Old 11-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #16  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I'll get ya the recipe beachie - dh has tweaked the recipe for the egg bread. The way I was making it was ok - kind of like slightly flat cream puffs (depending on the weather) - I know he said he cut back on the cream of tartar - he makes it in his cornbread pan and it comes out just yummy. So good to have on hand.

"Net" carbs have always stalled me/confused me too. I have the best success on "total" carb counts/whole foods ilmike4a.

I'm not sure what to tell ya lynnar. That must just be SO discouraging for you.

Questions:

Are you eating "FrankenFoods?"

Are you watching for "hidden carbs?" (Cough syrups/cold formulas/"sugar free" gum & foods etc?)

Do you take any medications that could be fouling your system? (BP/diabetes/steroids . . . ?)

Think I've asked some of these b4 . . . can't believe a few drinks would stall you like this - I've lost tons of weight on Atkins eating barb-q & beer b4.

Of course we're all different . . . it's just that at that weight (3 lbs less than my all time high) the weight would just be falling off you.

Gonna give this more thought . . . hope we can come up with something here @ LC Chat.

Your "procrastinating post" inspired me to get a lot done in my office at work azzie! Got so much DONE that I'd been putting off for MONTHS (since Mothers Day actually!) I'm thinking that MY procrastination on things in general may be "weighing" me down mentally, ya know. Talked with a friend about this last night - gosh it just feels so good to DO the things I've been dreading paperwork wise . . . a real feeling of accomplishment and a determination not to "let things go" day by day, ya know? Tx for the INSPIRATION!

SO glad you're back bouncie - still giggling at the "get 'em off b4 they grow roots" comment! WTG on losing & you too tiger!

I'm up & at 'em . . . felt so good after returning to Induction yesterday - full of vim & vigor . . . ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #17  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Lynnar,

I read your post & I can fully understand your frustation. From your posts here, I can tell you have read the book So many try to "do Atkins" without ever cracking the book & then when it doesn't work for them they just don't understand why. I guess my question to you is, you say you believe you are weight loss resistant. May I ask why you believe this? My reason for asking is because you say you've done years of Weight Watchers & calorie counting...neither of those methods works the way Atkins does. Atkins was written to eat no more than 20 carbs per day with 12-15 of those carbs coming from vegetables & salad. There are 59 varieties of veggies & salad on the Atkins acceptable foods list, try different one's to see how your body reacts. Eating 1 salad per day or some broccoli once of twice a week simply is not enough. Your body needs fiber...fiber helps you to stay "regular" and staying "regular" helps you lose weight. Eating the proper vegetables & salad everyday, as well as drinking plenty of water will eliminate your need for having to use Metamucial. Also make sure you are getting fat in your diet. Fat is essential on Atkins. Trying to do a low fat version of Atkins won't work.

Atkins is an amazing way of eating. Who would have ever thought you could actually lose weight eating things like full fat mayo, full fat cheese, full fat salad dressings, heavy cream...the list is endless! I started this way of eating at the same weight you did, 245 lbs...a little over a year later, I exceeded my goal I have maintained my weight for 2½ years now. I will eat this way the rest of my life...I've never felt better!!!

All the best to you!!!
Kim

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 11-13-2007 at 01:17 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #18  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I haven't been posting much but I'm still here with you, just to much else on my mind lately. I finaly got my cravings under controle and started losing again. down 4 lbs from last week! So everyone whos waiting for the wooosh, hang in there its comming!

Lynnar, do you keep a food log? How many callories are you eating? I know we're not supposed to have to keep track of callories on atkins but with the appetite suppression it causes it's easy to get to few callories. I found that even if my carbs are realy low I don't lose as much if I'm not eating the veggies. I would start tracking everthing you eat for two weeks just so you know exectly how much, and what your eating. I would also be sure to eat 2 servings of veggies a day.

Quote:
And that cookie takes the next cookie, and so on until somebody says "Gee, I thought this recipe made more cookies last time." Oops!
Ha..ha..so true. My problem is eating the raw dough, I make a double batch and then DH wonders why it only made a dozen cookies! I'm going to make him some today for his lunches, I have no problem not eating them after they are cooked.

Az, I kind of agree with your post on chalanges as well. For me they make me impatient and when I get impatient I give up. Guess I just didn't realize it untill you posted about it.

Aud , Im a total procastinator too, comming to this site is just one of many excuses to put off actualy doing stuff. (but this one I can live with)

WOO..HOO.. Tigerseye, beachbum, Ilovemike, bouncie, and everyone who lost this week.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #19  
Hello Friend

Great advice Jersygrl! For some reason doing it exactly like the book describes works best.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #20  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puncezilla View Post
Great advice Jersygrl! For some reason doing it exactly like the book describes works best.
I don't agree with much on Atkins.com after the good Dr's death but...I wholeheartedly agree with this:

The Rules of Induction: "This phase of the Atkins Nutritional Approach™ must be followed precisely to achieve success. If you do it at all incorrectly you may prevent weight loss and end up saying, "Here is another weight-loss plan that didn't work."
Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #21  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Hiya puncie! Great to cya and congrats on that whoosh!

Just was wondering - anybody seen fittie? I was planning TG and thinking of her pumpkin bake when I realized I've been missing her.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #22  

Thanks for the input. I hate food logs, but maybe that should be my next step. I eat a lot of the same stuff every day so that will make it easier.

Kim, I came up with the weight loss reistant thing the first time I did Atkins and we were using the keystix. I could never get a positive reading until I dropped all the veggies- which the book recommends. Just a couple of days of that and I had to turn to the metamucial. It was actually a little scary how uncomfortable I would get. And of course it makes no sense to eat your carbs in that form, thus the one salad a day rule.

I haven't used the sticks this time, but I think I can tell when I've been in Ketosis and I sure haven't felt that way lately. Even though I'm still being pretty good.

You advised me a few weeks ago about the fat and I've been watching that a little more carefully. I even bought heavy cream instead of half and half for my coffee and higher fat ground beef. I use olive oil when I cook, but lately I haven't done a lot of cooking. We grill about every weekend and I eat lots of leftovers.

I haven't been tracking my calories and I know there may be a big surprise in store for me, but I honestly think with all the dieting experience I've had, I know about how much I'm eating. I don't think I'm eating too many calories, could be eating too few on some days.

So no one is going to advise me to give up and learn to love my huge body? Too bad. I'm almost ready to do that. Thanks again. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I am really loving not being as hungry as I used to be. I felt so outta control before when I was eatting all those carbs (which made up most of my daily intake). Now I dont even get hungry inbetween meals or even sometimes at meal times.
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #24  

Lynnar, have you tried mixing it up a bit like upping your carbs every few days? That seems to work for me as long as I get right back to counting 20-30 carbs per day.

And I wouldn't sweat the Ketostix or the slow loss much if you're losing inches...are you?
msister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #25  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
Hiya puncie! Great to cya and congrats on that whoosh!

Just was wondering - anybody seen fittie? I was planning TG and thinking of her pumpkin bake when I realized I've been missing her.

Awwhhh, Aud you miss me, you really miss me!!! lol I'm so glad that you are doing well and feeling great! Go get em Girl!!!! You have the good vibrations going, sounds like you're going to lose!!!

I'm around, getting caught up reading how down everybody was and didn't feel like posting. Sorry!

Now that most everyone is losing, WTG Punce, ilovemike, tiger, bouncing did you lose too!! Who else lost. I think that is fantastic!! I so excited for all of you, it's as if I lost too!!!

I'm still at 205, but I know that once I start exercising again and get over TOM, I'll start losing again. I have stayed at 205 for that past week, which is good for me because I've had been going back and forth from 206 and 207.
So I just got to rev up the ol' metab and get er done!!!

Lynnar, I agree with Kim and msister, vegetables are really very important for this woe. Kim drilled that into me several times and she is absolutely right! Besides we can do so much with veggies. I always roast my in the oven or even grill them with some evoo, salt and pepper.
I'll make salads with as much veggies as I can have and drizzle evoo and vinegar on it. It's so good!!!
I also grill my foods too and eat them throughout the week. It saves time doesn't it! Plus if you go on Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes, she has a load of recipes we can eat for induction and for on going weight loss. So much to choose from that you can't get board or tired of it.

You can do it Lynnar!!!

Azure, I know what you mean! I was doing a challenge on an other forum and I just could not keep up. I mean I know the most important thing is that we're losing for ourselves, but to be competing is sometimes so stressful and I did not want to be stressed out. That is the worst thing for our body when trying to lose weight. So I excused myself from the competition and you know what, so did 3 other ladies. We all felt the same way.
I want to lose weight in my own time and pace. That's what I did when I lost this 38 lbs.
But I look at you ladies who are under 199lbs and I can't wait to get there soon! It's a blessing to be that low and believe me to me that is low!
Don't give up the good fight!!!! Keep it up and you're going to win!!!

A BIG OL CONGRATS TO YOU LOSERS!!!! I'M SO PROUD AND HAPPY FOR YOU! FOR THOSE OF US STILL WAITING PATIENTLY, OUR TIME IS COMING!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

Must make Pumpkin Bake!! Bake. . .Good!!!!!! Yumm!

I'm making that for TG too, mainly because there are 4 us in my familia who are on lc. The rest are not, so it will be the PB for us and the regular pumpkin pies for the others. I'm also going to make a lc version of the green bean casserole, and probably a mock mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies!
I can't wait for that day because by golly, I'm going to chow down!!!

Talk to you soon!!!

Diana
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #26  
Hello Friend

Hiya Fit, I missed you too! You'll get your wooosh soon too!

Lynnar
Quote:
So no one is going to advise me to give up and learn to love my huge body? Too bad. I'm almost ready to do that.
You should love your body regardless. But don't give up. part of loving your body is doing whatever you can to keep it healthy. Don't rely on the sticks. I don't feel much different when I'm in ketosis, except not hungry. Hang in there you'll find out what works for you. and the food log dosn't have to be forever just till you figure out whats stopping you.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #27  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitinTime View Post
I'm making that for TG too, mainly because there are 4 us in my familia who are on lc. The rest are not, so it will be the PB for us and the regular pumpkin pies for the others. I'm also going to make a lc version of the green bean casserole, and probably a mock mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies!
I can't wait for that day because by golly, I'm going to chow down!!!
OOOOOOH Diana....can I come to your house for TG!!! All those things sound SOOOOOO good!!! I'll be going to my brother & sister-in-law's for dinner...turkey with no gravy & canned green beans Maybe we'll get an early snow storm and I won't be able to get there...what a shame At any rate...I won't succumb to the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce or the pumpkin & apple pies. I just bought a pair of black velvet dress pants for my office Christmas party today....size 4/6 I still CAN'T believe it!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #28  
Mrs. Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
OOOOOOH Diana....can I come to your house for TG!!! All those things sound SOOOOOO good!!! I'll be going to my brother & sister-in-law's for dinner...turkey with no gravy & canned green beans Maybe we'll get an early snow storm and I won't be able to get there...what a shame At any rate...I won't succumb to the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce or the pumpkin & apple pies. I just bought a pair of black velvet dress pants for my office Christmas party today....size 4/6 I still CAN'T believe it!!!
Size 4/6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaah! I hate you!!!!! But I'm happy for you too!!!!

Come on over Kim!!! I'm not giving in to all that yucky food too! Blah!
Me no likey!!!

I'm going to eat Loooooooowww Caaaarrrbbbbb!

You know I will confess, with TOM, I've been eating Atkins bar!!!! (ducking down under the desk!) I did a bad ting!
I know, I know, but boy I need chocolate and the Lindt chocolate gave me the runs. Althought I did make some chocolate coconut oil bark and it's in the freezer! I forgot about that!!!
Okay, I won't eat Frankenfoods! I won't!!!

Hasta La Vista Baby's!!!

Diana
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #29  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

I had a potato for lunch....Thats all I have to say
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #30  
Mrs. Determined