Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #16  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I don't have any time to post, I took Leo to the hospital for the Endoscopy Procedure that will widen this throat a bit so he can swallow better.

Have to pick him up,in two hours.,and than I have to go to a funeral rehearsal my choir is having this afternoon for the funeral mass for my friend tomorrow morning.

Fit-Congrats on your 1 lb weight loss.I agree with you TOM can play a big factor in weight loss. Luckily:luckily: He doesn't visit me anymore.I'm here, I just was delayed in posting as I had to go to the hospital this morning. Something I didn't know about coconut oil,aiding into weight loss. I know about apple cider vinegar ,but never oil. Learn something new very day.

AZURE-Maybe next week I will join you & go back to induction[phase 1] as I wrote my food journal for this week.I need to lower the carb again,as they were creeping up over the weekend with comfort foods.

Aud-I see you LOVE HALLOWEEN ,as your counting down to the event. My favorite Halloween movies are with Bella Lagose & Christopher Lee's Dracula
Movies. Thanks for the well wishes,sorry about you tooth ache,send some [[[[cyper hugs]]]]] your way.

Missy Fluff-Thanks for your wishes also, I really feeling a lot better now that I changed my meds.Sorry for breaking your engagement,but its better to find out before you got married.

Puncezilla-Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Good for you you didn't feel like over indulging. We are going to be alone on our Thanksgiving and we will do the same.

Lyn-We didn't have any Columbus Day celebration either.Maybe up in Boston but not down here on the Cape.Congrats on your 8 lb loss. You doing terrific,wish I could move my ticker down. When I do go down its very very SLOOOW!!

Lily-Happy to see you posting again,glad that your shopping proved positive.

ilovemike-I didn't know you weren't feeling well, hope you're on the mend.Oh My!! an noncancerous tumor on your tummy. So sorry to hear about that. That a huge tumor glad it out and you can go one with your life. Thanks for you well wishes in a early post.

Have to go,start my dinner above I go out again.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Red face

THIS is weird... I drank alcohol last night. I know I know you aren't supposed to, I had 3 shots of vodka in diet coke. Other than that I only ate meat yesterday, eggs, ground turkey, steak, and have decreased my cheese consumption in general.

This morning...I LOST 2 LBS!!! 133.5! YAY!

But I don't think it's real. I think I'm just dehydrated from the alcohol...I drank a TON of water last night before I went to bed and I am not hung over or anything, but I'm always a couple pounds lighter after I drink....so I think it's a false loss....but I'm gonna enjoy it anyways
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #18  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I love post-boozing losses on the scale. They usually don't last, but I know you've been trying to knock yourself out of a plateau--so enjoy it, hon! Maybe it'll stick!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #19  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

'Morning All . . . so glad the dentist can get me in at 1pm . . . couldn't go on this way and it's all my own fault. Got a "temporary" crown that I missed the two week apptment for the permanent one - Oh - I'd say about two MONTHS ago!: Started getting sensitive to hot/cold b4 going into throbbing pain. I'm soaking it in hot coffee right now and it's doing a bit better. Even tho' the AHA said that it's not necessary anymore - I'm taking the mega anti-biotics b4 the apptment for my mitrol valve infection protection . . . told the doc that living thru my Late Mom's Mitrol Valve Replacement Surgery leaves me wanting to be safer than sorrier, ya know?

As we said in the 70's - quite often - "Better Living Thru Pharmaceuticals!"

I'm a believer.

We've got a LOT of medical stuff going on, don't we LC'ers? Thoughts & Prayers to Beachies' Leo & ilmike's continued recovery sent out!

Don't think I've Posted about the crisis in our extended family - my Great Niece has been in ICU for over a week with kidney failure! (My Retired Sis' granddaughter - I DID post about her when Puncie was going to visit Family that never were real concerned about her medical condition, remember?) Anyhoo . . . I Posted about how her Mom and other GMa would give her iced tea even tho' it flushed her potassium out - a no-no with her genetic potassium prob as a toddler and how she'd been doing fine for the last 5-6 years?

Should have known to knock on wood.

Now the Poor Lil 6 yr old has renal failure that top docs in the nation are having trouble pinpointing the cause of! First they thought it was related to a strep infection - but have ruled that out. They've got a name for it but I've misplaced after googling - but something like "globular proliferative nephritis Type 2" - with the most worrisome symptom (besides the threat of permanent kidney damage/dialysis/transplant) is out of control blood pressure/very high levels that beta blockers isn't bringing down.

Mega Prayer Request as the Doc's try to find out if this is related to her Potassium Disorder and/or lupus that runs in our side of the family.

Disturbing side note: Yes, the dysfunctional Mom/Grandma & Grandma BF ARE trying to sneak her PEPSI & Food from the cafeteria - even tho' everything that goes in the Poor Dear's mouth and out the other end is being carefully measured and monitored - WTF is WRONG with these people?????????:
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #20  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Aud, I will sure be praying for your niece, and the doctors who are treating her. I'll never understand how her Mom and Gran would try to give her things she shouldn't have. I hope she has someone there realy looking out for her.

Have fun at the dentist .

Ilovemike, Ouch! I hope your recovering well, aside from the blisters. I'v never heard of anyone being alergic to the tape before! I have a lot of allergies too, after living with nose bleeds, headaches, GI-distress, eczema etc.. I can relate to them being hard to deal with. I hope you find something that helps, and doesn't cost a fortune.

BB, I hope DHs hospital visit went well.

Kraw, Hope the loss sticks! According to the book the vodka shouldn't take you out of ketosis. Sorry about your BF. Good luck with the house hunting.

Fit, I have read about coconut oil being good and am going to buy some next time I go out. I also just ordeed some coconut flour from nettrition, it is very high in fiber and low in carbs.

Lynn, Good thinking to cut back on dairy and diet pop. I would also look closer at the sausages most of them contain wheat crumbs and/or high fructose corn syrup. These can definately stall you. I don't know how much you have to lose, but if you are close to goal it will be slower and you may also have to watch callories or increase exrcise. I find fitday very helpful. Hang in there, you'll make it work!

I hope everyone else is having a good week! Missing you, Bouncie!

Last edited by Puncezilla; 10-09-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #21  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Auddie, I'm so sorry about your niece. I'll keep your family in my thoughts, for sure. I wish your great-niece's doctors would tell the family to stay away--or at least insist on monitoring the visits, so they can't give her something that could potentially harm or kill her! I hope your dentist appointment went well, too. I need to see a dentist myself, soon...I haven't been able to find a good one.

BB-- Hey, if you want to do Induction with me, feel free I think I just need to drop myself back down to the basics before I start adding more carbs, slowly. So far, so good!

So far, so good! I resisted the temptation to give in to junk food yesterday, and today's great so far, too I went for a walk just now to get a few things from Target (I was out of printer paper), and it was a lovely hour-long walk. It's beautiful outside today: sunny, cool, breezy...just a gorgeous textbook New England Fall day! My favorite kind!

Tonight, it's cardio kickboxing again I LOVE that class so much. The instructor's 5 foot nothing, lean, muscular and just PACKED full of energy. She's so energetic the whole time!

Anyway, it's early yet and I'm gonna try to get some work done before my class tonight! Love you ladies!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:35 PM   #22  
beachbum

My Leo Is Home, and hes Fine,except that hes hungry. Pureed a hot homemade veggie soup for him.

He says that he'll be alright so, I can leave him & go to our choir rehearsal & right after go to the funeral home next door to the church for the wake.

Have to go will check in tomorrow after the funeral.

Have a great evening

Hugs Maryann
Old 10-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #23  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Talking

Tonight, it's cardio kickboxing again I LOVE that class so much. The instructor's 5 foot nothing, lean, muscular and just PACKED full of energy. She's so energetic the whole time!

I love cardio kickboxing. I took it when i was in high school and omg the weight just melted away. i wish they had classes here near me i would so sign up for it in a instant.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #24  

Hey if alcohol really causes weight loss I should be skin and bones! I thought it was alcohol that caused the weight gain! I've been trying to stay on the wagon (induction!) but I had a couple of drinks both Saturday nights in the last two weeks. Didn't notice an effect either way.
Lots of medical stuff going on. Anyone who can stay on plan through things like tumor removal or even bad tooth aches is doing better then me! I've been very lucky lately though and so has my family. (knock wood).
I haven't taken the time to make myself a ticker or even add stats to my signature, but I'd like to lose a total of 80 or 90 pounds. In a way, I have a hard time believing that. I've been in denial for a long time. My shorter term goal was supposed to be 30 pounds by Thanksgiving, but that's a little ambitous. I wanted to have a good weight loss in the two months leading up to Thanksgiving and then try to maintain through Christmas and then start all over again in losing mode. That was the plan, as flawed as it may be. I'll probably keep trying but that month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is my own personal weight loss ****. Besides the problem of lots of really good food, you have to factor in the stress and the parties and the baking and.... If I can maintain it's a victory.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #25  
It's my perogative!

I just had to post this really quick. I was looking for a new "1st" job to replace my one that is out of town and closer to home and i finally found one. i start on friday. ok now i have to go to walmart to get my stuff.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #26  

Hi All... I've posted on other LC threads but haven't checked in here at chat so I thought I would for a change. I haven't posted much the last two weeks, life is hectic with work, family, and college.

My dad has cancer and has had to start chemo again, today was the first day (he is in for inpatient chemo, three days per week every other week for the next six months). It's going to be a long winter! It's been a good three years off the chemo, but he went down hill the last month or so.

I hope everyone has been doing good lately. I'll try to stop in and say hi at least once a week. Thanks for all the support!
alie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #27  
It's my perogative!

Just wanted to jump on here really quick. Today is my first day of induction and my official starting day weigh in is 249 even. Now i am going back to bed cause I am sleepy and I will post when I wake up. Have a great day ladies.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #28  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Alie, lots of positive thoughts for your dad

Lots has been going in my head the last week, and its been a tough road. Ive made some discoveries. Things Ive known all along, but finally admitted to myself that I need help for it. I am back on plan today, and I will keep my promise to myself today

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #29  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Pharmaceuticals and more pharmaceuticals . . . gosh I'm in pain and whacked on vicodin - bad news is: Tooth STILL pounding! Need a root canal but have to take all this anti-biotic first . . . temporary crown still on and the pressure is becoming unbearable. Gotta go in early to work so giving it another day - if it feels like this tomorrow just going to have to have them yank this sucker. Last nite was a real Vico-Adventure as I wandered the assembly lines in a pain pill fog - today the forecast is even foggier!

Who was wondering about expired keto-sticks? I asked the nurse at work and she didn't think they would be affected much by expiration dates unless they were years and years old.

Hiya alie! Glad you came by to chat! Prayers on the way for your Dad & you.

I am stumped that you are stalled lynnar! I think the weight should just be falling off you! I think I remember jerseygirl saying cheeses stalled her but not sure on that . . . the only other thing I can think of is the diet Coke - not the lime. I've weaned myself off all carbonated "diet" drinks and experienced a whoosh of weight loss when I switched to iced tea/green tea.

Dunno.

GOT to be frustrating.

As I look around this cluttered house think I'll continue dreaming of a studio apartment and also now: CARDIO KICKBOXING! What do you actually DO in a class like that? Fight someone else or just pretend? How does it get intense enuf for cardio? Do you wear boxing gloves?

Tried the boxing thingie the other night - (little bag?) Couldn't get a rhythm going. Hilarious. Not gonna try that again while I'm in Vico-Fog!

Tx so much for the little niece prayers everyone! She sure needs them. The family dynamic thing is complicated . . . the nurses HAVE run some of the extended family out of the room - who were lounging around on the floor eating and drinking in front of her etc . . . and did sternly tell the Mom & Grandma OFF when they overheard about the Pepsi etc . . . My Sis (her other G'ma) is in a precarious position of overhearing this crap - which they oddly think is all about "love," ya know? - but if she is too forceful she is afraid they will make HER leave. The Dad - her youngest son - is a wimp - totally dominated by these two women. What's tragic - this may be at the expense of his daughters LIFE! My Sis did speak up and tell the nurse when they were in the process of sneaking her PIZZA of all things . . . as I told you - she's on an extremely monitored bland diet with NO SODIUM. The nurse went wild and my Sis got the blame - so walking a fine line with these inlaws - she HAS to be there to protect the lil thing . . . but actually has no rights as a grandparent if the parents say they don't want her there, ya know?

AAAAAaaaack . . . that story reactivated my toothache!

Just NUTS!

So glad you checked in lilyb! Wish bouncie would too! Saw there were some landslides in CA the other day but didn't hear the name Cobb Mountain . . . now I'm starting to worry.

azzie tx so much for being here . . . Gosh I LOVE reading your Posts! IA with beachie that you could be a model! I'm finding myself more and more in love with rock body Jillian - but just know that I can't do anything too complicated like figuring macro-nutrients right now. Maybe when I'm rock bodied? My goal is to become like a whole food - intuitive eater - most days that goal seems far fetched - but some times I see the glimmer and that's what keeps me going.

Right now I just see the glimmer of Vico-Fog - oh YEAH - it's kicking in Baby!

Congrats on the new & improved job ilmike! I'll be thinking of you and your first day of Induction.

I've been OffPlan eating some soft foods in the last two days . . . I've got some yogurts in now so will be right back on track - I know it's tricky with the dairy/antibiotics but just couldn't think what else I can get past this throbbing Ball O'Roots, ya know?

Gosh this is a loooong a$$ Post . . . and haven't even "spoke" to Beloved Beachie & Puncie & Fit & Fluffy & Robin & krawie!

I also sometimes wonder how Sherry is doing. Come tell us Sherry if you're out there! Hello to ms.spotdog as well!!! *waving*

Love and Good Vibes to All . . . ttyal!

Last edited by aud; 10-10-2007 at 03:09 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #30  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

What a whirl wind I went though this weekend but now Leo is home and doing fine and the funeral for my friend is over, I should be able to get back to my normal self again.

Going to start my induction[phase1] again,tomorrow now that I go the food in. I baking Rev.Rolls as I posting. I love bread and its off limits on either plan.So the rev rolls is a great find on the L/C recipe sites.Its eggs & ricotta cheese,and its welcome on Induction.

Kraw-Great weigh loss Congrats on your 2- lbs.

AUD-Prayers on there way for both children. I hate that when it happens to little children.They're so innocent,have no idea why it happens to them. Sorry you had such a time at the dentist. Hope the pain subsides soon.

Puncezilla-All is Ok again,thanks for your prayers.

Azure-Thanks, I'm going to go back to Induction tomorrow. I don't know why, but I seem to be adding carbs back too fast into my menus. That happened to me when I was on the South Beach also. I have to get a real good carb counter,or pay more attention to fitday,and get out of that bad habit. Never tried kickboxing.Is it hard to learn??? I saw some videos at the Mall,but thought they were to hard for some like me to do.

Lynn-Losing 30 lbs by Thanksgiving could be doable,but 15 is most likely. If you lose 2 lbs a week that thats 8 in a month and 16 in two months. Those are the #'s I'm aiming for. Good Luck in your weight loss journey.

ilovemike-Big congrats for finding you new job.Very happy for you,have a great time shopping.

alie-Hi Welcome to the board. You'll like it here the ladies are very supportive and motivative also.Sorry about your fathers cancer.I went thought that 1 year ago with my DH.
but thank goodness hes in remission. He had lung cancer,and the radiation & chemo treatments were harsh but the cancer is gone. Hope you find that in your case also.

Hugs BB