Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #31  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Lynnar, I have found that EXERCISE makes the difference for me between losing and not losing. 40 minutes of sweaty aerobic exercise of some kind, plus half an hour or so of resistance -- in my case, weight machines -- at least 4x a week leads to steady, successful weight loss with what seems like lots and lots of veggies and salad every day. And are you drinking your 64 oz. of water a day? I find that makes a huge difference too. I didn't believe it until I proved it for myself.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #32  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Shellie, you are absolutely right about the exercise, veggies & salad, and the water. I do walk aerobics with a resistance belt 6 times a week, eat plenty of veggies, have a big salad everyday for lunch and drink a gallon of water everyday!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I really have to get back to exercising, with any food plan I have tried in the past I always stalled pretty quickly without it. Water is VERY hard for me, but I gotta do what I gotta do, right? I use the crystal light flavors but im thinking thats not good to use, so im just gonna have to bite the bullet and drink plain old water the best I can.
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #34  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

My husband bought a Wii and it has sports games in it. I've been doing the boxing, it's like I"m really boxing and what a good work out it is! I'm feeling it in my arms and back. It feels really good!
That is the best exercise.
It also has a bowling game and I do that as well. I feel that one in my legs.
I think if I do that three times a week and do my elliptical 3 times a week, I should start losing something!

I think the best form of exercise is dancing. I loves to dance!!!

Diana
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:21 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am doing well this time. This will be the last time I ever lose this weight.
Does anyone else use the flavored sugar free creamers in their coffee? Coffee is my gotta have it and it does not seem to stall me.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #36  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitinTime View Post

You know I will confess, with TOM, I've been eating Atkins bar!!!! (ducking down under the desk!) I did a bad ting!
I know, I know, but boy I need chocolate and the Lindt chocolate gave me the runs. Althought I did make some chocolate coconut oil bark and it's in the freezer! I forgot about that!!!
Okay, I won't eat Frankenfoods! I won't!!!
Oh Diana, Diana, Diana....Atkins bars of all things Those things are evil!!! You'd be better off with the chocolate coconut bark Or what about some cream cheese or whipped cream (homemade) with a little unsweetened cocoa. a little Splenda and a splash of DaVinci's (Hazelnut is good) stirred in

Try to stay away from those Atkins bars girl

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 11-14-2007 at 08:14 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #37  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

ok so the scale says that i am down a pound but i dont believe it. i am going to wait till tomorrow and see what it says. my a$$ is going to stay OP today if it kills me. I am going to tell the girls in the office that unless they are going somewhere that has steak and salad to not invite me, my feelings will not be hurt. I now have off Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from my second job which is a relief so I am going to incorporate exercise in those 3 days, hey 3 days is better than none right?
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #38  
Mrs. Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Oh Diana, Diana, Diana....Atkins bars of all things Those things are evil!!! You'd be better off with the chocolate coconut bark Or what about some cream cheese or whipped cream (homemade) with a little unsweetened cocoa. a little Splenda and a splash of DaVinci's (Hazelnut is good) stirred in

Try to stay away from those Atkins bars girl
LOL!! You're so funny! I know! I just had a bad chocolate craving and that was the first thing that I thought of.

That dessert sounds good, I'll have to try that! I just get lazy sometimes to make things that easy! Doh!

Okay Kim, I will stop eating those bars as of this minute!

Thank You for caring about me and what I eat!!

Love Ya!!!
Diana
Old 11-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #39  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Feeling great this morning,slept until 8:45 this morning. I guess I need the sleep.

Watched the Biggest Loser last night,that show really motivates me in the the way they have to exercise. Wish I had the gym equipment they do,but I try to improvise.

Another quite day at home,except for going out to my choir rehearsal this afternoon.

I'm Doing great on the Atkins Plan,lose 2.5 early in this week and hopefully except to lose some more by Sat. W-I. I hope I don't jinx this weigh in by being so cocky and going Off Programs now that I lost something.

TIGER-I feel that way also,don't miss the my bread or grain carb like I thought I would. Plus I;'m not hungry either for then or other snacks.

MSISTER-Thats interesting to add carbs and than lower them,to break the plateau. Gee I every though about that. I used to do that with South Beach's Phases [Phase 2,3 and back to 1] now I following this the same procedure with counting calories[zig zagging] the calorie range every day. I guess this method would work on any program. Thanks for reminding me.I does make sense.

FIT-Welcome back to the thread. I missed you also. It was AUD that mentioned that you haven't posted in a while .Glad you're back. I like you pumpkin bake recipe and going to make it for TG. Thanks for sharing.

PUNEZILLA-I used to use the sticks or strips and I didn't get any results. Now I rely on the scale and the way my clothes fit.

BOUNCING-Watched the Biggest Loser last night,that show really motivates me in the the way they have to exercise. Wish I had the gym equipment they do,but I try to improvise. I really believe that exercising is the key to weight loss,also. I'm in a challenge at another board that make me work harder than ever.It goes on for 60 days,and I think I will succeed if I continue with this challenge.

MOTHERMAVIS-I don't drink coffee,so I can't help you there. I don't think its allowed on this program either.Watch this products as they not L/C friendly.

ILOVEMIKE-Happy to hear that your losing again, good luck on tomorrow's W-I. but if its not your w-i be careful that you don't get hooked on the scale for progress, water fluctuations happen every day and you don't want to be discouraged at the scale, thats what happened to me.

Have a great Morning will post later after I get back from choir practice

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:47 AM   #40  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Super Low Carb Egg Bread

Preheat oven 350
Line round cake pan (for cornbread-like slices) or pizza pan (for pizza-like slices) or cookie sheet (for cream puff like rolls) with parchment paper.

Ingredients & Instructions:

Beat 6 egg whites & 1 TBL Cream of Tarter about 5-7 minutes with electric mixer until stiff peaks form

With a fork mix well 4 egg YOLKS & 4 TBL sour cream

GENTLY FOLD
egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture . . .

Choose appropriate pan and bake 30-40 minutes.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #41  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Ive made this recipe a few times using 6 whites and 6 yolks and also have cut back on the cream of tartar (ran out!) and it still came out. Haven't tried the pizza yet - you bake it on the pizza pan til done and then add your LC-Friendly Toppings & broil til melted. Think I may have that over the TG Holidays when everyone else is munching pizza/watching football. The rolls are just ok - got tired of them - some flat as pancakes - really prefer the way dh makes in the round cake pan - comes out like cornbread squares that I've made lil sandwiches with . . . or ate plain too, beachie . . . does this recipe look like the Revolution Rolls?

YAY fittie! Glad you checked in! ITA about the exercise - forgot to mention lynnar - since menopause - I get the best results when I supplement my walks with visits to the gym/weight room . . . pre-menopause I would lose like wildfire on Atkins - this time around the metabolism just isn't there anymore I don't think - gotta rev it up with weights, ya know? Even if it's push ups in the living room . . . I see a big difference in w/l when I incorporate.

I couldn't even do ONE push up when I started again this time around (July 16th '07) - I can do perfect form 10 now - barely.)

Think I'll go do some now - lol!

Hey fittie - Do you think you could Pumpkin Bake Post one more time? Will save me a search and TG is getting closer!!! Tx!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #42  
beachbum

Hi AUD

Thanks for the egg bread recipe. Yes they remind me of the revolution rolls because of the flatness.I make mine by dropping 2 tbs of dough on the cookie sheet and make 1 rectangle roll. The recipe call for 12, I make 6 I use two Rev rolls for a sandwich and they add up to 2.4 carbs.

I found the Pumpkin Bake on Linda's web site. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/pumpkin_bake.html Going to buy the ingredients this weekend for TG dinner.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #43  
Mrs. Determined

Hi Ladie!

Glad to see everyone is on the up and up here!!

Yeah BB!! WTG on the lbs lost, so happy for you!!
That's where I got that recipe from, LindaSue's website.
It's so good, isn't it! I thought I wouldn't be able to have pumpkin of any kind until I found that. It's the bomb!

Aud, thanks again! Here's the recipe.

JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
5 eggs
1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
15 ounce can pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Put the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. Pour into a 6x8" greased glass baking dish. Bake at 350º about 40 minutes or until the center feels firm and a knife inserted in the center comes out relatively clean. Cool, then chill before serving.

Makes 4-6 servings

With granular Splenda:
Per 1/4 Recipe: 342 Calories; 27g Fat; 14g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 228 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per 1/4 Recipe: 330 Calories; 27g Fat; 14g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 220 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Jody said she gets four large servings out of this but I thought I'd save a few carbs and serve smaller pieces. This is very good and I think the spices and sweetness are just right. I tasted it while still warm and it was nice like that but it made the whipped cream melt. After trying it, I think that making this into just four servings is a bit over the top. Six servings is more realistic. I will probably make this again for Thanksgiving instead of a pumpkin pie although this tastes pretty much like pumpkin pie. Despite the cream cheese it is nothing like a cheesecake.

Talk to you all soon!

Diana
Old 11-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #44  

Hello, Thanks again for all the advice.
I've been going to a step aerobic class for 2 years now. It's three times a week for 50 mins with the last 10 mins usually on the mat. Sometimes we use hand weights. I tried to use the machines to add more weight training last year, but I really don't like them and my "gym" is a city owned activity center with little supervision in the exercise room, so I never know if I'm doing the machines right or not. Also, you never know for sure when you can get on the machines and my time is always so limited.
I should add some kind of new exercise though. We do a heart rate check during class and I usually don't get my heart rate up very high. I guess I've been doing it for long it's gotten easy maybe it doesn't even counts as exercise. I don't want to give up the class though because I really like it and like the people there. I usually get back the gym at least once a week and do the eliptical for 25 mins. My goal is to be there every day, but you know how that works out.
I know I'm not getting all the water I should but that's another thing I don't know how to fix. My job takes me out of the office most of the time and there's not always a restroom handy. Sometimes I end up in meetings where it's difficult to get out and find a bathroom. I usually drink plain water with my meals, so I get at least a couple of glasses, but during the day I don't like to drink much more then that. And at night, well, who wants to get up to pee more then once a night? What do you all do?

I guess I'll keep stumbling along the way I'm going for a while. I'll probably start induction all over again and use a food log and maybe even some keysticks since I really don't think I'm in ketosis much of the time. But I won't do that until after Thanksgiving. There's no way I can stick to induction during Thanksgiving! But maybe I can stick to regular low carb and not gain weight! I hope so.
I want to try baking the egg bread or revoltution rolls one of these days, but surprisingly, I don't miss bread that much. If only it was a little more convenient to eat salads while driving!! Actually, Atkins just doesn't work very well if you eat a lot of meals in the car. Maybe that's a good thing!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #45  
Mrs. Determined

Lynnar,
maybe you shouldn't do Atkins then. It seems like there is always something that inhibits you from doing it.
I think it's the easiest thing to do.

You can cook extra boneless skinless chicken breast and eat that on the go. Slice up some cucumbers and take some radishes in a sandwich bag. Snack on that.
I mean there really is no excuse, if you really want to lose weight.

There is no way you can get around from not eating vegetables, it is absolutely vital to this way of eating. Eating fat is important too, that's what keeps us satisfied and we don't feel hungry as quickly.

Don't think it's hopeless, you just need to really commit yourself to it and just do it! Don't analyz it, otherwise it makes us crazy.

When I've gotten off plan, I get back on it, I don't think, oh well I may as well eat what I want because I messed up. No, I get back on the plan the next meal.
You know I'm not perfect here, but I really, really want to lose weight! I don't know if anyone wants to lose weight here. I would think so otherwise they wouldn't be here.

But we need to say, is this what I want or am I just bs-ing around and wasting my time. I sure hope not! I think we all want to lose and get to our goal weight.

The only way we can lose on Atkins if we do it the way he say's in his book.
It's not hard, but we make it hard on ourselves by tweaking and not eating correctly. I know I'm being hard here but I really don't see what's so hard about doing Atkins.

I'm just trying to get you pumping and wanting to do this right, so you can lose!

Diana