Old 01-26-2007, 07:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/140

Height: 5'1"

Hello folks,

Hope all are well. I have been pretty much on plan with one lapse yesterday - I ordered Lemon Chicken for dinner, along with Eggplant in Garlic Sauce. I have been very frustrated at work, and working to the point of exaustion for the past two days. Underpaid and underappreciated. Most of the time, I am so very easy going and do not get upset, but the past few days have been awful. I had a private meltdown.

The good that has come out of this is that I have made the decision that I want to be coaching full time. I want my private practice to be my ONLY work. I had thought to use my day job as my primary source of income and my practice as a supplement, but I realized after the past several days, that I don't want to be on that hamster wheel anymore.

I want to be able to go out dancing on Tuesday nights and stay up till 2 am if I wanted and not have to worry about being at work early, because I planned it that way. I don't want to be so exausted at the end of the day that I can't enjoy all the other stuff in life I love.

I want to be half way able to keep up with keeping my apartment in order.

And I never want to think about a JCAHO survey again, ever.

So out of the aggrivation and hurt and exaustion came a very positive decision. Now all I have to do is figure out how to do it, haha.

Anyway, in the process, the Lemon Chicken called to me. Not the worst lapse I could have had. I passed up the white rice, as always, but that breading on the chicken and the sauce was so carby.

Oh I went to yoga class last night and we did a shoulder stand. I used to do those all the time when younger. I made it up, but I ended up litterally staring at 2 rolls of fat, right in my face. Plus my butt where where I was holding myself up, was a lot squishier than I remember when I used to do shoulder stands. LOL. Really reminded me how far I have to go and why I am doing this. I will be so happy when this weight is off.

Keep up the good work, everyone

Nona
nonamortica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #32  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

YIPEEEEE!!! Everything is super OK with Leo,hes still in remission[no cancer at all showing on the cat scan]. The only thing,the bottom of his lung clasped where the radiation hit it,but the doctors don't see any problem with that.He told the doctor that hes doing deep breathing exercises. Doctored oked that and said he doesn't have to come back or have another cat scan until 6 months.

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys earlier,but while we were out there we went to lunch & than we did some shopping. Had to buy the kids crafts for the Valentine Day presents. We get back late and had to start dinner,and after 6 PM we shut down the computer.

Have to run again this morning,have to food shop,than we have Comcast come in to set up our new HD T.V. after that I have a Canasta card game to go to,that will last for most of the afternoon.

Leo will leave the computer open tonight so I can post later tonight.

Have a wonderful day

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-26-2007 at 05:07 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #33  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Shea, nice to have you here

Sounds like you've made peace with your decision Nona, good for you.

Wonderful news BB!! Im thrilled for you and Leo!

I had a good day yesterday. Eating was 100%, but I didnt get my cardio in. Thats alright, I'll do yeserdays cardio on sunday which was suppose to be my rest day. All in all, things are going pretty good.

I found a very inspirational quote yesterday, I liked it so much I cut it out in vinyl, and Im going to apply it to my office wall today.

Your goals, Minus your doubts, Equal your reality.

Not alot planned for today....besides staying warm....have a great op day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

WELCOME ABOARD MORE NEWCOMERS! You’ll like it here.

Robin: WTG pulling out the wt machine.

Forest: I too work 7-7 shift –overnight. I usually count carbs from midnight to midnight and plan accordingly. Sometimes I don’t have many starting to work – I eat a meat/cheese kind of meal (lunchmeat and cheese in a bowl on the road). Sometimes I have many carbs leftover which is easier. I don’t even try to keep to “regular” meals. I just pack a lunchbox of choices, our snack machine has peanuts and pork skins, & just eat when hungry. I also drop by the cafeteria for eggs/bacon/sausage some AMs. As for deviled eggs – they’re great! I sandwich the sloppy sides together and they will just stick like that. Then they become more portable for work.

Lilly: Glad DH is coming around. I know it’s been hard. Also, on adding in foods and carbs with maintenance. I would suggest trying to add one new food at a time in case one is a wt gain demon for you. Up your carbs a little at a time too, just in case.

Aud: I commend you. The most important thing isn’t to do a diet perfectly (who the H can do that?) it’s to get back to it when you lose control!

Tracy: Hold off those evil voices. They eventually lose a lot of power and weaken. That’s not to say they don’t surface loudly at times, but they get better! Just listen to the wt falling off instead. Way to go on the wt loss. Just keep that in mind when temptation is in front of you.

Nona: JACHO – OMG, I know that one. That would drive me to cheesecake! Sounds like you are rethinking your life. I think life is too short to waste it being unhappy.

For you all: I have found a DH solution! I have made a HUGE list of many small tasks (larger ones broken into smaller ones just to keep them consistent). Each week he or I pick a couple tasks to tackle. It’s working. Can you believe it. He even tackles other tasks on the list halfway when he has a little time so they will be smaller when he gets to them! Thank goodness – I already have my workout room set up. His mother has a treadmill (nice one too) she is giving me! Pick up treadmill is on the list – will do that soon!

Beachbum: That’s good news with the Dr. I hope things continue on track for you!

I am still OP except for a BIG lapse Wed night for DH’s birthday. He chose this AWESOME BBQ place near here for his birthday outing. OMG, I’m just not that strong! I did it big time! Pork steak as big as my head, melt in your mouth tender and drizzled in the real candy sweet BBQ sauce, French fries, fried okra, baked beans (I actually left some of those behind), and diet coke. Yep, diet coke. I’m sure it balanced the rest. I ate to the bursting point. I will say I don’t regret it. I’m hardly in that restaurant. It is a favorite. I’ve come to the point, I choose to enjoy a meal off now and then within reason and let the guilt go. Only problem, it came with some guilt – I ate until I was about to POP! Well, I won’t likely be there again till next year so I’ll manage.

No more news on the mysterious lost credits at school. So far in chemistry I have an A.

I got messed up this week on my sleep/wake cycle with a meeting at work. I’ve been off ever since. BUT, after the meeting I approached our CNO (that’s the abbreviation for THE BIG CHEESE nurse) and she and I had a very long chat. In the meeting she used me and another nurse as “hypothetical” examples of what not to do! I was upset. I told her so. I told her several people took it that I am disorganized – not so, I happen to be anal, bordering on OCD at times. She apologized and seemed impressed that I stood up for myself. We discussed other things and the whole chat was very positive towards me. I think screwing myself up on my sleep may pay off this week! I also had stood up to a very aggressive nurse at work – which had also impressed her. HA, maybe I’ll get a little more recognition at work or better.

Sorry post is so long, I’ve been messed up this week and couldn’t get to it.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #35  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

nona and Kel, reading your posts certainly hits home for me. After 20 yrs. working as an RN, sometimes I'm very thankful I'm at home full-time now. I absolutely hated the JCAHO ordeal each time. I hated that night shift always had their meeting in the middle of the day when we needed to get sleep after working at night. I also had problems with grouchy co-workers and dr.s that were total jerks. Man, I don't miss it all. Our CNO wouldn't have known how to care for a pt. for her life. I felt that I was passed over for day shift at times when I had seniority. I didn't fit the part because of my weight. Of course the excuse I always recieved is "we need the most experienced nurses on nights". I loved caring for patients and was good at it. I hated the bureaucratic B.S.

Me and my DD officially have the flu. Her school is even closed due to the flu outbreak. I felt very yucky.

Kel, I'm being careful with adding the carbs. I really don't even want much to eat right now. I cooked some beans last night for the first time in 1 1/2 yrs. They were salty, and my wt. is up 1 lb. this morning. I know it's just water weight. I only had 1400 cal's yesterday and the day before. I had 2300 cals/ day when I was doing strictly Atkins, so I know I'm not gaining fat. I am going to weigh every other day and see how this goes. Some of the experienced maintainers had forewarned me that I'd see a temporary gain in water wt. with adding more carbs. If it doesn't come back off, I'll back down to 25-35 carbs again. I'm actually still doing Atkins, just slowly adding in some high fiber/ higher carb foods that I should be able to get on maintenance. Change is definitely scary though.

BB, I'm so glad to hear that Leo is doing so well. That is great.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #36  

Hi, Lily, I think I told you this before but Westsoy Unsweetened soy milk only has 1 net carb ........5 carbs and 4gm fiber. Soy milks quite often have added sugar so you have to be careful and read labels. You can add sugar free flavor or use any way you would use milk. I don't drink it straight without flavor. I mix it with tomato juice to make soup and blend it with a hand blender if it curldes. I love tomato soup. I think soy milk is a great food for any kind of diet because it fits so well. And it adds fiber to whatever you are making with it. Does anyone know how many carbs diabetics are allowed? I always wondered how people with diabetes managed their diet.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #37  
lilybelle

Hi Carol, I am going to look for that soymilk when I go shopping. I have the flu right now, so not sure when I'm going.

Diabetic diets are very individualized. I have seen some people on 1400 cals', some on 1600 cal's , some on 1800 cals and some on 2000 cal's. It can be any number depending on what their Dr. thinks is appropriate for that person. I had been put on 1400 cal's prior to starting Atkins. I felt like I was starving to death. This was when I weighed in the 230's and it simply wasn't enough food for me.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #38  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I'm sorry for being MIA except for the report on Leo progress.

Well, This cold weather took the best of me yesterday by having 2 c of Progresso chicken noodle soup in a pumpernickel bowl, for lunch.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much bread[1 whole loaf in one sitting YIKESSSSSSSSS!!! What was I thinking.It all started when Leo's doctor was talking about Fishermans Warf and started remembering the clam chowder in bread bowls,and you guessed I had to have one. Now that I got that back to PROGRAM my menu for today is low carbing again.

Thanks again for all your prayers for Leo once again,we really appreciate them and now we can go on with our lives,less stressful.

Robin-Thanks for the kinds words.we're very happy with the news.Like your quote, it really makes sense,its a keeper.

Arkansas Kel- Your idea of not feeling guilty after a eating a Off program meal, made my thinking,I shouldn't be so hard on myself after what I did as I posted above.Just go back OP and I will lose again. Thanks for you list of what DH's should do,going to put that to use.and thanks we're very happy that we can continue with our lives as we did once before.

LILY- Oh No!!! That terrible. My dh gets the shots but I lacked in not getting this year. Hope my immune system will fight off this treadful flu. Take car,and get better soon. Thanks for the wonderful words you posted for Leo & I.

Carol-We use Silk soy milk for breakfast and than again at dinner. Its 100 for 1 c Total fat 4,total carbs 8g, fiber 1g, and 8 sugars. Protein 7g so I don't think the sugar it too high in this product.

Have a great morning

Hugs BB
Old 01-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #39  

BB, Does your dh do any certain type of deep breathing exercises, I mean is there a name for them? I have sarcoidosis, a lung disease and would be interested in this. Thanks.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #40  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

BB~ that soup sounds very good I love the turkey stew from tim hortons in the bread bowl. I havent had that in years! Just dust yourself off, and start fresh today. No point in beating yourself up over it.

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day. It was a hard one, I had alot of stuff going on in my head that I couldnt shut down. I had posted about in my blog, and a friend had replied "its just the fat asking you if you are sure you want to get rid of it". It was like a light switch going off for me. I knew the answer right away, and I was able to straighten up and quit fighting with myself. The power of words are a wonderful thing.

I got the quote I posted here yesterday up on my wall, I think it looks pretty good. Its on the other computer so I cant post a pic right now, but if you want to see it, its in my blog.

Not alot planned for today, its a cardio day. I may pull out the tae bo tape I picked up at the library and give that a whirl today. Im not up for going to the mall with dh and walking thru there. I get tired of that pretty fast. Although, it does get my dh out and walking a bit too

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #41  
lilybelle

Hi BB and Robin, glad to see you two able to post some more. I was feeling pretty lonely on here.

Don't feel bad if you have a treat meal/ off day. I have done it many times. It's the not giving up and keeping pluggin on that counts for the long haul. No one is perfect, I'm certainly not.

I'm feeling a little better today. I started Zithromax yesterday and I'm not coughing up anything this morning.

I sent DH grocery shopping yesterday, as I was too sick to go. He got everything on my list and a bunch of junk food to boot. Why is it , I knew ahead of time that I couldn't trust him to pick out our food. Anyway, the full butter popcorn, chocolate bars and potato chips are being sent to work with him and he can keep them in his locker. They are tempting to me, but I do pretty good at ignoring them. However, my DD is trying to watch her wt. and she can't refuse junk if it's readily available.

I now have 13 puppies to care for instead of the 12. My DH bought a beagle pup yesterday for my 14 yr. old step-daughter that lives in Las Vegas. Her mother wouldn't let her have one of the lab. puppies because they get too big and chew too much. They had looked everywhere in Las Vegas for a beagle pup and the average cost there was $1200.00 per pup. DH got this pup from a friend of his at work, it's full-blood and costed $30.00. Anyway, my step-daughter will be here on spring break in March and take the pup home then. So, more poo for me. Oh yeah! Can't you feel my excitement. Good news is , my pups are almost completely weaned and should be picked up by their new owners over the next 2 weeks.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #42  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Carol-The breathing exercisers my Dh does are from the cancer network the web site is:
http://www.cancernetwork.com/journal...ary/p0011i.htm

Hope these exercises will help you.

Robin-I loved the bread bowls ever since I first visited San Francisco,and after the doctor mentioned Fisherman's Wharf I had to have them again. Well today I back OP and feeling great for going back.

Lilly-Happy to be back,I agree we do have to have a day off,once in a while,its amazing how the mind works never gave them a thought until the the doctor mentioned SF/FW. Happy that you're feeling better.You're lucky I use to be the one who had to restrain from the junk food when we go out shopping. DH says he going to but a leash on me,so I can't put them in the shopping cart.Now I eat a good & filling breakfast,before I go out. Great news,that you'll be free of all those puppies soon. I only deal with one pet at a time,never let our pets outdoors.

Hugs BB
Old 01-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #43  
lilybelle

BB, at 4AM this morning, I got up and put 12 pups outside. They were yapping their heads off and me and DS couldn't sleep. I left the beagle in as she was hiding from me in the closet. LOL. I have now found it and put it out with the others. It's raining and she won't stay in the large dog house with the other pups. Oh well, she'll get wet and cold and eventually seek shelter with the others if she is smart. My mama dog does stay inside all the time. My cats one stays mostly in, the other is afraid of us and stays outside. it's a stray.

As for shopping, I always prepare a list. Huge mistake if I don't EAT before I go. Then there is no telling what I might make it home with. I know that all the ingredients for no-bake cookies somehow keep popping up in my cabinets. I know those dang chocolate chips are bought during moments of hunger and weakness.

I sure haven't ever had one of those soup bowls that you are talking about but it probably tasted great. I'm severely allergic to shellfish, so I probably couldn't have it anyway. My DH loves Red Lobster. Since I can't have crab legs anymore, I'm not ever anxious to go there. When I do succumb and go, I have the baked trout.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #44  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Ahhhh WTG tracy & robin!! And GREAT to hear good news about Leo, beachie! And jump on in here Shea!!

Just got time for a drive-by - been super work stressed - shift hours and tons of work-related BS . . . . so totally relate. The *mad* icon is directed at myself - and my continued inability to deal with the BS in a POSITIVE way - gotta remember its not easy to CHANGE a lifetime HABIT of dealing with stress thru EATING crap/hurting myself. HAVE been more assertive like you're doing ArkieK . . . baby steps baby steps baby steps.

Hiya lily, nona, carol . . . ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #45  
lilybelle

Hi aud, sorry to hear your work has been so stressful. Hope it gets better for you soon.