Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #16  

wow 7 pounds! WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #17  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

LeslieLue - It really feels good to be at this stage! Can't wait until you have completed DEPLETE - I know you will feel a difference!

The following are some items from the "Crack" book that I would like you to see again....
  • Emptiness or fullness is not balance; only balance is balance.
  • This is NOT a low-carb diet. Only during the first seven days was it important to be so strict and reduce carb intake so severly, simply to begin the process of "cracking the code" and getting your body to understand that there are places to look for energy other than simply utilizing carbohydrates.
  • Week ONE - designed to empty our your glycogen stores.
  • Week TWO - teaching your body to begin regulating glycogen levels. Manipulation into a low state will ensure that fat now can be used as a source of energy.
  • This program is all about manipulation of energy through macronutrient intake.
  • Maco-patterning is manipulating glycogen stores through regulating portion amount and timing of protein, carbohydrate, and fat consumption.
Well, now - just a few tidbits for you to chew on. Understanding Wendy Chant and her theory is what it is going to take to maintain the 8 weeks of the program.

Remember -
It is all WORTH it
especially because YOU are worth it!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 AM   #18  

Kim:

Do you use all the artificial sweeteners? What about processed foods?
Old 12-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #19  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieV View Post
Kim:

Do you use all the artificial sweeteners? What about processed foods?
Processed foods - well that will be a WOE (way of eating) BEST left for the past. The only processed foods I'm eating right now is cheese or cottage cheese.

Wendy says....

NO Protein bars or fake no-carb or low-carb prepackaged food.

Now as for sweeteners -
I really don't trust those artificial items that come in small packets, I am more comfortable with "Stevia" - a natural herb.

You can now get it in grocery stores. When I first got a hold of the idea of using Stevia - I had to go to a health food store.

Found Ezekial 4:9 Bread - Sesame!!! (Wendy's Favorite)

Will be having my first taste of this for breakfast! Found it at King Soopers in the frozen health food case. This is another item that you could ONLY get at a health food store and at a PREMIUM price - not any more!

See ya Lighter!
Kim

Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello Kim,
Yes, oh yes! I'd like to join in with all the other Crackins over here. Thank you for starting this thread!! It's going to me nice hearing all the info for others that have been on Wendy's program for a while.

Am I suppose to click some where and be accepted? I couldn't find it if that's the way it works. If there is, could you let me know?

Had a good day, went out to lunch and had a chicken salad and 1/2 roll. Dipped my fork in the dressing. Mostly I ate my chicken. It's nice to be able to go out and have choices and still be able to stick to the program.

I'm going to go see if I can find this thread on the main page.

Carol
Old 12-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
Processed foods - well that will be a WOE (way of eating) BEST left for the past. The only processed foods I'm eating right now is cheese or cottage cheese.

Wendy says....

NO Protein bars or fake no-carb or low-carb prepackaged food.

Now as for sweeteners -
I really don't trust those artificial items that come in small packets, I am more comfortable with "Stevia" - a natural herb.

You can now get it in grocery stores. When I first got a hold of the idea of using Stevia - I had to go to a health food store.

Found Ezekial 4:9 Bread - Sesame!!! (Wendy's Favorite)

Will be having my first taste of this for breakfast! Found it at King Soopers in the frozen health food case. This is another item that you could ONLY get at a health food store and at a PREMIUM price - not any more!

See ya Lighter!
Kim

I have been involved with this WOE since October 2008. I lost 10.5 pounds in my first week and then stalled. Have lost a few more, gained a few, lost a few. I asked about the processed foods and artificial sweeteners because I do not use them and it was the biggest thing I had to change with this WOE. I do not care for the taste of Stevia. It leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. I use raw agave nectar. Low glycemic, and per Jerri, Wendy confirmed it was okay to use in moderation.

Ezekiel Bread, Sesame flavor is my favorite! My biggest problem is using the correct portion size. Somewhere along the line I got the idea that if it was good for me, there was no portion size! Not true! So, training my brain and belly!
Have a great day.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #22  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolis60 View Post
Hello Kim,
Yes, oh yes! I'd like to join in with all the other Crackins over here. Thank you for starting this thread!! It's going to me nice hearing all the info for others that have been on Wendy's program for a while.

Am I suppose to click some where and be accepted? I couldn't find it if that's the way it works. If there is, could you let me know?

Had a good day, went out to lunch and had a chicken salad and 1/2 roll. Dipped my fork in the dressing. Mostly I ate my chicken. It's nice to be able to go out and have choices and still be able to stick to the program.

I'm going to go see if I can find this thread on the main page.

Carol
Hi Carol!
Welcome to the Thread!
Nope - you are FULLY accepted!!!!

Let me tell ya - after Week ONE of "Crack" - food never tasked so GOOD!
I find myself eating slower to savor the food too!

While making coffee this morning - I realized that sugar and all the JUNK food was making me old!!! I feel younger now with so much more energy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieV View Post
I have been involved with this WOE since October 2008. I lost 10.5 pounds in my first week and then stalled. Have lost a few more, gained a few, lost a few. I asked about the processed foods and artificial sweeteners because I do not use them and it was the biggest thing I had to change with this WOE. I do not care for the taste of Stevia. It leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. I use raw agave nectar. Low glycemic, and per Jerri, Wendy confirmed it was okay to use in moderation.

Ezekiel Bread, Sesame flavor is my favorite! My biggest problem is using the correct portion size. Somewhere along the line I got the idea that if it was good for me, there was no portion size! Not true! So, training my brain and belly!
Have a great day.
Thanks Jackie on the advice of Agave - I have some and will try that! I don't use much sweetener anymore - find that food taste GREAT when you don't cover it up with stuff like sugar

On Ezekiel 4:9 bread, does the food list say you may have 2 slices? I toasted mine yesterday and used Pam butter spray on it - saved my BAD FATS for other uses....I'm go'n to check out the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (ICBINB) spray next time I go to the store and read the label to see if that would be a better choice than Pam...

Although the serving size on the package says 1 slice - Wendy said on page 100 of the "Crack" book for Type "S" foods, 2 slices.

GREAT input!

See ya Lighter!
Kim

PS...for some reason the more button under Smiles and the Advance Editing is not working for me today....I'm EXCITED, just can't show it right now!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:43 AM   #23  

Hello fellow Crackin's,
I'm a newbie to the thread today and it's so nice to join you. Hoping to reach goal, and be able to stay close to that weight for a long time.

Been on this since late October, and have lost 13 pounds. I'm pretty slow, but the turtle won the race, correct? I keep plugging along.

Today when I went to water aerobics (I missed 2 weeks) and I fastened my float belt around my waist, I noticed it wasn't quite as tight. Yippee!! Something is changing! I do know my pants are getting loser around the middle.

Kim-Thank you for starting up this thread for us. We'll all learn together in the WOE.

I've read Wendy's book all the way through now, but look back often so I don't forget. Want to do this right. It's such a great book and I can understand it.

Hope to post every day to keep me motivated!!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #24  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Great Attitude!!!

Quote:
Hello fellow Crackin's,
I'm a newbie to the thread today and it's so nice to join you. Hoping to reach goal, and be able to stay close to that weight for a long time.

Been on this since late October, and have lost 13 pounds. I'm pretty slow, but the turtle won the race, correct? I keep plugging along.

Today when I went to water aerobics (I missed 2 weeks) and I fastened my float belt around my waist, I noticed it wasn't quite as tight. Yippee!! Something is changing! I do know my pants are getting loser around the middle.

Kim-Thank you for starting up this thread for us. We'll all learn together in the WOE.

I've read Wendy's book all the way through now, but look back often so I don't forget. Want to do this right. It's such a great book and I can understand it.

Hope to post every day to keep me motivated!!
Carol!!!

We can't always count on the to tell us the TRUTH! Remember, we have a new WOE and we are becoming more active. That means, we are replacing fat with muscle - which in turn will burn more calories longer!

GREAT that you are BACK at your water aerobics - I know from what you have said in the past...it really helps your hips and gives you MORE energy!

With your Crack'n way of eating - that 13 pounds is a weight of the past! Aren't you you don't have to carry it around anymore!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/198.5/128

Height: 5

Hi I am new here and have been doing the conquer for 7.5 wks need to know what comes next do I start the book over or what ?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #26  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
Hi I am new here and have been doing the conquer for 7.5 wks need to know what comes next do I start the book over or what ?

I'm personally on Week Two of the program.
But I have just quickly gone through the book.
What is see is the Chapter 9 information, you might want to review that and the information you have on weeks 7-8.
Sure wish I could help you more on this - we have SEVERAL other members here who are beyond your place in the program.

We are here to support each other - so some of us are going to be learning for the first time these things, others will be sharing where they have been on the program!

I will watch for the answer on this as well!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
Hello newlife, I'm only on week 5, but read the last half of Wendy's book just a couple days ago to see what to expect since I haven't reached goal. She said to complete week 8, and then start over with week 2 again. Do you have her book? I think there was something about after the 8th week do 4 B days and then start over with week 2, but I might be wrong.

But on the LC forum I copied this Holiday Plan from Wendy, probably from last year that someone posted a couple weeks ago.

Here is what I printed, and it starts tomorrow the 18th and 19th (C days)
20 & 21 (B days)

22,23,24 Deplete OR Carb Down*
12/25 CHEAT
26th Cardio first thing am, Deplete
27th (B day)
28th (B OR Carb Down)
29th Carb Down OR Deplete*
30th Deplete
31 Carb Up (D day)
1/1 Cheat
1/2 Cardio first thing AM, Deplete

January 4th, back to whatever week is next for you

* When we did the Thanksgiving plan, quite a few of us felt bad w/3 deplete days in a row...if that happens, just make the 22,23, and 24 carb down days.

* Also, just a suggestion!~ if you really plan to indulge on New Years Eve or Day, make the 28th a carb down day and the 29th a deplete day.

Kim, who started this thread might have other suggestions, any one else? Jackie? Mary?

Any one with more knowledge than this newbie myself?

Hope this helps a little.
Carol
Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #28  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hello newlife, I'm only on week 5, but read the last half of Wendy's book just a couple days ago to see what to expect since I haven't reached goal. She said to complete week 8, and then start over with week 2 again. Do you have her book? I think there was something about after the 8th week do 4 B days and then start over with week 2, but I might be wrong.

But on the LC forum I copied this Holiday Plan from Wendy, probably from last year that someone posted a couple weeks ago.

Here is what I printed, and it starts tomorrow the 18th and 19th (C days)
20 & 21 (B days)

22,23,24 Deplete OR Carb Down*
12/25 CHEAT
26th Cardio first thing am, Deplete
27th (B day)
28th (B OR Carb Down)
29th Carb Down OR Deplete*
30th Deplete
31 Carb Up (D day)
1/1 Cheat
1/2 Cardio first thing AM, Deplete

January 4th, back to whatever week is next for you

* When we did the Thanksgiving plan, quite a few of us felt bad w/3 deplete days in a row...if that happens, just make the 22,23, and 24 carb down days.

* Also, just a suggestion!~ if you really plan to indulge on New Years Eve or Day, make the 28th a carb down day and the 29th a deplete day.

Kim, who started this thread might have other suggestions, any one else? Jackie? Mary?

Any one with more knowledge than this newbie myself?

Hope this helps a little.
Carol
GREAT advice Carol (as always)!

As for my situation - Wendy does NOT recommend doing this until you have completed week 3 on the program. So - I'll still be do'n my thing through the entire Christmas and New Years celebrations - that is OK I'll have NEXT year!

The other suggestion I can see is to continue on to the NEXT book "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant. It doesn't get into detail about Deplete, but takes you on down the road for being ForeverFit!

See ya Lighter!
Kim

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-17-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #29  

I am in my third week and I can't believe how much better I feel and how I am not hungry all the time anymore! My co-workers can't believe it believe it because I have always been one to be hungry all the time, constantly eating snacks and meals all day! I am down roughly 8 pounds and hoping it keeps coming off. I lost most of my weight the first week and haven't seemed to loose any since, but I'm going to continue with it because I really feel great.
Someone on one of the threads mentioned Atkins ready made shakes as being good for filling in for a protein. Any info on that? I am looking for ready made protein shakes to take with me for time when I can't really eat a protein or a small meal.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #30  

yayyyyyy! I got the book in the mail yesterday! I hope to read it over the weekend and next week although the weekend will be busy cause we are doing Christmas at my mom's and the next week is Christmas of course...so will be busy, busy, busy. Hopefully I can get some of it read and then really focus on it after Christmas. I really wanna absorb the book and understand the process before just jumping in. Can't wait to get started!
Closed Thread