. I scramble the eggs till done and cut the sausages up and add to the eggs. If I have left over broccoli, I add that in too. Sometimes I add cheese, but most of the time I don't. I add a little salsa sometimes. If I'm hungry, I'll have a couple pieces of EZ toast with SF jam. I can always make it to mid morning on this.

The other day I made Wendy's Crepes. I used 1/2 cup old fashion oatmeal and 1 heaping protein powder, with the 2TB water. I also added one pkt of Splenda and some cinnamon. It made so much and it was my husbands snack time so I shared. He thought they were pretty good. He was in another room on the computer and smelled pancakes and thought....is Carol making pancakes? No, she wouldn't do that! But they do taste like a pancake. I used a little SF syrup on mine. Delicious! Dh thought so too.

I also made Wendy's Crepes and left out the protein powder. I thought why should I add the protein powder when the eggs are enough protein?? Still used the 1/2 cup oatmeal, splenda, and cinnamon. It was very good and made a normal size breakfast. Count the oatmeal as one of my starches on a B day, or can use it as 1 starch on a C day. I think we get 1/2 cup for our cereal. Think this is correct Kim? Hope I'm counting right!!

Trader Joe's has some Flax cereal and I've had it a couple times with Almond Breeze milk. I count the cereal as my starch.

I like baked chicken for most of my lunches. I bake two at a time, cool a little and debone them and put the meat in zip lunch size bags (so I don't have to defrost so much) and put in freezer. Defrost as needed. I put 2-3 ounces on a nice bed of lettuce.

Sometimes make a fresh chicken sandwich if I still have a starch coming. Add bell pepper, lettuce, purple onion. Sometimes those sliced yellow pickled sandwich peppers.

If I'm not to hungry I'll warm up 2-3 ounces of chicken and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and eat with some cucumber slices and celery. I like fast and easy when I'm painting and I don't want to take much time out.

Sometimes I make tuna from the packages and weigh out 2-3 ounces and mix with my 1TB of Olive Oil mayo, and purple onion. Make a half or whole sandwich or add on top of salad.

I've made deviled eggs and eat about 4 halves and some raw veggies. It doesn't take much to fill me up any more. Plus I know I'm going to be eating some kind of protein in 3-4 hours, so I don't want to over eat. I've noticed I don't need to eat as much now.

For dinner one night I made taco salad. Weighed out 3 ounces of browned seasoned meat and than added 1 ounce of cheese, a few cherry tomatoes, and diced onions and a little taco sauce. I cooked my dh the shells. He loves home made tacos. You could do the same with chicken. Could add sour cream and salsa. Just have to do the counting with anything extra.

I enjoy a couple halves of deviled eggs for my afternoon snack. Not to big, but filling. HB eggs can be so plain sometimes.

A couple time I've had a couple eggs and a small bag of popcorn for lunch. Just have to eat the starch before 3pm. I love popcorn.

I'm planning on making Jackie's unstuffed cabbage for dinner soon. Bought the cabbage, but didn't realize I needed canned tomatoes. Also, it take longer than I thought in the oven. Didn't read the recipe first.

Bake a larger roast beef so you'll have left overs for sandwiches with a slice of dill pickle and lots of lettuce. I like to add 1 tsp of Kraft Creamy Horseradish sauce to our sandwiches. The label says 1.5 grams of fat per tsp. This spices up the sandwich and makes it special. You can add a spicy mustard too.

I bake tilapia or salmon one or two times a week also. Have my broccoli and squash or green beans. Bake extra and add to a salad the next day.

One cold night I weight out 3 ounces of left over taco meat and added it to 1/2 cup of beans, with a little onions on top. Great chili. Had my broccoli on the side. You wouldn't think this would fill you up, but it did.

For a D day, I had a normal ww bun with sloppy joe mixture. I made it, so I left out the br. sugar, and the ketcup. I still used one can of tomato soup it calls for. I think I added one pkt splenda. Not the normal recipe, but it worked and I didn't have a gain from it. Didn't eat as much as I did for Thanksgiving, so stomach felt better.

So far, I think this is about all I've eaten in 6 weeks. Very simple meals, very plain, but after Christmas I'll have more time to look at low fat meals for my huge assortment of recipe books.

Hope this helps with a few meals for you so you don't get bored.

Today we drove an hour to see a theater play called "Plaid Tidings", a special holiday edition. Our daughter played the piano on the stage, usually she's "in the pits". It was so funny!! Very enjoyable! We went to the matinee, and it was dinner time when it was over, so went along with the 20 member cast. Had such a nice time visiting with the actors.

We got to come home and they had another performance again tonight. They're just about done as I'm writing. Then they have a cast party. Tonight was the last night. So much effort goes into these little town theaters. So many rehearsals!!

I was so thankful that the restaurant served breakfast all day. Ordered a veggie omelet, hash browns, and biscuit. Gave away the biscuit to dh, and hash browns to daughter. So I had a legal, full of protein and veggies dinner.

Lets keep on Crackin' ladies!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:50 AM   #45  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Should've, Could've, Would've!

Quote:
The first week is really not much different from Atkins introduction phase. I remember how I felt the very first time I did Atkins. Food does take on a whole new meaning when you are strict about it. What I like about Wendy's program is it designed to help keep you on a schedule. I went to a nutritionist once for weight loss and her plan was so similar to Wendy's. I wish I would have stuck with it (sigh) but I am at the point in my life now where shouldve, couldve wouldve is in the past and now its time to make a lifelong change.

Anyone else have any idea how many eggs a person can have ? I would rather eat eggs than eggbeaters (no offense).

I also found it interesting about pork not having as much protein as chicken and fish. good to know!
Great!

Wendy is specific when she says that this is NOT a low-carb diet. Only during the first seven days was it important to be so strict and reduce carb intake so severely, simply to begin the process of "cracking the code" and getting your body to understand that there are places to look for energy other than simply utilizing carbohydrates.

Yep, the past is the past, tomorrow is not here yet, we have today - the present given to us to handle right now!

Egg Issue - Here is Wendy's break down on eggs... Women - 1 whole egg & 3 egg whites, Men - 1 whole egg plus 5 egg whites - OR - have only egg whites or egg substitute, if desired.

Nutrition of a Large Whole Egg - all foods are categorized by what macro nutrient is most prominent in their chemical makeup. A large whole egg has 6 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, and less than 1 gram of carbohydrates. So eggs are, technically speaking, classified as protein, even though they do contain some fat and carbohydrates.

Hope this helps ya!

Carol! Those are some GREAT recipes!

See ya Lighter!
Kim

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-20-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Closed Thread