Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #46  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, so glad to see you have your computer back up.

jabunny, hope you get to feeling better. My son just turned 21, that sure made me feel old.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Still OP so far. I got some bad fatigue going on though. Was supposed to go see my granny today - didn't. Needed to do laundry today. I didn't. I think my arthritis is flared up - my allergies just finished. Either can cause the fatigue. I don't usually have it with my low carbing. It's bad though. Well, gotta get my dragging tail to work for the night.

Arkie Kel
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #48  
beachbum

Good Morning ladies

Its feels great being able to post again. Feeling a lot better than I have this past week with the low tact infection.

Going to bake some Atkins Revolution Rolls and muffins that I found on a low carb web site. Need something sweet for breakfast instead of egg every morning. The weather is the greatest rain & dampness all weekend so I going to rest by relaxing by the fire and reading a good book.

Jamie-I must of miss your post with all the computer problems I had. Welcome to the thread and Atkins web site. Big congrats on your 10.7 weight loss that a awesome loss. you really started low carbing on Mothers Day, that fantastic ,I would have waited until the next day.You lost a lot of weight the body needs are rest.Try to take it easy over this weekend and do rest,if you feel tired.

CoffeeAddict-Welcome to board,Gee I missed a lot when off the computer. I know about scales not being balanced,as I went though a lot of them from dial to diginal and now we have a waist high doctor scale and thats the most accurate.

Kel-Congrats on the 30 lbs and I'm sorry to hear you had pneumonia,that will take a tole out of you. Now that your back OP I sure you'll lost the 10 pounds where you left off. If fatigue is setting in the best thing is to rest over this weekend.

Lily-Happy to hear that you reached you goal again. You are my inspiration,you did so well on this low carbing. I know that last 20 lbs are hard to lose also. Somehow life always get in the way and and the diet is blown.In my case it was my 40th Wedding Anniversary Cruise to Hawaii cost me a 10 weight gain.Lost 9 of it,now I'm working my way down to goal. Need

Have a great day

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Had a crazy bad night. Only a person working a geriatric psych unit could grasp the extent. We had two extreme geriatric psych patients that ran us ragged, and I don't work on Geri Psych! Had one throwing urinals and more at us. To make a long story short, in spite of his best efforts I came home urine free. In spite of it all, I did stay OP! That was some bad stress. I was really ready for a good case of "I deserve it syndrome." Beyond flying urine and being cursed, what more would it take to deserve the hershey bar from the snack machine? Well, I resisted. I did it. I came home OP and free of urine (and without hitting anyone!).

Glad to see everyone doing well.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #50  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

BB, Good to see you'r up and running on the internet again, I'ts damp and rainy here too, makes me want to go back to bed. Enjoy you'r relaxing weekend.

Kel, Great job staying OP with all that stress.

I'm still op. Had a dream that I was eating chocolate and cupcakes.
I hope everyone else is having a good weekend.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #51  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Kel worked in a dementia unit and I sure do understand where you are coming from. Had the thrown urinals and pinches and bruises where they should not be. Good job avoiding the give in to the stress.

Hello again to all (been gone for quite a time here,) but am going to be back full time for a short time till I get back to work. and back full time into the diet. (I do PPLP wich is similar to atkins) Most of you I do not remember and a few of you I do. So starting diet slowly and just jumping in with the posting and exercise.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #52  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hiya Sue, welcome back
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #53  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. Kel and Sue it's good to see the two of you back with us.

Well, we made it through SD's graduation last night and DH's XW behaved herself, so all went well.

I'm feeling really sluggish, so I'm off to take a quick nap.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #54  
Jabunney

S/C/G: 198.6/190.3/140

Height: 5'5

Default Argggghhh!!!!

Well,
After my 10.6 lbs lost I gained 1.6 over the weekend and I don't even know how except that I didn't drink as much water as I do at work. We were super busy and i didn't cheat not even once, we got pizza for the kids, and I took the toppings off like I have normally done and put it on a salad, and another thng I am having a harder time getting into ketosis??? Bought the strips and it is just pink I used to be able to get it dark dark... So today, I am eating eggs and trying to get back to what I did when I did this a few years ago. I had a few more sodas, *(diet)* then I would have this weekend so maybe that is it... Does anyone know if your vitamins might cause you not to get into ketosis??? I forgot to take those on Sunday to.

Oh well I am done ranting... I am not giving up, Hope everyone had an AWESOME weekend!!!
jabunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #55  
Jabunney

Default Reply to BB

Hey BB thanks for the advise, I didn't get on the computer at all this weekend and just saw your post. I should have read it earlier... I was just weird feeling yesterday, Tired and just sluggish not knowing what was wrong with me. And then I gained 1.6 lbs back! I didn't cheat at all... I am still here and tooting along though just really tired this morning and frustrated. I knew it was going to slow down but I didn't want to gain, and I can't seem to really get into ketosis for some reason. I bought those strips and can't get them dark red like I have a few years ago when I was on this... Any suggestions
Old 05-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #56  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The sun is shining,and we are going to take advantage,as we haven't seen the sun since Thursday, by doing some walking before we go to Wal-Marts.

This is the 2ns week that I'm on Fosamax and no problems[side effect].So I guess I will stay with this medicine.

Jamie-I wish I could give you advice about the Ketos strips as I don't use them.Maybe you eating hidden carbs,and not even know it, That caused you to gain,that happens to me a lots of times.Heres a hidden carb calculator web site that you could use.
http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes.html. Hope that helps.

Puncizilla-It rained all weekend and finally we saw the sun. Have to get use to this new Mac, comparing to the PC theres so much to learn.

Have a great day

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:13 PM   #57  
Jabunney

Default afternoon post.

I am thinking that since I started this that I have never eaten so much and still lost weight ever in my life... I think that the sugar free candy with the 3 net carbs might have done it or that I didn't eat very much this weekend, or drank my water... I will see tomorrow when I do my *BN* (bare naked) weigh in. Only do it in the mornings But also I read in my book no more then 3 cups of salad a day!!! Might be it to that is all I had this weekend... Hope everyone is doing well not to many people online this morning... Thanks BB for the link I am checking it out now... tata for now!
Jamie
Old 05-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #58  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jamie, sorry about your gain , I'm sure it will be gone again right away. probably a combination of the lack of water and the artificial sweeteners. I don't know about the strips either, I'v never used them.

Hi BB, Glad you are doing well on the Fosamax.

Hi everyone else Have a good day!

Does anyone use flax meal or ground flax? I bought some and the bag says, 4gr of fiber, 4gr of carbs per 2 tbs, so no net carbs right? but when I put it in fitday it says 27carbs , 11 gr fiber for 1/2 cup. ? Am I missing something? Should I go with the bag or fitday? Any help would be apreciated.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #59  
lilybelle

jabunney, I found that the SF candy would cause me to stall or gain when I was doing Atkins, even though the package shows very few carbs.

I went and checked my garden and now I have little tomatoes on my plants. Yippee. I can see that I am having rewards now for all my hard work. Plus, tons of baby squash and everything is so bloomed out.

My eating wasn't perfect this weekend, but I got in lots of outdoor activity/exercise and my wt. held steady at 144 lbs. So , I'm happy.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #60  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I have used flax meal and well I go by the bag. I only use a few tsp at a time so even if there were more carbs i would consider them good carbs as it is all fiber.

Jamie Weight gain can be caused by many things including lack of water the body senses a drought and holds on to the water hard and thus causing a gain. if 1 gallon of water is 7 lbs then 8 oz is almost 1 lb. so think of that. Think of the fact that you also have not eaten much and the body will hold on weight if it senses not enough calories. what about TOM???

I too am a scale fanatic but I refuse to be ruled by the scale. Since kicking the exercise up a few notches (although I have not been eating good I have not been that bad) I have gained 6 lbs. (in about 2 weeks) BUT I am not complaining as I have gained muscle. I just have not lost the fat to go with it. if i was exercising and watching the food i would have seen a smaller gain but a gain the same.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote