Old 11-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #16  
beachbum

PUNCEZILLA-The sore throat is gone,and I feeling a lot better. I will be able to sing tomorrow for choir rehearsal.The 5 factor diet is not working like I thought it would. I haven't lost anything,and I in my 2nd week. But maybe with all that was going on with me, my bod is being stubborn and won't let me lose. Still stuck at 163.

LYNN-I though 4 Way nasal spray was new as thats what it said on the carton.Any way it does work,and it will remain in my medicine cabinet. What state do you live in???? We have some Yankees up here but they not New Yorkers or from RI. They're the ancestors from the British that moved here many years ago.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #17  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, the C25K program is an exercise program that supposedly can take a person from being a couch potato to being able to run 3 continuous miles in a 2 month period. I can already tell that I'm gonna have to take it slower than it recommends, so it will take me longer. The link to it is posted in Maintainers forum last week, last page by Nightengale Shane. I chose to do it cause I get bored with just walking and was finding myself jogging at intervals just for the change of pace.

The eating plan that I'm following right now is SB induction. Today is Day 5 and I have managed to stay perfectly on plan.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #18  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Greetings from auddies' "Great to Bad to Worse" Report.

The Pediatric Dentist was super faboo - should have took her there when she was 3! FULL cleaning - FULL panoramic x rays - FULL on referral to a pediatric orthodontist! This place was like a Chuck E Cheez PARTY ON atmosphere: Giant bird cages/aquariums/computer games/ kids all in one central exam area with lots of chairs/parents NOT allowed in there until the end . . . just GREAT/no panic/anxiety/ - NADA!

GREAT cont'd: Went out to lunch . . . went shopping for DH's birthday Wed - "quality time" in the Big City with DD, right?

Going to the BAD part of this: Decided to take Tessie to her swim class and go into work a bit later than late . . . showing me her swim moves . . . I'm watching thru the upstairs glass just a'beaming . . . funny look on her face suddenly - points up at me - coughing/sneezing - by the time I get down there and open the door - she's standing on the deck with her face running with BLOOD!

FF: Clean up . . . go home . . . open gifts with Dad . . . cough intensifies & gets to whistling-like . . . decide to run her over to Urgent Care - Long Story Short(er) -

WORSE: The Poor Little Thing has PNEUMONIA!

Thank God we caught it earlyearly - but GEEEEZ LOUISE what a roller coaster of a day!

Happy to report she's responding well to the meds . . . I'm taking another nite off so will be back when I can to catch up on all the LC Chatter News - ttyal!

Last edited by aud; 11-06-2007 at 02:34 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #19  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Oh my goodness Auddie, I hope she get's better soon! That's horrible. I got that twice when I was a little girl, and that's all I'll say cuz it was bad. Hopefully she'll be 100% real soon!
I have to carry my boy to the doc tomorrow. He fell on the playground @ school last Friday and has had really bad headaches every since. Plus he's having nose bleeds, which I think are from the heater, but I wanna be sure. Pooor dude. I did get a humidifer and so far so good until today. He was bleeding so much this moring I could actually smell the blood.

We usually have a nice time together though when we go on these journies. It takes an hour to get there, so we usually end up having lunch and just hanging. Besides all the driving and having to carry to and pick up my man from work, it should be cool. I really hate driving.

So far so good with the Low carb situation. I am still triping out on the higher calorie thing. iu have counted calories for a while now and I am soooooooo going over what I normally allow myself, but I lost weight anyways...go figure....
BTW, if any of you watch The Biggest Loser it comes on @ 8 pm tonight. Two hours of weight losing drama!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:38 AM   #20  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

OMG I am back to feeling completely normal again. They sent me home from work yesterday again. GRRRRR!!! But I guess I needed it cause I drank a bunch of gatorade and crashed hard. Super hard. I went to sleep freezing and woke up in a sweat which means I was probably running fever. I did go OP but I dont think my stomach would have been able to handle anything like that. But the scale did say that I was down 3 pounds. I dont know whether to believe it but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. I am sure that it will be up tomorrow. I am just so excited to feel good. So I will be starting over yes again. I am not giving up. So here is to day one of induction. LOL. And can you believe this, I am not running late this morning. Me and my MIL have already decided to do our walk tonight so hopefully that will help with being OP yesterday. Well I am off to make some breakfast. Thanks to all of you who told me to feel better cause it worked.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:56 AM   #21  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I'm just checking in to let you know I'm ok,but in a rush as I have to have my hair cut & styled just before we have our annual Seniors Luncheon,and than off to my choir rehearsal. So going to out of the house for most of the day,will check in later after I get home late this afternoon.

Have a great day

Hugs BB
Old 11-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #22  
aud
lc lifestyle

Great to Bad to Worse to WORSER cont'd:

Big Girl (Molly 21) went to the Doc this morning and has . . . . *insert drum roll* - you guessed it: PNEUMONIA too!

Also did tons of tests for her cont'd anemia and now possible thyroid problem. Will call with results. Both girls ensconced on couches with trays of meds and currently enjoying cartoons together. Tess is busy with homework catch-up & Molly is helping her with Thank You cards with her scrapbooking supplies.

Haven't made it to work yet this week - and looks like I'll be taking tonight off as well.

Confession: Kind of enjoying being a "Mom" - but only because both are doing so good/responding to medicine.

Update: Don't think I updated ya on my lil 6 yr old niece who was in the ICU unit of top hospital soooo long, have I? Well, she spent only 2 days in a "regular" room b4 being released Monday - spent all that time in the ICU unit - they flew Dr.'s in from all over the USA - still NO diagnosis! Lives in a very rural area of MO - so has a direct link to the Hospital and visiting nurses arranged - on SIX different blood pressure meds and all kinds of steroids - Dr.'s are split 3 different ways on what caused the condition - they don't care anymore what it is - just treating the symptoms.

So sad.

So much sickness on my mind - sorry to unburden it here.

I'll be back later.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #23  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I hope your girls are feeling better soon AUD. And thanks for the update on your niece, I'm praying the doc's will figure it out soon. It's always very sad when someone so young is so ill.

I'm Still hangin' in there but not losing. not giving up this time. Started using fitday again and I don't think I'm eating enough veggies.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #24  
It's my perogative!

Talking

Hey ladies just checking in on my lunch. Been OP all day so far. The girl sitting with me has a yummy looking cheesecake. I passed on it. I know I am not eating enough veggies. I need to buy some salad bags to have salads here at work. Well I gotta get back to work. Will check in when I get home.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #25  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back from a busy day,Had a wonderful dinner at the Seniors Volunteer's Luncheon. Had scrod for the main entree and I left a strawberry/vanilla ice cream cake with meringue on top. Save about 400 cal on that one.

We also had our first choir rehearsal and I could sing again,no more sore throat. The 4 way nasal sprayed helped my pro nasal drip that was bothering my throat.Did know that I had such a problem as I didn't feel any other symptoms except the sore throat. Weired isn't it.

Have a great evening

Hugs BB
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #26  
It's my perogative!

Talking still op

Well I made it through the day. I started feeling crummy after lunch but I stayed on track. I made myself some turkey burger patties for tomorrow. Well I am watching the cma's so I will catch up with ya'll tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #27  
aud
lc lifestyle

Tx for the cont'd prayers fittie - the poor lil thing sure can use them all!

How's your lil boys headaches diva? Head injuries are so scary to me of all the things we go thru in Motherhood. It IS hard to quit thinking about calories - but just keep thinking that carb count will become 2nd nature and not having to do all that calorie counting and fat gram stuff is the BEAUTY of this wol - not to mention the RESULTS weight and HEALTH wise.

How'd your haircut & style turn out beachie? GREAT job on passing up the dessert! Haven't found a stylist I liked in YEARS now - - the one I loved moved to another state and I've been going to the Kwikky Kuts (LOL) ever since. I'm growing out a particularly bad cut the last few months and have decided I want to look like Meg Ryan after seeing a Challenge on "Shear Genius."

Love me some Reality TV!

I've read soooo many good things about the C25K program lilyb - not procrastinating but reallyreally need to be a bit smaller b4 I can commit to jogging - I'm thinking of checking it out when I get to 180 or so. I know that azzie does it somehow with her ipod.(????) I'm hopeless when it comes to technology - gonna have my Oldest help me with it when the time comes. Please let us know how you like it.

So glad you're not giving up puncie - you WILL see a WHOOOOSH soon, I just know it. What kind of things are you plugging into fitday?

The sauce over your chicken sounded TRES YUMMY lynnar! I've been finishing up some broccoli around here too - wish I would have thought of using it "under" chicken.

Been mostly keeping it simple since my latest "episode" - had plain lettuce with a bit of olive oil and some scrambled eggs for brunch - lc yogurt for a snack and some deliciously tender pork roast and 2 stalks of lightly salted broccoli for supper . . . gotta keep glugging the water down - so unused to being HOME!

Both girls are doing good on their respective meds - Doc gave Molly a "Z pack" - her thyroid came back normal but the anemia persists so that's worrisome.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #28  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, ladies!! It's me, Az! Remember me It's been awhile since I've posted over here for some reason. I guess between W.O.W. and TBL and the Lifters, I somehow lost my LC Girls! But I'm back!

I had a complete fall off the LC wagon this weekend, I posted about it elsewhere, but I feel like whenever I go home, a switch is flipped in my brain and I just reach for anything and EVERYTHING that's off plan. It's INSANE. I need to dig deep, find the switch, and flip it back OFF before I get home. I've got a 3 hour drive to get there, so I've got plenty of time to switch it before I have the chance to make bad food choices. If this is going to be my way of life, doing it can't be situational. I'm going to have to learn to do this at home, too.

So, tonight I had some non-induction items...Strawberries and peanut butter--they'd be fine for OWL, but not for Induction. I've decided that until I complete 14 days with NO OFF-PLAN FOOD, I'm not going to move on to OWL. So, tomorrow's day 1--again. Let's see if I can make it this time

I had a terrific time in the gym today--doing squats in the squat rack with a bar for the first time was AWESOME. I honestly never thought I'd like lifting weights as much as I do. And my favorite weight lifting moves are bench presses, romanian deadlifts and squats...who would have thought?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #29  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Well, yesterday was just a bad day all around. Like I said we have to drive an hour to get to the boy's doc (He has a concussion ), everything was fine on the way, but on the way back the car starts acting all weird. We FINALLY get home and it turns out to be a pretty simple thing but unfortunately we don't have the little bit of cash to fix it just yet...not until Fri, so BF decides to over react like it's the end of the &%^)# Universerse and this just completely got on my last nerve. I already do not like him much this week, because, he ALWAYS tries acting like nothing ever happened after a fight, which we had last Sat. This is a BAD thing after a while, because I am starting to really resent the fact that this jerk off can't seem to say a few simple words, like I am sorry I hurt your feelings and I love you. No instead he acts a fool. I am not one to like conflict, and I choose my battles carefully now. This was NOT the case in my younger yrs but I have totally mellewed out, so when and if I do get upset or say anything, there IS something behind it, I don't just go around picking fights. So, every day that goes by, I like him a little less and now it is to the point that him breathing really disturbs me! lol! I'm just not in the damn mood for him. I guess I am going to have to email his dumb *** and tell him exactly how I feel and if he gets pissy with me, well, it wouldn't be anyhting new. Screw him. I'm thinking I am NOT going to marry him. We've lived together in sin this long (5 1/2 yrs) why get married now. I don't want to be legally bound to a man that can't apologize and talk things through like a grown up. Soooooooooo....Now I am trying to lose this weight for me! Me and only me and NOT to fit into an overpriced dress I'd only wear one time.

Speaking of diets... I completely crumbled yesterday @ Micky-D's. The Fries & Chicken Nuggest won out over salad. I'm starting to get really sick of salad, lol! So anyways...yesterday was bad. I hope I haven't undone all the good I've done. I refuse to get on the scale because if it reflects my bad choices yesterday I don't wanna see it. I am irritabel enuff as it is. So back on track today and gonne do some serious working out to rid myself of some of this aggression and stress I am feeling.

Unsure of menu right now, but I promise to eat smart.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #30  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I can't believe I'm posting this early,and have eaten my breakfast also. Its going to be an early night for me, bedtime being around 9ish.

I was terrible with the exercising this whole week,didn't feel like doing any.Scared to get on the scale,and that my ticker is going to stay dormant for another week.
-

AUD-OH NO!!! I can't believe that both DD have pneumonia. How in the world did they get that germ???? Do You think it was from the swimming pool??????I never like public pools. You never know what people have or what disease they're carrying. So sorry:sorry to hear that.AUD don't be silly, burden us all you want. We're hear for all other troubles not only weight issues.Hope you kids are on the mend soon sending get wishes for the both. I had my hair cut short on the sides & back and long enough on the top to put a curing iron though it.Don't have the cravings for sweets anymore,its the sodium that giving me the problem.

Diva-Sorry to hear about your little boy also. Gee I'm gone from this board a day and all this bad stuff is happening to my cyber friends.Head aches that is a thing to worry about,Hope he on the mend real soon. You must be doing something right when you still losing. Gee !! I can't believe I missed the first the 1/2 hr of the Biggest Loser. I turned it on at 8:30. Hope I didn't miss much. I can't believe that Neil is still on the show,after the stunt he pulled.

LILY-Thanks for tell me about theC25K ,I had no idea what it was. Good Luck in your new exercise route.

ilovemike-Good job losing 3 lbs when you weren't feeling well. See you doing fine,wish I could lose,when I had my sore throat.Scale just doesn't like to move.

AZURE-Welcome back,You'll get back to where you were. You so in control,and you;ll be back in the zone in no time

Have to go,will be back later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-08-2007 at 08:45 AM.