Old 01-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Tracy, I am also ecstatic to have DH on track (for now). It is frustrating when he is working against me. Of course, he wants to "help" his daughter, but it's to the point that he isn't helping and it's dang near caused us a divorce. I absolutely hate feeling like I'm being lied to about money and feeling like the 2 of them are teaming up together without my knowledge. It devalues me as a wife. She is 24 yrs. old and it's time to cut the cord and let her butt fall. I was completely straightforward with him. Told him that his lying to me and pilfering money to give her was teaching her that this is normal behavior in a marriage. Very much let him know that she learned it from him!

Funny thing I need to mention. You know how furious I was that she kept my expedition for months and wouldn't bring it back. Left me her stinky , little hyundai that was all trashed out. Well, last week she borrowed my DH's Jeep and kept it for a week with him telling her every day to bring it back. He had to drive her car. He was furious. He finally went yesterday and got his Jeep back. LOL, it's different when it's his vehicle that is taken. I'll tell you how bad her car is, I accidentally took my huge cat to the bank drivethru without knowing it til the teller said "oh, what a pretty cat". It was in the back window on a pile of clothes. LOL.

Tracy, WTG on the 4.5 lbs. lost. That is great.

aud, I weighed this morning and am up a lb. No surprise at all after what I have eaten lately. I'm back on program and plan to stay here. I am counting every single carb and plan to stay at 25 or less per day. There are days that I totallly re-eat an entire LC meal. Sometimes, I don't eat much, other days I am very hungry. Today I had lunch for breakfast, just didn't want breakfast food.

Robin, we have a heat wave today. High of 47 . Yeah, I took Molly and the pups outside for the day. The sun is bright. The overnight low was 15 degrees.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #17  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Arghghghghghg lily - we have SO MUCH in common - not just the same age! I have SO BEEN there. Just INFURIATING times . . . those kind of issues were the closest DH & I came to d-i-v-o-r-c-e as well. Not to mention I came YAY CLOSE to turning to an old BF for comfort. I considered dh's attitude/actions total betrayal of our wedding vows - just as hurtful and cheat-like as an affair. He, too, had to live and learn lily . . . glad to report that we got thru it but not w/o scars. I was, at times, cast as the one with the problem/wicked stepmother etc. The biggest blow-ups were always predicated when dh would start sentences with "we!": As in "We don't know why you're acting like this???" WTH is "WE????" I'd demand to know!!!

Looking back - and can't believe it's taken me so long to realize this salient fact: Those years were when my weight BALLLLLOOOOONED!

DOH! *smacking forehead*

Gosh, I LOVE 3fc and all of you! Moments of clarity.

Gotta get my Pilates on - ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #18  
lilybelle

aud, I can so relate. I think they think of me as the "evil step-mom" at times. I'm trying to keep him from "helping" her. Hmmmmmmmm, maybe that is why I had a dream last night about having an affair. (which is something I've never done and would never do). I actually was put on psych. meds due to the stress. Then, I thought "why am I taking this crap? He's the one screwing up and I'm trying to numb my feelings/attitudes to be able to cope with it". WTH. I quit taking that psych. med. If I can't make things work without extra meds, then it isn't worth it. There is nothing wrong with me mentally, him and her are the ones that need those meds, a good counselor and a healthy dose of "growing up".
Old 01-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #19  
beachbum

Hi ladies

We have some snow on the ground,but it will melt by this afternoon,nothing new otherwise.

Lily-I think the sweet potato is lower on the GI list.It doesn't effect your blood sugar. Even the South Beach allows sweet potato not the reg one.I just had to have one as I haven't since over a year ago.Good for you,that it finally worked.Older Children shouldn't expect anything from there parents,unless its a dira emergency.

Tracy-Big congrats on 4.5 lbs gone.You're battle with the carbs paid off.

Robin-Hope the tend to exercise will continue.Its bitter cold up here on the Cape also. Let DH shovel the 1 " snow off the walk and tha we both stayed in the house. We're now expecting another 2-3 " of the white stuff tomorrow.

Have a great one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #20  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

BB, I hope so too. Its good that Ive told dh what Im doing, he natters at me to make sure Ive got my workouts done. Its kinda nice

Leg workout planned for today, and a walk with dh. Other than that, just putzing around the house.

Have a good one ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #21  
lilybelle

Hi all, I re-read my Atkins book last night on maintenance. I am going to change up my menu plan a little. I had gotten to where my menu was boring. I never added in most of the maintenance foods that I should be eating. It's hard to make a change since I have been maintaining. Basically what I'm going to do is lower my fats and add things such as refried beans, whole wheat pasta, cheerios (they are surprisingly LC), wheat pancakes with SF syrup. I am going to track both carbs and calories while making these changes. I have been getting roughly 1400 cal's a day for quite some time and plan to not go above this. I am sticking to the lower glycemic foods for my changes. I have never tried a fruit smoothie made with soy milk, berries and splenda, so I'm going to try this too. After a yr. and half now, I am tired of bacon/sausage and eggs all the time. I never really figured out what my maintenance carb threshold should be. Just stuck to 25-35 carbs. Never tried hardly any new food except Oats. I'll let you all know how it goes. Dr. Atkins does say these foods are allowed in maintenance but I have been too afraid to try them. After my reading last night, I realized my eating was still pretty much in the OWL category. I made me a new notebook to record every single morsel in, my WI's and my exercise. I'll be doing a lot of label reading again at the grocery store. I'm now off to the kitchen to try to make my very first fruit smoothie.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #22  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I didn't fall off the band wagon,just busy,cooking and watching our new high definition LTC T.V. that arrived today.Its amazing the picture almost looks like 3D the the people look closer to the screen then the scenery.

W-I today and I stayed the same,had to much sodium in last nights meal.Going to re-weigh myself on Friday.

Have a wonderful evening

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:54 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Good evening ladies
Good for you Lily! I can understand the fear you must be facing. You have done so well that I have no doubt that you can reign yourself in if need be.

Just a quick note to admit that I didn't have the best day. I stayed in the right carb range, but didn't eat enough or excercise enough. I have to admit that it's kind of a nice change to be worried baout not eating enough instead of the other way around.
Hope you all had a great day!
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 AM   #24  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Its kinda cool isnt it Tracy?!

We have a busy day planned today. Meetings, and lots of vinyl to be weeded. That should keep me out of the kitchen for a while Ive been hiding up in my office when I start with the cravings. Not really cravings, they have been boredom munchings. I made it thru yesterday....and Im down 4lbs so far this week. Hopefully that will make it easier today

Have a great day ladies, time to start my day
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #25  
lilybelle

Hi all,

Well I had previously thought that I was getting an average of 1400 cal's a day doing Atkins. I know after keeping meticulous count that I am actually getting a lot more than that. I do eat a lot of meat and never measure it or worry about it all . With adding these higher carb maintenance foods, I am weighing my food and finding that I eat normally quite a bit. I'm staying at 1400 cals for now and recording it but it sure isn't as much food as I'm used to getting. I'll recheck my wt. on Sat. and Tues. and may actually lose some wt. this week. If adding these additional foods causes me to gain, I'll go back to exactly what I have been doing for the past yr. and 1/2. I am not one to go hungry that is for sure.

There are schools here closed because too many kids are out sick. My DD is one of them and she has kindly passed it to me. I have a terribly sore throat, a dry cough and joint aches. I was planning on walking 3 miles last night. Made it 2 1/4 miles and my hips were hurting so much I had to stop. Now, I normally have all kinds of health problems, but joint pain isn't one of them. Of course with the hip pain and sore throat both my DH says "I've got a cure for that". I told him to leave me alone. Why are men stupid?

Tracy, I have actually had days too where I didn't feel like I ate much. But, it balances out. I have days that I felt like I eat like a Piggie too.

Robin, WTG on the 4 lbs. that is awesome. My wt. is up right now. I feel all bloated. I normally range from 140-145 and I'm at the top of the range for now.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #26  

Hey everyone,
my day started out darn well, I have realized though that 30 minutes on the reccumbent bike is it for me. So I've decided to stay at 30 minutes everyday and just push the workout harder and keep my heartrate up. I can keep this up until the treadmill in our garage gets set up by my DH (insert your own interpretation of DH using a negative twist please. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth).
Had a great breakfast and organized food for the day. I'm down 8.5 lbs since Monday and everything is looser already. I am a content girl.
Hope you all have a great day.
Tracy
Old 01-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #27  
lilybelle

Tracy , WTG on the 8.5 lbs. that is awesome. I totally understand the treadmill and DH situation. My DH bought me an elliptical for Christmas. He set up in the room with the 12 puppies. How dumb is that? It smells like poo in there, no matter how often I clean it . Plus, who could exercise on it with 12 pups in the wheels or under the foot steps? It took him a month, but he's finally now moved it to our bedroom where I can actually use it. DUH, that was the purpose , I thought.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #28  

LOL....My DH is the king of anal retentive and it's paired with a tich of procrastination. sooooooo He can't set up the excercise room until he puts up the cabinets in the other room which have nothing to with the room that's gonna be the work-out room...if someone could explain that logic to me I would greatly appreciate it. The cabinets have been not up for about 5 months. Nagging is the next course of action and I've never nagged him in 6 years of being together so he'll have no idea what hit him.
I am very greatful that the smell of poo is not part of the problem.
I would love to know the thought process that is used when certain men's decisions are made....good lord!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I'm happy to say that my new winter coat is no longer tight....I did the happy dance when I put it on this morning.

I hope your all having a fabulous OP day.
hugs
Tracy
Old 01-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #29  

thanks for the cheers Robin! I've been wanting to ask you, what does your avatar mean?

BB That LCD TV would get in big couch potato trouble....may the force be with you!

Tracy
Old 01-26-2007, 05:52 AM   #30  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Got room for one more?

I just started induction on saturday, and have been sticking pretty good all week. I did atkins before when I was trying to control my PCOS and have a baby. I'm really commited to it working this time too, but not to have any more kids
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote