Old 05-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #61  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default New Job!!!

I know I could have edited the last post but I am so excited that I needed to start a new one. I am starting a new job the 4th. Yes i am a bit scared but more scared of not working. I do hope that these next two weeks will get me into the groove that I do not do what I did last time. I will have to try hard to keep OP most of the time (I will be on the road all the time) and must keep the exercise up, I know they have YM's at Syracuse so If I have to visit one on my lunch I can do that. I do preferr to do it early in the morning and not have to worry if I have my shampoo/conditioner or clean undies.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #62  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Nasus, congrat's on the new job. I hope you love it.

Tonite, I finally got back on the elliptical after I did my gardening. My thighs are sore now. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:45 AM   #63  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Congratulations Sue!! What are you going to be doing in your new job?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Congrats NASUS - new jobs are exciting. Could use that myself.

Go Lilly - I'm jealous - I want an eliptical trainer!

For the "why is my wt going up" question - could be if you started to exercise more you put on muscle. Could be you haven't had a Bowel movement in awhile (who said that - that's gross). Could be you weighed at a different time of day - I do same time of day every time - naked first thing in the afternoon (when I get up) after I pee. Heck, I even get my contacts in to keep from weighing my glasses. (Is that obsessive?)

I've also found if I eat too much low carb junk food (sugar free goodies and such) my wt stalls sometimes. And at that time of month sometimes I go up instead of down but quickly drop after "Aunt Gertie" goes home again.

I saw on Regis and Kelly where Kelly said she weighs naked - only after she pees - and then pops off her pony tail holder - doesn't want the added wt of a pony tail holder! HA - and she's skinny!

Still OP, got OP plans for this week! Gotta go - starting my time off for the week. Got some R&R to hurry up and get started
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:23 AM   #65  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Nothing new on the Cape,just going to hang around and get my laundry washed.Its one of those lazy days for me. Don't know why,unless its for the lack of sleep for a couple of nights thats bringing in this melancholy mood.

Jamie-I hope you had a good W-I today.You're welcome, where ever I can help,as we all in this boat together. I eating more veggies that 3 cups a day. That the only thing I have besides protein for all three meals.

Punezilla-I use flax meal for recipes for pancakes, pizza crusts and when ever a recipe call for flour.The recipes call for no more than 1/2 c.as the recipes are from the low carb recipe boards.I'd go by the bag,the flaxmeal I use is Bob Redmill Products.Thanks I 'm glad as the other medicine I had terrible heart burn,that I had to stop taking it.

Lily-Thats great about your tomato plants. I still have to wait until the beginning of June before I can think about putting my plants in the ground. Up here in Cape Cod we still could get frost.

Nasus-Congrats on your new job,and sending you that your traveling won't hurt your weight loss success.

Have to go, have a great morning

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #66  
Jabunney

S/C/G: 198.6/190.3/140

Height: 5'5

Default Good morning all!

Well first off Congratulations Nasus on the new job! I just started one but still looking for a better one as I just setteled for the first one so I could still have money coming in. Anywho...

Ok Found out why I might have gained, as one person put it Ms. Gertie came to visit, late yesterday... AGAIN, but today I am down 1.4 so I am happy still can't seem to get the strips dark but I am cutting out the SF candy. *(boo hoo)* That seemed to be my saving grace. Now I have a ruber band on my wrist and pop it when I want some candy... *(that's obsesive)sp??

Also last night made some of these, parmasean crackers, oh man were they good with some homemade guacamole... Had about 3 TBLS but man it was good with the crunch!

Well time for work, already today I have had 1 bite of my chicken salad that I made for lunch, 5:30 am, my "diet orange soda", currentyly, and my eggs with sausage, and cheese at 8:15. Going to fill my 2 liter jug of water up and see if I can down 2 of those again today... Yesterday that was 4 liters of just water plus crystal lite, and a couple "diet soda" I drink a lot!!!

Well hats off to you guys, hope that each and everyone of you have a GREAT day! Look forward to reading many posts today!

Jamie
jabunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:07 PM   #67  

Hi everyone...sorry I didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday...busy at work.

And speaking of work...very long story won't post it all.......but this job really bites and I like what I do New supervisor.....same old jerk....new manager....same old lies.

So.....even under this stress yesterday I wasn't too bad. Went to the vending machine and was all set to get some chips...but bought peanuts instead...very proud of me. BUT when I got home last night I had a nice salad with chicken....and suddenly I was alone in the kitchen doing the dishes when I started eating everything in site! A weight watchers chocolate cake and some backed chips! *faint* what was that all about!

Today back on track....find that I am eating constantly in the am. After lunch I could care less...in fact most days lately I don't want lunch. Strange.

Jamie: Don't worry...we all have those ups and downs. When I first did Atkins I couldn't get into ketosis no matter how good I was. But I still lost 30 pounds.

BB: Everytime you post I am jeleous...you are down the Cape. I am in MA also. My parents had a home in Pocasset when I was little. I have fond memories of it. Congrats on the new computer and welcome back!

Kel: I am laughing at the Regis and Kelly thing...I too tend to take off everything I possibly can....watch, bracelet...you name it!

lilybelle: Oh I am jeleous of the elliptical too.....we almost got one this year. But the tax return wasn't as big as we hoped. So I hoof it outdoors!

to all...back to work I go
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #68  
lilybelle

My wt. really can fluctuate quite a lot if I eat anything salty. I bounce between 142-147 and I don't worry much if I stay in that range. It seems to be where my natural wt. range is at.

Last night I went to Walmart and bought stakes for my tomato plants and put them in the ground. I planted a row of okra and got my strawberry patch ready to plant. I bought Cantaloupe to plant but need to first pull my potatoes to have enough room. Next yr. I will expand the size of my garden as I'm finding that I really enjoy doing this and it gives me lots of exercise.

BB, I imagine it's still a lot cooler where you are at. We are mostly 90 degree temps now. So, it's great time to plant the warmer weather stuff.

I am managing to stay OP now, which is good.

jane, you just reminded me to call my tax lady. I talked with IRS the other day and they claim they never got my tax form. I was due a small refund. This makes 3 consecutive yrs. that they say they didn't get my tax form. I'm beginning to think it's the tax preparer's fault as she E-files it everytime. Then I end up refiling it and get my refund in Oct. or Nov. each yr. DH and I file separately and there has never been a problem with his not getting there on time. It's a conspiracy, I just know it is. LOL.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #69  
Jabunney

Good morning.. Almost afternoon...
Well today I am down only .4 but I was bad last night. I had a little *(not so little) to drink about 4 of these new Mike's Cranberry hard lemonaid, Lite... I had never seen the lite before and they were yummy and then I realized that I had 4 of them... Oh well.
So I went to the DR yesterday and my doctor is checking my thyroid, and I had thought I felt a lump in my left boob and Dr confirmed, so I am kinda scared. I went to the extreme last night and just kept thinking the worst. My poor boyfriend... Anyway trying not to get to worked up about it again and just deal with it as it comes...

Well hope all of you have a Fabo day!
jamie
Old 05-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #70  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Didn't have a chance to post this morning as I was watching the 2 final episodes of 24. On the web.

Its Wednesday and W-I is only two day away,don't know if I going to lose as the scale it upward with morning.

Jamie-Does the rubber band around your writing working. I need to something to stop my mindless eating,that not in my journal. Happy the scale is moving down SAD to hear about your lump.Hope that everything will work out.

Jane-Sorry to hear about the sabotage in the kitchen. I find if I don't eat even protein I start eating everything in sight also.Started have 4 0z of protein[meats,chicken & fish] but now I find that I have to up the oz to 6-8 in oder to be satisfied. We love the Cape,thats why we retired up here. I'm originally from NY.,and every time I go down to visit with my DD I 'm so happy to see the Welcome to Cape Cod sign again.

Lily-Salt is my problem with weight gain also. My doctor to me we carve salt more than sweets being on a low carb diet. In two weeks we will get our tomato plants and I'm going to try to plant some herbs as well.

Hugs BB
Old 05-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #71  
Jabunney

Exclamation Afternoon Post

Hey there,
Good afternoon people!
Hey BB yes, the rubberband around my wrist seems to be working, I pop myself when I want a S/F candy, I still have eaten some but not like the whole bag anymore. Maybe like 3-4 pieces a day.

Jane, I can definately understand the kitchen thing, I have counted many a times doing that. I now have deviled eggs, homemade chicken salad, and lots of cheese in fridge, *(Thanks to my BF that went on a cheese ben for me... He bought me every kind of cheese available...

and Lily, the salt... Problem for me is I want sweets after the salty... Yummo!!! I don't know about that one...

No plans for dinner and that isn't good... I have no idea what to make. Oh well, Any suggestions?

Back to work for now!
ja
Old 05-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #72  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, I cleared out 2 old flower beds that are at the back of my property to plant my strawberries and cantaloupes in. OMG, it was hard work. There was an old rock wall around the beds, that had crumbled. I know that I must have moved at least 200 lbs. of rocks. I was picking them up and throwing them in a pile about 20 feet away. It reminded me of my old high school days when I threw the shotput and discus. LOL. I pulled up tons of old flower buds and weeds. (even poison ivy, which I'm luckily not allergic to). I really overdid it. My arms, back and shoulders are so sore that I'm now taking ibuprofen to calm the muscle aches. I don't know why, but once I start a project, I don't want to stop til I'm done. Tonite, I plan to get the fruit planted, mow around the new garden area and then pick all those rocks up again and put them on a trailer for DH to haul off. By tomorrow, I'll probably be so sore that I won't be able to move for a few days. LOL.

My MIL was laughing at how much squash I planted. She said she usually only plants 4 squash plants and has plenty all summer. I planted 3 ROWS , so at least 75 plants. LOL, we are going to have squash with every meal. I'm going to give lots to my neighbors and send lots to work with DH to give to his co-workers. (Every single plant has 10-15 baby squash on it now, LOL). This is my first garden, so I didn't know how much to plant.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #73  
Baby Steps

Sorry I've been MIA. Arm is still the same--and new stuff (always) adding on top of that. So haven't been online. WI was good this morning but I'm afraid to change the ticker as I don't know if it'll STAY down this time. Been doing good eating wise--just not water (or exercise) wise. Other than that, I'm still around everyone!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #74  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Wow Lily, you are ambitious, just don't hurt yourself. 3 rows of squash should feed the whole nighborhood and then some.

Brenda , I noticed you have been MIA, Glad you are still here.

Jamie, Sorry to hear about your visit to the Dr, I hope everything will be OK. Good Idea with the rubber band.

BB , The Cape sounds so nice. I bought the bobs red mill also, but have only made pancakes sofar. Of course I had to eat them all, I have a hard time with portion controle with things like that. Where did you find the pizza crust recipe?

Hi Jane, Way to go avoiding the chips. As for the other stuff, nobodys perfect. I know its hard when you have a stressful job.

I'm down another lb today. So-far so-good.
We sold our truck so we have to go find something new (to-us) So i m of to go look at some. I hope everyone has a good day. By-by for now.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #75  
beachbum

Hi Puncezilla I can't find the website where I found the Pizza but this is a copy of the recipe from the site.

L/C Pizza Crust

1/4 c flaxmeal
1/4 tsp Baking power
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion salt
1 pack splenda
1 TB Italian seasonings
1 TB grated parm cheese
1 egg
2 tsp water

Mix dry ingredients than add egg & water. Spray a dinner plate with Pam & spread mixture onto the plate.[will be the size of a "personal pizza"]

Micro wave for 1 minute and 40 seconds. on High

Slide off plate into a sprayed frying pan brown both sides on High. Place your ingredients for the topping on top of crust Than Bake at 350F in oven until the cheese melts. Cut into 4th & enjoy.

3 carbs for one pizza crust you have to add the carbs for your toppings.

Hi Jamie,Thanks for the rubber band idea, going to use it in the evenings when I tempted while watching T.V.

Have a great evening

Hugs BB